Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213141516 -> <- 1 .. 12 .. 16 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
How about the part where you're stuck and have to shoot the oncoming enemies while the spotlight critter watches from the walkway above.

When I had a chance I fire some shots at its light and it reacts by flailing around. Is there anything to this? The first time I fought it I shot the light once, then killed enemies until it came down itself. On another attempt I got it twice, but I wasn't paying attention to things like how many enemies appeared. I'm wondering if you shoot its light enough it will come down sooner? We see it has the ability to bring corpses to life so maybe when it starts shining from the walkway it's creating more enemies and you can cancel that with a good shot?
http://twitch.tv/Exisidis2
I was wondering that recently myself. Last few attempts I have been shooting its light. It might definitely have an effect or shorten the fight somehow. Also found a new glitch, and of course it's useless.. Sad

Invisible barrier reaches up so fucking high above the level. If not for that we could just jump over and skip Leslie trigger and run right past him into the wall and skip getting the spotlight and turning them all to face the statue and then lighting it yourself. Or maybe could even skip further past the level to a checkpoint out of bounds. I tried to run everywhere and crouch and get as high as I can for over half an hour straight and nothing. Oh well Sad I also almost got another OoB in this area on the house you first come out of. Wrapping the side of the house while aiming, you can get on the sign and almost on the roof of the hut next to the house. If you can get on that roof, you could just almost walk out of bounds. But of course... invisible wall between sign you stand on/roof. Siiiigh.
I didn't really pay attention, but going by the cut-scene where it brings a corpse to life, it's probably bringing in more once you clear the screen but it tends to start looking when there's one or two enemies still onscreen from what I noticed, most likely to put you off attempting to stop it. If this is all correct we could cancel the light and enemies, and maybe it will jump down earlier. Two shots didn't do it, so lets see if three will. It's really risky though.

Wow, why did she go up? It looks like just corner. Could you jump from the invisible wall back towards area and maybe land on something? Looks like you've got enough height to go flying if you did a running jump.

I also found my way onto that part and encountered the invisible wall. Kind of strange that they'd put one there. So disappointing. Also, as you come down the stairs, tp the left you'll see a partly wooden fence attached to the stone wall. With the right positioning you can jump from the stairs and land on the wooden part. I got on it but one movement and I fell. The stone wall is higher than the would but considering I just watched you walk into the sky, there could be something possible here. Give that a look if you're there. I'll check a bit later.

Quote from zero shift:
I didn't really pay attention, but going by the cut-scene where it brings a corpse to life, it's probably bringing in more once you clear the screen but it tends to start looking when there's one or two enemies still onscreen from what I noticed, most likely to put you off attempting to stop it. If this is all correct we could cancel the light and enemies, and maybe it will jump down earlier. Two shots didn't do it, so lets see if three will. It's really risky though.

Wow, why did she go up? It looks like just corner. Could you jump from the invisible wall back towards area and maybe land on something? Looks like you've got enough height to go flying if you did a running jump.

I also found my way onto that part and encountered the invisible wall. Kind of strange that they'd put one there. So disappointing. Also, as you come down the stairs, tp the left you'll see a partly wooden fence attached to the stone wall. With the right positioning you can jump from the stairs and land on the wooden part. I got on it but one movement and I fell. The stone wall is higher than the would but considering I just watched you walk into the sky, there could be something possible here. Give that a look if you're there. I'll check a bit later.

Yeah that sounds risky, but maybe with practice it will be a lot easier and faster. Hopefully anyways. Basically any area where there is a slight slant or obstruction you can sometimes climb up while aiming or running. I usually try everywhere just in case. If you go up in just the corner it won't work. I had to play around with it for a bit to find out you have to go up a few feet in the corner, then move back closer towards the tent area to go up a few more feet, then inch back to the corner to go up the rest of the way. Also yeah I tried jumping anywhere and everywhere. Totally useless sadly and nowhere/nothing you can go or do. So stupid. Also yeah I go on that fence with the stone wall too. I was trying it for about 15 minutes or so. I also brought out the chair from the house you start in to see if I can push it up to something and climb on it to get in air or onto objects I shouldn't. Sadly it seemed useless as well. After awhile of jumping off those stairs earlier I got on the fence like you did yeah and sometimes closer to going up to the stone wall, but never enough. Oh well.
Edit history:
TheThrillness: 2015-03-12 10:51:54 am
thethrillness.blogspot.com
Some observations from watching Magnum play this.

