Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314151617 -> <- 1 .. 14 .. 17 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1.Super Mario World - 96 Exits
Currently my PB is 1:27:35 while i was running on emulator, i switched to console 3 days ago and my current time there is 1:30:01
the current WR for this game is 1:23:37 by linkdeadx2 this category is very optimized as it is
Before ESA i'd like to hae a 1:26:xx pb atleast.
I am practicing everyday and streaming everyday pretty much

twitch.tv/se7endeadlysins
I love speedruns!
Quote:
Resident Evil 3 - Any% – Hetsig
We need some info about your run, times and video etc.

Video:
Info: I haven't played RE3 in awhile as i didn't know if i were going to ESA with it or not. But as i'm still in i will start hard practice on it after IEM finals are done.
If i can i will try to stream it as much as i can until ESA comes.
RUN Info: As of now i need to train on remembering everything, this will come automatically when i've played a lot.
Not sure if i'm going for Quick Shot strats or not as i don't think it's marathon consistent. (

I will keep the practice thread updated on what i'm doing and stuff.

My goal for my RE3 run is below 50 minutes as of now. World Record is 44:06 i believe. An end time that i'm aiming for is 46-47 minutes, then i'm happy. Under that is RNG grinding as hell.
Edit history:
WERY: 2014-03-16 11:27:05 am
The Duce
Video was requested for Metal Storm and it is here:
http://www.break.com/video/ugc/metal-storm-usa-001516-2579534

I am currently working on a new PB, in this game, so I am counting on uploading a new PB, this spring
Edit history:
MLSTRM: 2014-03-16 12:37:33 pm
You can never run enough games
I didn't realise it said to post in the practice thread, sorry. Please delete this post.
Edit history:
JayFermont: 2014-03-16 01:54:22 pm
FFXIII and Mario Games, yup.
In regards to the New Super Mario Bros. U cut there's Any% which is 40 minutes and All Castles which is 1 hour 30 minutes - however I'm not interested in running either.
I'm also retiring my submission of Nitronic Rush since I cant keep up with the new found strategies.
Edit history:
Apjjm: 2014-03-16 02:32:12 pm
What?
Regarding Amnesia - While Deus ex Human Revolution: Directors Cut is still in the schedule I would rather focus on the one game I am actively pursuing WR in. In other words, you can withdraw my name from the amnesia titles and leave those games to shadowdraft - he is just way more practiced than me at the game, and is honestly the better choice of runner.
I also will try to get a much better video and time estimate than a throwaway one take route guide for dxhr dc in the practice thread soon - especially since i have found new glitches since i posted my estimate and time.
I'm going to work on my 120 personal best and will update if I get a good time before July
Edit history:
TimpZ: 2014-03-17 10:01:26 am
Quote:
Sonic Colours - Any% – TimpZ
We need you to be near that DSS time.

My sum of best is currently 52:25 real time, while the world record by DsS is 51:21 real time (who does a skip that saves 30 seconds that I don't bother with yet). I'm constantly minutes ahead of my PB every time I'm doing runs but there's a whole lot of stages, 45 of them in fact, and being consistent in all of them takes experience which I'm slowly gaining. I usually just post when I get a new PB in the practise thread but if you want I could make it more frequent and extensive.
Edit history:
steady: 2014-03-17 08:31:48 am
nope
Regarding Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

My current time is 1:47:51. Probably going for 1:46 before ESA.

Video: http://www.twitch.tv/steadyoh/c/3839501
Edit history:
KVD: 2014-03-17 08:43:15 am
KVD: 2014-03-17 08:28:06 am
Regarding UN Squadron:
My PR is 24min12s and Meridianprime's PR is 24min23s.

For GTA V, as Meridian wrote, our aim before ESA is sub 8 hours (at least). When the selection commity requires a video update, we'd be happy to oblige. Smiley
Also, I feel like stressing that eventhough the run is a co-op with 3 guys, the controller swapping dynamics do not cost us time.
The swapping animation takes a few seconds, allowing ample time to pass the controller. We usually know exactly when a swap will occur, so it's definitely not a chaotic process either.
DX, DXHR, MGR, TRA, GTA SA
Deus Ex Invisible War

I found a video of a runner of Deus Ex Invisible war and it took him 26:49

is the video and yeah, I heard that someone in my chat told me that invisible war would take like 15min So I posted that in the suggestion, but I found out that It will take lik 25-30min instead.

