Smiley
Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314151617 -> <- 1 .. 11 .. 17 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
A new skip that saves about 10 minutes was found for Super Mario Sunshine yesterday so the estimate should be cut down by that amount now. I'd still by far prefer to do 120 shines (especially if racing samura1man), but it's worth noting that this new skip will likely only be used for any% I guess.
Twitch account: http://www.twitch.tv/wyddgames

Antichamber - 120 signs
Estimate: 20:00
Personal best: 13:29.57
Console: PC
This game is a popular indy FPS-Puzzle game which can mess with your brain pretty badly. This game has a fairly small but active community and the run requires precise FPS execution as well as tons of little tricks that makes it really entertaining (lag exploit, wall and platform clipping...). I suggest the 120 signs category which consists in collecting every signs that you can find throughout the game. There are two benefits: 1) this shows approximately the entire game (which many people did not see) 2) it gives us time to explain all of what is going on.
Here's my current PB: http://www.twitch.tv/wyddgames/c/3300656
Edit history:
icedpingu: 2014-03-09 06:05:28 pm
icedpingu: 2014-02-24 04:27:05 pm
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
        Twitch account: www.twitch.tv/icedpingu

1. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Any%
Estimate: 01:55:00 01:45:00
Personal best: 01:24:19 (WR)
Link: http://www.twitch.tv/icedpingu/c/3856535
BC2 is the direct sequel to Battlefield: Bad Company (1), which was only released on console(PS3/X360). The player takes control of Preston Marlowe, one of the members of the titular "Bad Company".
Each mission is divided into a series of objectives, often interspersed with cutscenes which simulate the style of war films.
The Bad Company series is known for his humor, even in the hardest fights they have time to make jokes.
I've started a month ago speedrunning this game and isn't really easy at all. My personal best was bad run, because I died a lot at the end.
I can cut about 10 minutes and more, so when I try harder I think a sub 01:30:00 is possible (so the estimate could be dropped to 01:45:00).
There could be also a donation incentive not skipping the cutscenes which would raise the estimate about 10 minutes, but it would be worth for the humor/story.

2ND STREAM (2., 3. and 4.)
2. Rock Band - Full band (vocals)
Estimate: N/A
Personal best: N/A
Console: XBOX360
I have Rock Band 1,2 and The Beatles, but I've never played the third one.
If you need a singer for certain songs, let me know.

3. Island Peril - Any%
Console: PC (MS-DOS) - can be played on DOS-BOX without any issues
This is one of the title you would see on Awful Games Done Quick. Awful GFX, awful sounds, awful controls and the top of it: Awful actors in cutscenes!
I think everyone should see this game, especially the intro in this game - hilarious. Just look at the cover: http://i.imgur.com/fWI0N8j.jpg
There is only one YouTube video about this game, where a guy couldn't even finish the first level... Yeah it is so bad.
I haven't finished one run yet, because you can't really save in this game, but I would say a estimate about 1 hour should be enough.

4. Payday 2 - 4 Player CO-OP (with tocophonic, AMVX and Heinki)
Payday 2 is a COOP first-person shooter made by a Swedish game company. It is the sequel to Payday: The Heist, but the game is a lot different than the first one.
In the game, players plan and carry out various heists and robberies by using a combination of teamwork stealth and firearms.
You can't really speedrun this game, because there is no story and you can only choose different missions(on CRIME.net).
But I think it is nice to show some missions - bank heists and jobs in stealth mode.
Stealth mode means as long as there is no police, SWAT, FBI or whatever, you are allowed to do everything (kill people, kill guards, blow things up, etc.).
People in chat could decide which mission are we gonna do in stealth mode (there are some jobs that you can't finish it on stealth!).
And yeah we are still looking for a 4th person, because one of our friends can't travel to Sweden, so feel free to join us.
The only condition is you have to be at least LVL 60 in PD2.
DX, DXHR, MGR, TRA, GTA SA
@ Icedpingu, If I should go to ESA I would join the Payday2 coop action. Got enough experience with the game so that shouldn't be the problem. Cheesy
[I'd like to add another game, I put it here but I can edit my original post]

twitch account : http://www.twitch.tv/twyn_o

Donkey kong country return : tropical freeze
estimate: 1:30:00
PB: TBA
Console: WiiU
I picked up this game today and I defnitely know I'm going to run this game. I never even did a single complete run, but I had an ok pb at Donkey kong country return. It's a very technical plateformer, very tense and fun to watch. I'll post my runs on my youtube account as soon as I get decent at it. I'm just throwing it out here in case you find it interesting to get such a recent game at ESA. Maybe on second stream since I cant assure I'll be wr holder until then ?
Edit history:
AMVX: 2014-02-25 12:20:23 am
www.twitch.tv/amvx
If we're doing PAYDAY: The Heist or PAYDAY 2 on second stream, then I am definitely in. 193/Infamous V for a reason.