1. He never mentioned this but he got a weird glitch with one of the save sofas. You can see the prompt from areas you shouldn't (while being on stairs etc) and Kidman will transport to the sofa. This is only possible based on your camera angle which makes me think that if you know a switch/crank is on another side of a wall, you should try and manipulate the camera as much as possible and maybe you'll be able to hit switches on the opposite side of walls.

2. The start of Chapter 1 shows an area you reach pretty much at the end of Chapter 1 before you go up the escalator. Obviously you have very little glitch potential here but it does interest me if walk through walls (noclip) will work with the DLC so I can test big breaks. I'll be able to know in a few hours and I'll test it with Magnum and discuss ideas. Obviously stuff like that 3 fuse box door would be big.
Yeah I mentioned the save sofa thing to Zero Shift in a PM. Nothing too big happened from it YET, but if it does I will definitely post more about it here.
Found a bunch of new stuff today in chapter 1 of the DLC. All useless though. 3 however could be useful somewhere and are very interesting. I'll upload them later tonight. One is a glitch with the cover system, another is a glitch with a vent, and another is standing up and almost getting out of bounds inside vents.
So did about 6 hours of glitch hunting today on The Assignment DLC on chapter 1. Here is what I all found:

Lining yourself up on this left wall and facing the perfect angle and going into cover causes this glitch. It's super specific and took me many many tries to recreate it. After some practice it's easier though. If this is doable at other walls it could maybe lead to an out of bounds glitch. The way this glitch works is because you are behind the original wall and it is in the way when you are trying to go into cover at the back wall. With the perfect stance/angle Juli will do weird stuff like this. I've also had it where she held against in cover mode on the air next the wall like it was the wall. Definitely something interesting to try on other walls/areas you can cover and hide against in the game.

Just another example of the glitch. I've also gotten Kidman to just press up against the air next to the wall, acting like it was the wall.

This glitch occurs being on a high object that puts you standing above the vent. The prompt for the vent just shows up if you stand where I do on the object next to the office desk. You can climb onto it if you hold X and stand next to desk, facing far right of the object on the ground. You can also run up onto it, but it takes a very precise angle. You enter the vent much higher than normal and crawl above it and stand up out of bounds. Sadly after a few seconds you just get inserted back down into the vent though. Maybe with something else added you can stay out of bounds. Or we can find another object you can stand on high above a vent where it will put us inside above it and keep us out of bounds.

So I found out that upon entering a vent with your flashlight out, you have a few frames to mash triangle and get a melee attack out. It feels like 2-3 frames. Doing so makes you stand up and kick inside the vent. After this you will be permanently standing up inside the vent and the camera and Juli Kidman will vibrate all over the place. You are stuck in place almost and can only move around in a very limited fashion. I have tried recrouching, but it only resets your position in the vent and undoes the glitch. I also tried doing more melee attacks and covering in the vent and running and aiming, but sadly nothing works. You can see out of bounds but are pretty much stuck. Maybe a certain vent in the game will be useful to skip an area or get of bounds. Also with this glitch activate, when you exit the vent you will be much lower than normal and Kidman will be crouching inside/under the ground. The game pushes you back up though into the level sadly. Could definitely be useful somewhere else though or in The Evil Within main game.

The main important stuff I've found so far. There is still some small/weird stuff here and there, but nothing else that big with potential. I'm going to glitch hunter chapter 2 tomorrow or this weekend. Will update soon if I find anything.
Super cool finds Magnum.

That cover glitch looks kind of similar to the one in Batman Arkham games. I wonder what would happen if you were near a ledge or railing somewhere? Airwalk maybe? Could possibly let you move in cover while in the air or maybe just as a method of getting over barriers in places where we need to drop down?

