--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Waiting hurts my soul...
Quote from Heidrage:
Quote from Lag.Com:
I just tried doing the Oblivion jumping thing for an hour or so and goddamn is it finicky. Unless someone can give me some tips I'm going to have to remove it from my list of offerings, because it is nigh-on impossible the way I'm trying it.

It is a rhythm thing, and it is rather quick. You want to jump then grab the item you are using, I like to use pants or a shirt as they are bigger. I don't know what version of the game you are trying this on, but I can do it on PC rather easily. Never tried it on any other version... I saw a video of it on YT and tried it and got over the wall after about 15 min.

Paint brushes are a little more reliable if you want to go that route, but it's slower by a minute or so probably.
Willing to teach you the impossible
Also, before I forget, You need to let go of the item after each jump. So Jump and on your way up grab it to bring it to your feet, let go, jump off of it, grab it to bring it to you again, ext, ext.
I am the legit TWW queen.. JAY KAY.
Hello guys, can I race MM any% with the guys? Sorry silly question.
Edit history:
romscout: 2011-07-05 03:16:18 pm
that Metroidvania guy
Quote from ChocoLateLink:

Whether you're good enough to compete with the others racing is the only real answer to that question. (well, also whether you have like, more than 4 participants, because that would be ludicrous)
I am the legit TWW queen.. JAY KAY.
Quote from romscout:
Quote from ChocoLateLink:

Whether you're good enough to compete with the others racing is the only real answer to that question. (well, also whether you have like, more than 4 participants, because that would be ludicrous)

Oh don't worry, I believe I'll be good as them.. I'd be matched up with them! c:
Edit history:
Lag.Com: 2011-07-05 03:42:32 pm
sda loyalist
I've tried the pants and shirt and I almost always drop it after the third jump, or it flops around at random so I can't really land on it. I'll try a little more but otherwise I'm going to have to not do the oob thing, and use paintbrushes to jump into the temple.

p.s. this post is pure gold if you don't know what game i'm talking about
Professional Second Banana
Trying to sequence break getting dressed for work or something?
Intruding N313 and F014
Quote from puwexil:

If only we can find a way to sequence break our way through traffic!
Fish. Blub blub.
Quote from dunnius:
Quote from puwexil:

I've tried OoB and Clipping through traffic, neither work as planned.
Edit history:
Kiyura: 2011-07-05 06:11:58 pm
Kiyura: 2011-07-05 05:56:02 pm
Wiiaboo
Alright, giving some preliminary time estimates for scheduling purposes. These are very conservative and will most likely be narrowed later on, but they should be within 30-45 minutes of the final time at least.

For Vanquish, put down 3 hours and 15 minutes.

For Sonic Colors, an hour and a half. This is assuming that I do the Egg Shuttle, which is a challenge mode that runs straight through every stage and boss in the game with only short breaks to show your stats for a stage before moving on. No cutscenes, no overworld. I assumed this would be best for a live run, and I'd certainly prefer to do it, but I'd like input from the coordinators and those familiar with the game on whether they'd prefer that or just a normal New Game run.

Edit: Note that cutscenes are skippable anyway. This doesn't save a LOT of time, it's just nicer overall for both playing and watching.
Is PJ
Quote from GearStrike:
Quote from dunnius:
Quote from puwexil:

I've tried OoB and Clipping through traffic, neither work as planned.

Damage boosting works exceptionally well.
Balls jerky
Just do a barrel roll.
Haters gonna hate
Corner boosting is also effective, but not recommended.
I should be able to come. I propose:

Mirror's Edge
Halo Reach
Vanquish

I saw vanquish on the list, so if it's already being done I can do the challenges, which are excellent for running.
Arrested for felony abuse of emotes
Last time I tried OoB Clipping in my Miata, I ended up in a ditch filled with water, and had to restart. >< I think the barrel roll saved me. >>
(Sad thing is, that's completely true.  No injuries, just had to completely replace the car.)

My boss said he's willing to work with me for days off in January. :3 So, it looks like I should be able to make it.  Can't guarantee anything for a bonus stream though.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Just saying that I am well-aware that technically the schedule is filled. However, I am still open to games people can run as long as they're good suggestions. I'd like to see everything that can be run by people attending.

Now you might think there's no way all of these games can fit, and you're right. There will be a round 2 topic in 2-4 weeks when people have suggested most of the games already, and there will be cuts then.
Quote from Itsu de Mo:
Last time I tried OoB Clipping in my Miata, I ended up in a ditch filled with water, and had to restart. >< I think the barrel roll saved me. >>
(Sad thing is, that's completely true.  No injuries, just had to completely replace the car.)

Somehow I read that as "OoT Clipping" instead of "OoB Clipping" and for a minute there I was disappointed you weren't nominated for a Darwin. On that note, sucks dude.
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Quote from mikwuyma:
Just saying that I am well-aware that technically the schedule is filled. However, I am still open to games people can run as long as they're good suggestions. I'd like to see everything that can be run by people attending.

I'll still throw out Super Mario Kart.
The Great Farming Empire
Heavy Rain
Everybody's favorite monster
Quote from Sonikkustar:
Heavy Rain

lol, if you want to make all our viewers fall asleep. gtfo
The Great Farming Empire
Quote from Trekhaak:
Quote from Sonikkustar:
Heavy Rain

lol, if you want to make all our viewers fall asleep. gtfo

lol, Im just joking. It would probably make the viewers depressed.
Edit history:
Kryal: 2011-07-06 04:00:51 pm
from red to blue
I should probably find a game if trekhaak can follow up on his sexy offer, unless there's a sudden sexbomb for Mega Man Xtreme 2.

Actually, I'll see if I can get to running it. If I play bad, get bad luck and everything else goes tits, up, it'll still be sub-45 so.
Quits halfway
I think I mentioned it to you mike, but I'll learn Jet Grind Radio if it can get a spot.
Conker's Bad Fur Day, if anyone is willing to practice it, would be entertaining.
SDA Represent!
I might be able to run Naruto: Ninja Council. I doubt it though, with all the other games I need to practice. We will see however.