Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213141516 -> <- 1 ... 15, 16 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
http://twitch.tv/Exisidis2
Yeah I always jump off the sandbag for an extra boost of speed. Not sure how much it saves, but helps.

Yeah that vent is annoying sometimes falling and totally blocking my vision lol.

I worked really hard on focusing on the exact moments to skip the cutscene with audio/visual cues.

Thanks, I'm always nervous about that fucking office.

Yeah I actually changed it not too long ago, should have said lol. The quick throw of the bottle to the left is very safe and fast.

The exploders route is another thing I worked on/changed recently. I JUST make it through the last gate closing to the ladder before it shuts me out.

Yeah you can climb them and it gives you a little boost forward and sometimes off of them, making you reach the end faster and allowing you to run to the invisible enemy cutscene sooner, saving time.

I just go for the railing boost after the invisible enemies everytime now. The run earlier on stream today I actually fucked it up massively, this one was nice though.

You have no idea how nervous I was at the sewer/lever part. I thought for sure run would die again and I would get so mad.

Yeah fuck that Joseph fight...

Exactly what I meant with the kick yeah, I can't believe it failed me before. It seems if you kick a bit more left than middle it helps more, but meh.

Also thanks! Like I said on the video, done with this run for now. Might do some strat testing and more glitch hunting, but if I find nothing or don't improve any strategy by much, done with the 41:23. Can't wait to run The Consequence DLC!
YES! FUCKING FINALLY!!!!! ADLFJEOFJAEOFAJEFOAEWJ

HARD WORK PAYS OFF. So I went back to glitch hunting the main game of The Evil Within today after being on the DLC for so long. It also gave me new ideas for the main game to test stuff. Not all things worked with Sebastian however, but..... A NEW SEQUENCE BREAK!! I found a way in chapter 15 to clip past and ENTIRELY skip the main horde fight at the end, as WELL as fucking get there early. The clip was super lucky, and I think with practice can be done in runs. It's a matter of getting past those spikes that lower when the chainsaw guy comes out. You can also get to that fight EARLY now by accessing the left hallway of the Beacon Mental Hospital early. Pushing the cart on the ground near that door, then jump into the plant in the center of the room, then jumping back over to the left ONTO the cart, and then aim walking with the cart moving below you, you move to the door on the left. Then a well timed/angled jump to the window of the door, and you make it through and BAM! It has the scene of the guy in the room banging on the doors and then the horde fight starts. This should easily save like what... 10 minutes or more?

Video coming soon. Smiley Smiley
At a friend's place, will work on uploading the videos when I get back.
Oh man this is going to be good. Can't wait to see that.
April Fools.

Please don't hate me.
That was really well done. I'll let you go this time.
Quote from zero shift:
That was really well done. I'll let you go this time.

*takes a bow*

I honestly had nothing planned, then said fuck it and thought this up lol. It was hard thinking of an area in the game to save time and skip that would be believable.
It was perfect. I was 100% fooled. Just the way you said it, exactly as you usually do when finding something, plus the fact that you said before you would test stuff from the DLC in the main game. The added post about being at a friend's added to the authenticity so perfectly. You're a very sick man lololol
It's funny because I was actually at my friend's place today, and thought: hey, this gives me a perfect excuse for taking time to upload it.

On a serious note though, I went back to running the DLC again for sub 41 minutes. I did a run last night and Joseph went shit again AND to top it all off I died in the graveyard after the bell. It wasn't safe and Leslie wouldn't open the gate, and I still got a 42:19.
I wasn't fooled because I started reading from a bottom this time. I am following this topic all the time but have nothing to post - I couldn't find shit in Assignment. It is well tested or a game is short or I suck. But I found something in the main game - I found a way to get out of bounds by getting out of a bus in a  dynamite guy cutscene area (zombie ambush). Dynamite man is invincible and blind I can say because I met him personally. It is not april fools  joke. Tell me guys is it a fresh discovery or is it known glitch. As I checked it out it is not known. I am gonna upload it soon. Try to guess what happens when bus is leaving the place without you inside.

Assignment WR. Good job Magnum - you are on a good way to be record holder for all games in TEW universe.
Quote from SCOOP:
I wasn't fooled because I started reading from a bottom this time. I am following this topic all the time but have nothing to post - I couldn't find shit in Assignment. It is well tested or a game is short or I suck. But I found something in the main game - I found a way to get out of bounds by getting out of a bus in a  dynamite guy cutscene area (zombie ambush). Dynamite man is invincible and blind I can say because I met him personally. It is not april fools  joke. Tell me guys is it a fresh discovery or is it known glitch. As I checked it out it is not known. I am gonna upload it soon. Try to guess what happens when bus is leaving the place without you inside.

