Edit history:
TheThrillness: 2015-04-22 08:42:00 am
TheThrillness: 2015-04-22 08:36:27 am
TheThrillness: 2015-04-22 08:36:10 am
TheThrillness: 2015-04-22 08:35:58 am
TheThrillness: 2015-04-22 08:34:43 am
TheThrillness: 2015-04-22 08:34:05 am
thethrillness.blogspot.com
So it's that time again where I stick on walk through walls for a new DLC and see what is possible. I feel optimistic for this DLC. I'll need to do this a few times as I forget most of it when watching Magnum's stream.

So about 1:30 later I can say.... my optimism was wrong. I've tested pretty much all of Chapter 3 and I can say that it's really bad.

The opening area in the save room is close but nope. You can go into the "TV" room, get cutscene but the resulting door just puts you into a void. I was however able to work out the fastest speedrun route.

1. Head out and turn left to nurse. The door opening is actually the trigger to load everything outside.
2. Go to light woman with save cat and skip dialog.
3. Go to the left door with red circle and get that dialog then exit via the iron bar door.
4. Do all 3 doors on the other side in order top left, top right, then bottom left (bottom left being Ruvik talking to Seb incase you are confused).

The generator room skip that Derrick nearly got doesn't work because the door leading into the Ruvik and Jimenez scene is a void (the second hand print door). The trigger for this part loading is unfortunately hitting the lever to restore power. I even tried reloading with save cat and it doesn't do anything.

Not much more stands out at me. I can say that the part with the big lock and dual combinations on the wall is RNG. Not sure how many combinations there will be but that will suck for running.

The action scene in Chapter 11 (referring to main game area) has a "skip" but you couldn't do it normally. You just get the gun and then no clip into the long corridor. It doesn't check for anything else. However, you must get the checkpoint after seeing Sebastian or you will load into a void. I can also confirm that Sebastian just stands in that building when not in sight.

The light woman fight is gonna end so many runs, BabyRage etc. It's stupidly difficult. The best part though? You no clip past the barrier stopping you and even that doesn't work. You get put into an invisible cube shape with Sebastian when you open the door.

The only "skip" I found to be even close to feasible/legitimate is that star sculpture room. You can just noclip past the door into the elevator and the game progresses as normal.

Hopefully Chapter 4 is more forgiving.

So Chapter 4...

Two skips:

1. The first "controlling Leslie" fight can be skipped by noclip past the door.
2. The second fight can technically be skipped. You need to light one of the paintings which activates the other painting behind the door.

The keycard cannot be skipped as it allows the second fight to function normally.
Does Light actually take damage from body shots or do you have to hit the spotlight only?
Body shots work but the spotlight inflicts more damage I think.
Hmm. You can get quite a few shots off when she isn't looking. I'm wondering if it would be better to just blast as much as possible rather than waiting for the spotlight shot.
Edit history:
Magnum66: 2015-05-02 10:53:52 am
http://twitch.tv/Exisidis2
I think light shots on the face are better, but that's a good idea Zero.
Since not much is going on in this thread lately I'm gonna post runs of Korean player k-hunk. Assignment and Consequence played on Kurayami.

Very nice stuff Scoop, thanks for posting! I've seen Kurayami stuff on Assignment, but not Consequence yet. I want to get back to glitch hunting Consequence soon and maybe route it and give it a run or 2. Not quite sure. Been busy with other stuff.
I really hope this thread isn't dead, I'm just starting to speed run this game, the base game, not the DLC. First, any tips? I've watched all of Magnum's videos and read this entire forum, but anything else? Second, does anyone know if the Chapter 11 sequence break (the wall climbing one) was patched out for consoles? I've been trying to get it to work for awhile now, but when it comes to swimming outside of the walls, the area I need to go doesn't seem to be there. Does anyone know if it was patched out? Please and thank you!
Well guys, I'm back! And I got some new stuff for you! Smiley

(Saves 5-6 seconds on a speedrun)

Also TheFox7771 to answer your question, I really don't know. I took the longest break from this game and am done speedrunning it, just glitch hunting it for fun now. Recently today though I did try the Chapter 11 sequence break again for old time's sake. I forgot where to swim though and couldn't find where to go and got lost. So either I went the wrong way, or they really did patch it out. I can't answer you to be honest. Nothing else is patched out though, so I imagine they didn't. Maybe rewatch my video and play close attention to where you swim?
Glitch advocate
Hey, found something potentially interesting in this game:

Basically, it's a new method of doing the "rocket launcher storage" glitch that Magnum66 found in the past. The new method lets you do it practically wherever on NG+ since all you need for it is rocket launcher and the lantern. (And another weapon. And it seems any enemies can't be nearby either. But other than that...)

So what's the use of the glitch? Well, it allows you to move at aiming speed AND shoot while crouched, which is an unique state. One possibility I had in mind is that if there was a long vent, you might get through it faster by using this glitch and aim-sliding through it rather than just crouchwalking normally.
Hi all. Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but I only just discovered this game. I got up to chapter 6 but after learning that it was possible to kill Laura earlier I've gone back to see if I can pull it off.  I've sort of become obsessed with being able to collect these extra 16,000 gel early on in the game. I was able to bag her on the first fight by lining up a row of explosive bolts in-between where she spawns, and that door that the undead comes out of that she stops to eat. I believe it took 8 of them, because she moves fast they all sort of went off like a string of firecrackers.

So I'm trying to do something similar with the first time you run into her on Chapter 5, and due to the spacing being very tight it's not quite working the way I want (I end up blowing myself up). I don't have the fighting chance DLC so I don't have anything flammable to hit her with otherwise. Anyone have a strategy to cap her here?