I can get the developers on Skype for that section as well if it happens.
Edit history:
ThaRixer: 2014-02-25 08:01:21 am
ThaRixer: 2014-02-25 07:59:10 am
Dog
4. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX: Kingdom Hearts Final Mix - Any% (Beginner Mode)
Estimate: 3:20:00
Personal best: 3:14:26 [WR is 2:54:21]
Console: PS3 PAL
RoryExtraLife and Slyzer already submitted this game, i'd be up for racing, i will almost guarantee that if this gets accepted, i'll get a sub 3 time before ESA. I will definetly improve by a ton, since im still new to this game, and a race against slyzer would be pretty even
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/mrsgizamaluke

1. Diddy Kong Racing - 100% Race against DrZaph or by myself
Estimate: 02:30:00
Personal best: 02:19:36
Console: Nintendo 64 (NTSC-J)
This is a fun racing game with a lot of neat tracks (as in both levels and sound!), boss battles and mini-games. You use three different vehicles, which is good for the variation. People who haven't seen speedruns of this game will be surprised by the speed. It has cutscene skips and some cool out of bounds glitches as well. A race with another good runner should bring a lot more hype to the marathon!
Link to PB: www.twitch.tv/mrsgizamaluke/c/3712903

2. Diddy Kong Racing - Any% Race against DrZaph or by myself
Estimate: 01:10:00
Personal best: 01:01:55
This category breaks the game with glitches. It shows that you can complete this game without even doing half of the tracks. The glitches are really cool, but pretty inconsistent and RNG based. It is also a little repetitive since you do the first four tracks over and over.
Edit history:
DrZaph: 2014-02-25 04:28:12 pm
Twitch account: www.twitch.tv/drzaph

1.  Diddy Kong Racing – 100% Race against MrsGizamaluke
Estimate: 2:30:00
Personal Best: 2:28:08
This game makes for good speedruns as the entire game keeps a high tempo, there’s little downtime except for the mid-game credits. None of the tracks are alike, and racing with three different vehicles makes for quite a varying game to watch. When executed correctly the game looks really cool, and people only having played it casually will be really surprised by how fast you can complete the tracks. It’s well suited for a live-streamed race, as the route is pretty much set and won’t differ between the two players it will be easy for viewers to keep up!
Link to PB: www.twitch.tv/drzaph/c/3787511

2. Diddy Kong Racing – Any% Race against MrsGizamaluke
Estimate: 1:10:00
Personal Best: NA
Any% is a considerably shorter run of Diddy Kong Racing, cutting the time to less than half of the 100% time. Basicly, you glitch your way through the game, but those glitches also makes this category a bit repetitive, as you run the first four courses a total of six times.

3. Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune – Any%
Estimate: 2:00:00
Personal Best: 2:02:28 (WR, but will improve by a lot before ESA)
Console: PS3
This game was a huge deal when it was released, becoming one of its year’s most sold and spoken about games. However it never quite hit the speedrunning community, and hence this will be the first time most people sees it as a speedrun. The run has a bunch of huge glitches, skipping entire chapters of the game. These huge glitches should be interesting to watch.
Link to PB: www.twitch.tv/drzaph/c/3747832
Edit history:
Noizeeh: 2014-02-26 06:28:16 am
Noizeeh: 2014-02-26 06:28:03 am
Noizeeh: 2014-02-26 06:27:48 am
Noizeeh: 2014-02-26 06:27:30 am
Got it memorized?
Twitch account: www.twitch.tv/Noizeeh

2. A Hat in Time - All Hourglasses - Of the current content that is released during ESA 2014
Personal best: My personal best for All hourglasses - of the current content is : 14:33
A Hat in Time is a 3D collect-a-thon platformer in the spirit of the beloved Nintendo and Rare games from the Nintendo 64 era. Think Banjo-Kazooie, The Legend of Zelda and Super Mario 64 all in one! The game features Hat Kid, a girl who travels time and space to protect the world from the evil Mustache Girl! This game is a very fast, high skill speedrun. It has almost 0 RNG and it takes alot of execution to do well. The game has very interesting level design and here are two videos of two IL's done by iRule!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN7FJ04C-oA&list=UU7F6RVxpUy-p4AGUXajLluA

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqN05T4OslM&feature=c4-overview&list=UU7F6RVxpUy-p4AGUXajLluA

And heres my current PB :
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtEWa40MdL8
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from MrsGizamaluke:
Diddy Kong Racing

