Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213141516 -> <- 1 .. 12 .. 16 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Visually Appealing
Oh my god. The body count keeps rising. I'm sad now.
Crawlathon WR, get down on my level.
I've played through Scott Pilgrim a couple times, so if it were dire I could fill in. That said, I'm not familiar with the tricks though. I'd only be useful as a last resort.
Edit history:
Sonikkustar: 2012-09-04 12:39:28 pm
The Great Farming Empire
If Scott Pilgrim isn't a complicated mess of tricks, then I could volunteer for the slot. Otherwise, I nominate Cool Matty as well. Smiley
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Mike89: Haha, that would be the perfect choice, especially since Celise won't be there to upstage him.

I also forgot to mention that Adam AK will definitely be playing Amnesia now. He and Andre talked to each other and IIRC, Andre agreed that he would be busy enough with Sunshine and Super Monkey Ball 2.
Speaking of SMB2, it'd probably be best to let Andre completely take that over. I'm starting to feel that 4 games is too much for my first marathon, and SMB1 is definitely a higher priority for me personally, so I don't want my SMB2 performance to suffer because of that. :\
Make it so.
Depends on Naeglaria of course but since he's only a maybe on the schedule and Mike89 isn't coming I'll happily put myself forward to be beaten by werster in the Sonic 2 race. I got an 18:29 in game time the other day and can definitely improve a significant amount before the marathon.
Miles: Can do, I'll be sure to note that when I update the schedule.

Tiberius: That can be arranged as long as if you practice consistently up to the marathon.

Mega Man 2 is now cut from the schedule. I talked to Cyghfer about how he did at Kings of Poverty and he said he wanted to focus and grind more on alttp because he made some mistakes in that run he was not happy with.

I know it sucks that Mega Man 2 is cut, but Cyghfer wants to deliver on quality rather than quantity.
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
May be a bit late to do this but is it possible to increase the time estimate on Arkham City? I was going to offer some of the sidequests (Bane, Riddler, Catwoman, Mad Hatter) as potential donation challenges but this will obviously add to the time.  When I ran this at ESA almost all of the incentives were donated for and the run took about 3 hours, although this time was budgeted for in the estimate.
I can increase the estimate for Arkham City. Does the time estimate need to be 3 hours?
Visually Appealing
That does suck about MM2. But at the same time, it'll be hard to top 2012's MM2 performance.
Edit history:
RoboSparkle: 2012-09-04 01:34:08 pm
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
Quote from mikwuyma:
I can increase the estimate for Arkham City. Does the time estimate need to be 3 hours?

Yeah, 3 hours should be fine, thanks a lot!  The only incentive I didn't get at ESA was Harley Quinn's Revenge (which is a 25 min DLC so don't think I'll offer it this time) and my run took just over 3 hours, but I had a major screwup there that cost about 10 mins and I plan to get the time even lower for AGDQ.
Everybody's favorite monster
Mike89; this means you have to buy me and Dballin food because you are forfeiting our no practice race and lose by default.
Also damn you romscout
DS Dictator
Image attached is for Mikwuyma, for the health and safety disclaimer of watching a live marathon.

Tomorrow I should livestream a 100% run of Shadow Complex, using one of the new tricks that enabled me to get a 5:32 on Any%. TheEnglishMan, you better watch your inbox.

I know it kind of sucks that you won't see the trick first time as a verifier like the Z-Slider trick but with other things going on in life I thought it wouldn't be fair if I had a new technique and my opponent had a short time to study it, it would make the race 1 sided. So yeah.

Attachment:
Insane Killer Robot
Hmm, if you are taking suggestions for another game to add to the schedule, I'll throw Aquaria into the running again, if I did a similar run to SGDQ it could be between 1.5-2 hours.  I've got nothing else good to offer for PC, though.
Quote from mikwuyma:
Flicky will take over for Shadowwraith in DMC3. Flicky isn't sure he'll stick with very hard, but he'll at least play on hard mode.

Weak. Sad

Hard mode is about 30 times easier to speedrun than Very Hard. :< (somewhere to the tune of 20 minutes difference I'd say)

PM me for Dante strats, flicky.
I've found some new tricks for Mass Effect that cut the time down considerably.  2:45 is excessive, and I wouldn't be able to fill that. If we're allowing 15 minutes for setup, 2:20 is a much more reasonable estimate.
Main Work!!!
Quote from mikwuyma:
Mike89: Haha, that would be the perfect choice, especially since Celise won't be there to upstage him.

I also forgot to mention that Adam AK will definitely be playing Amnesia now. He and Andre talked to each other and IIRC, Andre agreed that he would be busy enough with Sunshine and Super Monkey Ball 2.

Fair enough!!!
If there's still spot left because of the quantity of people leaving, I can do Super Meat Boy any% if you don't mind having them both(any/100%) since the planning is completely different and it wouldn't be a crap load of practice since I already control the game and practice it daily anyway! That's only a proposition, I don't want to be bash for this Tongue .
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2012-09-04 09:37:00 pm
Game list updated. I also forgot to mention Pac-Man 2 is out because CalvinJJ can't make it. Sad

CyberBotX: I said really good PC suggestion, not a game with some minor cult popularity.

your_name_here: I changed the estimate to 2:30 just to be really safe.

Andre: No 100% should be enough Super Meat Boy.
Edit history:
Aftermath: 2012-09-04 11:05:13 pm
Quits halfway
Darksiders 2 with infinite jumps will probably end up being around and hour and a half. There's some new strats that make IJ not use pause all the time. Idk if it's too much darksiders at once though.
Non-IJ is about 3 hours atm, though.
I see the updated schedule has 20 minutes available.

I'm still available to play something to fill that time. I'm sure I can speed run anything with a little practice. Smiley
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2012-09-05 12:07:32 am
Not a walrus
You'll have to be more specific than THAT when you make a suggestion. Tongue
This is all just paving the way for more Die Hard.
$15 per rant/allegory
I don't know how keen you are on having live people off site, but we could probably do L4D 4-player co-op.
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2012-09-05 02:49:48 am
Not a walrus
We tried that at the first SGDQ and it was an utter disaster. Took something on the order of 40 minutes to get it all set up.
train kept rollin
Surely this is a sign that Mohawk needs to be added to the schedule.