Have you tried the vent in places similar like that sewer pipe where the spotlight creature looks in at you then runs off? Kind of looks like the regular vents are made with segments causing you to get stuck but the pipes should be just one segment. Just a guess.

Quote from zero shift:
Super cool finds Magnum.

That cover glitch looks kind of similar to the one in Batman Arkham games. I wonder what would happen if you were near a ledge or railing somewhere? Airwalk maybe? Could possibly let you move in cover while in the air or maybe just as a method of getting over barriers in places where we need to drop down?

Have you tried the vent in places similar like that sewer pipe where the spotlight creature looks in at you then runs off? Kind of looks like the regular vents are made with segments causing you to get stuck but the pipes should be just one segment. Just a guess.

I've tried it at many crawlspaces and pipes and ducts yeah. Although if you don't enter with an X prompt, then you can't just mash triangle for melee. So what you have to do at normal crawlspaces that you just crouch and walk under is this. You get as close to the crawlspace as you can, crouch, and RIGHT as you press forward to enter it, you press triangle to melee. If timed right you will kick INTO the crawlspace. So far from all of the crawlspaces I have tried though, Kidman just stands up in the duct/vent and kicks, then immediately just crouches back down sadly. Maybe if we keep meleeing? Hard to say.

Also forgot to say, TheThrillness tested on PC version with infinite health and shot the Light Woman character multiple times during the part where you are trapped under the rubble. All the enemies come out and you have to shoot them. Sadly it doesn't have any effect or make the fight any faster, and he shot the thing right in the light on it's face multiple times and it didn't make it any faster/easier. The same amount of enemies spawned.
That's bizarre. Why does she react like that if it has no effect? To fool us into targeting her?
Does it delay the enemies at all, like a mechanic to let you catch a break? She uses the light to summon them so maybe it's just to limit how many she can throw at you at once? In that case it would be slower to shoot her if the same amount of enemies must be killed anyway.

I never tried as I barely used melee in this or the main game but does Kidman have the stomp too? Could try that in the crawlspaces.

How about with the ones that don't require a prompt, try to enter them on an angle as if you were trying to stand up in the entrance frame so you'd be more in the wall than the vent. Kind of like your MGS vent glitches.
Edit history:
TheThrillness: 2015-03-13 10:24:06 am
thethrillness.blogspot.com
Yeah it's probably slower to shoot her.

Also I did walk through walls testing for pretty much the whole DLC last night. Overall it's made pretty well. Some notes:

1. That big skip I talked about earlier infact is the same area but ofcourse it relies on you being able to hit previous checkpoints to load the necessary areas. One thing that is really weird is if you noclip past the escalator part and head up to the room, in a little platform area on the right is the guy, assistant and light woman. The light woman is active and can kill you!

2. You can skip the first light woman area as long as you hit the checkpoint behind the door and then go and get the keycard. You need to do this because the next area fully loading with the computer is dependent on hitting the checkpoint after you crawl out of the vent and the locker falls behind you.

3. The stuff with the projector and flashing your lights can't be skipped. The door to the left of where Laura appears opens into an unloaded area.

4. The power panels can be skipped! (aka you don't need to do the lower part with the monsters crawling around).

5. The power recharging area with light woman waits till it's fully recharged before allowing the cutscene to play (which is halfway into the door). What I didn't realize though is that there is a checkpoint once you ride the elevator up, so next time I'll go upstairs either before, then while the fight happens and see if the checkpoint is active. Almost like impossible to reach there with normal oob so I doubt it's even worth trying.

6. The 3 fuse box room looked really promising for a skip but unfortunately the area passed the next door does not load. You must get 3 of the fuseboxes and put them in.

7. The starting Leslie area. You can just noclip after the "church bell" cutscene and go straight to Leslie and it works no problem. I never tried just continuing on though.

8. Joseph fight. You can actually noclip out and reach Kidman's house in the distance and all the dialogue is there but the outside area isn't loaded and the door is locked. It checks that you beat Joseph... even though it's virtually impossible to ever reach there normally.

