page  <- 1234567891011121314151617181920 -> <- 1 .. 11 .. 20 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Now a hit show on the CW
I told NX that I would be fine with him just running the whole game solo, unless people have a strong preference for co-op for some reason. I already have a few games to run, so it's not like I'd be left out.
Edit history:
Tiki: 2011-07-04 04:39:29 am
I don't even know what the fuck this is
Quote from Caleb Hart:
Is anyone going to run MMX 3?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quote from Jiano:
I can probably go to this again. I'd be willing to run SM64 and maybe ALTTP.

I hope to become good at MM10 so I can race my mate Tiki, but we will see.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
$15 per rant/allegory
Quote from mikwuyma:
I'm just going to go in order of when these games/series were played at the previous AGDQ.
Bayonetta: It's Flicky and it could use a better time slot. Also we can vary it up a bit if we want, like do a hard mode run or something.

I'll be working on this again soonish but I don't know about a hard mode run. I'll try some out but it'd either be pretty ugly or I'd use a completed file which I'm not even close to optimising. If I used a middle file it wouldn't be impressive since it'd be so easy.
Edit history:
NXRunner: 2011-07-04 10:00:42 am
Novice Speedrunner
Just discovered something somewhat terrifying about Rogue Leader: the mission "Imperial Academy Heist" changes it's contents depending on the system time when it is accessed.

If the level is played during the day, you fly a Y-Wing equipped with ion cannon and bombs (which means you can disable the instant-death radars instead of having to avoid them, and you can also blow the hell out of the turrets later on).

If the level is played during the night, there is HEAVY fog and you're instead put into a Speeder (these are those weakshit little things from Hoth in Empire Strikes Back, the ones with tow cables), forcing you to instead avoid the towers (HARD), and have no secondary weapons against the enemies in the level, not to mention that Speeders can't do acrobatic stuff to evade enemy fighters.

This is problematic because it would most likely mean that if I do Rogue Leader, I can only do it during a daytime slot, not a nighttime slot, assuming that we're using a Wii to run the game, as it's clock comes from internet connection (however, if we're using a Gamecube, the internal clock could be changed to have a day time on it).

Here's a comparison with Youtube videos:

Speeder Night:

Y-Wing Day:
SDA Represent!
Alright, so put me down for Super Metroid any% and a race with ol' Tiki of X.
Now a hit show on the CW
NX - the speeder version is faster. I wouldn't worry about this too much...we would just have to remember to change the system clock if the game isn't scheduled at night.
Edit history:
VorpalEdge: 2011-07-04 11:52:38 am
welcome to the machine
Quote from NXRunner:
If the level is played during the night, there is HEAVY fog and you're instead put into a Speeder (these are those weakshit little things from Hoth in Empire Strikes Back, the ones with tow cables), forcing you to instead avoid the towers (HARD), and have no secondary weapons against the enemies in the level, not to mention that Speeders can't do acrobatic stuff to evade enemy fighters.

it isn't hard... try it some, and navigate primarily by radar
mikwuyama, I will agree with you that any% is really boring for Fallout 3, but all main quests actually has some action in it. No Fallout 3 is fine though. What about a Fallout: New Vegas run on hardcore? I think that would be interesting.
SDA Represent!
And also, if no one is willing to run MGS1 or Twin Snakes, I can run Twin Snakes. Just throwing that out there.

Are people mad bro about X3?
Quote from Caleb Hart:

it's a bad game
Is PJ
Quote from cyghfer:
Quote from Caleb Hart:

it's a bad game

It's a good game, but a disgrace to the other two MMX games.  It looks a lot worse than it is by comparison.
sda loyalist
I just tried doing the Oblivion jumping thing for an hour or so and goddamn is it finicky. Unless someone can give me some tips I'm going to have to remove it from my list of offerings, because it is nigh-on impossible the way I'm trying it.
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2011-07-04 03:46:00 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Don't explodingcabbage and thevoid know a fair bit about Oblivion?

NXRunner: I'm glad you're enthusiastic about Rogue Leader, but work on the run itself should go in the planning forum.

Caleb: Are you sure you can compete with Tiki in mmx? I'm just saying you'll have to put in a lot of work.

