Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213141516 -> <- 1 .. 6 .. 16 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Ok, it's clear now that once infinite sprint activates that once you stop using stamina, the bar resets so it will consume stamina on your next run.
I'm also thinking of doing another run.  NG+ Casual as usual.But this time it will be recorded :D. Also nice finds magnum66
http://twitch.tv/Exisidis2
Quote from SpeedRunningTEW:
Ok, it's clear now that once infinite sprint activates that once you stop using stamina, the bar resets so it will consume stamina on your next run.
I'm also thinking of doing another run.  NG+ Casual as usual.But this time it will be recorded :D. Also nice finds magnum66

Actually no SpeedrunningTEW that's not the case. You can stop running completely, and just stop or walk or aim and when you run again you will still have infinite sprint activated. I tested it.
Video of the new running liquid trick:

Description: This trick can be used to run while surrounded by liquid such as rooms filled with water or blood. Normally Sebastian moves very slow and sluggishly, but by tapping the quickshot/alternate melee button (R2 on PS4 and R1 on PS3) you can take out the gun and run around MUCH faster! If you just tap it you will not waste any ammo either. After a few seconds he'll put the gun back down though, so if you're still in water or blood just retap the button. This is WAY faster than the old method of just normally aiming through. Will save some good time added up. Enjoy! Smiley

So yes, if you just tap the button now you can do this trick without wasting ammo! Smiley
I am watching your progress of breaking this game from the begginning of this topic and I have to say that you guys are amazing ! I completed the game once for now and started ng+  and discovered some stuff (ps3)  .

Here is what I found just today :

- Ch 2 -  shoot  an explosive or shock bolts on Connelly before a cutscene begins. It changes the cutscene:). Try both versions. Checkpoint is close.
- Ch 2  -  shoot some explosive and shock bolts on Leslie (face preferably:) ) before cutscene begins (he warns  you about trap) , after cutscene ends avoid a trap and run after him . Run ability should probably be at max. Leslie is gonna kill 3 birds on his way while running.
- Ch 4 -  There is a shutter while escaping from Laura which closes and you are in a room that has a long ladder leading down.  There is also  white object on wheels (I don't know how it is called). The thing is to make this object fall down the ladder hole. It should stuck in the hole which is a little tighter down there. This causes that you can't progress further even though you can strangely leave a ladder earlier and stand on the object. Even rocket launcher couldn't help. Checkpoint is close so this should be done easily.
- CH 4 - There is Ruvik chasing you up the stairs. Just before the cutscene of Seb falling down begins enter the inventory and wait for the cutscene. Now you can watch Seb falling down in slow motion but the funny thing is his voice is not slowed down.
Quote:
Switching weapons, melee, inventory, or sliding cancels the glitch. If opening doors also cancels it, sad to say but this glitch might turn out fucking useless. Especially being THIS hard to get on a consistent basis. Who knows though.

Fantastic work on this glitch. Even if opening doors cancels it there's more than enough areas where you don't use any doors. I don't think it'll ever be totally useless.

Quote:
This trick can be used to run while surrounded by liquid such as rooms filled with water or blood. Normally Sebastian moves very slow and sluggishly, but by tapping the quickshot/alternate melee button (R2 on PS4 and R1 on PS3) you can take out the gun and run around MUCH faster! If you just tap it you will not waste any ammo either. After a few seconds he'll put the gun back down though, so if you're still in water or blood just retap the button. This is WAY faster than the old method of just normally aiming through. Will save some good time added up. Enjoy! Smiley

I NEVER used quickshot. I could never find any reason too. This is one of the best finds yet.

Welcome SCOOP. Good to see another player here.
Edit history:
SCOOP: 2014-11-05 08:18:01 pm
I just tried to transport an explosive  bolt  sticked on Joseph's's face to the other side of the bridge on CH6 and as I predicted after cutscene is an instant checkpoint. You can shot him while on an elevator to save time. Speedrun tactic ?

Edit: not Jeff's but Joseph's
Good idea Scoop! I'll have to try that out.

Also got this:

Just lol
What happened? Why?
Quote from zero shift:
What happened? Why?

It happens if you get there too fast.
Yay, beat the game with 2:52:31 Cheesy
Hey magnum66, when are you going to stream on twitch? I want to see some runs
Was trying to get the Laura glitch to work but it just wouldn't.

Something weird happened where I only half got her and she climbed the ladder and was on fire and screaming.

Got another glitch where tried to climb down and she did too and somehow Sebastian climbed up and into the air as if the ladder continued, but then dropped after a few steps.