Oh my god yes, yes, yes. I'm not biased at all when it comes to DKR... Still hum the tunes from Walrus Cove from time to time!
Edit history:
Pottoww: 2014-02-26 08:02:43 am
Pottoww: 2014-02-26 08:02:15 am
Pottoww: 2014-02-26 08:02:10 am
Pottoww: 2014-02-26 08:02:09 am
Quote from MrsGizamaluke:
Estimate: 02:30:00
Personal best: 02:19:36
Quote from DrZaph:
Estimate: 2:30:00
Personal Best: 2:28:08

Do you think you could improve those DKR times and by how much?
Edit history:
Gyoo: 2014-02-27 01:19:37 am
The cake is a lie
Delete this post, I picked the wrong topic
Edit history:
DrZaph: 2014-02-27 09:43:23 am
@Pottoww - MrsGizamaluke will reduce his time by a couple of minutes, and I will make sure to get as good as him, won't be a good race if I'm a lot worse.
Edit history:
Partystar: 2014-02-27 03:55:49 pm
Twitch account: www.twitch.tv/denderend

1. Donkey Kong Country Returns - any%
Estimate: 01:50:00
Personal best: 01:35:27
Console: Wii
One of the best games for the Wii. Fast paced, beautiful graphics ,a nice soundtrack and a lot of Wii mote shaking!
Twitch account: www.twitch.tv/bangerra

1. DuckTales 2 - Any% or Good Ending
Estimate: 0:20:00
Personal best: 0:16:xx (good ending)
Console: NES NTSC (I don't have the cart though, will need to borrow or use someone's powerpak)
I raced dxtr last year in good ending (and failed) so I want that rematch!

2. DuckTales 1 - Any%
Estimate: 00:10:00
Personal best: 0:07:38
Console: NES NTSC
Raced dxtr last year, but Nudua is now the better player. If you guys want a 3-way race this can be a thing, but if not let dxtr/nudua race.

3. DuckTales 1 GB - Any%
Estimate: 0:15:00
Personal best: 0:09:27 (WR)
Console: GB
GameBoy Ports! Filler runs, the games are quite different from the NES ones making it somewhat interesting.
( www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9bb9RvLjcI )

4. DuckTales 2 GB - Good Ending
Estimate: 0:25:00
Personal best: 0:18:21 (WR)
See DT1 GB ( www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRmlAk7Sfm8 )

5. 40 Winks - Any%
Estimate: 0:55:00
Personal best: 0:45:36 (WR)
Console: PS1 PAL
Rather unknown PS1 3D platformer in the style of Banjo-Kazooie. The goal is to collect 40 Winks (dream bunnies). Due to some severe glitching and OoB however, I skip about 75% of the game and collect a grand total of 0 Winks.
( www.twitch.tv/bangerra/c/3398913 )

6. The Lion King - Any%
Estimate: 0:10:00
Personal best: 0:06:24 (WR)
Console: NES PAL
Everyone liked it last time, and it has only gotten more optimised!
( www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZqfOcYYD34 )

7. Kirby's Dream Land - Any%
Estimate: 0:15:00
Personal best: 0:11:45
I like Kirby, you like Kirby, everyone likes Kirby
( www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qpCRkss-V4 )

8. The Addams Family - Any%
Estimate: 0:05:00
Personal best: 0:01:31 (WR)
Race vs. Chucat! It's short and completely broken. ( www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bm3RW_fvZo )

9. Ninja Gaiden Shadow - Any%
Personal best: 0:13:50
The best Ninja experience you can have on GB. ( www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC1Ps2wpiqY )

10. Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare - Any%
Estimate: 0:30:00
Personal best: 0:24:05 (WR)
Console: GBC
Uhm.. This is the best way to give our audience epilepsy. Interesting game, bad choice of screen transition colour (bright white against a very dark game). This plays like a handheld RE game with digitised graphics on GBC.

11. TaleSpin - Any%
Personal best: 0:16:47 (WR)
Console: NES NTSC
Because Svenne told me so. ( www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyswq331Nj0 )

12. Deadly Creatures - Any%
Estimate: 2:10:00
Personal best: 1:53:16 (WR)
Console: Wii PAL
Because I can? Game is incredibly unreliable, can softlock literally anywhere, can make the final boss invincible, deaths without reason etc.. Can be a decent watch during the dark hours though (if we need filler).

I could submit more, but I'll go with these.. Please don't make me do them all like last year.

Twitch account: http://www.twitch.tv/ultimaomega07

1. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas - any%, preferably race with Joshimuz, Tirean and/or eidgod
Estimate: 5:50:00
Personal best: 5:39:36 (WR)
Link to PB as of the date of submission: http://http://www.twitch.tv/ultimaomega07/c/3203164 PB will be closer to 5:20 come June.

