Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Sunblade: 2014-05-27 07:45:00 am
Sunblade: 2014-05-27 03:27:57 am
Only Offense Will Survive
[quote="Sunblade"]
Quote:
Hey! A-M Can't come to ESA so if you really want, we could probably add you! /Svenne

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sunblade89

1. Resident Evil 4 - New Game+ (Donation incentive for New Game)
Estimate: 01:40:00 (02:10:00)
Personal best: 01:29:34 (01:53:13)
Console: Xbox 360
1. Metroid Prime - Any%
Estimate: 01:45:00
Personal best: 1:33:10 (1:11 ingame)
Console: Wii, using it's downwards capabillity to play GC games
Metroid Prime is nutorious for it's difficulty and for it's way of punishing the runner hard for doing mistakes.
I will be showing off the hardest route known to run, which i know off only a hand full of people world wide are capeable of doing. I have been running the game for years now and my skills improved stadily over time, though i did only work a couple of weeks to get a good Personnal Best, so it is very improveable for my standarts. Some very hyped parts in the game, that are very very stressful to pull off during a run, very hyped and perfect for a marathon.
Link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrZLkhQHuq8 video of a 1:13, done by me, though my best time is a low 1:11.

The reason, why i am posting this late, is because i wasn't actually sure if i will be able to be going to ESA, now that i know, i will get my drivers license soon, i know i can. So i'm hoping to get some information, to get my run into the marathon somehow. I do also run other games like sm64 and Metroid prime 2, though i don't think i will be able to get a very good run going, since i didnt practice these games lately.
Precursor
The deadline for suggesting games passed four months ago, dude.
Edit history:
j4sp3rr: 2014-07-01 04:01:10 am
Quote from MrSpeedrun:
1. Metroid Prime - Any%
Metroid Prime is nutorious for it's difficulty and for it's way of punishing the runner hard for doing mistakes.
I will be showing off the hardest route known to run, which i know off only a hand full of people world wide are capeable of doing. I have been running the game for years now and my skills improved stadily over time, though i did only work a couple of weeks to get a good Personnal Best, so it is very improveable for my standarts. Some very hyped parts in the game, that are very very stressful to pull off during a run, very hyped and perfect for a marathon.
Link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrZLkhQHuq8 video of a 1:13, done by me, though my best time is a low 1:11.

The reason, why i am posting this late, is because i wasn't actually sure if i will be able to be going to ESA, now that i know, i will get my drivers license soon, i know i can. So i'm hoping to get some information, to get my run into the marathon somehow. I do also run other games like sm64 and Metroid prime 2, though i don't think i will be able to get a very good run going, since i didnt practice these games lately.

this is exactly the reason the ESA staff suggested you should apply your games early and cancel later if you ended up not being able to join, game applications have been closed long ago and this will probably not be considered anymore.
Quote from KennyMan666:

Yes, i read that, Kenny.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from MrSpeedrun:
Quote from KennyMan666:

Yes, i read that, Kenny.

So why are you even posting? It would be very unfair to runs submitted within the deadline but later removed/rejected due to schedule constraints if your run be considered.
(Transparency note: I do not have the tinyest bit to do with either the game selection or the scheduling group; just voicing my opinion.)
Edit history:
ESA: 2014-07-02 03:19:31 am
Quote from MrSpeedrun:
1. Metroid Prime - Any%

During the event there will be open speedrun blocks where you may be to get your game into the marathon. Approach one of the staff at the event (or flicky, bangerra or Joka directly) and you may get in.

Can other people please refrain from putting words into the organisation's mouth. We appreciate that you are trying to help, but it can be very misleading for those on the receiving end of the information.
sorry, i realized that i did a mistake there and overread some information, it wasn't intentional. Thanks a lot for the information and understanding. I will see and try, if i get lucky enough to get my run in.
Edit history:
sonicku98: 2014-07-03 11:28:01 am
Get hyped for all the games!
To confirm, we are accepting new submissions until next Thursday from attendees that have already paid. Full post will follow. Post submissions in this thread.
Edit history:
SlaskPrask: 2014-07-08 12:07:15 pm
SlaskPrask: 2014-07-03 12:09:06 pm
SlaskPrask: 2014-07-03 11:59:13 am
SlaskPrask: 2014-07-03 11:59:03 am
SlaskPrask: 2014-07-03 11:58:12 am
1. Takeshi no Chousenjou (Takeshi's Challenge) any%
Estimate: 7:00
Personal best: 4:43.15 (WR)
Console: Famicom (I have the oldest one but modded for rca, mono sound + video)
Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr_L5ELzfOM

Worst game ever, short little any%, would suggest any% glitchless if I knew it but it's super hard. (I might have learnt it until next thursday, if I feel comfortable with it I might submit it aswell)
GTA: Vice City - 100 Packages
Estimate : 45 minutes
Personal best : 38:38 (WR)
Console : PC
http://www.twitch.tv/tyriounet/c/3293087

