page  <- 12345678910111213141516 -> <- 1 .. 13 .. 16 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Totally rad
Quote from flicky:
I don't know how keen you are on having live people off site, but we could probably do L4D 4-player co-op.

I think Freezard would be the only off-site person, so that could actually work quite well. It's pretty easy to come up with back-up strats, and safer strats than what we use for the regular speed runs at little time cost, too.
Off-site stuff is a really bad idea. It didn't work well at AGDQ'11 or SGDQ'11.
Edit history:
duckfist: 2012-09-05 07:27:09 am
Since MM2 is off ( Sad ), and romscout won't be able to make it to race Mega Man 9: SH Mode with me, I was thinking if it'd be cool to change it to a donation war Mega Man 9 vs. Mega Man 10.  There was no incentive for MM9 before, so this might pull in some extra cash.
Edit history:
Omnigamer: 2012-09-05 10:56:12 am
All the things
Sucks about all the people that can't make it Sad Just means I'll have to keep attending marathons until I've met everybody.

If we're still hurting for PC games, why not just move Skyrim out of the bonus games? It was somewhat planned anyway, and I remember all the discussion as to include it/not include it, but it would probably get the most viewers of the PC game options that remain.

(Not to mention that might allow some time for other bonus games to appear...)
Is PJ
That's...a really good idea.
$15 per rant/allegory
Quote from AdamAK:
Quote from flicky:
I don't know how keen you are on having live people off site, but we could probably do L4D 4-player co-op.

I think Freezard would be the only off-site person, so that could actually work quite well. It's pretty easy to come up with back-up strats, and safer strats than what we use for the regular speed runs at little time cost, too.

Oasiz is coming? What?
Not a walrus
If mike lets you do any PC co-op, the part that goes for testing it out during the setup day is about 10x more imporant for anything involving multiple PCs. I'm sure anybody who remembers L4D during SGDQ or Magicka during AGDQ can tell you why.
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2012-09-05 01:38:42 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Aftermath: I'll consider it, but I'd like it if the game we added was a game from a different series.

Flicky: I think L4D LAN play at the marathon would be awesome, but what UA said, off-site online play just doesn't work out so well.

BTW, there's no way we're going to stream all 4 players. I think we could get away with streaming 2 though.
Claimh Happy
I doubt you really need the extra games at this point, but I'm always willing to play any and all games that I've offered.
Main Work!!!
If you can't consider offsite person, I can do it probably(about L4D), I'm pretty used to the game and even already consider speedrunning it, if flicky, Adam and the other person don't mind, I could practice with them.
mapler90210: If more space frees up then I might consider Viewtiful Joe, but at the moment I'm not considering a whole lot of extra games.

Andre: If there's only one off-site person that could possibly work, but if everyone could be on-site that would be even better.
Edit history:
Omnigamer: 2012-09-05 01:51:12 pm
Omnigamer: 2012-09-05 01:50:22 pm
All the things
I can still offer up Hagane (20 min) and Skyblazer (30 min) to fill in any extra time, but the obscure game clause still hits home :p There are plenty of other cut games that are probably better suited for it so long as the players are still attending.
$15 per rant/allegory
Quote from mikwuyma:
mapler90210: If more space frees up then I might consider Viewtiful Joe, but at the moment I'm not considering a whole lot of extra games.

Andre: If there's only one off-site person that could possibly work, but if everyone could be on-site that would be even better.

Right now Adam says Oasiz is coming which would be three people on site and one in Sweden. The thing with practicing with Andre is that we're still going for runs with Freezard so practicing with him would be kinda odd. Not sure we could get away with dragging someone with us.
Duckfist: I can do that.

L4D: Hmmm, that might work if only one person is off-site as opposed to 3 from SGDQ.

Omnigamer: In theory that's good idea with Skyrim, but I think donating for it is the best way for the game to be included since the game might not get a lot of donations otherwise, and it's not exactly the best watch.
Claimh Happy
Totally not the game I was expecting you to bring up Tongue

Just curious, but shouldn't the games that were cut coming into this topic be the first ones to look at if more space needs to be filled? They were the ones that initially seemed viable, weren't they?
Quote from Omnigamer:
Skyblazer (30 min).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Also been looking into some PC games, but nothing that I'd be comfortable with (yet).
Willing to teach you the impossible
Quote from Greenalink:
Quote:
No Quake, Descent, or Battle Kid because Lag.Com and UltraJMan aren't coming to the marathon.

This also means that there is now 1 free slot for the 4 player Scott Pilgrim Co-op run.

I can offer to this as well. If not no big deal.

Also what Cyghfer did for his run is awesome. Quality over quanity always.
Hey, so i was wondering since it seems like Sig is doing sm64 now, is there anyway I can race DK64 Any% with Ringrush so i can still run a game at the marathon? Me and Ringrush are within 2 min of each other so it should be a decently close race and should be fun to watch.
SEGA Junkie
Well, Sig hasn't actually signed up, so until further notice you're still doing it. Tongue

Also since when is RR coming? And I wanted to meet him too. Sad
oh ok, wasn't sure if that was set or not. RR is on the google doc so I assumed that was set as well.
cfox7: At this point I'll just go ahead and give you the game. I just can't convince myself that the money and time commitment is worth it, as much as I want to go. I guess that it isn't absolutely confirmed I won't go, but just assume I'm not at this point and give cfox the game at a time slot that works for him.
bump Fallout's estimate up to 20 minutes. Been getting some really bad luck lately.
Edit history:
Kiyura: 2012-09-11 04:40:56 am
Wiiaboo
Well, I know it's not a PC game, but since it's been a week and nothing's gone through, can I throw Sonic Colors back in for consideration?
Edit history:
André: 2012-09-11 05:19:11 am
Main Work!!!
that game would be awesome, this game need more attention in my opinion.
Edit history:
kirbymastah: 2012-09-11 11:01:59 am
<(^_^)>
Quote from mapler90210:
Totally not the game I was expecting you to bring up Tongue

Just curious, but shouldn't the games that were cut coming into this topic be the first ones to look at if more space needs to be filled? They were the ones that initially seemed viable, weren't they?

Yeah I'd quote this as well. I am going, so I'm still up to do KRtDl any% (100% too, but... it's roughly an extra hour) if 2 hours somehow free up (I doubt that though).