Assignment WR. Good job Magnum - you are on a good way to be record holder for all games in TEW universe.

This sounds incredible, please upload this soon, I must see it haha.
Magnum66! Thank you so much for your video on reliably getting past the light-lady-in-elevator-room section. That stumped me for a bit!
Quote from Vinheimer:
Magnum66! Thank you so much for your video on reliably getting past the light-lady-in-elevator-room section. That stumped me for a bit!

No problem man, glad I could help! The Light Woman can act 1 of 2 ways at the every end that I didn't know at the time, but there is a simple way to deal with that as well. If she goes way she does in my video, do what I do. Sometimes though she'll just go right left, and then behind the other set of machines. If that happens you pretty must just walk a few steps right to the closest machine on the right, wait until she comes around, then hide behind another machine and elevator will come down in about 5 seconds after that.
New out of bounds glitch in Chapter 12 that I mentioned earlier. How it is done is shown in a video but the important thing is when it can be done. After first form of giant spider monster is finished Seb is saying "Go Go Go" and you got like 25 seconds to do that. The time frame to enter steering wheel section of a bus ends when Seb is saying : "Turn there".  If you didn't get higher up when he says that - the glitch potential is gone and you have to restart a chapter. The accuracy of getting this glitch to work is about 20% so it is pretty high.  The cause of this glitch is some strange collision detection in this corner of a bus during the specific moment that I described. If you manage to get higher try to get to a hood (crouching will not help and will immobilize Seb) of a bus to control a situation better and jump down when you want (I failed to do it in a video). If you jump of a bus while it goes you fall to the bottom of a stage (very long fall ) and the game teleports you back to a bus so probably with extreme luck you could fall , teleport and do the rest of a glitch that I showed. Version is from Ps3.
That is incredible SCOOP, I was waiting for weeks with anticipation after you mentioned this haha. So happy to see it now in action. I actually tried that area myself back when I glitch hunted this game. I would get popped all over the place and tried and tried, but got nothing. If only I kept at it, very nicely done. Gonna be fun to mess around with this. Smiley
I am glad you appreciate it Smiley  It took me so long to upload because I have no possibility to record stuff at all.

I think this glitch as funny as it is could be even useful in like Akumu NG segmented run because it gives you safety and no ammo is wasted during an ambush sequence. Is the dynamite guy cutscene triggered by killing some amount of enemies or is it timed?
The dynamite guy comes after everyone is dead. So not timed sadly. If it was though this glitch would be SO safe and waste no time.

Can't wait for The Consequence DLC later tonight! If it takes too long to download when it's released at midnight, then I'll play it tomorrow instead. Going to stream my first playthrough of it and then glitch hunt the fuck out of it! CAN'T WAIT! Smiley Hopefully we can get some skips from this DLC this time. Smiley
I found a new out of bounds glitch in Chapter 12 myself! Not amazing, but pretty cool! Video coming soon. Smiley
Here it is:

We can't get fully out/under the level, but we are outside the boundaries we are allowed to be in, and it's definitely out of bounds. There are some invisible walls I show preventing you from fully falling out of the level. I also show the inside of the bus from the other side. No Joseph or Kidman. Wink hehe, sneaky game.

I tried jumping over and into the boss off of the ledge I climb on from the car, but every angle I ran and got it, there is always an invisible wall stopping you. Climb on the trucks on the right and other cars and I run to the back of the level where you can almost crawl and fall under the level. Cool stuff! I was just messing around and found you could get over the rubble on the right of the bus lol, was so easy. Can't believe I didn't find it before.
So guys, I played and finished The Consequence DLC today, and it was amazing! Totally pleased with it. This will be a total bitch to speedrun lol. I also couldn't resist the urge to glitch hunt the game all the way through and... well.. I found some stuff Wink

Enjoy!

Description: Found by me.

