Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213141516 <- 1 ... 16
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Kiyura missed the first games thread because he was out of town that month so it wasn't really his fault. Glad Colors is back on the schedule.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Mike89: Yeah, I probably shouldn't add DKC3, but Colors was suggested last year, and Kiyura was out of town during the initial games list topic so I'm still going to add Colors. I still haven't updated the game list yet

Renegade: I'll either add this onto the schedule or add it as a bonus game. This is a nice short little game that doesn't overstay its welcome.

Slade: Are the oob glitches possible in a single-segment run? If they are, then it might be worth adding Metal Gear Solid back onto the schedule.

About the schedule, expect it sometime this week. I can't specify what day, but it should happen because I really do need to make it soon.
Edit history:
brittanymoore: 2012-09-16 11:52:36 am
I tried to delete this because I asked a stupid question that I realized after the fact had already been answered...but I couldn't figure out how to delete, just how to edit...so ignore this.

P.S. loving this game list <3
I could go SU-PER-SO-NIC!! !
I would love to race Sonic Colors if at all possible, it's one of my favorite Sonic games to play.
The oob glitches are not useful in a speedrun. I could do one in the blast furnace (while waiting for the PAL card to heat), it wouldn't waste much time if any, and it's fun to mess with. The problem is that it's not very reliable, missing it would kill me and waste about 30 sec. I'll test it further to see if I can learn to do it reliably.
Quote from Dragondarch:
Quote from chessjerk:
Hey if there's 2 hours available, I can still play Air Fortress!

*Hal explodes*

d'oh

And there would STILL be time for Renegade!

Indeed!

So, Dragondarch, Air Fortress race at the marathon? Smiley
Pudding%
Quote from chessjerk:
Quote from Dragondarch:
Quote from chessjerk:
Hey if there's 2 hours available, I can still play Air Fortress!

*Hal explodes*

d'oh

And there would STILL be time for Renegade!

Indeed!

So, Dragondarch, Air Fortress race at the marathon? Smiley

I'll bring my copy. We can at least race it off-stream. What's your best time so far? Tongue
1:35 or so, IIRC. I don't remember if I managed it without any deaths, though.
SEGA Junkie
Quote from Da1AndOnlySonic:
I would love to race Sonic Colors if at all possible, it's one of my favorite Sonic games to play.

You ran that at the TSC marathon, right? What did you get?
I could go SU-PER-SO-NIC!! !
Slightly over an hour if I recall correctly, though that was Egg Shuttle. It's a bit different if you're running through a fresh game, as you have to actually unlock the wisps as you play which changes up the strategies for quite a bit of levels.

Edit: That and you aren't just loaded directly into the next level, as well as cutscene skipping.
Willing to teach you the impossible
I would like to request Contra and Super C to be later in the marathon rather than early. Figured I would mention it now than after you build it.
DK64 would have to be the very first day anytime on the 6th since that is the only day i can go this year, just wanted to make sure about that.
Voice
Throwing in some love for DKC3 - see the trilogy through to completion Cheesy
Edit history:
Kiyura: 2012-09-19 02:54:58 pm
Kiyura: 2012-09-19 02:54:43 pm
Wiiaboo
Heck yeah let's race.

I was kind of assuming that any run of Sonic Colors would be egg shuttle, race or no. The wisps are one reason, but mainly it's to skip the level end screens, overworld and cutscenes. I didn't consider that in a marathon we might actually WANT cutscenes, maybe for donation incentives. I guess we can take input on that, but as DSS said, it actually does change the route.

Another bonus of egg shuttle is that it flashes the time at the end of each level, with cumulative results at the end.
cfox7 and heidman: That can be arranged.

Colors race: We'll see. I'd say keep on Egg Shuttle because I'd rather have a good watch over a worse one with possible donation incentives (that might not be met b/c the cutscenes are probably not as gold as '06).
Edit history:
Kiyura: 2012-09-19 03:35:10 pm
Kiyura: 2012-09-19 03:34:59 pm
Kiyura: 2012-09-19 03:34:33 pm
Wiiaboo
The cutscenes are mediocre and cheesy (I loved them), which is to say that they're absolutely TERRIBLE for a marathon because they're neither so bad that they entertain nor so good that they entertain. Expect awkward "meh"-ness abounding during them unless everyone happens to have the same quirky love for the game that I do.

The cutscenes seem to all be in this longplay if you want to sample them.
Just an update on the schedule.

I've finished a rough draft, but I need to make some adjustments before posting it. Expect the schedule sometime Sunday after TSSB or Monday night.
$15 per rant/allegory
For some reason DMC3 has 1:45 as an estimate which is completely off, even with improvements. I would suggest 2:15 for now.
Edit history:
Omnigamer: 2012-09-22 02:22:42 pm
All the things
You mean you're not going to Holy Water every boss? For shame.
I approve of this style