page  <- 12345678910111213141516171819 -> <- 1 .. 7 .. 19 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Precursor
Okay, yeah, looks to me like the absolute highest priority (apart from being a place they actually let us stay at around the clock for 3-4 days, of course) is good internets.
I AM FUCKED ANGRY
A meeting in the year 2012 in germany is a bad idea. In europe is the cup for the UEFA EM 2012 football high league in poland and czech. The east side of germany and the hooligans of poland , will plan a death match in poland. But also the polish and croatia with serbia will have the most brutal violent plan to use a knife or pistol to kill a enemy of his politics. I warned you.

2013 is a better friendly year Smiley

I do not know, I come to this meeting, but I am ~1 hour back to Berlin in German.

I have original ->

SNES PAL with 1 Controller (only scart PAL) & GameBoyColor Adapter
Sega MEGA DRIVE with 1 Controller (only Analog PAL)
PSX PAL old system, with one Controller (with ModChip to use NTSC, but have troubles)
Sega DREAMCAST with keyboard and 1 Controller, with VGA NTSC Adapter to use PAL TV for Output 50/60 HZ
PS2 Slim PAL, with modification to use NTSC on PAL without error'S
# But not sure I welcome ?
snakkies. giev.
Umm... what? How does this soccer nonsense affect Frankfurt or Germany in general? I don't see any threat in that. There are always hooligan idiots somewhere, but I don't see why anyone should cancel an event because of them.
Edit history:
Exo: 2011-11-09 12:24:09 pm
Sandbagging
It affects Mortyre because he is probably one of those hooligan idiots Tongue
It's not like any normal person would even notice events like that.
WOW.
Quote:
The east side of germany and the hooligans of poland , will plan a death match in poland.

Good thing our marathon is in Germany then.
I AM FUCKED ANGRY
[quote="Chrno"]
Quote:
Good thing our marathon is in Germany then.

OK !

I hope Quake 1.2.3 come back or BETA / AlPhA come back for speedrun

groobo I hope you come !

@ Exo - du kannst mich mal am arsch lecken !
Precursor
Mortyre's posts need to be in a museum somewhere.
Everybody's favorite monster
HOOLIGANS
Edit history:
Chrno: 2011-11-09 03:04:45 pm
WOW.
Quote from Trekhaak:
HOOLIGANS

...Indeed.
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
Well that's that sorted.  So where do we find the building with high speed internet at/with/near cheapish sleeping arrangements in Frankfurt?
Running: RnF,Kof98, ALIEN HOMINID???
Well, it doesn't have to be necessarily Frankfurt. Around Frankfurt should be good enough,
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Okay, it's been brought to me that we've been going about this marathon the wrong way, and I have to agree.

The last marathons worked because we had people motivated to organize them (me, Essentia) even if the location wasn't super convenient. The DC area is fairly convenient, but Utah isn't exactly cheap to fly to, nor does it have great public transportation. Yet Utah worked just fine for Summer Games Done Quick, because Essentia was willing to host everyone and organize.

The problem with the current approach is that no one is really taking up the helm to organize the event, and you need someone motivated to organize the event and help arrange the logistics. To be honest, I think the location should just be something near the organizer that has good internet and can hold a bunch of people, if not a lot of people are coming it could even be someone's house. Anyway, what this marathon needs is not a location per se, but someone willing to put in the work to organize and arrange the event.
Make it so.
What the boss said.

I agree with this completely, I did offer earlier in the thread to do that job myself as there is a potential place very near to me but it seemed to get shot down/ignored since it was in the UK which may well be a little more expensive. Would anyone be against me looking into it as a possibility? I know UK isn't ideal for everyone but I think possibilities like this shouls at least be explored.

I'll report back with the details asap.
Edit history:
Toothache: 2011-11-09 09:42:38 pm
Let the music play!
Sounds good. I can start looking at potential venues near here - Manchester is a big place, and there's bound to be places that will suit our needs.

EDIT: So, I've sent an e-mail to The University of Manchester, seems a natural choice as they will have the capacity we will need. I'll keep you all informed on that front, and I'll keep looking for other venues.
Make it so.
The possible venue near me is a university site as well, good thinking. I'm planning on contacting the uni charity team as well as if we donate the proceeds to them they may very well be able to help fund the event, I dunno if manchester uni has the same sort of in-built charity scheme as DUCK (Durham University Charities Kommittee) but if it does it might be a good shout to contact them too.
Balls jerky
l like ducks
WOW.
Quote from Toothache:
Sounds good. I can start looking at potential venues near here - Manchester is a big place, and there's bound to be places that will suit our needs.

EDIT: So, I've sent an e-mail to The University of Manchester, seems a natural choice as they will have the capacity we will need. I'll keep you all informed on that front, and I'll keep looking for other venues.

That would be awesome - that's only a 2 hour drive!

@dballin So you don't like turtles?
I survived MIKE-Fest 1
Mike is absolutely right
I didn't post much about organizing because I wanted to see how people bearing because that was not very good
I say that:

If we don't have a location and Organization after AGDQ2 than I will hold the event in Karlsruhe even if it has to be my place

but please con-sitter that offer the last alternative because I really want that a European Marathon will happen
Precursor
UK would also be cool. I believe we "settled" on Germany mostly because we wanted a central European location, and good points were brought up about it. The mistake was that we "decided" on it and thus stopped considering other countries. I haven't checked flight prices but I can't imagine flying to England can be that much more expensive than flying to Frankfurt. (also the UK is my favourite country go go go)

Since I was the one who started this topic in the first place, I've always of course been willing to organize things for this, but a location in a country that's not Sweden is not quite something I can easily take care of. The stuff I can do I'm perfectly willing to do, but this is not a thing I easily can do. It is, however, what needs to be done before anything else should even be considered, and I got the impression that we didn't want it to be in Sweden (with good reason), so I've not taken any active approach at this point in time.

It is, of course, completely true that we should have been looking at locations in different countries and decide what country we want to be in from there, and not the other way around like we did. I should have realized that earlier, why limit ourselves like that?

I apologize for not thinking like that.
we have lift off
Manchester would be like a half hour drive for me, but if it's anywhere in the UK I'd probably come.
train kept rollin
I would be fully up for a UK based event.
Running: RnF,Kof98, ALIEN HOMINID???
Germany/Netherlands/France/and  the likes would be perfect for me since I could drive there or go with the train. England... it would be difficult. But let's see what the University says.
So...Toothache for "president"?

I'm not really the organizing type of person Mikeuyma are speaking about, so I think it's great that you guys are willing. Stuff usually doesn't happen around me ^^'

Waiting with anticipation for the venue to be decided!
WOW.
Quote from Toothache:

If it's in the UK, universities will be our best bet at getting a cheap rate for dorms and internet. Plenty of choice too. I can start looking into some up here in the north although I won't be able to 'organize' the event as I'm a little busy for that at the moment.
Make it so.
Quote from Chrno:
If it's in the UK, universities will be our best bet at getting a cheap rate for dorms and internet. Plenty of choice too. I can start looking into some up here in the north although I won't be able to 'organize' the event as I'm a little busy for that at the moment.

Agreed, I'm gonna be doing the same.

Where abouts are you based Chrno? I'm north-east so can cover some of those.