Also had Laura do her instant kill move at the top of the ladder and then dropped to the bottom while doing her attack. I wonder what would've happened if the floor was out?
Quote from SpeedRunningTEW:
Hey magnum66, when are you going to stream on twitch? I want to see some runs

Hey SpeedrunningTEW, I was doing new game runs almost daily awhile back. I took a bit of break though due to some pretty severe depression which I'm trying to get past at the moment. That and I'll be a bit busy, but I do want to get into new game + speedrunning now, and also do just a few more new game runs and break my 4:26:56 RTA time, cause it's shit and I can improve.

I'll get back to you and post on here when I do plan on streaming a run.
Almost found a sequence break past the wall the Keeper drops in chapter 7:

Description: So I found out that if you aim the camera up or down away from The Keeper at this part approaching him, you can actually get a lot closer than you normally can before he spots you and hits the switch. So doing this and then running forward fast JUST as he does eventually spot you, you can run up to the wall almost JUST before it falls down and skip the entire area. So fucking close. If we can just find a way to boost ourselves at the end with a grenade or explosive bolt it might work. The problem with that is though the timing for grenades wouldn't work, and explosive bolts wouldn't blow up until you shoot it.

So damn close. I'll keep working on it.
What the hell? How do you come up with this stuff man?

What's the rule here? As long as you aren't looking at him? And did you shoot the gate open?
It looks like it's based on where the camera is facing. Does it force you to look when you get close? How about getting close and just before that face away and aim to move backwards into it?

I see you slow down before the dash. Is this to save stamina so you can get there in time? How about triggering infinite stamina and just boosting all the way down?

There are two problems I can see with getting past this.
First, I noticed there are spikes under than thing so even if you get under it you'll need a significant boost to escape death. Then again that thing is never used as an actual trap is it? So it's probably hollow and won't hurt. Might end up stuck inside it.

Second, and kind of explosion, at least in my experience, always knocks you back. So to blow yourself through with a grenade or even the RL would require you to face the opposite direction to get knocked back unless were able to run past the explosive and have it go off behind you.

What we need is some way to avoid the trigger altogether.
This is still a huge find though and I really believe you're on the way to getting something to work. I had given up of this part and now I see this gives me hope.
It depends a lot on the camera being on the Keeper yes. You can still look just slightly up, but when the camera gets to a certain point where it's facing dead forward and you can fully see the Keeper, that's when he sees you. That and when you get to a certain distance close to him. Because as you can see in the video even though I keep looking up, he eventually does still see me and drops the wall. You can also turn the camera around and walk backwards to the Keeper or just with the camera facing the other way, and it will still work. Yeah the spikes might kill us even if we do JUST make it, but hopefully not. Also nah, explosions can blow you forward. Look at my other glitch video in chapter 7 where I blow myself past the Keeper safe door cutscene and glitch it. Also my chapter 14 subway glitch on my Youtube, I blow myself forward and mess up the cutscene getting behind the pillar.

Also a new glitch I just found which acts almost the same, with the camera activating the spikes:

Description: Like the Keeper glitch I posted allowing you to almost get under the wall that falls, these spikes are activated by distance/the camera. If you get in view of the cranks at the end of the hall you have to shoot with the camera, the spikes will fall down and trap you in as they normally would. Because the game doesn't want you to shoot the cranks then quickly run out and leave and get behind the spike trap that comes out of the wall behind you. So I had an idea to get to the wall and face the opening where the spikes come down. Then run towards it as I turn the camera to look at the cranks on the left. Doing this causes the spikes to come down JUST as you run past them and escape the room. You are then trapped on the other side and can't continue. I went back up to see if any other rooms unloaded so I could go Out of Bounds or behind the Keeper wall, but sadly no go. Maybe if you get another checkpoint and reload it will put you somewhere weird or softlock the game somehow or put you in a weird state since you're not normally supposed to be out in main room when those spikes are down, without the emblem piece.

Enjoy!
Edit history:
Magnum66: 2014-11-10 09:17:16 pm
Magnum66: 2014-11-10 09:17:12 pm
Magnum66: 2014-11-10 09:17:11 pm
Found a new glitch in chapter 8, an out of bounds glitch, aaaannd.... what do you know! It's useless! Cheesy

You just get trapped:

Funny cause the hole right past this has water and I can almost guarantee I could get fully out of bounds with that hole but no, of course you can only jump to this one. Oh well. A glitch is a glitch.
Another new glitch:

Description: You first want to wrap around the ladder from the left side once climbing up top. Aiming slowly towards off the edge facing the ladder at an angle. As soon as you are about to fall off and facing ladder, let go of aim and mash X to climb ladder. You will climb it much higher than usual and climb on air and on top of the ladder. From this angle slightly on the right of the ladder, you can aim down and to the left at an angle, and when you press X to climb down the ladder you will climb down it at a completely sideways angle. You will be climbing on air on an invisible ladder. You climb up past the wood and sometimes through it. So far this is useless.

