Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314151617 -> <- 1 .. 15 .. 17 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Dog
The community basicly rounded the 5 Kingdom Hearts game submissions down to 3. We have Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Beginner,  Proud mode and KH2 Final Mix Critical Mode. I'm going to list some ups and downs to inform the organizers on what the better pick would be. The community has also done the pick they want to see. First of all i wanna say picking a Kingdom Hearts game is a very good choice. It has lots of nostalgia, a big community, and are solid games in terms of speedrunning.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Beginner Mode:
Ups: It's the shortest one, around 3 hours, all the fights in the game go by relativly fast, and you're really powerful in beginner mode, so everything dies very fast and there is barelly any fear of you dying. It's one of the most optimized categories and a lot of people run it. Good run for people who hasn't seen the game before.
Downs: The word ''Beginner'' first of all will be very looked down upon by people who haven't played the game before, many people have beaten the game on higher difficulties than beginner, so picking it would be insulting to second time players. The first hour of the game (1/3 in fact) is mostly jumping and attacking (Air combos), since your strength is so good in beginner. Beginner doesn't have as many advanced strategies, so the variety is a bit low.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Proud Mode:
Ups: Playing on the highest difficulties gives people a taste of how difficult this game can be. The hardest difficulty gives first time watchers an immediate thought of ''Oh he's playing on hard, he must be good.'' Proud mode offers more strats than beginner, more summons are being used.
Downs: Proud has a few boss fights that take way longer than they should, and can be repetitive to watch.

Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix Critical Mode:
Ups: It's Critical Mode, now you know we're getting hardcore with the difficulties. The KH2 run from last year was on Regular KH2 and on Beginner mode. The level of play this year in Critical mode is way higher. The game has insane amounts of variety. Pretty much everything in the game is used. Limits, Drives, Abilities, and Summons are all used. Overall this game visually looks better, is more flashy than KH 1.5, has more worlds and most people think it's the better game of the two. The game has the least amount of RNG as well, and Bl00dy is a pretty talented runner, so he won't die as much as most people would do on their playthroughs on critical mode. which makes for a consistant run.
Downs: It's the longest out of the 3 games we picked. It was picked last year, in terms of the game there is nothing really bad about it, except for the fact that 1.5 would be in HD, so it would look a bit better than 2, but it's such a minimal complaint.

If you do end up picking 2 KH games, that would be sweet, since the pick was really hard for us. And 1.5 hasn't gotten to show in a marathon at all. Our community pick for ESA would be KH 2 Final Mix (Critical Mode). Reasons explained above.
UPDATE!

Player: Zwajken
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/zwajken

1. Eternal Darkness Any%
New record as of today (23-03/14): 2:21:46 (Old one was 2:28:48)
Estimate: about 2:40 maybe?

Video of run - http://www.twitch.tv/zwajken/c/3940185

I prob can get sub 2:20 with a bit practice. Let me know if you wanna know something more.
Edit history:
Twiggimuz: 2014-04-02 04:51:10 pm
Twiggimuz: 2014-03-24 07:27:41 am
Dishonored Any% - Me and Virrward want to race each other. I have already put myself in for Dishonored, so is this a possibility. And if not can Virrward take my place if we aren't racing ?

If he can't that's totally fine im still perfectly ok to run.

My PB - 38:45

His PB - 37:38
Quote:
Osu! - Any% – Seriphe
For the Osu! Games, we really need video and your history. People can watch teams of four people perfect songs on twitch so we have very high standards.

Like I said I cannot provide any videos due to not having any capture device for the DS. I wouldn't promise that I could play the songs perfectly, most I could get full combo on (which the game counts as "perfect") with enough training but if you think that's not up to standards I understand. I don't especially have much of a "history" aside from playing Osu! on the computer for several years.
1. Halo 3 - Legendary any%
Estimate: 2:30:00
PB: TBA
Comment: Would love to get into this run for this, as i see Hiipfire offered up easy, i would like to offer up legendary. Very fun run, lot's of strategy and AI manipulation.

Twitch: www.twitch.tv/sebrings_
I'm a Stegosaurus!
Quote from ESA:
Quote from Yvathacal:
Yeah, think Ill drop Gargoyle's Quest for ESA. No motivation to run it even if playing on gameboy, other than that I really didn't see any improvement in my times.
And I doubt I'll be able to get good soon so ehh.

No problem. Maybe next year!