9. You can skip the search light part and go straight into the puzzle door and it works.

10. At the main game "Chapter 6" area with the new puzzle, you can actually just noclip past everything and reach the cutscene where one of the giants gets blocked outside the door. I never tried avoiding it and trying the door though but getting this cutscene worked fine for progression as the door worked and I finished the game.
Quote from zero shift:
That's bizarre. Why does she react like that if it has no effect? To fool us into targeting her?
Does it delay the enemies at all, like a mechanic to let you catch a break? She uses the light to summon them so maybe it's just to limit how many she can throw at you at once? In that case it would be slower to shoot her if the same amount of enemies must be killed anyway.

I never tried as I barely used melee in this or the main game but does Kidman have the stomp too? Could try that in the crawlspaces.

How about with the ones that don't require a prompt, try to enter them on an angle as if you were trying to stand up in the entrance frame so you'd be more in the wall than the vent. Kind of like your MGS vent glitches.

No Kidman doesn't have the stomp and can't do any kind of melee in a crawlspace unless it's the glitch I showed where you have a few frames to do it. Also yeah I've tried countless things with vents and crawlspaces like what you mentioned. Nothing ever worked sadly. Will glitch hunt chapter 2 today and stream it in a few minutes.
Okay so I glitch hunted chapter 2 of The Assignment all day today. Sadly I found nothing major. Doesn't look like they'll be any out of bounds glitches or skips in this, oh well. Sad I tried fucking hard to, glitch hunted chapter 1 all day yesterday and chapter 2 all day today. Like 6-7 hours each. I did find some more cover glitches and crazy shit with it, but nothing major. I'll upload it later tonight.
Edit history:
Magnum66: 2015-03-13 05:10:00 pm
Okay so I glitch hunted chapter 2 of The Assignment all day today. Sadly I found nothing major. Doesn't look like there will be any out of bounds glitches or skips in this, oh well. Sad I tried fucking hard to, glitch hunted chapter 1 all day yesterday and chapter 2 all day today. Like 6-7 hours each. I did find some more cover glitches and crazy shit with it, but nothing major. I'll upload it later tonight.
Aside from glitching, I've been researching which encounters can be skipped, by that I mean what can we just run by without messing around with stealth and luring. Guess we should focus on quick encounters now?

You can easily run buy the enemy where the you can use the phone to distract it and go straight for the vent.

For the first encounter with Light you don't need to use the locker, you can crouch to the right of the door as the enemy is smashing it and you'll be hidden when he runs in. He runs in and doesn't turn around, then Light comes in and you can run out and straight to the keycard door.

I think you can actually avoid the guy buy running past him when he bursts in but you can get stuck. Light appears somewhere down the hallway so you should have a little time to get to the card door before she catches you. I didn't try that because accidently ran down the long hallway and Light just materialized in front of me. This is the hallways that leads away from the card door.

So it may be possible to get past the guy when he breaks in, then run to the card door. But if that ends up not being viable, hiding behind the door works fine.

Forgot the other encounters. In the office where you have two enemies, one to the left and the other pacing back and forth guarding the door ahead, and the card key is on the desk. A quick bottle throw to the left of the room easily allowed me to grab the key and open the door.

There's those encounters with those spike traps which I've forgotten. That one where you have two enemies, a spike trap in the floor and the door which requires you to pull the level. I'm pretty sure I just ran for the lever and got in safely.
I actually do something different Zero. I lure her in with the phone quickly, then in the keycard room I don't hide in the locker. I just do what you pretty much mentioned after:

Only problem is the other bitch gets in the way if you do this first try and not on a checkpoint restart. Why I lure her in the room with the phone quickly.

Also yeah I use the same strat for the office with 2 haunted and keycard. I throw bottle to the left of room, get card and then leave.

I also run for the lever as well in the room with the spike traps. I'm going to do a mock run tonight I think and start streaming speedruns Sunday or something.
Would it be faster to hide behind the door until Light comes in then? In that case you won't need to use the phone and it should be ok to avoid just one enemy in the hallway while the the other and Light are hanging around that locker.

Looks like a very straightforward game to speedrun. I don't see any run killing stuff here aside from Joseph being random and even that's not THAT bad.

