page  <- 1234567891011121314151617181920 -> <- 1 .. 13 .. 20 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Novice Speedrunner
Quote from Naegleria:
Conker's Bad Fur Day, if anyone is willing to practice it, would be entertaining.

Somehow, given the whole "PG-13 stream", I sense that would fly a very short distance lol. If we're worried about cuss words being tossed around, a game dedicated to them, singing poo, drinking, blood, and smashing balls would not work.

Not that it wouldn't be supremely hilarious for me to be proven wrong and see that game be played.
Exoray
Some cartoon-based suggestions, all are genesis  games:
Taz-Mania
Ariel The Little Mermaid
Lion King
Desert Demolition Starring Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2011-07-06 04:51:43 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Aftermath: JGR was one of the more-requested games, so sounds like a good idea.

Naegleria: I know that game has its fans, but someone needs to run it. Also, I'd probably put it in a late-night block just so it can be r-rated and such.

Caleb: I'd stick with your other games.

Moooh: Sad
Edit history:
moooh: 2011-07-06 05:06:51 pm
Exoray
Figured you would say as much, they're not manly enough Tongue

Taz was actually a good game, and Lion King was popular during CGDQ Grin
Edit history:
feasel: 2011-07-06 05:15:24 pm
feasel: 2011-07-06 05:14:59 pm
feasel: 2011-07-06 04:55:14 pm
feasel: 2011-07-06 04:54:03 pm
difficult and stupidly random
Just saw this thread and already there's 13 pages of it.  Hope i'm not too late to get a few games in the schedule.

My top choices:  (times include credits)

Rescue Rangers.  I know i'm playing it at summer marathon, but it is only 11 minutes and I really really want to do this most of all.  Pleeeease?

Zelda II.  Tho this is the black-sheep of the zelda family, i am continually amazed at how much interest i get when i stream this game.  The game has a cult following, which makes me feel warm and fuzzy.  (time 1:25)

I'm up for doing any multiplayer co-op beat-em-up.  Just let me know what there is interest in and i will be ready for ass-kicking.  Scott Pilgrim has been suggested, and that is fine by me, but i'm up for whatever.

I'd do Limbo again if people want to see it.  And I would definitely be up for racing it against Pootrain and/or SirVG.  This actually makes a pretty good race, since it would likely be very close.  There's not a lot that can cause you to lose large amounts of time, so it would mostly come down to who's got the more optimized movements.  (time 0:50)

Other NES games:

Bionic Commando (time 0:20 0:25)  (edit: forgot the credits are long)
The Immortal (time 0:15)    (you did say poverty/graveyard, didn't you?)
Gauntlet (time 0:20)
Legacy of the Wizard (time 0:35)

I'm fine with not doing Snake Rattle N Roll.  I actually wasn't even going to suggest it because i think most people (besides me) have had enough of it.

I'm surprised that River City Ransom got nixed.  The co-op run last year was pretty entertaining, and i would gladly co-op it again with Rane (if he's coming).  But honestly -- whatever -- it's not terribly high on my list of priorities, and i'd only really be excited about it if there was another person to co-op with.

I almost suggested Deadly Towers, but then i realized what that would do to my soul.
Fish. Blub blub.
Quote from feasel:
I almost suggested Deadly Towers, but then i realized what that would do to my soul.

That would be an awesome addition to the bad games block.
Haters gonna hate
Quote from feasel:
Gauntlet (time 0:20)

omg yes! I wanna see this!
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2011-07-06 05:47:26 pm
mikwuyma: 2011-07-06 05:30:08 pm
Let's go over your games feasel.

Rescue Rangers: It's an easy fit, but if you miss co-op for RCR, why not make this game co-op? It would be a good game for a co-op run, IMO. Maybe you and Rane can unite again.

Zelda II: I know this game has its fans, and it was even requested a couple of times during the last AGDQ. I'm not sure if it should come back to this agdq, but it should definitely come back sometime, maybe next year?

Scott Pilgrim: I would have no problem with this game, except how are people going to practice? Is everyone just going to do some last-minute practice on-site?

Bionic Commando: This is a good game, but I thought you didn't want to do it. I remember you saying that for the last agdq.

Gauntlet: This game definitely has its fans, and is known for being a really hard game. Definitely worth considering if nothing else.

River City Ransom: The co-op run last year was very entertaining, but is there really a lot else we can do with the game? I'd say give it a break for a year.

Deadly Towers: Gearstrike is so right. If you could do this game, it would be a lock for the bad game graveyard.

EDIT: I forgot to mention Limbo. Let's see how that does at SGDQ.
Edit history:
feasel: 2011-07-06 06:45:55 pm
feasel: 2011-07-06 06:45:04 pm
feasel: 2011-07-06 06:40:21 pm
feasel: 2011-07-06 06:39:45 pm
feasel: 2011-07-06 06:35:00 pm
Does Scott Pilgrim not have network play?  Last minute practice on-site might work, but maybe someone can suggest a good 4-player co-op that does have network play (or one that can be run on emulator and networked that way).
I only suggested SP because Castle Crashers was already done and AGDQ is lacking in a 4-player co-op, which i think would be pretty entertaining.  (maybe worth making an SDA marathon tradition?)

Zelda II:  Sure I'd be ok with putting this off till AGDQ2013.  But if plans change or if AGDQ2012 needs a sudden infusion of awesomeness, I'm always willing to step in with this.

