page  <- 1234567891011121314151617 <- 1 ... 17
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
DX, DXHR, MGR, TRA, GTA SA
Deus Ex

Since Deus Ex is out I would suggest to do a run.
I'm still learning the game though.

Estimate : 1:00:00

Otherwise I would just do it in Bonusstream.
Hockey enthusiast
Super Return of the Jedi - Easy or Jedi
Estimate: 00:40:00 / 00:55:00
Personal best: 28~ / 48~
Console: SNES (NTSC)

I withdrew this submissions before and would now like to throw it back into the mix.
Since Rayman finally won't be at ESA, I submit :

Rayman Origins any %
Estimate: 1:10:00
WR: 52:53 www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBsEDbU17F4
Personal best: 53:40 http://www.twitch.tv/ensgmaster/c/3355381
Console: PC/PS3
Or stupid% because 120 death abuses, but I really would like to show the skip that saves 1 hour on this game

Rayman Legends any %
Estimate: 1:45:00
WR: 1:25:23 www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap4u2ZqfKPY
Personal best: 1:25:57
Console: PC
Already at SGDQ but in a race. I can also show it with little route changes.

Important : I only can play late Friday/Saturday/Sunday, but I hope it's possible
Twitch account: www.twitch.tv/illudude

Goldeneye 007 100%
Estimate: 1:20
Personal best: 1:03:28
Console: Nintendo 64 (NTSC-JAP)
This category has been at AGDQ and SGDQ already, time to bring it to ESA.
Link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=l34Z65uX8dA
I am slightly confused. Is this just for filling the last few slots on the secondary stream? If so I would like to resubmit:

Quote from Paradox Karl:
1. Super Mario 64 DS - 50 star or 80 star
Estimate: 1:35:00 (80 star), 1:00:00 (50 star)
Personal Best: 80 star=1:29:35 (WR, unless you take runs without a video to count for WRs) (EDIT: Now 1:24:06), 50 star=53:57 (WR)
PB Link: 50 star=www.twitch.tv/paradox/c/2851532,
PB Link 2: 80 star=None (EDIT: new pb's video is here www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_F6i3P67zA)
Console: NDS

I am happy to do either category, 50 star has a pretty interesting skip at the end, 80 star has a bit more content. I think this game is a very interesting watch, especially for people who have seen SM64 runs, and won't realise how many different strats are possible in the DS version. My PBs are pretty improvable so I will probably get my 80 star down to about a 1:25:00 (Now Done) and/or my 50 star to sub 50 minutes by the time ESA comes around, depending on which gets accepted. Possible donation incentives for saving luigi and/or wario (in 50 star) or for saving wario (in 80 star).

Also, as greenalink will be there and he used to run the game, maybe he will want to race?

and

Quote from Paradox Karl:
2. Super Mario 64 - 1 star
Estimate: 15:00
Personal Best: 8:06 (WR is 7:36)
PB Link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUcGehN7NhE
Console: Wii VC (N64 game)

Popular game, short category that could be fitted in anywhere.

I am pretty sure chrism would want to race this is this got in.
I know one golf game is probably more than enough already but I thought I'd throw this one out there anyway.

Mario Golf 64 - Any%
Estimate: 15:00
Personal best: 11:50
Console: Wii VC (NTSC-U)
This category is nice and short as the goal is just to reach the credits as fast as possible. This is done by using a button combination at the title screen to unlock nearly everything in the game and then winning the Boo Classic tournament. It's nice because this course is the most interesting one in my opinion and is considered the hardest by most people that play the game.
Edit history:
Therio: 2014-07-05 11:08:49 am
That's a pity.
Marvel Land - Any% Normal difficulty
Estimate: 25:00
Personal best: 18:08
PB link:

Console: Sega Genesis
Unlike the Digest category, this category is not nearly as dictated by RNG and features quite a lot of warping around. It is, however, extremely light on glitches (there are none if everything goes well). Best part of the run is by far the routing that has gone into it, 50% of which is courtesy of my grandmother.
DS Dictator
Quote:
Also, as greenalink will be there and he used to run the game, maybe he will want to race?