Have you looked into speeding up the forced slow walking segments? At one point I was able to hold up the torch to move a little faster, like aiming in the main game. Some segments don't even allow that though. Doesn't seem like anything is possible here as you have no weapon so can't activate that quick fire mode.
Edit history:
Magnum66: 2015-03-14 11:34:38 pm
Yeah I'll try waiting for Light Woman to grab the haunted. I'm probably going to try some practice runs today and see what happens. I'll have to wing some stuff. Yeah I've came up with stuff for some of the forced walking parts, but not all. Melee would be faster if the stupid delay time after you finish the melee animation wasn't so fucking slow.

Edit: I tried your strat today in a run Zero and it worked perfectly. Don't have to lure the woman in the room with the phone. I just wait behind the door, and as soon as haunted runs past me, I run out. Thanks a ton.

On that note I also finished my first speedrun of the DLC today on stream. My final time was 49:24 in game time and a 51:50 rta. I think sub 40 is JUST possible, but will be tough. My goal now is just sub 46.
So I've been doing some more glitch hunting escapades on The Assignment DLC and found a bunch more cool/crazy stuff. Enjoy the madness!

Pushing a box against a wall and getting the right angle you can go into cover mode against the box or slanted on a wall and walk around against air in cover mode. Doing this you can reach other walls, sidle up objects, and push stuff around. So far useless though.

Just another example of the Cover Mode glitch, crawling around against air and crawling over to the ladder in the level. I got an angle with this glitch where I moved in cover mode perfectly to the ladder, but sadly there is no X prompt. Sad

Using the cover mode glitch on an elevated object while running I get shot up in the air and across the room. Crazy stuff. I've actually gotten shot up higher before too. At the right spot it might put us OoB.

The new main glitch I found today! This glitch is very interesting. After you press X to open a door you have a few frames after to press circle button and still go into cover mode if there is an air with cover near a door or close by. Doing this you will go to open the door at the wall you went to cover at. Kidman will be shifted over and try to open the wall with the door animation and lead halfway inside the wall. You can also control the angle of this and how much you face the wall and away from the door. It will store the cover mode until you are done the door animation and immediately go into cover. There is tons of crazy stuff you can go with this glitch which I am uploading along with this video. You can also mash away from the door with left analog stick and mash circle button and shoulder buttons and the door will act really glitchy. You can get the door to swing off of its hinges and fly around and glitch inside of the wall and get bent on the wall. Crazy stuff. This cover storage also works with some other X prompts.

Using the cover storage glitch with a door, you can mash circle and shoulder buttons and hold away from the door while you are in the animation. This will cause doors to do crazy shit and fly all over the place and push you around the room and glitch inside walls.

Another example of glitching a door with the cover mode storage glitch.

Using the cover storage glitch at this door, you can also store a locker prompt at the same time. So you go for the cover storage at the door by pressing X and Circle button immediately after. Also at same time as you are running at door to do this, you turn to the left and manipulate your position of the glitch so you'll be facing the far left wall in the door opening animation while storing cover mode. In a brief second while doing this you can see the R1 prompt for the locker on the left. So you if do this and time it right and mash R1,k you can go to enter the locker as well while you are in the opening door animation. So you turn to the wall and then glitch inside the locker and open it up while in cover mode which causes Kidman to enter the lock very strangely. Super weird and cool.

Having 3 prompts on the screen at one, 1 for cover mode on the wall with circle button. 1 for the locker with R1, and 1 prompt for the button on the wall with X. I press all 3 at the same time, and with the right timing, the game treats the locker prompt as the button. Kidman goes to hide inside the locker but then press the button and you can mess up the locker completely. R1 will not reappear and you cannot enter the locker. You can now get closer than usual and run halfway inside of the locker and crouch inside of it. As far as I know there is no way to get the R1 prompt to show back up. I've tried every button and even getting inside of the other locker beside it to try and reset it, but nothing. lol.

