Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314151617 -> <- 1 .. 12 .. 17 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
ChickenB0h BOH! :D
is there possibility you would publish folder with videos for me, if so I would pm you my dropbox login?
Wait, I'm not really sure what's going on but I don't need any accounts or passwords or anything. I'm perfectly capable of handling this myself. I will upload the videos to Megaupload most likely this weekend so people can download them and watch online on Megavideo. Also, potato, I'm going to request that you do not upload any of my videos on Youtube. I don't want to upload anything until the run is completely done and I will do it myself on my own account. Thanks.
Quote from Silmaranza:
Wait, I'm not really sure what's going on

Me neither. I think lots of people have assumed that, after having created most of a massive speedrun, encoded it, and uploaded it once already, the thing now deterring you from uploading again is that the 60 second process of registering an account on a file sharing site is too intimidating a hurdle for you.
Edit history:
Patrick: 2011-06-09 07:02:28 am
Patrick: 2011-06-09 07:02:18 am
Dear silmaranza,
I am sorry, that I stupidly misunderstood you (overread the "not until it is done") and was disrespectful enough not to ask you if it was ok to upload the run. From now on, I am going to read every important post twice.
Anyway, I have found a service similar to dropbox supporting file sharing. https://spideroak.com/Online_File_Share

Hello ExplodingCabbage,
you are right with that, I think seeing that as a hurdle is quite common, but I am not sure.
Greatings.

Edit: One half sentence was deleted for a psychological reason. Tongue
Edit history:
ExplodingCabbage: 2011-06-09 07:29:38 am
ExplodingCabbage: 2011-06-09 07:28:40 am
ExplodingCabbage: 2011-06-09 07:25:35 am
ExplodingCabbage: 2011-06-09 07:25:15 am
Wait, are freakypaddy and potato the same person?

If they're NOT the same person, then freakypaddy, I don't think you did anything wrong or rude. You just offered help that wasn't needed.

BTW Silmaranza I'm still not entirely clear on why you don't just upload the videos to YouTube set to 'Unlisted' and post the links here. Then when the run is finished and you've uploaded everything, you can change the privacy setting on all the videos to 'Public' and everyone on YouTube will be able to see them. You get the same result as doing things your way but you only have to upload everything once.

Unless you're ultimately planning on uploading the run to YouTube as a single video instead of segment-by-segment? Then your way would make sense.
Edit history:
Patrick: 2011-06-09 07:41:13 am
I wrote that under my username. But I am never going to change my name again.
I figure that this is a good time to ask you about progress on the speedrun. When do you think the next segment will be finished?
Quote from ExplodingCabbage:
BTW Silmaranza I'm still not entirely clear on why you don't just upload the videos to YouTube set to 'Unlisted' and post the links here. Then when the run is finished and you've uploaded everything, you can change the privacy setting on all the videos to 'Public' and everyone on YouTube will be able to see them. You get the same result as doing things your way but you only have to upload everything once.

Hm, I'll think about that. I only want the final videos on there and I don't know if they'll be the same cause I haven't decided yet if I want to include subtitle commentary in the Youtube videos or not. That, and I can't be bothered to cut the videos in parts just to show the progress.

AAA, probably some time next month. I have my last exam 21 june and then I should have time to finish this. Next segment isn't too hard, I just haven't played in a while because of other stuff I had to do. Last segment is only the last two missions so that should be done quickly too.
Edit history:
ExplodingCabbage: 2011-06-09 11:39:28 pm
ExplodingCabbage: 2011-06-09 11:39:02 pm
Quote from Silmaranza:
I haven't decided yet if I want to include subtitle commentary in the Youtube videos or not.

YouTube supports subtitle tracks, and you can upload them later. I've never used this feature so I can't vouch for how good it is, but it probably means that if you wanted to include the subtitles, you could add them as toggle-able subtitles on YouTube video instead of burning them into the video for the YouTube encode.
And you can split subtitles with Subtitle Workshop. I have not tested it because you are perfectly capable to test that yourself. ;-)
Hey guys, the run is back online! I've uploaded the first 5 segments so far, I'll upload the rest (up to 15) today. Here are the links:

[Segment 01 Part 1/3]
[Segment 01 Part 2/3]
[Segment 01 Part 3/3]

[Segment 02 Part 1/2]
[Segment 02 Part 2/2]

[Segment 03 Part 1/2]
[Segment 03 Part 2/2]

[Segment 04 Part 1/2]
[Segment 04 Part 2/2]

[Segment 05 Part 1/2]
[Segment 05 Part 2/2]

I will also add these links to the first post for easy access. Smiley
[Segment 06 Part 1/3]
[Segment 06 Part 2/3]
[Segment 06 Part 3/3]

[Segment 07 Part 1/2]
[Segment 07 Part 2/2]

[Segment 08 Part 1/2]
[Segment 08 Part 2/2]