But lol.

Found this while messing around for a bit on the ladder. I also got a bunch of other weird stuff but nothing useful so far.
Wow, very nice finds.

Nice OOB and yeah, useful ones are great but if not still excellent finds. That chapter 8 one is cool and looks really hard to see. I never noticed anything around there.

The ladder thing happened to me in the Laura fight where I climbed up more. I thought it was just a random glitch or related to her trying to climb at the same time. Nice to see you've found the rules for it.
Edit history:
Magnum66: 2014-11-11 12:45:27 pm
Magnum66: 2014-11-11 11:41:46 am
Found a new OoB glitch in chapter 2!

Video:

Description: So at the start of the game you are not allowed to go to the safe/locker room yet until you get at least one key. In this opening sequence of chapter 2 you are forced to go right to chair and upgrade to start the game. I found out though on new game+ since you have weapons already, you can aim and move faster. Doing so, you slowly back yourself towards the upgrade chair and as SOON as the nurse is coming through the door quickly aim and move forward. You can get through the door JUST before it closes behind the nurse. You are in a room you are normally not allowed to be in and since the game thinks you definitely don't have any keys at this point, it doesn't entirely load the room. There is also a nurse clone standing right next to the door leading to the safe desk in this area that just stands there and does nothing... creepy. You can also save at the desk and that save file will always put you behind the desk on the wrong side and you are stuck and can constantly explore out of bounds. You can't run though sadly at this part of the game.

So if you continue on past to the lockers the room isn't entirely loaded and you can see through the walls out of bounds and walk right through the black wall out of bounds. You'll fall under the level. I've tried blasting myself to the spare room on the other side and have gotten close, but doesn't look doable. Also when you are out of bounds at the bottom of the level, if you look up you can see the area of chapter 2 with Connelly where you get transported to after upgrading in the chair. Neat ^___^

Edit: Update! This glitch is now doable on new game! You have to time it very perfectly though and melee your way to and through the door. I turn in circles and turn JUST as the nurse is coming through and punch my way forward once, then walk a few steps closer to door and punch one more time, then walk another step or two, then one more punch right to door and with perfect timing the door will close behind you pushing you the rest of the way through. Very hard but doable.
Takahashi Meijin
You should be a QA lead Magnum, you have a very strong ability to break down games

Impressive work!

I started my Krimson City Brawler run last night, spent a few hours and got to chapter 7. Not bad for only using melee and the occasional bolt to stun an enemy. Got past "the" checkpoint on chapter 6 on my 3rd try.  Laura goes down SUPER easy, just light the first body she appears next to, then melee until she's dead. Hilarious with the knuckles.
Magnum, what the hell? The shit you think of is bizarre man.

Quote:
Also when you are out of bounds at the bottom of the level, if you look up you can see the area of chapter 2 with Connelly where you get transported to after upgrading in the chair.

This is really interesting. I wonder if other areas are in the same place as the save room? Maybe it's possible to get into them?

Quote:
You should be a QA lead Magnum, you have a very strong ability to break down games

They wouldn't be able to release a game hahahaha.
Just read a topic in Gamefaqs. After beating Sadist there's a crow mini-game where you need to shoot some amount of crows within a time limit. You get 50,000 gel if you succeed. Seems to not work for some people and unclear if it's NG+ only.

There's also the one where you save that woman behind the hospice then burn the hanging bodies which makes a large pig appear worth 3000 I think.

I've never tried any of these and didn't read the topics properly. Just interesting.
Quote from zero shift:
Just read a topic in Gamefaqs. After beating Sadist there's a crow mini-game where you need to shoot some amount of crows within a time limit. You get 50,000 gel if you succeed. Seems to not work for some people and unclear if it's NG+ only.

There's also the one where you save that woman behind the hospice then burn the hanging bodies which makes a large pig appear worth 3000 I think.

I've never tried any of these and didn't read the topics properly. Just interesting.

Holy shit seriously? If this is true that's fucking awesome. I had no clue there was hidden easter eggs like this. I'd already saved the lady behind the hospice in chapter 4 and followed her for gel, but never tried burning the bodies. Very interesting. I have to try this tonight.
So I tried the pig thing in chapter 4, and...

http://puu.sh/cOvCD/ab8c0b5449.jpg

Jesus christ it's fucking huge, it's the size of the house lmfao. Saw Youtube video of the crow easter egg in chapter 3 and gonna go try it now too. Just when I thought everything was already found in this game too. God I love games like this that have lots of hidden cool stuff to find in them. Smiley I always wondered about that one room in chapter 5. With just an empty chair, red curtains, and a woman laughing. There has to be something in there too. Hell there might be something hidden in every chapter, who knows. Time to keep looking and experimenting. Smiley