Chairs are pretty boss in this game! I bring a chair from the office to the railing of the room after you turn on the power. Doing so allows you to climb on the chair, over the railing, and out of bounds! Once at the bottom only one wall has collision removed that you can jump through and fall completely under the level! At the bottom corner you can see there is another room loaded outside of the level that we just BARELY can't reach from jumping. If we reach it, it might load a trigger or different part of the game. Who knows. I also had the idea to do this right outside the railing room you have to turn the power on to get through the doors. We could skip going all the way to the generator room and turning on the power to get through the door, if we can just get on a chair on the right of the door, onto THAT railing, and jump around to the other side of the door, skipping the trip to the generator room. Sadly I have tested this though and gotten on the sofa on the right RIGHT in front of the railing, but there is an invisible barrier stopping you. Maybe if we can get JUST a bit higher or use another chair while ON the railing. Who knows.

Just a wacky and funny glitch I found with storing the cover prompt and mashing circle as you go to climb down a ladder. Kidman will climb completely on the other side on air and almost clip fully off of the ladder! Might be useful, but probably useless lol.

Description: Found by me with input from TheThrillness

The death triggers at the edge of the ledges here outside the city are pretty weird and can be taken advantage of to go out of bounds. Below the level is always a death trigger, if you fall and touch it, you instantly die. So I get JUST off the edge and in position in front of the blue box and go and right left, landing on the yellow platform below which is clearly unintended by the game developers. From there you can follow it along and jump out of the level through the wall with no collision. You go completely out of bounds and skip the death trigger! Smiley

This is really cool and can save a few seconds on a speedrun! You can clip RIGHT through the cart and just run past it inside of pressing X and going through the animation of pushing it out of the way! You just get the cover prompt to show up along with the X prompt for the cart. Press X and mash circle immediately after. You should go to push cart but then go into cover instead and be in cover mode diagonally on the wall. This glitches the cart and now when you try to push it, you clip INSIDE of it instead. So using this you run forward into the cart as you tap X, and you run THROUGH it without ever having to use it. Probably saves a few seconds and looks really cool. Smiley

Testing to see if it can be done at the first cart in the DLC as well.

Again, chairs are pretty awesome in this game lol. I bring a chair all the way from the office, down to the generator room. Then after turning on the power I bring the chair into the room to get onto it, then on the railing, and jump off out of bounds! Smiley So far I have gotten out of bounds at 2 different areas int he generator room, but none look useful at the moment. Still really cool! Smiley

and that's all the glitches I have found so far! Going to keep glitch hunting it tomorrow night. Smiley
Awesome finds as usual.

I haven't got anything anywhere near as cool, but I'm uploading something you may find interesting. Back soon.
Edit history:
zero shift: 2015-04-21 10:53:51 pm
Read the description. I'm not totally sure why this happens but it can be replicated. I'd like to know if it works on PS4 too.
Are these enemies easy to run past? If not this glitch will allow you total freedom to run right through here.

Just a small stair rail trick. Nothing useful up there.
Edit history:
Magnum66: 2015-04-21 10:57:17 pm
Magnum66: 2015-04-21 10:56:44 pm
1st video: Wow, if that's replicable and useful on PS4 that is so helpful. Those enemies were a bitch on my playthrough. Although I swear I did cover in that room and it did nothing for me. Sad Hopefully I remember wrong.

2nd video: I actually found that out too on m first playthrough today while glitch hunting, just ask TheThrillness haha. I jumped over and was so excited, and then... invisible wall on the ledge. I also took a running jump off over to the railing and STILL an invisible barrier. Oh well. Funny you found that too. We think alike.
Cool. Hope it helps.

Not sure if the the rules I posted are 100% or not. I know it won't work if you aren't in cover. The first time I did it I just thought I'd try like when we hid behind the door from Light in The Assignment.

Two guys came in and turned to my cover spot so I resigned myself to be hit and killed. But then they just stood there looking and left. Another time one guy stayed behind and just stood there doing nothing.

In this video they didn't even come into the room, they just went inactive outside of the room. It could be that we have to run for cover as soon as we can and wait. This is my guess. It worked like 5 times in a row. Without fail. That's enough to say it's pretty much guaranteed at least for PS3.

The second video. Stair rails are usually one of my first 'go to' places to glitch in action games that don't have jumping, but have some sort of dodge roll or attack that gives height. It's like that in Lollipop Chainsaw, Shadows of the Damned and Killer is Dead.

Did you see the shoes? There has got to be a story behind those? I thought they might belong to Laura because I remember her to have similar looking ones and this DLC has had a few references and even a sighting of her.
Funny you mention that, I actually noticed the shoes and found them hilarious that there is just a pair of shoes sitting there. My reaction is on the stream, I'll highlight it. I had a good laugh, was wondering if there is a story behind them as well.