Like the door cover storage glitch, you can momentarily control where you can move/position yourself in front of the wall you do the glitch or go into door animation. So as I do the cover storage glitch and face the wall to mash R1 and also store entering the locker, I mash circle/shoulder buttons and away from the locker. Doing this causes me to also move around just before I enter the locker and Kidman goes all over the place and ends up OUTSIDE of the locker that game enters me inside. So the camera goes inside the locker but I was outside of it. Sadly in a locker you can only control the camera ACTING as you, so you can move around outside the locker. I guess if you could do this and get an enemy haunted to hit you outside of the locker, it could mess up the game big time. Although pulling off this glitch with any enemy nearby and getting it to hit you would be insanely crazy to pull off. Also when I leave the locker you can see Kidman acting as if she were inside of it and moving forward and she almost walks inside of the locker as it closes haha.

I actually still don't know myself how I activated this one lol. I enter the locker with the cover storage glitch at door and storing the locker immediately after like in the previous videos. I was mashing stuff and trying different things, and this happened. All other times with this glitch, you enter the locker after and cover mode goes away until after the locker or completely. This time though the button prompts for "lure enemy" and "leave corner" came up and stayed up and I entered the locker in cover mode. When inside the locker I was moving up and down more than usual, and the button prompts inside the locker to zoom in and move around and exit were now completely gone. I couldn't do anything more with this, but if I figure out what causes this, it could lead to something cool. As soon as you leave the locker you go directly into cover mode up against the wall too.

I was messing around more with the cover storage glitch at doors, and storing the locker prompt and glitching inside as well and somehow got myself to completely disable the flashlight. I couldn't equip it, turn it on or off, use it or ANYTHING. After a few more tries I figured out what caused it. You have to do the cover storage glitch at the door and move away with analog stick to the left JUST as you activate it, and mash R1 to glitch and store the locker as well like the other video. As you enter though, hold the flashlight button (L2 on PS4) and keep holding until you are inside the locker. Once inside keep holding and press the button to leave the locker. Now you can let go and when you exit the locker, your flashlight will be completely disabled. Mashing the flashlight button or inventory will not equip it at all. If you keep mashing the button for it too you will notice Kidman repeatedly flinching like she is trying to take it out and equip it, but she can't If you go into crouching mode and do this, she will repeatedly go up and down. Also melee is almost fully disabled too. You cannot kick at all unless you run around mashing, and even then it barely works. Only thing that resets the flashlight after this is some X prompts I've noticed. The vent and pressing the button on the wall.

There we are! All the stuff I found so far. The cover storage glitch with doors looks really interesting so far. Going through the game looking for other areas/doors/X prompts that can activate the glitch and see what we can get!
Would any of these work in the main game? Could be some difference in results. Very nice finds as usual.

I've been running chapter 1 today. Here's a few small things.

With the first enemy, you can almost just run right for the door. What I did was approach standing and as soon as I saw the yellow alert, I crouched and waited a second to see which way it would come, then go the opposite way running and was able to easily reach the door. Would probably be just as good to run and get seen full and run the opposite way of the enemy.

For the first encounter with Light that we were talking about earlier, yes that haunted gets in the way but for me two things happened. First time she left the room and I was able to escape while Light was eating the other, and just dodged her in the hallway. On a second attempt, she saw me behind the door somehow but even then I was able to get by her. Light seems stuck dealing with that haunted so no worry there.

In the second Light encounter I found a cool trick. It seems as long her light is off, she's totally blind. In the room where she breaks through the ceiling, you don't have to hide behind the counter. Before she drops, get to the door you came in. Stand on left of the entrance. You don't want to be near the right near the counters because her light can sometimes catch you.

When she's done searching she'll turn with her light off and move to the wall, light it up and enter the hidden door. You can move right beside her as she's walking to the wall, just don't be in front because her light will catch you. I made the mistake of thinking that maybe in that little cut-scene I couldn't be killed, and was hoping she'd push me through the door when she entered, but she just killed me.

So what you want to do is wait close to the hidden door and just outside of her light range. After she enters, you can immediately use the torch on the wall. It's a small time saver but it's something I guess. You're saving coming out of cover and running up to the wall. This way allows you to be right there and already holding R1 so you start shining as soon as you're free to move.

