--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Balls jerky
Figured as much.
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
So I'm finally posting, had to work...

I would definitely like to run some stuff. 
I will definitely be a part of anything Double Dragon II. thumbsup
I can run the original Super Mario Kart.
Contra could be an option, although I don't know if I could keep up in a race with Heidman, but maybe co-op?
Super Punch Out could be an option, but it would take a lot of practice to get into shape for it.
And I don't want to stir the pot, but I was going to offer Smash Bros 64, but it sounds like the Smash series is off the table.
If you want another graveyard game Mike, I could work on Legendary Axe, but I don't know if a TG16 would be available.

That's about it, but I'll get in on Contra III if it's on Easy. Tongue
Also, Metal Slug 2
Balls jerky
sry fuck metal slug 2 bro
The Tony Hawk games have vastly different formats as they got later and tried to shake up the formula--this unfortunately meant they got longer Wink
THPS1-3: Single session on a level, get as many goals as you can on a level--very fast as you saw in the first AGDQ
THPS4: Goals are scattered throughout each of the level, but you have to do them one at a time--much slower (my goal on this is sub-50 best case)
THUG: True story mode, relatively linear (especially on Sick)--I think a Sick run would be really long (an hour or more, though I haven't tried it myself), but a too easy run would be longer than a classic-series run
THUG2: Closer to a classic series run (as you can do multiple goals at once), but a lot of the goals are slower--an easy run wouldn't be that long, but this is the one I think most people hate
THAW, THP8, THDJ, THPG: These are longer and more boring I think, not worthy for a marathon (that and I haven't played the next-gen versions of P8 and PG, and their last-gen versions suck)
(note, THUG2 and THAW have a classic mode you could run if you wanted, but those seem less interesting than the original games)
Quote from dballin:
sry fuck metal slug 2 bro

I know, it's more of a nostalgia thing for me from college.  I actually love X too.
I survived MIKE-Fest 1
Bidding war of Seasons games are a great idea
wanted to start speedrunning Oracle of Age this summer (because it has no run on the site) so I could be a backup (don't want to steal the game from someone)
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Yeah, Cheater_Hater, I'm aware the Tony Hawk games got longer, but it is nice to know good time estimates for each one. Would I be correct saying that Thug1 or 2 should be the cutoff for considering any of them?

DK28: Super Punch-Out I can give you. Super Mario Kart I'm not so sure about since I'll be tight on scheduling, and you can try to keep up with Heidman in Contra. Tongue

Sorry, I can't really think of a single TG-16 game that would be a good marathon choice, except maybe Bonk for an online marathon.

Nice try with Metal Slug 2. Tongue

Tigger77: I wouldn't be so bashful, we know a Zelda run from you will be top-notch.
Arrested for felony abuse of emotes
Tigger, since I have no idea where my Ages cart is, and this would be my first official speedrun, I'm willing to practice just one game. Tongue

If they want a bidding war between Oracles, I can practice Seasons and you can take Ages.  If Ages wins, I'm there for the prettiness, and I wouldn't mind one bit. ^^
Sounds good Mike, am I also in on DD II though?  Just need to know about practicing it.
Edit history:
Dragondarch: 2011-07-02 12:16:39 am
Pudding%
-You listed Metroid Zero Mission which I could easily do (100%) which I'd put an estimate of around 1:30 after you factor in cutscenes. Samthedigital actually PM'd me during JRDQ suggesting a possible 100% race.
-For Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, you didn't mention a Julius run. I could do that in under 10 minutes provided Graham doesn't give me fits...I'd say allow 15 minutes for this one.

Other stuff:
-Final Fantasy Mystic Quest: It's Final Fantasy, which pretty much always has an audience. 4 hours would be absolute tops, but it'd probably be closer to 3:30 if you include all the bosses that can kill an attempt on the first round. There's also not a real game over...just restart the battle if you lose, so it winds up not being too hard to single segment.
-I want to suggest Crystalis but the more I think about it, the more I'm against it for the sole fact that there would be no less than 9 points where I'd have to stop and grind experience.
-I'd throw in Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, but there's just way too many things that can go wrong, plus getting good level bonus reels early game is a must.
-Lufia II: A cult classic, but even with 6 months to work out a new (mostly single segment) route, I doubt I'd have time to get everything planned out. I would like to suggest this one for 2013 though, and I could come up with something workable by then.
Legacy of the Wizard: Decently short game (~30 min) with a moderate fan base. Even under the worst possible case of zero scroll drops, it'd be about 35 min. If you allow it, I'd say allow 40 min.

...that's all I can think of for now.
Yeah Mike, don't do American Wasteland or anything after that. In my personal bias I would say don't do anything past 3 but Underground was pretty popular.
Edit history:
Caleb Hart: 2011-07-02 12:17:33 am
SDA Represent!
I would like to race Tiki. If possible, I would like to do 100% run of X1.

Also, since no one has really said anything, I would really like to run Twin Snakes. I remember Carc ran this at the last AGDQ, and got a 1:28 or something. I can usually get sub 1:03, so hopefully I can get sub 1:02/1:01 by the next marathon. I would really, really love to run this.
DK28: Sorry, yes you are on for DD II.

Dragondarch: You're right, I didn't mention a Julius run because I completely forgot the mode existed. It would probably be worth doing once. Well 1:30:00 is a bit long, but that was the estimate for Fusion, so I guess that's fine for Zero Mission.