Payday 2 Coop
I would join the coop play of Payday 2 with AMVX, tocophonic and icedpingu.
Edit history:
Twiggimuz: 2014-03-19 02:34:09 am
Twiggimuz: 2014-03-19 02:33:55 am
Twiggimuz: 2014-03-18 01:43:19 am
Dishonored Any% - Well i went from a 53:38 to a 41:13 in just under a month. I speak with pretty much ALL the active runners of this game and non of them are going to ESA as of now. Half of them are from america and are not going and the ones from Europe said they either can't afford it or is to far away, but who knows what happens. And NLG kinda died recently but could bounce back, so they told me to put myself in because i have made really good and fast progress in just under a month and they said i can easily be like top 5 by july if i grind it like i am. All the other runners really want someone to run this game at ESA. I updated  my video and PB time on the main thread but its here too now.

PB - 41:13

Link - http://www.twitch.tv/twiggimuz/c/3900148
i can elaborate on klonoa 2, wr is 1:38:46, and as far as klonoa goes, it is the most popular game in the series. wr video is here http://www.twitch.tv/nub_hat/c/3235580
flicky wrote this!

Quote from stelzig:
sms any% Sad
Yes I believe i'm at a high enough level to challenge samura1man in a race in that too (i'm assuming this was the question since you didn't include him). You can see the leaderboard here if you want to judge yourselves: http://bombch.us/HA

Thanks for the link. We thought you were up to scratch but I couldn't find the leaderboards!

Quote from ThaRixer:
I definetly think more Kingdom Hearts runners should be involved in saying their opinion on what game would be the best for a marathon, not only spike.

Of course you guys are welcome to chip in. The reason we said Spike is because I've spoken with him about KH before and I trust his opinion.

Quote from Sunblade:
Regarding Plasmo: He is a friend of mine and since he is not that active here, I will provide some information:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frqo1yXSVX4 (Ch1)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6wML6U5kNc (Ch2)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsHIShmdugw (Ch3)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cLh4jSn02E (Ch4)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1CQRctDXCU (Ch5)

Plasmo is one of the strongest Ikaruga-Players in the world and very well known in the community. For more information please visit http://www.ikaruga.co.uk/
Plasmo will be your best choice for Ikaruga.

Thanks for that. We don't know anything about Ikaruga except that it's amazing.

Quote from j4sp3rr:
at the moment i am definitely not as good as the trauma center runner on sda, i am practising off stream from time to time but i understand if you feel my level is not high enough, i'll see what comes out of the discussion

Keep us posted!

Quote from EnNopp112:
I can confirm that I'm one of the four who's joining the Majora's Mask 100% co-op.

Brilliant. Thanks to other guys that said this. We have got confirmation from all four people now.

Quote from AMVX:
I can kind of answer for Icedpingu and PAYDAY 2.

It would be Iced, myself, Heinki and Tocophonic off his post. Like was mentioned, this isn't really a speed-runnable game, but more or something where you can complete a range of missions on the second stream. It's a great way to get multiple people involved and interacting. And I meant that for chat as well.

If it helps its case at all, I would be able to get the devs on Skype or similar for the game. You can see some streams of the game on my channel.

Thanks! We'll look into it.

Quote from Yvathacal:
Yeah, think Ill drop Gargoyle's Quest for ESA. No motivation to run it even if playing on gameboy, other than that I really didn't see any improvement in my times.
And I doubt I'll be able to get good soon so ehh.

No problem. Maybe next year!

Quote from PeteThePlayer:
Is Crash Twinsanity 100% cut out as well, or just Any%?

As for Klonoa 2, I do not even know what the WR is. I remember having seen a very good run that took around 1h46m if my memory serves right. I have actually done offline runs (because the 60Hz option speeds the game up and my capcard doesn't output 60Hz) and got a 1:58 on my practically first attempt. To give you an idea what it is you can watch this video of a segmented spliced run:
It's basically a side-scrolling platformer with pseudo-3D action going on in the back and foreground, sort of similar to the Hercules game that was offered as well. I am actually going to get a solid sub 1:50 first in this game and maybe see if sub 1:48 is okay. Just sucks that I cannot exactly record my runs or have any proof.

Keep us updated with the Crash 2/3 progress!

Twinsanity 100% is cut too.

We heard some more about Klonoa 2 and that sounds cool.

Quote from Trineas:
Quote from ESA:
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon - Any% – Trineas
Some video and info please.

I wont be giving up on MN2SG just yet, with the reasoning that theres going to be a run of MNSG at SGDQ already.
I feel like having the two games represented in each of the two marathons would be a lot more interesting in the big picture, not to mention that Pykn is the best western runner of MNSG and I am a lot more confident in MN2SG, seeing as it is my main game right now.

We didn't know that. That might change things.

Quote from Flippy_o:
I hope that's what you wanted to know, I'll keep updating times in the practice thread.

Thanks for the info!