Race with all the big SA runners would be sweet. Lots of new strats found since last ESA and the run is quite a bit cooler now IMO.
Edit history:
Meridianprime: 2014-03-02 06:00:34 am
Quote from Meridian:
Player : Meridianprime
Twitch : http://nl.twitch.tv/meridianprime

Some of my games got improved so I'll update the times with a new post.

1. GTA V - Any% coop with KVD & J4sp3rr
Estimate: 9h-10h >> 9h
Personal best: 11h+ >> 8h 52mins
Platform : PS3

Donation incentives
- Real Live cutscene replay ("Did someone say Yoga?")
- Ending: Kill Trevor (Option A), Kill Michael (Option B), Save both (Option C)
- Wearing masks during blitz play heist
- Haircuts
- Many more to think of

3. Rocket Birds - Any% co-op with TheGons
Estimate : 45 minutes
Personal best : sub 45 >> 42m 15s
Platform : PC
I stand corrected... just did another GTA V run.
Crushed our PB with another ~20 minutes down to 8h 30m Smiley
Twitch account: www.twitch.tv/wmjspeedruns

1. F-Zero X – Staff Ghosts
Estimate: 0:50:00
Personal best: 0:41:30
Console: N64 NTSC
This game was featured last year at ESA as well and I really enjoyed playing as a GP Master run. The benefit of the staff ghosts run is that I would be racing against the staff ghosts on all tracks which would essentially eliminate CPU RNG trolls and allow for more risky (spectacular) strategies. Could be a nice variation considering GP has already done.

2. F-Zero X – Death Race
Estimate: 0:05:00
Personal best: 0:00:28
This is a fun little run for F-Zero X. It is very heavy RNG dependent so hence the difference between estimate and best time. My best run for this is on SDA. Could be a nice addition after either a staff ghost or GP run. 5 min is more for setup if it is separate because it’s never really over 1 minute.

3. F-Zero X – Master GP
Estimate: 0:50:00
Personal best: 0:39:30

Same run that was featured at ESA last year but now with resets to skip victory scenes so how it is raced on SRL.
Twitch account: http://www.twitch.tv/dead4man/

1. Portal - any%, inbounds (with save-glitches), race with Xebaz and Wakecold
Estimate: ~20:00
Personal best: 17:58 (17:27 loadless)

There is no VOD of current PB, but an older run can be found here: http://www.twitch.tv/dead4man/c/3676588

Would like to join the race, if Xebaz and Wakecold don't mind it. Technically I can get sub 16:30 loadless with some training (maybe lower). But because of personal life related issues I can't do any serious runs for the next month or two. So I'm hoping to get back on track around the end of April.
Devil May Cry 1 - any% Normal difficulty
Estimate: 01:25:00
Personal best: 01:11:32
Console: Playstation 3

An interesting game to run, It does not have the usual clip through wall strats, but instead using different strategies to reach places that most people wouldnt think about if they played this game casually. A kinda intense run, lots of bossfights with different strategies, game doesnt rely on RNG at all basically and just a fun game to play and watch. Still got a bunch of different strategies to learn so the time should go down with 1-2 minutes within the month

Link: http://www.twitch.tv/ancientae/c/3816075
A serious hand injury is preventing me from moving my left hand for several months. As a result, I won't be able to practice or run any of the games I submitted as they all require 2 hands (Saints Row 3 and 4, and Vice City). Apologies Sad
The cake is a lie
Quote from Tyr:
A serious hand injury is preventing me from moving my left hand for several months. As a result, I won't be able to practice or run any of the games I submitted as they all require 2 hands (Saints Row 3 and 4, and Vice City). Apologies Sad

Dang, that's really unfortunate. Hope you'll get well asap, you have all my support :/
Edit history:
BlackWin5: 2014-03-04 04:44:39 pm
I updated my original post (page 1 at the very bottom) with an additional submission.

Quote from BlackWin5:
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Sacred Cards - Any%
Estimate: 1:20:00
Personal Best: 58:11 [WR] http://www.twitch.tv/randomdigimonfan/c/3827969
Comment: Probably the best Yu-Gi-Oh! Game for speedrunning purposes. Its very fast paced and is very easy to understand for the viewer. Due to some routechanges it actually evolved into a fairly consistent run. Eventhough rng plays a role it can not kill the run(even if you lose a duel to bad RNG you wont lose much more time then dueltime+40 seconds). This submission would be a race between me and gcah2006. We actually both got a copy of the game but no gc/gameboyplayer. So if that could not be provided otherwise this submission can be ignored. gcah2006 has a pb of 1:00:30 http://www.twitch.tv/gcah2013dotr/c/3828097.