--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
WOW.
Quote from Tiberius:
Quote from Chrno:
If it's in the UK, universities will be our best bet at getting a cheap rate for dorms and internet. Plenty of choice too. I can start looking into some up here in the north although I won't be able to 'organize' the event as I'm a little busy for that at the moment.

Agreed, I'm gonna be doing the same.

Where abouts are you based Chrno? I'm north-east so can cover some of those.

Cumbria (North-West), so I can contact/look at the likes of Liverpool or Lancaster.
Update? Something? Anyone?
Make it so.
Nothing from me I'm afraid, haven't heard back yet.
WOW.
Nothing here either :/.
Let the music play!
Still haven't heard back from anything myself. I'll start chasing things up after this weekend.
Make it so.
Same, I've discovered a guy who is a president of one of our colleges who is really into the idea and thinks it will back up his fight to get our IT service to properly support online gaming so there is some hope.
I'm from the same town as Freddy and some couple of guys talked about having something here in Skövde Sweden, also that would mean that John Nurminen (from skövde) the 100% SS no feary no death run Zelda 2 pal WR guy could meet that other great Zelda 2 guy. just a though

And I do beleive that our town would support us fully, granting us access to sufficent accomodations and broadbadn speed
from red to blue
I'll make a quick sweep around my area for any last resort places (I'm not exactly close to a good international airport)
John is now also the Official WR holder on Super Mario Bros. PAL on TG it seems
WOW.
Quote from Svenne:
I'm from the same town as Freddy and some couple of guys talked about having something here in Skövde Sweden, also that would mean that John Nurminen (from skövde) the 100% SS no feary no death run Zelda 2 pal WR guy could meet that other great Zelda 2 guy. just a though

And I do beleive that our town would support us fully, granting us access to sufficent accomodations and broadbadn speed

Sounds good!
I know atleast one politician in the city counsel, but should I just ask them or atleast you know "pitch" the idea and see if we can get all of that for free, accomodations/broadband speeds. I want this just as the other guy but Skovde, atleast got trainconnection from the biggest two cities and stockholm adn gothenburg who are close to alteast a couple of airports and then get on a train here? We ahve an airport but only like a cargo-plane per day comes here.
I don't think going from Gothenburg or Stockholm would cause too much trouble, it's not a very long trip from either city. We have a lot of people looking for a place so hopefully we'll get some possible locations and from that we can decide what is best for everyone.

Svenne, I would say that if you can get stuff for free that would be nice! But just getting a place to host this, whatever the cost for it, should be a lot better then having none like we do now. So go for it.
Speedrunner
If something like this would ever to be in Sweden, Im on!

The only i have to brag with is the Trojan run. WR. Smiley
#Casual
Woo, Trojan.
Quote from dxtr:

Is that a SDA run or what?^^ I have not a single run on SDA but I'm atleast certain that my current run will be on here in the future.

So now I've asked my friend, Mikael Wenth who is a big-shot politician in my town, but back in the day he was my music-teacher in high-school. He is also one of the more known songwrites in Sweden, having a song on Eurovision Song Contest, 4 bugg och en coca-cola in 1987. Just waiting to see what he says  when he relys.

well, he got a file on him on wikipedia, jsut google translate  if your interested: http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikael_Wendt
WOW.
Quote from Svenne:
Quote from dxtr:

Is that a SDA run or what?^^ I have not a single run on SDA but I'm atleast certain that my current run will be on here in the future.

So now I've asked my friend, Mikael Wenth who is a big-shot politician in my town, but back in the day he was my music-teacher in high-school. He is also one of the more known songwrites in Sweden, having a song on Eurovision Song Contest, 4 bugg och en coca-cola in 1987. Just waiting to see what he says  when he relys.

Thats awesome! I <3 Eurovision!
Audio-guy. twitchtv:ohgoddamnit
I've turned to just watching speedruns due to fibromyalgia getting so bad I that can no longer play with a d-pad (analogue sticks are fine), but if this ends up in Sweden and an audio engineer with equipment (mixer, mics, compressors and limiters, knowledge) or just equipment is needed, I'm your guy.

(living in Västerås)
Precursor
Oh hey MrLonghair, haven't seen you anywhere since you stopped posting at STGFan.