I feel so sad about this, Gargoyle's Quest is a great game :/

(If you guys still would like to have the game on the schedule, i could just get back to it for ESA (yeah i know i haven't offered it, but that was because i thought it wouldn't be that great cause of all the random encounters). Shouldn't be too big of a deal. My PB is 28:00 which is WR, just if you still consider having the game after all :P)
This is my avatar
UPDATE: I withdraw from the proposals. Won't be able to be at ESA this year. Sad
Edit history:
Yvathacal: 2014-04-02 01:59:47 pm
Quote from Xer:
I feel so sad about this, Gargoyle's Quest is a great game :/

(If you guys still would like to have the game on the schedule, i could just get back to it for ESA (yeah i know i haven't offered it, but that was because i thought it wouldn't be that great cause of all the random encounters). Shouldn't be too big of a deal. My PB is 28:00 which is WR, just if you still consider having the game after all :P)

I'm just too ass to get a good time and I hope I'll get good at it sometime.

Hopefully you can do it at ESA though if they allow it, the game is good and enjoyable if the runner is actually good at the game.

And I know you are good at it.
What?
I'm going to have to withdraw myself - it is looking far too unlikely for me to be able to attend this year Sad
Edit history:
icedpingu: 2014-04-06 04:52:16 pm
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote:
Island Peril - Any% – icedpingu
Some estimates and video would be good.

Estimate: 1:10:00
A sub 1hour run is possible if I didn't messed up the last level (boss really hid from me XD) and the game crashed also on this level -_-
Video can be found here: http://www.twitch.tv/icedpingu/c/4021642
Unfortunately due to money shortages, I'm going to have to withdraw from this years ESA Sad which is a massive shame though. Have fun :3
Edit history:
Zeldagamer98: 2014-04-09 10:07:26 am
Zeldagamer98: 2014-04-09 10:05:44 am
Speedrunner from Germany
I hereby withdraw my submission for OoT Any% No RBA/WW since i really don't feel like that category atm so i didn't ran it at all and i don't feel comfortable doing it alone. I guess if there aren't enought ppl for a race i could do that if that's gonna be a thing. I really hope to get confirmed for OoT Any% tho since i do that like everyday atm. Also please let me know early enough if i can come since i need to do a donation stream then cause otherwise i probably can't come due to money shortages. Best would be through Skype which i think i posted. In case i didn't, it is zelda_gamer2101 Smiley
I've been thinking about a thing about ocarina of time.
If you think MST would be fitting but feel it is too long, I could perhaps do all dungeons instead which is about 20 minutes (or so depending on skill level) faster. it's a little more different route but skips a few tedious parts, but it was raced at agdq so don't know if it would be good, although I'm running on n64 and it has the fastest route and that route was not at agdq (vc route is close but a few extra tricks on n64). I know I did not suggest this in my posts but it's just a thought Smiley
Edit history:
Twiggimuz: 2014-04-18 09:36:12 am
Dishonored - Well we found 2 new AMAZING OOB's which i got in my new run which is 37:37 (was 39). I'm above Virrward now by 1 seconds so it would make it a good race but im still fine to run by myself as i am the once who put myself in in the first place.

PB - 37:37

Link -
Edit history:
Zzzlol94: 2014-04-15 08:24:29 pm
If there are plans for a 'Battle of the Bands' style Rock Band/Guitar Hero setup, or just a band, I could bring my own €1.5K drum kit along (someone would still need to bring a drum kit/midi adapter if it's for the 360) which is a lot better than the stock kits and I got a guitar for both 360 and PS3. And I could step in as anything on Expert(+).
Edit history:
Sly7745: 2014-04-16 12:59:41 am
I withdraw my submission of "Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze" as I have been having a lack of motivation for practicing that game. Its a great game and fun to watch being speedrunned, so its nice to see the other 2 people having submitted the game for the marathon. I still hope I get to speedrun one of my other submissions at the marathon.
Edit history:
Trineas: 2014-04-17 09:08:07 am
Trineas: 2014-04-17 09:06:59 am
Trineas: 2014-04-17 09:06:29 am
Trineas: 2014-04-17 09:06:09 am
Trineas: 2014-04-17 09:05:06 am
Trineas: 2014-04-17 09:03:24 am
Trineas: 2014-04-17 09:00:06 am
Trineas: 2014-04-17 08:59:51 am
Trineas: 2014-04-17 08:59:42 am
Trineas: 2014-04-17 08:58:14 am
Trineas: 2014-04-17 08:57:27 am
プラズマ
Quote from ESA:
Some video and info please.

