--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
AMVX: 2014-02-04 05:59:46 am
www.twitch.tv/amvx
http://www.twitch.tv/amvx/
I will preface this that it's a long way for me to travel (Australia), so if games are selected, I will try my hardest to get there. If it doesn't look like I can't, I will make sure to give plenty of notice.

1. Grim Fandango
Estimate: 1:45:00
Personal best: 1:24:52 (WR/Fastest known time)
Platform: PC

While not having any (intentional) glitches, the game is very tightly routed and is very fun to play along with. Never been run at a marathon, and could really bring it back to some people. I can may some hilarious glitches happen as well, which are a by-product of going fast. Also, this time can definitely be beaten by at least a minute or two. This is definitely a game against the controls, nothing else in the game, as the first two minutes of the VOD below shows.
Possible donation incentives include; Choice of Balloon animal / Conversation with Carla / Bad Poetry...
LINK: http://www.twitch.tv/amvx/c/2952955

2. The Amazing Spider-man - Any% (Easy)
Estimate: 2:30:00
Personal best: 2:19:22 (WR/Fastest known time)

This game doesn't have any massive skips/glitches, but average game mechanics alone mean you can skip massive areas of the game. Plays very similar to the Arkham games, the game is quite fast paced and would be a fresh title at a marathon. Also, while the current time is 2:19, that can be dropped down to sub 2:10, maybe even 2:00.
Possible donation incentives include; Spider-man costume, side boss missions (Iguana, Rhino)
LINK: PART 1 - http://www.twitch.tv/amvx/b/500193561 PART 2 - http://www.twitch.tv/amvx/b/500205098

3. The Maw - 100% (or Any%)
Estimate: 1:40:00
Personal best: 1:29:02 (WR/Fastest known single-segment time)
A game that is so harmless about a monster eating everything in existence. The game is very simple and is more as a cheery game than anything else. Makes for something different. The only time I ever found for the game was a segmented IL any% run here on SDA. I would have to do a run to give an exact time of any% but it would be around the hour mark at a guess.
LINK: http://www.twitch.tv/amvx/c/2847557

Will edit this post if things change, or options for second stream pan out.
Hockey enthusiast
A couple of games that will not make the final list will be announced by the end of this week.
I'm not sure where to post my progress so I guess I'll just post it here...
I've been doing some work for Gothic Any% (with major skips). I've been developing some strats and did a speedrun. ( www.youtube.com/watch?v=SusqnNQy33k )
Even thought I did Any%, most of the strats in the final portion (final temple) of the Any% speedrun will be either identical or only slightly different to the final portion of the Any% no major skips speedrun so I've been developing and practicing strats for Any% no major skips as well.
I have further routed Any% no major skips as well, I will post a video of the route from the end of chapter 1 to where I've got the run routed now soon.
Edit history:
Skullbot: 2014-02-04 01:26:47 pm
Twitch account: http://www.twitch.tv/the_skullbot

1.Resident Evil 4 - Separate Ways - Normal Difficulty - Any% (possible coop play with Leon NG Pro)
Estimate: 0:35:00
Personal best: 0:27:43
Console: PS3 (PSN HD version)
Link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFQBEKAOrzI
I play the bonus mode Separate Ways because I'm too lazy (and bad :D) for a 2 hours run with Leon. I also prefer to see Ada for 30min than Leon for 2h Cheesy
The HD version is the fastest on this mode, because no glitch fixed in this version are usable in this run. (Tip : HD version is a port of Wii version).
Possible cooperative play: I refer you to A-M game suggestion post, he explained it better than me Wink
https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/european_speedster_assembly_2014__game_suggestions_146.html#european_speedster_assembly_2014__game_suggestions_146

2. Klonoa Wii - Any %
Estimate: 1:15:00
Personal best: 1:10:03 (In training, sub 1h is my target)
Console: Wii
Link: None yet (Twitch deleted past broadcasts -_-')
Klonoa Wii is a remake of the first Klonoa game released on Playstation. It's a platform game with very simple but effective gameplay.
There's no glitches, just pure execution and skill.
Possible Bonuses for donations :
- Klonoa's outfit selection
- Savegame's name selection
- All phantomiles run (6 per level, except bosses)
- Run in mirrored mode (all levels mirrored from left to right, never really trained it, but levels are identical in everything else)
---> Mirrored mode has secret stages within each stage which are timed with ingame timer and are the hardest stages of the game)
- Extra vision (2min level of extreme execution, but still easier than mirrored secret stages)
---> PB/WR : www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-8rK3quSUY

Maybe one more game to come ...
Not 100% sure if I can make it or not to ESA yet. I'll try to confirm it before the end of the game suggestion.
Bahamut is in envy
Quote from Cyprys:
I'm not sure where to post my progress so I guess I'll just post it here....

