page  <- 12345678910111213141516171819 -> <- 1 .. 16 .. 19 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Precursor
Obviously. Half the list at the moment is me, and the other half is things I've come to understand will happen, with a 90% probability. Oh gods now I'm turning into Fi.

And this is still why I shouldn't be writing anything else on it until after the 31st. Because after the 31st is when I will start with the more detailed plans and start up some more threads for those things.

I'll go ahead right here and say I'll take care of the runner/game list when that time comes, though.
Totally rad
I can give you this info at the moment, KennyMan666: Sonic Chaos (estimate: 20 minutes)
Hopefully, I'll be able to add Amnesia to the list soon, but I'll let you know later on how that's going.
Precursor
Note that estimates need to be generous. Add ten minutes or so. I rounded up one of mine that should take about 52-53 minutes to one hour estimate, and I should probably up that to 1:10:00 to account for marathon luck.

But let me state that I very very very much don't want any more people saying what games they want to run there now. I probably shouldn't even have mentioned that I had started sketching up a list.
Edit history:
Edenal: 2012-01-12 08:00:59 am
Hockey enthusiast
Guys. Wrong thread for that.

Keep focus on venues and dates, not possible games. (For now)

Edit: Type-o :S
Make it so.
While I am very hyped for this and all, from what I've seen of Flicky, he seems a very reasonable and logical guy. While it's possible he's just being 'negative' about the whole thing, I am interested in hearing what he has to say. We shouldn't just shut him down simply because he might be against the project Tongue

I've got a meeting with the principle of my old college early next week to chat about the possibility of hosting it here, just as another venue option. I'll keep you updated on what happens.
Precursor
Oh, I definitely want to hear what Flicky has to say. But posting just to say "I think we should do another thing entirely, but I can't tell you why now" just sounds, I don't know. He could easily have waited with posting anything at all until he had the time to type up a post with the reasons for why.
Edit history:
roysen: 2012-01-12 07:51:30 am
am i getting it right that the place frezy looked into would give us, like, a huge room for usyou all to sleep in in sleeping bags?
Precursor
Yeah. That's standard fare for Swedish cons/events.
the sleeping room's not a problem. it just makes me wonder if there would be any showers and toilets at all.
Precursor
Oh, that. Of course there'll be toilets, and I'll assume there's showers, but Frezy will have to give the final word about that.
I might make it there and I can run plenty of games
bläää
Actually I have never heard anything about there being showers in the building. So that might be a problem Tongue But it is showers in or sport Arena/center on the other side of the center of the town. About 1 km. We will probably be able to find closer showers.

Yea, sleeping bad is the basic style during event like this. Otherwise it is at least 2 Hostel and 3 hotels within 1 KM.

I finally reached the guy that had the information about the internet connection. We have a good and safe 300Mbit line up and down so that is not a problem. They use to have 200 computers hooked up with it IIRC. We can probably get even faster too because I think they where trying to fix that.

The janitor said that the ventilation in Balder where we are planning to have as marathon room doesn´t have a great ventilation but he said it would be enough for 15 people. So I guess we can handle really hot summerdays (30C / 86F)

About the date then. 13th. August to 20th might be better? Or anyone who thinks anything else? Then we would have even more time to organize it. I think deciding for a 5 day marathon might not be a good idea right now. I suggest we try to fill up a 3 day schedule and see how many runners that we can attract before doing a longer marathon.
WOW.
I think a 3 day marathon + a day of bonus stream? I don't know, anyway, I think them dates look good now.
Precursor
I think booking it for a week and then deciding the length of it from the amount of interested runners. 3-4 days sounds about right for that, though.
Edit history:
ozzy88: 2012-01-12 10:38:41 am
Quote from KennyMan666:
I think booking it for a week and then deciding the length of it from the amount of interested runners. 3-4 days sounds about right for that, though.

Yes, we don't know how many will come or how many games that can be done by us yet.

For now a week sounds awesome and we'll see how much time we can squeeze out of us later.

Also the dates (13th to 20th August) seems fine Smiley
Infinite Combo
maybe ask the viewers for bonus stream/ more games to run incase?

well during the marathon that is Smiley
Make it so.
Wont booking it for longer than we might need cost considerably more though? Or would they be willing to change the length of the booking at a shorter notice?
Svart Lyser Tronen
Skövde would work great (living close to Jönköping). I can make runs of Half-Life and Opposing Force. Have to know exact date to be sure tho.
Infinite Combo
so its most votes cast on sweden so far?
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2012-01-12 12:24:05 pm
Precursor
Technically. By which I mean Sweden is the only option to vote for right now.
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
Quote from KennyMan666:

And also the one which seems to be practically booked already!

I am sooo psyched for this. I wish I hadn't broken my right hand so I could be practicing now!
Infinite Combo
Quote from RoboSparkle:
Quote from KennyMan666:

I am sooo psyched for this. I wish I hadn't broken my right hand so I could be practicing now!

broken? D: dude if its heals, like try working the muscles  I suppose Sad

Hope it heals or something >_<
I survived MIKE-Fest 1
Ok I just overflew the like 4 new pages that are here since I get on my plane so I will probably miss something but anyways:

The place seems good and I think frezy is the one how know what he is talking about Sweden is also not far away (especially for Germans)

For the date: NOT DURING OLIMPICS

Scheduled: Why are you working on a scheduled if we have no idea how will come and who can run what . We should make the scheduled after the possible runs and not trying to learn 20 new games because they are good.
That also brings me to a point that is very important for me

Play Quality: Everybody how seen the AGDQ 2012 saw the awesome amount of skill in nearly every run and thats the way to go.
So if someone says he can run 6 game on this level of game play his name is better Uyama or Frezy because otherwise I just don't believe him at all. (Of course you can prov  me wrong by having 6 runs on the site or you stream regularly those runs) also to learn new games I say only one at most per person for a half a year otherwise the quality is just not good.
So because of that if we get like 20-30 people each witch ca. 2 ran's we could doing for like 2 and a half day and thats not bad for a fist marathon if it has the same gaming skill level as AGDQ.

That brings me also to a suggestion: How about we sync up with the Summer games done quick (First 2 days by us than 4 by them or something like that so it would be one big marathon - comments to that suggestion would be good.

btw: one thing : this threat is a complete mess there are tons of unnecessary post and it gets like 40 posts a day so if you don't have anything important to say just don't post (would be good a new post with Frezy first post or so)

sorry if I sound like a complete Jerk but it has to be said
Let the music play!
Basically, we need to be constantly practising the games we want to run.

Guess I'd better get cracking now, got a few ideas, but getting prepared now is the best idea.
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
Quote from IrregularJinny:
Quote from RoboSparkle:
Quote from KennyMan666:

broken? D: dude if its heals, like try working the muscles  I suppose Sad

Hope it heals or something >_<

Should be fine, it's the scaphoid (thumb bone) so can't use any of the fingers either, for typing, games etc. Happily the cast is coming off at the end of the month (did it mid december) so for now I've been playing one-handed games. On the other hand (as it were) I've got pretty good at some of my mega drive and final fantasy collection (if I do say so myself...)