I'm too sloppy enough to do a race. Wouldn't mind doing commentary and explain the key differences between the two versions.
#BlameBowserThrows
#BlameMovement
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
resubmitting:

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - any%
Personal Best: 1:18:56 (WR)
console: PC

The estimate is high because 1 death already takes up to 1-2 minutes and there aren't really marathon safe strats ^^''
Smörgåsbord
Donkey Kong - 75.000 points race
Estimate: 20:00
Personal Best: 00:08:25
Console: NES

Just a fun race I could do vs. Nudua or someone els if they wants to.

Could probably fit more in one of the open block stuff! happy
The results are in
Catherine - any% (hard)
Estimate: 2:30:00
Personal best 2:13:18.38
Console: PS3

Puzzle game where your goal is to climb each tower presented to you. You make paths for yourself by moving around blocks to build staircases and whatnot.  The puzzles always look the same, so every strategy for climbing is as consistent as it gets, except for during a few boss fights, and the last set of puzzles, due to some rng elements. The estimate is high because of the rng towards the later stages of the game. Which of the three true endings I get could be a donation incentive.
The earliest I'll be able to record a run is friday next week, because that's when I'll have all the neccessary equipment.
Edit history:
S.: 2014-07-06 10:30:30 am
Dear Esther - reach the end
Estimate: 24:46
Personal best 19:46

With donation incentive for handscam, I'd like the opportunity to show a major audience how physically straining this run actually is, and is not just a W-simulator. Plus there's deathwarps, one of which is of moderate difficulty.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from JangBang:
Catherine - any% (hard)
Estimate: 2:30:00
Personal best 2:13:18.38

Puzzle game where your goal is to climb each tower presented to you. You make paths for yourself by moving around blocks to build staircases and whatnot.  The puzzles always look the same, so every strategy for climbing is as consistent as it gets, except for during a few boss fights, and the last set of puzzles, due to some rng elements. The estimate is high because of the rng towards the later stages of the game. Which of the three true endings I get could be a donation incentive.
The earliest I'll be able to record a run is friday next week, because that's when I'll have all the neccessary equipment.

So, erm, how much for blindfolded? Wink
The results are in
Quote:
So, erm, how much for blindfolded? Wink

All of it would be way too hard to learn on such short notice, but I could probably do some of the first nightmares.
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean - Any%
Estimate: 15h50
Personal best: 15:36:31
Console: GameCube (PAL) (Apparently not slower than NTSC because of "optimized 50Hz")
Link: www.twitch.tv/baffan/c/3462063

Resubmitting with 10 less minutes in the estimate. Deal with it.
Edit history:
Nikneim: 2014-07-07 09:17:03 pm
Nikneim: 2014-07-07 11:36:05 am
Nikneim: 2014-07-07 10:58:32 am
Nikneim: 2014-07-07 10:58:14 am
Nikneim: 2014-07-07 10:53:10 am
Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Full Ghost% Normal difficulty
Estimate: 2:40:00
Personal best: 2:22:43
Link: http://www.twitch.tv/nikneim_/c/4614545 (WR?)

It's the newest installment in the Splinter Cell series, where you can play as Ghost, Panther or Combat. Certain actions award you points related to that action, so the run will be focusing in using Non-Lethal weapons, gadgets and takedowns, and going past enemies unnoticed. There's an introduction in the start, but that's skipped immediately. The run won't die if I get wrong points at any point, only thing that matters is that at the end screen of the level, the Ghost icon is golden, meaning that you got enough points. There are points in the game where you have to do Combat and/or Panther actions, but as I said, it doesn't doom the run at all. Getting spotted means that you have to reset a checkpoint, because if you advance after that, it will register as evading and that gives Panther points. There's also a chance for a donation incentive for what color the light on Sam's suit could be.
Twitch account: http://www.twitch.tv/zoton2

Crash Bandicoot 2 -  Any% No Game Over Abuse
Estimate: 55:00
Personal Best: 49:30
Console: PS1 (PAL, on PS2 with FDS)
Link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h5G2anFmb8
If I remember rightly this game was to be in the marathon until PeteThePlayer had to pull his games out. I am not as perfect as he is, but I still feel like I can demonstrate this speedrun well and show off most of the tricks and strats used. I have been grinding the game a lot recently before this submission and got my time down quite a bit, and it should be even lower before ESA. Would be nice to have a least 1 Crash platformer this year!

Below is a resubmission of my earlier game submission that got cut in the first round, but I thought I would submit it again anyway because what have I got to lose? I would rather have the submission above get in than this one though.