Resubmitting this. This is a really cool category that not a lot of people run unfortunately. You basically have to go to 100 places in the city as quickly as possible. It's interesting because of the city layout, it requires to perform some tricks to get to normally inaccessible parts, and use a variety of vehicles. There is also basically no rng in this category, which is surprising for a GTA.
I know there is a lot of GTA in the marathon already but it really is a fun category, so ... gotta try.
Edit history:
Gyoo: 2014-07-03 12:14:01 pm
The cake is a lie
FEZ - any% clockless v1.07
Estimate : 40 minutes
PB : 32:15
Console : PC
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAeAy11nvUU

I'm using version 1.07 because it enables a glitch that has been fixed in the later versions.
Don't worry, I have what's needed to have this version on the computer that'll be used for streaming ^^
I can get an incentive for this run as well : We recently discovered a way to finish the game in 3 minutes, without even taking the FEZ or any cube. I can totally put that as a run incentive.

Also throwing back a run I already submitted before :

Nightsky - 100% Normal
Estimate: 40:00
Personal best: 33:21 (Improved !)
Console: PC
This game got popular with ZFG. It has a reputation of being a ResidentSleeper game, but I find it very beautiful to watch. Some tricks make the ball (your character) move very fluently through the levels and it's really enjoyable to watch.
Link : www.youtube.com/watch?v=03a0SM32SZs
I don't know if the bonus will be immediately after the last run at the marathon, but if I'm not going to be able to catch the bonus, I'd like to submit:

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Any%
Estimate: 1:40:00
Personal best: 1:28:40 (WR)
http://www.twitch.tv/menno888/c/3904156

Submitting this since I've never seen a Harry Potter game in a marathon.
The game didn't have any skips in it, until I found a handful of skips that brought the time down by about 7 minutes, about 3 months ago. Fast paced game and enjoyable to watch, if you can handle some unskippable cutscenes.
Edit history:
Arzga: 2014-07-04 11:48:30 am
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/arzga (This has changed since my first submission!!)

Donald Duck Quack Attack - Any%
Estimate: 01:00:00
Personal best: 44:36 (WR, improved since first submission!)
Console: Nintendo Gamecube (Played on Wii)
Link to current PB: http://www.twitch.tv/arzgasrl/c/3884431

I'm resubmitting this, got cut in the 2nd cut. A childhood classic of many young gamers with solid platforming. My PB/WR has improved since the first submission, and now I have a video of the PB to present you.

EDIT: The run could also feature donation incentive of the games language, featuring the intro and ending video with the chosen language. Doesn't affect the estimate.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Resubmitting.
Quote from Alko:
1. Asterix and Obelix - (Medium or) hard mode any %
Estimate: 00:50:00
Personal best: 00:41:15
Console: PAL-SNES
The year is 50 B.C. Gaul is entirely occupied by the Romans. Well, not entirely … One small village of indomitable Gauls still holds out against the invaders. One of the villagers, our well-known hero Asterix has been sent on a tour of the roman empire to collect souvenirs. Last year that was easy, let's make it difficult this time!
We can have a donation challenge for hard mode in place of medium difficulty, or just set it to hard anyways.

PB is for hard mode. Original submission was either, but there's no real point in doing it medium.
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2014-07-05 02:34:27 am
Precursor
Given that the Hebereke runner dropped that for good reasons, I'mma toss this one into the mix again.

Ufouria: The Saga - 100% (deathless)
Estimate: 00:55:00
Personal best: 00:47:03,78
Console: NES (PAL)
While I haven't fully routed the new deathless 100% route, I'd certainly get to hard work on that if this got picked. My PB is from before the console-friendly way of doing the Shades skip was found, and I've concentrated on other games since (given that I wasn't doing this at ESA). It'd definitely speed up the 100% route as you'd only have to visit a specific area once rather than twice.

I could technically play the NTSC version if provided to me, there's not really any tricks depending on timing, but as I'm used to the PAL game I much prefer playing that.

I'd resubmit Mega Pony but I think I'll rather see if I can do that during one of the open speedrun blocks instead.
Edit history:
j4sp3rr: 2014-07-04 08:51:35 am
resubmitting:

1. Mirror's Edge - any% glitchless
Estimate: 1:10:00
Personal Best: 1:06:31 (6th in the world)
console: PC
I know i can do better than my current PB, considering that was set at an actual marathon, and i've been getting quite a tad more into this game again.
I could do any% but i don't feel i scale up enough to the runners @ AGDQ/SGDQ to attempt that, thus i suggest playing glitchless, because honestly it's almost starting to turn into a different game, with all the out of bounds and glitching found in any%.

glitchless% doesn't mean there's 0 glitchless in the game, it just means no out of bounds and no unintendedly stupid far jumps basically that you wouldn't be able to make somewhat intendedly.
I've also learned quite a few new tricks after my pb, which i am in the process of learning now, and am getting down more and more consistently by day.

I would understand if you guys would rather not do it because mirror's edge has been featured during AGDQ 2014, but this was a race, and i feel like the game deserves a more indepth look with good commentary.