The rest will have to wait a while because of my fucking piece of shit computer suddenly shutting down while Anri-chan was encoding segment 9, so I'll upload those later.
Awesome. Thanks Sil. Smiley
Thank you for doing and uploading the run,
I was very surprised when I read your estimate of 6:15-6:30h final time vs. CannibalK9's 7:37h so it is going to be a very interesting watch. Are you going to upload the subtitles separately in an archive file?
(user is banned)
Edit history:
dead_horse: 2011-06-30 09:23:49 am
dead_horse: 2011-06-30 09:20:49 am
dead_horse: 2011-06-30 09:18:50 am
dead_horse: 2011-06-30 09:17:56 am
dead_horse: 2011-06-30 09:15:41 am
the current record for 100% on gta3 and vice city had made me want to try it myself and see how quickly i can get 100%

the most annoying missions in gta3 i found where the ambulence mission, gripped, and one thing that isn't a mission but i find annoying is the hidden package hunt, i can never remember where they all are

last time i played vice city, i could have done 100% in 24 hours, but i spent an extra 3 because i was stuck on the shooting range where you have to get at least 45 points, and that was the last thing i had in the game to do
Paramedic and Gripped aren't all that hard, if you know what to do. Nothing in this game is really difficult actually, what makes some parts of the run hard to do is the luck involved and the tricky strategies. I very much encourage you to try and do a run yourself btw!

Quote from freakypaddy:
I was very surprised when I read your estimate of 6:15-6:30h final time vs. CannibalK9's 7:37h so it is going to be a very interesting watch. Are you going to upload the subtitles separately in an archive file?

It's going to be about 6:30-6:40, if my calculation are correct. But that's just from adding up all video times and the estimated time for the last two segments. Not sure how accurate that is. I decided not to include the subtitles in the Youtube video's, but they'll be included in the ones I'll send to SDA.
Edit history:
Patrick: 2011-06-30 10:19:28 am
Wow it took 4 months to get the GTA SA any% run through verification etc on the site, it will not be different for this one but I think I can wait for so long. Until then I am just going to watch the Dodo flying and Taxi parts.
Edit:Yes, I know segments 17f. are not yet completed.
(user is banned)
Edit history:
dead_horse: 2011-06-30 10:25:23 am
dead_horse: 2011-06-30 10:22:49 am
Quote from Silmaranza:
Paramedic and Gripped aren't all that hard, if you know what to do. Nothing in this game is really difficult actually,

not difficult if you know your way around maybe, i just got 100% recently for the first time, i have completed the main story quite a few times, but there were certain missions that i just couldn't do because i left them too late, like the portland side story missions, i left them until after the main story and i couldn't do them because the mafia kept destroying my car, so i had to delete my file and start again

also certain rampages i found to be harder because i left them too late, like until the gangs start attacking you, it's better to do them before that happens
Yeah that's true, I tried that as much as possible in the run, get rampages done before gangs hate you. Although in the segment I'm doing now, I actually have to do two Yardie rampages after the mission that makes them attack me. They're rocket launcher and grenade rampages so I had to figure out a way to do kill them without them being able to get to me. You'll see. Tongue
Hi!
I find it very difficult to beat the record time of going too fast Gta III
^ what..?

[Segment 09 Part 1/3]
[Segment 09 Part 2/3]
[Segment 09 Part 3/3]

[Segment 10 Part 1/2]
[Segment 10 Part 2/2]

[Segment 11 Part 1/3]
[Segment 11 Part 2/3]
[Segment 11 Part 3/3]

[Segment 12 Part 1/2]
[Segment 12 Part 2/2]

[Segment 13 Part 1/2]
[Segment 13 Part 2/2]
Quote from Mrelmejor56:
I find it very difficult to beat the record time of going too fast Gta III

What is it about your run that attracts these people, Silmaranza? I don't understand. Are they all sockpuppets of Lord Zappy, forever finding new ways to troll?
I don't know man. I kinda miss Lord Zappy!

I had to reupload segment 13 cause the video was messed up. Everything so far is uploaded now.

[Segment 13 Part 1/2]
[Segment 13 Part 2/2]

[Segment 14 Part 1/2]
[Segment 14 Part 2/2]

[Segment 15 Part 1/2]
[Segment 15 Part 2/2]
(user is banned)
Edit history:
dead_horse: 2011-07-04 11:52:18 am
i might have said this about the current speedrun and i'll say it for yours too

why get a 6 star wanted level? there is a parked tank which you can use after you finish the mission with phil

and by the way, when i was delivering the 7 emergency vechicles, i stuck around and waited for the last one, so then i wouldn't have that glitch where it shows 98% when you've done everything in the game
Edit history:
Patrick: 2011-07-04 12:16:23 pm
Hey ilikespeedruns,
you are free to try it yourself, have fun! :-D

How fast you can push the rhino depends on the framerate (according to the author), I cannot test it, because I do not own the game. It is unlocked after the storyline is finished, but because of the credits and so on the last mission should be completed at the end (timing: gain to loose of control over the character).