X3: What pj said.
Quote from NXRunner:
This is problematic because it would most likely mean that if I do Rogue Leader, I can only do it during a daytime slot, not a nighttime slot, assuming that we're using a Wii to run the game, as it's clock comes from internet connection

...No, it doesn't.
And even if it does, it's as simple as not connecting it to the internet.
Edit history:
NXRunner: 2011-07-04 04:23:25 pm
Novice Speedrunner
Ah. Okay, I'll put future organizing stuff into planning then. Sorry, still learning about all of this and how the forum works.

Will practice the Speeder version tonight after I get home from Independence Day celebrations.
Edit history:
yoshifan: 2011-07-04 04:35:13 pm
yoshifan: 2011-07-04 04:34:02 pm
yoshifan: 2011-07-04 04:33:40 pm
yoshifan: 2011-07-04 04:32:12 pm
yoshifan: 2011-07-04 04:31:24 pm
Since JRDQ, I'd strongly been considering attending either the Summer marathon or AGDQ - well, it's July and I'm busy, so it's definitely going to be AGDQ if anything.  I don't really have work plans for after September, so I'll do my best to make plans for AGDQ!

Tentatively:

Super Mario Galaxy 1, 61 stars as Luigi
- same as JRDQ.  I'm sort of hoping I can offer something different (maybe SMG2 71 stars), but I know that's going to take a lot of work to plan well.

mike89 can still take Sonic Adventure 2 unless he wants to practice other things.  I certainly wouldn't mind running the game (Hero or Dark), but I know I'd have to take some time to shake the dust off and get acquainted with current tricks.  It's been a couple of years.
SDA Represent!
Mike: Yeah, I have been running MMX for a long time now. Since we aren't sure if any% or 100%, the only thing I really have to practice is any% since I normally do 100% runs. My best time right now is a 38:15 for 100%
o apparently i'm going to co-op golden axe with withhelde
SEGA Junkie
Quote from yoshifan:
mike89 can still take Sonic Adventure 2 unless he wants to practice other things.  I certainly wouldn't mind running the game (Hero or Dark), but I know I'd have to take some time to shake the dust off and get acquainted with current tricks.  It's been a couple of years.

How about we practice one each? That way it's not as much of a stress learning hunting locations (>:/) and if one of us has to bail out for whatever reason, we still have a base to work with (and can just convince people to donate for the one we're better practiced on >_>).
I've started practicing Shadow of the Colossus, and I'm assuming Hard mode is the prefered mode, but if for some reason you want me to run Normal I am ok with that.
Quote from mike89:
How about we practice one each? That way it's not as much of a stress learning hunting locations (>:/) and if one of us has to bail out for whatever reason, we still have a base to work with (and can just convince people to donate for the one we're better practiced on >_>).

Sure, sounds good.  Let me know if you have a preference between Hero/Dark - they should be about evenly comfortable for me.
The Great Farming Empire
Quote from mikwuyma:
Sonikkustar: Sonic Adventure DX would be a good game for the marathon, but it has a lot crazy tricks you'd have to practice.

Actually, It seems pretty easy given that I dove in head on first time attempting. I didnt go for the huge major shortcuts, but I can get most of them down fairly cosistently. I was actually thinking on improving the current run, hence why I asked.
I'm not your buddy, guay!
Quote from mikwuyma:
Runnerguy2489: Cool, but are you familiar with MST? That's the category I'd like to do this year. I know you've done 100% runs before

If you can put in the practice for Majora's Mask, I can easily give it to you.

I will need to go over a few things and practice the route but yeah, MST is cool.

And sweet, I'll be practicing up for sure on Majora's Mask.
Willing to teach you the impossible
Quote from Lag.Com:
I just tried doing the Oblivion jumping thing for an hour or so and goddamn is it finicky. Unless someone can give me some tips I'm going to have to remove it from my list of offerings, because it is nigh-on impossible the way I'm trying it.

It is a rhythm thing, and it is rather quick. You want to jump then grab the item you are using, I like to use pants or a shirt as they are bigger. I don't know what version of the game you are trying this on, but I can do it on PC rather easily. Never tried it on any other version... I saw a video of it on YT and tried it and got over the wall after about 15 min.