The Simpsons: Hit & Run - All Story Missions
Estimate: 2:15:00
Personal Best: 2:05:18
Link: http://www.twitch.tv/zoton2/c/3682179
A GTA "clone" which shares simularites to the earlier 3D GTA games, but has enough variation to make it different than all of the other GTA games. A cult classic that many people remember playing when they were younger, and probably found quite difficult nearer the end. "All Story Missions" (sometimes called "All Missions" or "skip-less") is similar to Any%, except you are not allowed to use the skip-mission option that the game allows after failing a mission a number of times, which is both boring to play and watch. I've never seen this run at any big events.
Edit history:
Grokken: 2014-07-10 09:39:52 am
Octodad: Dadliest Catch - Any% (Old levels)
Estimate: 00:30:00
Personal best: 19:17
Link: http://www.twitch.tv/grokken/c/4634663

A game about a perfectly normal dad doing household tasks and and taking his children to the aquarium. A crazy chef tries to murder Octodad because he thinks Octodad is an octopus (silly huh?). A fairly fast paced game with skippable cutscenes, there is almost no downtime. It has a few skips and glitches, but the game is mostly about having good movement. The game concept is hilarious in itself, and speedrunning it makes it even funnier because youre flopping around all over the place while trying to go really fast.
from PAListan
God of War 3 - any% NG+ glitched
Personal best: 1:29:49 (WR)
Link: http://www.twitch.tv/exe_de/c/4496338

This game is completely broken (especially in the NG+ categorie). It has very cool and funny (Kratos transforms into Jesus Christ etc.) glitches and also a nice Donation Incentive: you can choose out of 9! different Voice (dubs not subs!) Languages.
Among the Sleep - Any%
Estimate: 00:30:00
Personal best: 23:16
Link: http://www.twitch.tv/rumiko/c/4635458 - I'm on .5 upload during the summer so excuse the quality.
Toddler POV survival horror released in May. Short and full of cool tricks. Can get a bit slow during teddy parts, other than that there's clips and boosts all over the place.
Teddy deadtime best used to spell things like http://i.imgur.com/YcVoqM4.png
Edit history:
Gaël: 2014-07-10 02:37:06 pm
Twitch account: twitch.tv/gaeldemarseille

Final Fantasy III - Any% with game end glitch
Estimate: 20:00 (minutes not hours :p )
Personal best: 7:06 (last input) or ~13:xx (the end)
Console: Famicom or Wii Virtual Console (Japanese only)
This run isn't the most exciting run to be featured in a marathon, it's 7 minutes of walking around, intro cutscene and menuing all in japanese. But calling the end of the game during a random encounter while messing up with the inventory is a nice glitch, and as far as I know, SirVG's run at C4L 2014 was well received by the viewers.
My run will also include steps count manipulation to avoid all random encounters (even if viewers can't see encounters you avoid)
The estimate I gave (20min) could seem high (all run should be under 8minutes, 9 minutes with "never happenned before" RNG) but I'd like to let the credits roll until "The End" which add 6 minutes to the run
Link: youtube.com/watch?v=OVVfahZWiuU

I'm willing to have this run as a bonus game incentive for one of the FF games at ESA, if the schedule crew think it's best.
Edit history:
Chrno: 2014-07-11 11:59:05 am
Chrno: 2014-07-11 11:58:45 am
Chrno: 2014-07-11 11:54:28 am
WOW.
Due to the fact that you're re-doing a lot of games for the schedule, I figured that I would say this now rather than closer to the marathon.

I'm unfortunatly going to have to drop my Shadow Tower run from the second stream due to the fact that all of my time in the last few months has been committed to polishing the Croc run. I could theoretically do the run, but finding a copy of the game at a price I'm happy with has been a pain and I just don't think the run is of a good enough quality to show yet. I'd rather another runner have a chance to show their game than me stumble through a game I have not practiced enough. Might do it though emulator on bonus stream though, don't know yet. Will defenatly offer it for next year though!

Also, no one is more annoyed that I'm dropping it than myself so don't get all mad.

Hope you all understand! Looking forwards to ESA a lot :).
$15 per rant/allegory
Just so that you're aware, the final schedule (conflicts and errors pending) will be out tomorrow evening, sometime around 9pm-midnight.