Alright, better late than never.

Mystical Ninja 2 Starring Goemon
I finally got around to recording a run of Mystical Ninja 2 Starring Goemon with commentary, where I explain the current route and glitches.
Here it is:
http://www.twitch.tv/trineas/c/4082717

There's also a Trick Compilation made by the only other runner (in the west) of this game:

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
I dont really have the time and motivation to go back to that game currently, so I will have to remove this from my submissions.

So yeah, Im placing my hopes on MN2SG, for the reasons I mentioned before.
Both games enjoy the same amount of popularity anyway.
I know suggestion are closed but this is really minor
After seeing Pokémon Yellow glitched as a donation incentive on the SGDQ schedule, I thought it'd be a good idea to offer Pokémon Green Glitched in addition to my offer of Fire Red for ESA. It's a <5 minute single segment run and involves a really simple glitch but it'd be neat to have it as a little bonus as not as many people will have seen the game - it's a weird glitch with wrong warps and glitched up graphics. I don't own the cart but I know the execution. Should Fire Red + Green make the schedule I'd buy it immediately. I would be happy to offer the cart as a prize for people who donate towards it seeing as I'd only be buying it for the marathon anyway.
Edit history:
tdawg: 2014-04-18 10:39:25 pm
tdawg: 2014-04-18 10:35:58 pm
tdawg: 2014-04-18 10:34:30 pm
tdawg: 2014-04-18 10:25:19 pm
Silent Hill 2

Since I first posted my game submission two months ago, a lot has changed in respects to the routing of the game, So I thought I would update my game submission Smiley

Category: any%
Estimate: Allocating time for setup, showing off cool stuff, playing it safe in terms of RNG, I would allocate 1 hour and 20 minutes. 
Personal best: 1 hour and 9 minutes [49:53 In-game - Current WR is 46:56]
Console: PC

Link to my PB video: 
www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-cb6txSotE  (I didn't explain the run off for the most part since I was more focused on beating my PB) 

Silent Hill 2 is  regarded as one of the best horror games ever , even 13 years after it's initial release. The speedrun has never been done before at any ESA/GDQ like event so it would be something new and unique to the marathon.

Up to three weeks ago, the run had no glitches however Shunpuk (a fellow SH speedrunner) found a interesting bug with the quick-save mechanic in game. Basically he discovered that if you quicksave near a invisible barrier which triggers text,  you can get passed it. This leads to some very interesting skips. Amongst other things, we can skip the entire sequence of picking up the bat/radio at the start of the game by doing this glitch. A few other useless tricks exist that would make showing this game off at a marathon great.

For example, we can moonwalk out of bounds at the very start of the game:

Various donation incentives do exist for this game. I suppose the biggest one I could suggest is perhaps going for the dog ending (Link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUDcSeUvkOw) . I could also arrange for some sort of  game related prizes to be acquired.

My current PB is 49 minutes and 53 seconds and the current WR is 46:56. I am working to bring this down further and further however even at the time I have now, I would be comfortable running the game as I have most of the strategies nailed down and I beat the goal I wanted to break for this game when I first posted here. I can still improve my time just by focusing on girding out the RNG / movement more I guess.
Grand Theft Auto 3
Mission%

Some time ago, PeteThePlayer and I were discussing mission% if it were to come at ESA.
I wonder if it's possible to have a race there, since I think it would definitely make it more enjoyable to watch.
(Of course ESA and Pete would have to agree with this)

My time is: 3:27:46 (WR)
Edit history:
NicoTn: 2014-04-22 09:26:09 am
Sadly i have to pull out due to monetary issues Sad

Shadow Warrior 2013 is my game.
I'll have to withdraw from ESA this year, due to an unexpected lack of money T_T
I'm so sorry not to be able to come, but I hope I'll will next year.

My game is Klonoa 1 (Wii) & RE4:Separate Ways.
I found a new job during the summer and can't get vacation during the esa event. So sadly i have to withdraw my game submissions. Luckily only the 25 min game Kanye Quest 3030 made it through the cuts so it won't affect the planning too much.
from PAListan
Jolzi Sad

That withdraw makes me a little bit sad, but it's a good news for your personal future life.
Edit history:
Sunblade: 2014-05-27 03:27:22 am
Sunblade: 2014-05-27 03:26:02 am
Sunblade: 2014-05-17 01:30:55 pm
Sunblade: 2014-05-17 09:43:43 am
Only Offense Will Survive
Delete.