List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
PJ: 2011-07-13 01:47:50 pm
Is PJ
<3 tjp

I will destroy you
oh, if I go I could also offer Commander Keen IV: Secret of the Oracle, normal any% (15 minutes of gameplay)
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from Sir VG:
RoB/DXC: Well, as long as either SoTN or DXC happens, it'll fit in with a copy of DXC that I'll be giving away that's signed by Patrick Seitz (the VA for Dracula in DXC, OOE, and Judgment)...though I'd still like a direct race with Satoryu, even if it's off-stream.

Quote:
No VG, this game doesn't have to happen again, so don't even try unless if you actually learn Richter.

You know it's dangerous to tempt me, Mike.

Challenge beaten.  I've successfully managed to beat DXC using Richter...several times today without deaths.  I won't do RoB with him, because the ability to turn around and whip behind me is too awesome to ignore.

Estimated time needed: 40 minutes including setup.  Should give enough time even if Satoryu wants to race.
Quote from Pootrain:
Ok, I will see how I get on with THPS3.
You know, considering there's basically 6 months to work with, I'm going to try to learn to run THPS3 in the hopes of doing a race at this. Would it be just getting 3 medals like the currently published run? I think there's a lot of room to improve the run theoretically. I need to find some time to take a long look at the game and devise a route.
Visually Appealing
Quote from Sir VG:
Should give enough time even if Satoryu wants to race.

Fuck Richter.
Haters gonna hate
Cry
Fucking Weeaboo
Now look what you've done, Satoryu!  You've made Richter cry!

Try out a Best Ending run with Richter in DXC once and see it's not too bad (unlike Rondo).  If I learned it in a couple of weeks, even though I haven't hardly played the game since AGDQ, I'm sure you can crush my time. Smiley
Visually Appealing
I have. I'm not a fan.
Wiiaboo
I was going to wait until I had a relatively good idea of exactly what time I'd be getting, but my initial estimates were off the charts and I can already improve them a little. >_>

Please update my estimate for Vanquish to 2h15m and Sonic Colors to 1h15m.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
VG: I never said that I would guarantee Rondo if you did a Richter run, and honestly I can't really justify having it on the schedule when we have a many stronger games on it already. There's also the fact I need to cut games eventually.

BTW, I'm not going to do the second round of cuts until after SGDQ, because I want to see how the games fare in that marathon.
Quote from tjp7154:
It's funny because those letters are actually oh wait, it's more fun to not tell heeheehee

I can't put my finger on it either. They look like something, but I can't quite figure it out.

Also, I'm seeing red. Lots and lots of red.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from mikwuyma:
VG: I never said that I would guarantee Rondo if you did a Richter run, and honestly I can't really justify having it on the schedule when we have a many stronger games on it already. There's also the fact I need to cut games eventually.

I know.  But I had to say that I took on your challenge.  Since I'm MANLY and not a little girl in a pink dress with a pair of doves. Tongue
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Your avatar says otherwise.
Edit history:
Sir VG: 2011-07-16 03:13:38 pm
Fucking Weeaboo
I actually don't have a Maria avatar.  I have one that is her outfit on Peach (Brawl costume hack).  But I should make up a good MANLY Richter avatar.
sinister1, what kind of mm2 run are you planning on doing (i.e. is it going to have zips or not)?
Main Work!!!
I'm supposed to come with 3 of my friends
I could do:
1-Amnesia: the dark decent-donation for Any% or 100%GE, with or without glitch(40min to 1h10)
2-2P NG+ Tales of symphonia(7-8H(if this isn't too long for you Tongue )
3-Mario Sunshine-probably subbing 1h50 in the worst 2H but I'll need to practice a couple of details.
Quote from AndréLucLévesque:
3-Mario Sunshine-probably subbing 1h50 in the worst 2H but I'll need to practice a couple of details.

damn thats beast, it would be sweet to watch u play =]
Edit history:
Mundungu: 2011-07-18 12:12:17 pm
Hey guys,

I'm a little late, but if I go, I could def run meat boy if we wanted to make it a race.  Dark worlds would be interesting, but I haven't tried running them much yet.  But hey that's 6 months away anyway.  My any% is around 25 minutes consistent now (on PC, XBOX would be about 28 mins), and I'm hoping to get a sub 22 run in before the marathon.

I could also run MM2 and ALttP if we wanted to race those games.
#speedrunslive to race games!!!
This hasn't been talked about in a while, but I don't believe this has been suggested in the thread yet. If Final Fantasy 7 ends up being shared by a group of people, why not give each person 1 disc, and then you switch off every disc? That seems like the most logical way to split it up.

Just offering my 2 cents.
Not a walrus
It's not really any more logical than any other division, it just seems less arbitrary because they happened to run out of disc space. Wink

I'm not sure how much time each disc takes, but if I recall Disc 3 is a lot shorter than the other two.
Balls jerky
Disc 3 consists of final dungeon and all the side quests we won't be doing in a speedrun so yeah it's a lot shorter.
Sea of Green
I think it's already been decided that the FF7 run is being kept small on purpose--with the team being puwexil and RaneofSoTN. This is so they can work on strategies together and keep the run tighter, as far as I know.
I want off the ride....
So yeah, its been me and puwexil, while you could go by disc, the final disc is shot and also... its better to WORK WITH the team. Each disc is a beast in and of itself. To relegate ONE PERSON to play the whole thing would be madness (10 hr file anyone?), and then limiting it to disc could be problematic. All people participating should understand the runs in basic terms (understand what needs to be done where/etc) and maybe not perfect on the execution. Cause if person A just needs a break in the middle of the run or something you need to swap off to get it going.

I'll see to getting some extra help somewhere, but I want to keep the team dedicated to ff7 really dedicated. Cause if your on that team. You are probably going to be 1. locked at the marathon during this run. 2. going have to be willing to take a controller on the fly 3. probably going to be stuck within earshot of the player so that he can pull you in for help.

So far there are a few points that i know of where if we can get perfect calculations going, it might be possible in marathon to still use the strat (aka materia keeper) it still might not yet be plausible but we shall see.

if you want in on the team for the actual marathon run (controller wise) well your gonna need puwex's and myselfs approval or sir uyama's permission. Just because we want to keep it tight and know your going to be in on practicing this. I've already started doing most of the Midgar in an attempt. its not that fun (even with accelerator on an emulator). but i'm doing ti cause its better for the marathon and i'm sure that people will want to see it.
hmm welp

i've been playing mm2 a boatload lately, i think i'm gonna try to do a run (race...?) at the marathon with zips. i might have to pass up one or two zips that are extremely risky but i'm practicing multiple hours every day on my trip right now and i can perform every trick in seth's run, including the airman edgejumping and every zip (not consistently at this point, but i'm getting there).
Edit history:
André: 2011-07-19 07:01:16 pm
Main Work!!!
Quote from Mundungu:
Hey guys,

I'm a little late, but if I go, I could def run meat boy if we wanted to make it a race.  Dark worlds would be interesting, but I haven't tried running them much yet.  But hey that's 6 months away anyway.  My any% is around 25 minutes consistent now (on PC, XBOX would be about 28 mins), and I'm hoping to get a sub 22 run in before the marathon.

I would be very interest about this if it were a Meat boy only race. I would join this(except Hell 4-X19, it should be tofu Tongue ).