page  <- 12345678910111213141516171819 -> <- 1 .. 6 .. 19 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Sea of Green
Lag.Com and I would be flying out from Manchester as well.
WOW.
I shall, also, be flying from Manchester if this goes ahead.
from red to blue
Will probably be flying out from Bristol, maybe Exeter.
Roosendaal to Frankfurt would take me about 5 hours by train, which should be doable I guess. Karlsruhe would probably be a bit longer, but not by much.
Make it so.
Manchester is a way off for me but I may well get the train there to join people if there is going to be a few on the same flight. Unless there are any more of us further north? For reference, I'm in Durham.
Everybody's favorite monster
Quote from sausage948:
Roosendaal to Frankfurt would take me about 5 hours by train, which should be doable I guess. Karlsruhe would probably be a bit longer, but not by much.

I could pick you up i guess
Precursor
Guys, I think it's a little early for travel arrangements when we haven't even decided what city we'll be in. Tongue

Though I have nothing against Frankfurt. If we can find a good place in Frankfurt, let's do it in Frankfurt.
snakkies. giev.
Frankfurt has lots of places. Plus, you don't necessarily need to live there to find something. Let's do it in Frankfurt.
Precursor
Yeah, I'm all for that. But we still want to be sure that we have somewhere to be before we decide.

So, can we get the Germans to start looking aroudn for, like, community centers or whatnot?
Make it so.
Needs a high speed broadband connection obviously. What other things are a necessity for the place we will use? Lot's of power points I guess.
WOW.
Quote from Tiberius:
Needs a high speed broadband connection obviously. What other things are a necessity for the place we will use? Lot's of power points I guess.

Needs dorms if we are not using someone's house.
Running: RnF,Kof98, ALIEN HOMINID???
Don't know if it'll meet the needs, but we are making a KoFXIII Release Party in Offenbach, it's near Frankfurt. The place is reasonably priced and supposedly has room for 80 people. I remember them charging extra fees for extended use of electronics however.

http://www.loft-house-event.de/
For anybody who speaks german.
snakkies. giev.
The site doesn't say anything about internet whatsoever. But at least there would be enough room for everyone. Someone needs to write a mail or make a call there, but we should make a list of what we need first.
Edit history:
KenDeep: 2011-11-07 06:51:31 am
Upload-Speed is at about 540 KBit/s. Download Speed is at about 5700 KBit/s. How I know this? I'm one of the people organizing the KoFXIII-Event. Cheesy
Precursor
Oh hey, that looks like it could be a thing. Do they have dorms? Alternatively, are you allowed to sleep there, even if they don't have dorms?
You are allowed to sleep in there. There are no dorms as far as I know, only some hotels - I don't know how expensive those are. But there should be more than enough room to sleep in there.
Infinite Combo
How is it going with this, this is very interestin since i am European myself
DK + Mario Kart 8 = <3
i have looked in frankfurt is a cultural center and they have rooms for events but i don´t know how big they are

but the lofthouse sounds really good

the only question is how much cost it for a few days?
Somebody would have to talk to them about that. I haven't contacted them once, so I don't know them all too good. I can ask my mates from the Event how much they pay for 2 days.
Precursor
Ask if we can get a discount for being a charity event. Tongue
Edit history:
KenDeep: 2011-11-08 03:04:37 pm
KenDeep: 2011-11-08 03:02:44 pm
Quote:
Upload-Speed is at about 540 KBit/s. Download Speed is at about 5700 KBit/s.

So guys, anybody who knows a thing or two about Streaming got anything to say about that? Is it enough to stream two streams(gameplay/the couch of doom)?

And the charity discount is debatable, but you never know! Cheesy

Oh, and it supposedly costs 850 Euro the day.
from red to blue
It's nowhere near enough for two streams.
I agree with Greedo, we should figure out what our minimum needs are.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
To be honest, that upload speed is barely enough for one stream, any PC game that is newer than 2002 or 3, or PS2 generation game or newer will likely have trouble being streamed.
Edit history:
Aftermath: 2011-11-09 04:59:58 am
Quits halfway
Maybe some other people can chime in, but in my experience, you'd probably want 1200kbit/s at the very minimum. The more motion a game has, the more it needs to look good. Generally though, if you're doing the same xsplit setup as was done at SGDQ, it'll run around 800-1000kbit/s for video (most of the time it was well below this, but some games used more), with another 50-100kbit/s for audio (depending on your quality). If you're doing 2 separate streams, plan for ~800 for the main one and ~300 for the commentary cam, plus audio bitrate for each.

That being said, if you're doing FPSes with lots of colors and movements (serious sam), you're going to want a bit more than that, probably 1500 for the game stream using a small resolution like 720x480. Most people will be able to dl that just fine, there usually aren't too many problems for people not being able to watch the stream until you get up into the 2000s.

One other thing to worry about is that when you get quotes of "3Mbit/s" or whatever, that's saying it'll be "up to 3Mbit/s" and often the actual u/l will be below what's quoted. So you'll probably want to do several tests on the internet speed to make sure it's always clearing the minimum speeds you want.