Quote from Gyoo:
Quote:
Nightsky - 100% – Gyoo
Not a hugely interesting run.

Just wondering, is there still a chance to see cut games on the bonus stream ?

Of course cut games can go on Bonus Stream. We haven't decided on how we're doing bonus stream yet but cut games will be playable.

Quote from Akisto:
1.Super Mario World - 96 Exits
Currently my PB is 1:27:35 while i was running on emulator, i switched to console 3 days ago and my current time there is 1:30:01
the current WR for this game is 1:23:37 by linkdeadx2 this category is very optimized as it is
Before ESA i'd like to hae a 1:26:xx pb atleast.
I am practicing everyday and streaming everyday pretty much

twitch.tv/se7endeadlysins

Keep posting in the practice thread!

[quote="Hetsig"]
Quote:
My goal for my RE3 run is below 50 minutes as of now. World Record is 44:06 i believe. An end time that i'm aiming for is 46-47 minutes, then i'm happy. Under that is RNG grinding as hell.

Sounds fair, we'll write that down.

Quote from TimpZ:
Quote:
Sonic Colours - Any% – TimpZ
We need you to be near that DSS time.

My sum of best is currently 52:25 real time, while the world record by DsS is 51:21 real time (who does a skip that saves 30 seconds that I don't bother with yet). I'm constantly minutes ahead of my PB every time I'm doing runs but there's a whole lot of stages, 45 of them in fact, and being consistent in all of them takes experience which I'm slowly gaining. I usually just post when I get a new PB in the practise thread but if you want I could make it more frequent and extensive.

I thought DSS's time was lower than that. That's cool, keep us posted.

To everyone else, thanks for the posts. We've noted improvements and times and that. If we missed one, apologies.
Edit history:
Twiggimuz: 2014-03-19 10:18:26 pm
o
There is no light to save you
looks like im still somewhat in, nice Smiley
Quote from ESA:
Keep us updated with the Crash 2/3 progress!

Twinsanity 100% is cut too.

We heard some more about Klonoa 2 and that sounds cool.

WR-wise Crash 2 will most likely not change much. Crash 3 105% can go down a bit now that SSBMstuff is doing actual attempts using Fast Disc Speed, which saves ages over the current WR as I already mentioned. Btw I want to stress again that 105% is the run with highest priority for me to get to ESA. I don't want to do an any% of Crash 3 as substitute either. As for practice, don't expect me to do much at the moment. I can derust in Crash games really fast even after countless months of not playing (and I have proven it as well) so there is no need to worry about my performance. I should be consistently getting runs that are on par with my current PBs by the time ESA happens.
I have something to mention about Twinsanity that may let you reconsider things because the game has been broken majorly (well it was already way more broken than last year, so it would be cool if we could show off progress that saves half an hour over the last ESA run):
It's worth reconsidering the game, if you ask me.

Quote from danray2352:
i can elaborate on klonoa 2, wr is 1:38:46, and as far as klonoa goes, it is the most popular game in the series. wr video is here http://www.twitch.tv/nub_hat/c/3235580

Wow thanks for that actually. I had absolutely no idea about this. Well finally what I can aim at.
Edit history:
tekkie: 2014-03-21 01:02:05 pm
tekkie: 2014-03-21 12:55:00 pm
~
edit: my bad Smiley
Please refrain from posting in this thread if you are not attending ESA.
Quote:
Serious Sam 3: BFE - Any% – Sly7745
Serious Sam: TFE - Any% – A-M
We’d like some video and info about these. We’re probably going to have at least one of them, but we need to know a little more, especially about 3.

Here is my actual PB in normal : 39m46s
Now I'm working on hard mode for fun
Get over here!
I would like to withdraw my submissions as I won't be able to attend ESA.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from ShadowDraft:

Let the salt begin Y,…,Y
Get over here!
Quote from Alko:
Quote from ShadowDraft:

Let the salt begin Y,…,Y

Why? That's a few games less to cut. I just can't afford the trip while going to Gamefest and SGDQ. Simple as that.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from ShadowDraft:
Quote from Alko:
Quote from ShadowDraft:

Let the salt begin Y,…,Y

Why? That's a few games less to cut. I just can't afford the trip while going to Gamefest and SGDQ. Simple as that.

Because I'm not on the scheduling team and don't have to worry about which games to cut. I do enjoy having nice people around me, and I think you qualify; that's why Wink
Get over here!
Quote from Alko:
Because I'm not on the scheduling team and don't have to worry about which games to cut. I do enjoy having nice people around me, and I think you qualify; that's why Wink

Yea, sorry it just won't work Sad but enough off topic. Maybe next year.