I would guess you just have to edit your first post, since they're going to read it when they're making the cuts.
Edit history:
guiren: 2014-02-12 04:37:04 am
guiren: 2014-02-12 04:36:31 am
Hi.
Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/cosmicabuse
Just to say, I'm still not sure if I'll be able to make it to ESA. I really hope so, though.

1. Castlevania (N64) - Any% Carrie mode
Estimate: 1:00:00
Personal best: 45:54 (update: 44:53)
(WR: 43:03 by Cosmo)
Console: N64

This game is the first 3D Castlevania, so it's (a lot) laggy and glitchy. I choose to play Carrie because it's the fastest character, over Reinhardt, who has longer/different levels and less skips possible, because of his 3D model. Carrie has a few more skips, and really interesting boss strats, which make CV64 a good speedgame. Also, RNG can sometimes screw the first level, and sometimes one of the last ones (Tower of Science), bringing instant death at all times.
Talking about my time and estimate: I can cut 30 seconds by not messing up the weirdest/longest textbox in the game, and a lot more by just playing better. Actually, I hope I'll get WR in several months, before ESA. Also, the Estimate is 1h because I think it's gonna be slower in marathon conditions.
LINK:
part1 - http://www.twitch.tv/cosmicabuse/c/3588175
part2 - http://www.twitch.tv/cosmicabuse/c/3588190
since i've just read they'll start cutting games by the end of this week, and i'm not sure if all the posts will be reread for changes/progress
i just wanted to note real quick i changed my trauma center run has changed to normal difficulty, if i get more comfortable there could even be an incentive for hard mode
but that is if i really get a good feeling for the game, which i dont have currently just yet, but normal should be very possible, i've finished the game on normal before casually, just have to do it fast and not die now Cheesy
Twitch account: www.twitch.tv/Zwajken

1. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (2002) - Any%
Estimate: 3:00:00
Personal best: 2:31:53 (WR Single segment)
Console: Nintendo Gamecube PAL (Played on Wii, also PAL)

This classic Nintendo horror game  might seem slow but with fast spells and quick thinking I can assure you it's not!
It is a good game with its uniqe feature, the sanity meter which drains when you meet enemies and wierd things can happen.
Things such as the game tricks you into thinking the controller is unplugged, while zombies kill you, or simple a blue sceen of death!
My WR is based on the SDA segmented route (SDA time is 2:08:43), with some minor differences.

Personal and world record; http://www.twitch.tv/zwajken/c/3257610
Personal text
I'm replacing one of my suggestions (MM10) with this:

3. Mega Man ZX - Any%
Estimate: 1:20:00
Personal best: 1:10:xx
Fastest known time: Not sure. The fastest I've seen is 1:01:xx on emulator
Console: DS

First of: I love this game. The reason I didn't suggest this at first was because I'd only played it on emulator. But now I've gotten my hands on a DS and think I can produce an entertaining run for ESA. I played this a bunch a few months ago, but dropped it when it looked like the emulator I was using was pretty inaccurate.

Good things about this game: It's fast paced, open world, awesome quick kills (combo combo!), air-dashing, mashing, etc etc.. and it has some nice anime-style cutscenes that could be donated in! No game from the ZX series has been in a *GDQ or ESA so far, that I know of.

Video of my PB from a while back here: http://www.twitch.tv/jokaah/c/3242731
Highlights would be 19:50, 26:23, 30:56-32:30
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from WHiPCPL:
Quote from Cyprys:

I would guess you just have to edit your first post, since they're going to read it when they're making the cuts.

I would guess we want to put up a practice thread yesterday™ and let you post there Wink
In more seriousness, please DON'T go back and edit your posts (except may~be typos) because the staff already went through with a spreadsheet, adding all the information of the early posts. Your edits would most likely get missed!
You can never run enough games
Quote from Alko:
I would guess we want to put up a practice thread yesterday™ and let you post there Wink
In more seriousness, please DON'T go back and edit your posts (except may~be typos) because the staff already went through with a spreadsheet, adding all the information of the early posts. Your edits would most likely get missed!

So if we've improved our best times considerably, should we remake the entire post, or just post the new times (or in my case, shall I just edit my new times + estimates into this post?)
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
I would like to pass that question on to the game-choosing crew for a definite answer, but until then I'll suggest people just post what has changed (while making it clear enough). As I said, we go through the posts one by one in the order of appearance in the thread.

E.g:
Quote:
I've practised my run of The Sims – Livin it up more, reduced my PB to 2 days, 15:24:11 h, and suggest the estimate be reduced from 3 days to 2 days, 16 hours
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2014-02-05 11:31:30 am
KennyMan666: 2014-02-05 11:31:17 am
Precursor
As it was requested, added some video links to my post on the first page. That link should work. One or two more videos should be added in the coming one or two days.