While Skövde would be pretty great for me, it's all up to how many people would actually be willing to travel to Sweden for it. It's not quite central. On the other hand, neither is UK. But that's why we're looking at all possibilities.
Quote from KennyMan666:
Oh hey MrLonghair, haven't seen you anywhere since you stopped posting at STGFan.

While Skövde would be pretty great for me, it's all up to how many people would actually be willing to travel to Sweden for it. It's not quite central. On the other hand, neither is UK. But that's why we're looking at all possibilities.

Haven't gotten an answer yet, but will be back when I do.

MrLonghair: Wonderful, I dont know if the SDA has different set-ups for different marathons etc. I just gonna find out if we could have it here, not that we should or anything. 

Traveling from the US to London or Gothenburg is just one hour more flight, but I feel you. Tickets from England-Sweden or Sweden-England is cheap. I don't know how many awesome players there are in Europe to be frank, I'm just a guy trying to beat the record on a game from SNES on a NES:P but if it were to be here I might be able to get hold of some camera equitment and record some stuff for that SDA documentary? Two birds, one stone.
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
I think it's best to concentrate on what we can get and then choose the options available since while location is important (though not to me; I'll go anywhere in Europe) if one place offers a far superior solution for equipment, area, price, etc, then that should be the choice.

Tbh I don't know how well my running will hold up but there are a few games across several generations of consoles that I think I can be good enough to marathon run with practice..  Unfortunately I'm a bit useless with anything technical, but if there's anything else I can help with I'll be more than happy to.
Quote from RoboSparkle:
I think it's best to concentrate on what we can get and then choose the options available since while location is important (though not to me; I'll go anywhere in Europe) if one place offers a far superior solution for equipment, area, price, etc, then that should be the choice.

Tbh I don't know how well my running will hold up but there are a few games across several generations of consoles that I think I can be good enough to marathon run with practice..  Unfortunately I'm a bit useless with anything technical, but if there's anything else I can help with I'll be more than happy to.

Me to, I got to much selfrespect to be willing to play games on a marathon that I dont know if I'm great at. But more so, I would never ever try doing a game I'm not 100% sure of all the time. On another note, I might be crazy but I would find it really funny if we would like have double dash or Mario Kart 64 4 players at one point, not only the skills but the WTF moments in those games always makes me laught. SMB2 pal is the one record I'm gonna get, no doubt, so that game I would play or race on a european thingy. I'm used getting my as kicked in games, but love to race anyways!

Need to go to rest, got one part of my final exams coming up on Monday, peace out! (If I get the answer from Mikael, I will post it asap)
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
Speaking of which, does the broadband speeds we are looking for take into account any co-op runs or races that might come up? Can't remember if that's already been asked.

Good luck for your exam Svenne! Hopefully your politician / music teacher will come through for us Smiley
Speedrunner
Quote from Svenne:
Quote from dxtr:

Is that a SDA run or what?^^

It has been verified and accepted by SDA, but hasnt been uploaded yet. Smiley

I have other, kinda, good runs to on my channel.
WOW.
Quote from RoboSparkle:
Speaking of which, does the broadband speeds we are looking for take into account any co-op runs or races that might come up? Can't remember if that's already been asked.

Good luck for your exam Svenne! Hopefully your politician / music teacher will come through for us Smiley

I don't think we need to worry about that, Sweden has some of the fastest internet around.
Edit history:
MrLonghair: 2011-12-09 04:33:18 am
MrLonghair: 2011-12-04 10:18:07 am
MrLonghair: 2011-12-04 10:17:20 am
Audio-guy. twitchtv:ohgoddamnit
Knew I recognized your name from somewhere KennyMannen! Forget how long ago that was though. Feels like we have enough Swedish interest to set up a cute little capable AwesomeGamesDoneSwedish as backup to a big wide 2012 marathon.

I've got some first-hand contacts in the Swedish games industry for possible PR and raffle-material, as well as the media (respectable outlets) for getting word spread, should the need arise. My fibromyalgia and arthritis severely limits my mobility though, Sweden or bust in my case - but nl/NW de is pretty nice and central.

edit: Aw. Been a while since I checked up with the media contacts, downgrade that to people at FragZone, then another gaming site and then people on the local newspaper. The gaming industry contacts and second/third hand contacts are more promising.