As for the rest of the stuff...all I can say is I'm sorry. Hmm I know everyone who has played Lufia II likes it, but I don't know if it would be a good add for 2013.

Caleb: I'm not sure about 100%, ask tiki about that, maybe we can do a bidding war for any% versus 100%? I'll let you race Tiki as long as if you can keep up. Tongue

Hmmm what difficulty for Twin Snakes? If the difficulty is Extreme, then it might be worth doing Twin Snakes again, though people would probably bitch about Twin Snakes being done a third time.
Yeah, definitely don't do anything past THUG1, since THUG2 was Jackass-themed, and the series went down in public opinion past then (though I felt THAW was fine, and the three DS games were awesome, but that's not the point).
I honestly have no idea how long a THUG Too Easy run would be--I remember seeing a run around an hour in a topic, but I don't remember its difficulty--I'll find it tomorrow, or try a run myself. Smiley
Edit history:
Dragondarch: 2011-07-02 12:42:06 am
Pudding%
Was mostly just throwing stuff out there (and ended up coming up with reasons to NOT throw a few of them in there Tongue ). As for Lufia II, I'd say gauge interest this year and see if it's feasible, if possible.

Granted, this is all speculation for something that would be over a year and a half away Tongue
Thinker & Dreamer
Well, if Legacy of the Wizard got a green light, I was going to ask if you would want to race it, since I was going to bring up my interest in learning that game for the marathon. ヽ( ╹◡╹)ノ
Pudding%
I like the idea of a LotW race.
I wholeheartedly support a Julius mode runthrough of Aria of Sorrow.
Edit history:
Axel Ryman: 2011-07-02 12:59:14 am
We all scream for Eyes Cream
Quote from mikwuyma:
MegaMari and Shoot the Bullet - Not super essential or anything, just an idea I had.

I could practice MegaMari since I had plans on doing a run for the site. It would be fun to show off the zip glitches and 2 boss skips that can be done.
I don't like the idea of a Legacy of the Wizard race.
This world is all we have,cherish it
Quote from Breakdown:
Quote from jprophet22:
I wonder if we should run the up+a or warpless for zelda... feedback?

I've always been anti-Up+A, so my preference is definitely without.

Sounds good to me. Now to figure out the optimal route for a marathon run Wink Hit me up in a private message if you want to collaborate on a route plan.
I'd be going with default difficulty for Doom. Upon further consideration, it probably wouldn't be worth watching. I'll nix it and leave it for someone else.

MGS3, MGS, REmake, and CV sounds reasonable, I think.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Doom on any difficulty other than Nightmare isn't worth watching.:p  If I was more adept at PC controls I would run it.

I' d like to do SH1 but, to be reasonable, the game is too visually dark and wouldn't likely be good to watch online.

An RE:1 race with Carci would be fun but I don't think it would be popular; for a one hour run you could likely determine who was going to win based off the first 15-20 minutes of play - too difficult to make up for lost time anywhere.
Fucking Weeaboo
Quote from MercuryZelda:
Actually I just realized that I shouldn't be volunteering to run any games at all. With the amount of plushies & hats I will be making over the next six months, plus the fact that I'm planning my wedding, moving to a different country, and applying for a visa to live in that country within the next three months, I don't think I'll have time to practice runs of any games and have them be done competently. Sorry for the inconvenience, Molotov and Mike. Sad Take me off Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. (If someone else wants to do Zelda: The Minish Cap they're welcome to it.)

Yeah, given how you mentioned that you were out of practice from just working on plushies last year, and I know how tough it is to plan a wedding (and the wife and I didn't have the extra challenge of dealing with visas and changing countries and all that garbage), I'm perfectly fine with you not doing KatAM.  Granted I could give you the 4P roll which is basically the easiest of it all (I think I just have them do Area 6 and that's it), but I don't want to push you.  The difference between 3P and 4P if it comes to that is only a few minutes.  I have the route for 2P, 3P, and 4P all worked out.  I've just wanted 4P because SDA basically considers MP MP, regardless of # of people.

Quote from Kubelwagon:
Quote from Sir VG:
NiDL would be fun too, but only really for a race.  I know MZ was a bit out of practice, but given all that she was doing for the last marathon, it was totally understandable.  Hopefully romscout won't chicken out. Tongue

You. Me. On the playground. After school.

Yeah, if NiDL is in, we're racing. Tongue

Sounds good.  You're on, if it's on.

Quote from THEMANMIKE:
KubelWagon: I know I said NiDL is a good idea in my first post, but I'm not as sure now. If a race happens, then it might be worth doing again.

I'm fine with doing as a race if time allows for it.  If not, at least if I get Amazing Mirror, Kirby will be happy. >(^_^)> ^(^_^)^ <(^_^)<
Edit history:
Carcinogen: 2011-07-02 01:42:44 am
Quote from Ekudeht:
Doom on any difficulty other than Nightmare isn't worth watching.:p  If I was more adept at PC controls I would run it.

I' d like to do SH1 but, to be reasonable, the game is too visually dark and wouldn't likely be good to watch online.

An RE:1 race with Carci would be fun but I don't think it would be popular; for a one hour run you could likely determine who was going to win based off the first 15-20 minutes of play - too difficult to make up for lost time anywhere.

Nobody said you couldn't run Doom on the XBLA version. Better you than me, I can't beat the game on any higher than Ultra Violence.

We'll race RE1 on our own time if you decide to come. You can't make up for lost time anywhere except by not fucking up. =p

Loser buys the drinks? =D