The Ufouria estimate should be dropped given that new thing but I haven't done a full timed run with that yet as I have different new routes to test.
Then i would like to state for GTA 5 that the time has come down significantly, our time is now down under 10 hours from 11-12 hours, and we are still improving it hoping to hit Sub-9 soon, if the time is a big consideration for such a long game(Which is quite probable) please keep that in consideration, it's a work that we've just recently started and we are shaving off an hour or more each attempt we do
Quote from Goldphnx:
Quote from Zeldagamer98:
Note: since idk exactly if emulator is allowed, i'm assuming it is. I will bring a converter and required files on USB stick with me, so i'd just need an computer to use cause i can't really bring my own. Also if any other person will race any of these categorys, i'd be up for that. also i apologize for not having PB video's.

Quote from ESA:
Emulators are not allowed.

If needed i can bring a Wii w Japanese OoT installed for you to play on since Emulators arent allowed Smiley

I do have a wii i could use so i guess i'll just relearn the game on VC, then i'll bring that with me
Quote from Alko:
Quote from WHiPCPL:
Quote from Cyprys:

Well I edited mine just a few hours after posting it originally but it would be nice if you guys could double-check it (It's on some of the first few pages)
I've practised my run of Trauma Center:Second Opinion more and the Estimate has gone down from 3hours to 2 hours, i'm not sure if i'll be able to lower the estimate much more(because of run killers that can happen) but atleast it's an hour less and i'm still working hard on practising
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote from Edenal:
A couple of games that will not make the final list will be announced by the end of this week.

But we can still make some suggestions, right?
Edit history:
ESA: 2014-02-05 03:50:50 pm
ESA: 2014-02-05 03:40:41 pm
ESA: 2014-02-05 03:39:39 pm
ESA: 2014-02-05 03:36:35 pm
We were a little hasty! Cuts post for page 1-4 coming tomorrow! Page 5-7 during next week.
Edit history:
ESA: 2014-02-05 03:36:35 pm
Quote from icedpingu:
But we can still make some suggestions, right?

Yes!
Precursor
Duo Princess is now mostly officially being suggested as a 2-player run, btw.
Edit history:
Ariwa: 2014-02-08 08:00:11 am
Ariwa: 2014-02-05 03:48:37 pm
1. Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - NG+ co-op with Kotti
Estimate: 0:45:00
Personal best: 25:34
Fast paced run with a ton of co-op exclusive skips. The highlight is a demonstration, checking just bits of it should give you an idea of what the run is like.
http://www.twitch.tv/thekotti/c/2933083 // Not my stream due to the nature of the game's coop mode only Kotti streamed.

2. Titan Quest - Any% co-op with Kotti
Estimate: 2:00:00
Personal best: 1:47
First Diablo-like RPG in a marathon? We would rather not include the expansion Immortal Throne in a marathon run as it adds a fourth act that's about 45 minutes long and we don't think it's interesting enough to watch. However, the expansion also adds a character class that we normally use in runs as well as game breaking glitches that are required for a fast speedrun. We believe that the most viewer friendly solution would be to do the run with the expansion but stop after act 3 as act 4 is pretty much just more the same for 45 minutes. Whoever is picking the games, contact Kotti on irc about this.

3. E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy - Any% NG+
Estimate: 40:00
Personal best: 21:52 (no longer possible because of a patch)
This game has a baffling story written by frechmen and translated by somebody who never studied english.
The run consists of running really fast, sometimes teleporting, and killing seemingly random people in order to go faster.
A bad run http://www.twitch.tv/saetaeaejae/c/2771318
A decent run http://www.twitch.tv/saetaeaejae/c/3686173
You can never run enough games
I've been practicing the games I've submitted, and improved quite a few of them since I submitted, I've updated my original post with some times since I initially posted, but I'll just re-write my current best times here, just since cuts are starting to be considered.

I've improved Super Mario Galaxy Any% to 2:58:05. I did see in the removed cuts post that it was cut in favor of galaxy 2, which is fair enough.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Any% With No Banktoad I've improved to 4:25.  I've talked to pottoww and we've  discussed that if I improve my times to around his level sufficiently before ESA, he's open to the idea of a Co-op run, with us trading off each world or so and then a bid war for who to do the final level. Currently pottoww is also teaching me a lot of the tricks involved, so I should start improving quite quickly soon.

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger Any% I've improved by over 30 minutes to 1:33 and I still can bring this time down. I learnt a new route recently and so I'm improving very well. 1:45 Estimate still seems sensible

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Any% I've improved to 3:51 and I still can bring time off this in quite a few places. I think a 4:10 estimate is still sensible.
Just to say that I added a few days aga a video for my Serious Sam run on my post on 5th page
That's the power of the Keyyyblaaade
Here's a question, if we want to suggest more games, or categories, after our relevant pages have been through the cutting process, would we make a new post or would we edit our original post?