--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
windows 98
Quote from kirbymastah:
Quote from mapler90210:
Totally not the game I was expecting you to bring up Tongue

Just curious, but shouldn't the games that were cut coming into this topic be the first ones to look at if more space needs to be filled? They were the ones that initially seemed viable, weren't they?

Yeah I'd quote this as well. I am going, so I'm still up to do KRtDl any% (100% too, but... it's roughly an extra hour) if 2 hours somehow free up (I doubt that though).

i am still open to play mirrors edge lol
If we actually need more time for PC games, I could do a glitched any% run and a non-glitched 100% run of VVVVVV within 45 minutes (including set-up). The non-glitched 100% run could easily be done as a donation goal as well, similar to previous years. Though I would understand only wanting to do one of them (though an any% run has actually not happened at a marathon, they've been 100% runs because...well...people mainly want to see Veni Vidi Vici, haha).
If you guys need more room on the schedule in general, feel free to drop Mega Man 1 as well for me. Now that MM2 is gone, I've kind of lost a little bit of the will to work on it and get it to the point that I wanted it. That and the fact that I have a lot of new Super Metroid stuff I want to focus on means dropping the game is probably for the best.
Edit history:
mikwuyma: 2012-09-11 08:02:52 pm
My feelings on The Demon Rush
FieryBlizzard: I want a new game, not time added to one game.

Well Garrison, I don't want to drop Mega Man 1, but if you'd rather focus on Super Metroid over Mega Man 1, then I can understand. I'd rather have an amazing Super Metroid run from you over splitting your focus.
Visually Appealing
With the loss of 2 Mega Man games, do you think Mega Man 7 and 8 could both be on the schedule, if Obdajr is fine with that of course?
Is PJ
Quote from Satoryu:
With the loss of 2 Mega Man games, do you think Mega Man 7 and 8 could both be on the schedule, if Obdajr is fine with that of course?

I second this.
Fucking Weeaboo
I second on the notion that we do bidding wars for Shade Man's music and whether Obdajr is allowed to use the Noise Crush glitch in 7.
If the "Noise Crush glitch" refers to using it to instant-kill Turbo Man and Spring Man, I don't think that one really warrants a bidding war for a few reasons.  For one, it's a precise and unreliable trick (I believe there's a window of two frames for Turbo Man, and one frame for Spring Man).  If there were a bidding war in favor of the trick, and then the trick wasn't successfully executed, then what was the point of the bidding war? 

Another reason I have against it is an element of surprise.  It's always fun to be in Obdajr's chat when he pulls it off, and seeing the inevitable disbelieving "... what." from a viewer who's unfamiliar with the run.  Bringing attention to it beforehand with a bidding war could ruin that surprise for the audience.

And besides those, it's not like fighting the bosses normally is any real increase in entertainment value.  You pull out the proper weakness, AI loop them, and move on.  Might as well just let him try for the trick and see if he gets it.

Of course, I'm looking at this from a viewpoint of being entertaining rather than drawing in donations, and ultimately the event is for charity, but these are my thoughts on it.

I can agree with a Shade Man music bidding war though.
Is PJ
What Krimmy said.  Plus, he can't do it on the refights so you get to see both methods.
Professional Second Banana
This is premature anyway - once the schedule is posted there will be a topic for people to offer donation incentive.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
After talking to neskamikaze this morning, he elected to give me both sides of the Rayman bidding war. He wants to focus on Kid Chameleon he said.

As for Rayman, I've been playing it quite a bit the last few weeks, and I just crushed my record again last night, cutting 5:27 off to make it a 1:51:01 now, even with 12 deaths, so yeah, I'm pretty comfortable with running the game if it wins the bidding war.
WOW.
Quote from spikevegeta:
After talking to neskamikaze this morning, he elected to give me both sides of the Rayman bidding war. He wants to focus on Kid Chameleon he said.

As for Rayman, I've been playing it quite a bit the last few weeks, and I just crushed my record again last night, cutting 5:27 off to make it a 1:51:01 now, even with 12 deaths, so yeah, I'm pretty comfortable with running the game if it wins the bidding war.

This is great, good to see a more Rayman games getting attention.
also happy to see nes is concentrating on KC, hope we have a great race~
Edit history:
obdajr: 2012-09-12 08:48:57 pm
I, of course, would be more than happy to play both MM7 and MM8 if given the opportunity.
dabes
YEEEEAH! Obda should play 7 and 8! Not just one or the other!!!
Claimh Happy
Both runs are great watches. I'd be happy if it weren't one or the other.
I support this notion.  Donation incentive for Wahwee in Mega Man 8?
Just want to throw in my support for obda playing both 7 and 8, it will be A Good Time.
I throw in mine as well. AGDQ needs all the Mega Man it can get.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
I'm not putting in both Mega Man 7 and 8. They're two of the least-liked entries in the main Mega Man series and I think having a donation war is best for the games, especially since obdajr can play either game.

Out of all of the choices I've seen so far I'm liking Sonic Colors the best. It's a modern Sonic game that people actually like and it looks like it's a good watch. What's a good estimate for the game?
DS Dictator
I was thinking about this game as 2013's Color a Dinosaur, no one has recorded a video of this nor the AR Games.
It could be a good donation incentive for what face to take a picture of

Mikuyama's Splinter face would be a goldmine

I've been running SM3D Land a bit lately but I think it's a bit long to fill in the schedule (1h - 1h:10m roughly) and there's a good amount of Mario games on the list already (so no hard feelings if you said no).  I thought it would be nice to add something 3DS related just to show the cool technical side of the community, etc.

Attachment:
Quits halfway
If only Mighty Flip Champs were more well-known, would be fun to run.
Is PJ
inb4 Can Your Pet
If there's room at some point I can offer Castlevania 64 for awful games done quick, Estimate is like 1:15 including setup
Wiiaboo
A good starting estimate for Sonic Colors would be 1:20, including flex time. I hope to be able to cut the run to under an hour by the marathon (regardless of whether or not I get to run it). I need to practice more to narrow down exactly what times I can count on. I would shoot for the very best run I can get, obviously, but I'm not confident I can match TSC or Japanese records in just a few months.