Rescue Rangers:  The main hurdle to a co-op would be practicability.  For various reasons, practicing 1p version has absolutely no bearing on performance in 2p version.  1player and 2player are essentially different games.  And I doubt that network play will be possible, since it's fast-moving and any amount of input-lag makes the game unspeedrunnable.  (I can't even stand playing it with the usual emulator input-lag)

Bionic Commando:  I passed last time because i was seriously out of practice and wouldn't have had time to get back into shape.  But it's back in my repertoire now, and i'm glad to run it if people want to see it.

Gauntlet:  Cool; this sounds like a good fit then.

River City Ransom:  Yeah no problem.  I don't want to do too many games anyway.

Deadly Towers:  Damn why did I mention that game...    j/k, I'm fine with running it.  The main hurdle is that the route I used before is far too fragile for live play.  I will need to plan a new route, so it will be difficult for me to give a good time estimate.  Let's say 45 minutes for now (including credits).
Scott Pilgrim has no online play, but I think the xbla x-men game does? I'm not sure. I don't really like the game, but it would be a good 4-player choice I guess.
Edit history:
Mecha Richter: 2011-07-06 07:02:31 pm
Haters gonna hate
X-men does have online play, AND you can play up to 6 players.

On top of that, I didn't see TMNT '89 suggested at all. I think that would be a great addition as well.
Is PJ
Deadly Towers is now my most anticipated run to watch.  I will make sure I am there to watch.
Now you have to run Deadly Towers, Feasel, PJ demands it.
Formerly known as Skullboy
If a need for a Disney or animated character game arises, how about World of Illusion: Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck for the Genesis? Mickey and Donald have some separate level portions (think Sonic 3 & Knuckles) and the game also has a co-op mode though two players would need to practice together beforehand. The game itself is short when ran.

Is there ever a chance of Ristar returning to a marathon? From what I heard watching CGDQ, it wasn't received too well by the chat. 
Is PJ
Quote from mikwuyma:
Now you have to run Deadly Towers, Feasel, PJ demands it.

Sorry Feasel, but it's true.  Our friendship is on the line.
Fine, but DT is some weapons-grade stuff.  If it induces brain aneurysms in viewers it is on your conscience, not mine.
DS Dictator
Apparently the PS3 version of classic X-men, supports 6 players local.

If I ever did come to the marathon (which is unlikely unfortunately), I will certainly do Scott Pilgrim, because I've recently found some very funny 'speed-entertainment tradeoff' glitches the other day, I can't say too much though, it will ruin the suprise.

If you do end up running the game, here is a good guide on how to deal with the 7 levels (oh it's NG+ btw).
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9PJsXF547s
Quote from feasel:
Zelda II.  Tho this is the black-sheep of the zelda family, i am continually amazed at how much interest i get when i stream this game.  The game has a cult following, which makes me feel warm and fuzzy.  (time 1:25)

I support this! If you do not get to play it this time around, I would gladly play it if there is another Online marathon
Fucking Weeaboo
I just saw an announcement from Konami that may affect Castlevania HD in how it can be done for the marathon.  It's now coming out for PSN with 4P local co-op.  If we can get somebody with PSN to get this, unlock everything needed, then get a number of good players, this could be fun.  Granted it's at times pretty damn easy to solo it.  But just another idea on how to use the game.

(Whether it's PSN exclusive or there'll be a patch for 360, I didn't see anything in the announcement about it.  Which has some people understandably pissed.)
Edit history:
Aftermath: 2011-07-07 12:59:50 pm
Aftermath: 2011-07-07 12:40:54 pm
Quits halfway
I'd like to see a link to that announcement. I know a lot of sites have TBA 2011 listed for it, but I haven't been able to find any info beyond that. I wouldn't want to do it if multiplayer does happen, though.

Found it, neat. http://www.konami.com/article/_KONAMI_ANNOUNCES_CASTLEVANIA_HARMONY_OF_DESPAIR_FOR/226
Fucking Weeaboo
It was posted on both the Castlevania HD and Konami Facebook pages.
Edit history:
Pootrain: 2011-07-07 01:19:15 pm
train kept rollin
Take me off THUG,  after trying to get back into it and doing a couple of run throughs I hate it. Pehaps adding THPS3 into the mix would be a better idea since its the highest rated of the series.

Also I would like to run Crash dummies during the graveyard shift. 18-20 mins.
Sir VG: That's assuming CVHD is in the marathon in the first place.

Pootrain: Would you be willing to pick up THPS3 in that case? Also, I'm not sure about Crash Dummies, but I think our "Awful Games Done Quick" timeslot has been filled up. If it turns out you and PJ can't do Lawnmower Man, then I can probably give you Crash Dummies.
train kept rollin
Ok, I will see how I get on with THPS3.
Is PJ
RE: Multiplayer CVHD.  I have no idea how they could possibly make this work on one screen when, for most of the levels that are faster multiplayer, everybody is spread out all over the map.  Either it is always fully zoomed out or some players would be playing blind.  Both perspectives would be total garbage to watch and play.  I don't think whoever gets CVHD on the PS3 will want to get the characters to the point where Aftermath, Mecharichter, and myself are anyways; that's a serious time investment.

All in all, I think it is best to leave this one to Aftermath, if it even is included.