In the office with the two enemies, you can get there before they enter the office. I threw a bottle near that vending machine and they went for it but saw me as I ran into the office. I was still able to get the key card and escape though. On a second attempt one of them caught up to me when I used the card. Seems this could be a better setup then dealing with them in the office, but I'm not entirely sure.

The only other thing was in the room where you need to shine the torch on those boards to reveal the designs, you can actually get this from further away than I thought. For one of them, when you enter you can shine from it's side and still get it. 

My horrible run with 2 deaths was around 27 minutes for chapter 1. No doubt that can be lowered much more with perfect execution.
Cool reading your experiences as well. I noticed the same thing with the light woman as well. As soon as she is dropping down into the room I just wait at the left of room right beside the area where you have to light the doors and it never sees you. Then as soon as cutscene is over I just hold the flashlight and immediately light the doors. I actually tried what you did for a glitch a few days ago lol. I wanted to see if you could get in front of it and have it push you through the doors like you said, but obviously doesn't work and you get spotted and killed in the cutscene.

I've also been having trouble with the haunted outside the office. I usually sneak up and wait until at least one is out of the way and there is a clear path, then I'll run inside to the keycard and door and pray to god they don't catch up. So far it's worked good, but died once in a run today there.

Speaking of lighting objects from far away, the projector you have to light up on the stand, I figured out you can shine the flashlight through the stands that are in the way, in between 2 of them and get the projector and saves you 2 seconds of running or so. It's so finicky of a spot to aim though it's almost not even worth it.

Also I forgot to mention one of my cool strats I came up with near the end of the run, just to see if you do the same or something else. I have a bottle with me the majority of the end of the run. The part where you have to ring the bell to get the haunted attention. What I do is just run left near the building with the bell, but I don't go up. Instead I just stand below it, throw the bottle up and hit the bell with the bottle. It saves going all the way up there, and going through the animation of ringing it, then back down. Just throw the bottle and hit the bell and run to the gate. Really nice strat.

I just checked my splits from my runs today and my 49:24 1st run had a 29 minute Chapter 1, but my best so far was 25 minutes. So we're pretty close together. I'm going to try more runs tomorrow with all new strats I came up with, hopefully should get a sub 45 time at least.
Quote:
Speaking of lighting objects from far away, the projector you have to light up on the stand, I figured out you can shine the flashlight through the stands that are in the way, in between 2 of them and get the projector and saves you 2 seconds of running or so. It's so finicky of a spot to aim though it's almost not even worth it.

I did try that but I couldn't get it to work though I didn't spend much time trying.

Quote:
Also I forgot to mention one of my cool strats I came up with near the end of the run, just to see if you do the same or something else. I have a bottle with me the majority of the end of the run. The part where you have to ring the bell to get the haunted attention. What I do is just run left near the building with the bell, but I don't go up. Instead I just stand below it, throw the bottle up and hit the bell with the bottle. It saves going all the way up there, and going through the animation of ringing it, then back down. Just throw the bottle and hit the bell and run to the gate. Really nice strat.

That's awesome. Strange that something like that actually works, like the programming allowing for a bottle to do that. Weird. Looking forward to trying that. I didn't think of this but I did consider using a bottle, only I didn't have one at the time. I guess they would only go and quickly investigate the sound of a bottle and be back before Leslie opens the gate. How far can the bottle be thrown anyway? Any chance of throwing it from the entrance?
I never actually tried just a bottle itself, I wonder if that would work. As for hitting the bell with the bottle, you do have to get a bit close and can't do it from entrance sadly. I tried a lot and even if you JUST could, it would be super risky. What I do is go to the little crawlspace on the left when entering the area. I run past the coffin things and then you can get a clean shot at the bell, near the building you climb to go and ring it. Then I run back under crawlspace and to the gate to Leslie.
Just got 24:37 on chapter 1. Not sure if it includes the time it tskes to save. I'm not using any kind of timer, just whatever it says on my save file.

Everything went really well. I got to the office and one of the guys was still outside. Didnt attempt the bottle out here because im not even sure if it's better.  Problem was i had to sliwly follow the guy into the office then threw to the left. One of them saw me but I was still able to get through smoothly.