2. Glare - any%
Estimate: 00:50 (TOPS)
Personal Best: 00:48
While this is a slow platformer that requires good commentary, i am confident i am able to get that down.
New skips have been found recently, and my PB can certainly come down more once i get all the inconsistencies out of the way with the new skips a few have been found after my PB.
The new skip with the bashbeasts has been taken under control and i feel i can get it to a point where it would even be marathon safe, so long as i can play it on the same computer i can practise on(probably my laptop) this is because the bashbeasts seem to be somewhat hardware dependant, and i would not like to take the risk to sit there for 15 minutes because i'm being launched too far up or stuff like that.

if these can or will not be entered into the main stream anyways, i'd gladly do them for bonus stream if that is okay.
Edit history:
DALFEN: 2014-07-06 06:19:47 pm
EDIT: I wont have time to practice so ignore this post.
Edit history:
sonicku98: 2014-07-04 04:36:18 am
Stream: Twitch.tv/sonicku98

Game: Sonic Generations

Estimate 1:30:00

PB: 1:23:21

Sonic generations is one fast game there are some neat trick such as climbing up a building and falling to the end of the stage, one thing i want to add is that i can't improve my PB anymore on my PC since for some reason it has gotten extreme lag issues, i can however practice the movement and such. but yea sonic generations is a fun game to watch and there are small details in the game you wouldn't notice unless you got pointed out for it
Edit history:
NicoTn: 2014-07-04 07:01:12 am
NicoTn: 2014-07-04 06:53:22 am
NicoTn: 2014-07-04 06:51:50 am
NicoTn: 2014-07-04 06:51:36 am
1. Shadow Warrior 2013 NG/NG+
Estimate: 02:45:00
Personal best: 2:12:43 (still working on reducing the time)

Quote from NicoTn:
Shadow warrior 2013 is a very fast movement kinda linear game with a lot of broken levels (skips, OOB and a lot of precise tricks), currently still being broken by me and a few other guys. We find new skips every week so the estimate may be way lower the closer we get to ESA. Donation incentive's could be DLC swords skins.

Resubmitting because it turned out i had enough money so i can go to ESA. Shadow warrior 2013 is a game with a lot of skips and OOB tricks. This game is very marathon friendly, because most of the skips are very easy to execute (not all of them).
Edit history:
KVD: 2014-07-04 09:13:46 am
KVD: 2014-07-04 08:13:26 am
Resubmitting:
GTA V – Classic % (no taxi and mission skip abuse) co-op with Meridian
Estimate: 8h30m
Personal best: 8h06m
Console: PS3

Teaser: http://www.twitch.tv/smk_machine/c/4051938 (contains a snapshot video of some of the GTA running that we've done over the past months)

Comments: Patrick & me can still squeeze out a sub 8h run if needed (WR is now 7h38m). Resubmitting this because it would instantly fill a large hole in the schedule and it's such a damn cool run/game to do. The co-op entails controller swapping between Patrick & me when there are character changes in-game. We've got cos-play and some pretty awesome donation incentives ready in case.
Edit history:
Akisto: 2014-07-04 08:39:48 am
Akisto: 2014-07-04 08:39:25 am
Akisto: 2014-07-04 08:39:17 am
Akisto: 2014-07-04 08:38:56 am
Akisto: 2014-07-04 08:35:52 am
1.Pocky & Rocky Beat the game Normal - Solo%
Estimate: 35 mins
Personal Best: 22:00 WR
Console: SNES NTSC-U, This is a fastpaced shootergame in 3rd person PoV. I do not own the game myself but i remember asking Dxtr had a cart and wonder if he could bring it. It is heavly RNG Dependant for a good time but its doable without the RNG, it just speeds up the bossfights.
The game itself is actually quite hard and underarestimated and it was run by PJ and Mr.K Co-op on AGDQ2014

2. Super Mario World - Any%
Estimate: 15 Minutes
Personal Best: 10:10 Cloud% and 10:39 Orb%, WR for cloud% is 9:51 by Dram and 10:26.32 by Menboo
Console: SNES NTSC-U or J. Despite me hating this category it is very popular for people watching it and it is very quick. I would not do cloud as it is for me very inconsistent and failing it can result in a softlock or if you're extremly lucky a warp to the credits Kappa.
Ninja Gaiden 3 (NES) - 13:12 (World Record)
Beat the game
Estimate: 20 minutes

Link to my WR: http://www.twitch.tv/infestedriche/c/4594908

I am20 secs faster thans Liger's SDA run and 8 secs faster than crak_atak who is the second best runner of this game Smiley
Edit history:
SlaskPrask: 2014-07-08 12:06:45 pm
Might aswell re-submit this:

Zelda Ocarina of Time - MST
Estimate: 2:50:00
Personal best: 2:25:29
Console: N64 (Usa but playing on J with rca (or svideo for better video quality)

Shows off all dungeons of the game and the trials in ganons castle, I'm using a slightly modified route to show of a n64 exclusive trick which looses 9 seconds. I can cut down the time more before esa.