page  <- 1234567891011121314151617 -> <- 1 .. 7 .. 17 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Quote from LORD ZAPPY:
Well about 2 weeks have gone and not a single post. I'd say close this thread, this speed run is over. silmanranza has more important matters such as his studies.

Hi hater,

grats on holding back, you wanted to post this last saturday but you managed to wait, good job!
Edit history:
ridd3r.: 2009-10-21 02:57:36 pm
we have lift off
This guy is a troll, in order to beat him, you have to think like a troll. He posts for the sole reason of getting reactions out of people and does this by posting ridiculous statements and accusations. No matter what you post, you are essentially rising to his bait so please stop. I know its hard to resist when he posts such annoying things such as saying sil has given up on his run.

Think about it like this though, if everyone ignores him (by all means post about the run, just nothing relating to him) then he will eventually leave and maybe Mike can delete all his posts leaving no trace of this idiot. However, if everyone keeps replying, so will he and even after his posts are deleted there will be 2 pages of crap not relating to this run in any way. So, I thought I should post to try and stop this thread getting ruined anymore, I know you want to defend the runner and all that but its just best to ignore this troll Smiley

(Yes I am aware of the unfortunate irony of having to post yet more crap about this guy but hopefully everyone will just totally ignore him now). Also, sorry if this post sounds condescending in anyway, I don't mean it like that.
Well it seems I was true, this topics been dead for about a month and theres no activity.

Just blaming me and calling me troll wont make u feel better, i think silmanranza has made the right choice.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
LORD ZAPPY IS BACK! HAIL TO THE KING BABY! \O/
Quote from LORD ZAPPY:
Well it seems I was true, this topics been dead for about a month and theres no activity.

Just blaming me and calling me troll wont make u feel better, i think silmanranza has made the right choice.

would you go away already christ
Sigh :S

he hasn't updated us in more than 3 months. Why can't you take it that I'm right and your wrong.
Facts speak for themselves, so stop abusing others and learn to get the facts straight
Quote from LORD ZAPPY:
Sigh :S

he hasn't updated us in more than 3 months. Why can't you take it that I'm right and your wrong.
Facts speak for themselves, so stop abusing others and learn to get the facts straight

For whatever reason Silmaranza hasn't posted any progress, be it an update on how he's doing or a video, that's not why I'm telling you to go away. I'm telling you to go away because you're shitting up a good thread. Nobody needs to see your theories on why some guy on the internet isn't posting on the internet anymore. Theories, not facts. Unless you have solid proof from the guy that he's not going to continue, then they're theories. Now shut up and let this thread die until someone has something on topic to say.
Again, your being ignorant. Everyone was saying that you should ignore my posts but your giving me more reason to post in this topic.

Sigh....When a topic has been dead for about 3 months..dont you think its kind of self-explainatory.. I mean the guy probably got sick of the game and gave it up for good.
Again you're being an idiot. This isn't a thread about Silmaranza's personal habits, this is a thread about GTA. Unless you have something relevant to say instead of spouting off your bullshit theories about something that doesn't even matter, stop posting.
Oh its not personal habits you say . It's funny how you say that. Silmaranza said that he would he would complete the speedrun..but theres been no update for the last 2 months. it's obvious  something must have happened.

i am not trolling I'm just saying that its very likely Silmaranza's moved on.
DS Dictator
Ignore it ShadowWraith (and everyone else), pretend he's a spambot that is filled with negativity instead of you know what. Trust me ridd3r has a good point.

SDA Admins, we need some sort of way to block/disable guest posts on certain topics if this becomes any worse Roll Eyes
Let the guy go on saying crap, it's obvious he has no clue about speedruns. The general principle of speedrunning is 'take the longest time possible to make the shortest run'. 60% real life, 30% procrastination, 10% mindless retrying, 100% SDA =D
You know I'd agree with that, life maters a lot. Studies > speedrunning.
Lord Zappy, can I just ask, what are you trying to accomplish? What's in it for you if I quit? I'm not quite sure why you are so obsessed with this.

Might as well explain the reason behind my absense. I am currently working on a project in real life that takes up a lot of my time and has to be finished before the new year, so I've put this on a side track until then. I'm sorry to anyone who is waiting for new material, but I am in no hurry, so I'll take as long as it needs and this doesn't take priority over anything else I'm doing.

I won't continue this in 2009 but be sure to check for updates in 2010! No idea when, but it will be finished. Smiley
it mean that u r delay ur gta3 becuz u r bore of it. it mean i was right and other people wrong.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I didn't see this topic until today. I watched the first six segments and I must say I'm surprised by how well everything is chained together.

I can't wait to see the rest of the run. My advice would be to not feel too much pressured, just take your time (that's pretty ironic in a speedrunning forum, hehe), and have fun. Wink
LOL CannibalK9's GTA III run is amazing. you want to beat it? bet it you can't  Grin
speed is an option but safety is essential  Tongue
Quote from tom_jus:
LOL CannibalK9's GTA III run is amazing. you want to beat it? bet it you can't  Grin

And you're basing this on? CannibalK9's run is perfectly beatable, I wouldn't even attempt it if I thought I wouldn't be able to do it.

Anyway, hi all, I have time to play again! Segment 9 is finally done:

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/6719393/17452089

Sorry for taking so long but this is by far the hardest segment of the entire run, including the ones still to come. This is because of several things, I'll try to keep it short but probably won't succeed, heh. Tongue

I start off with Bling Bling Scramble, the most random mission in the game. There are 3 completely random events that have to go right. First is the appearance of the Cheetah, if he is the last to show up I restart because that means he got stuck behind a trafficlight pole and it'll take him ages to figure out a way around it. Second is the route of the checkpoints. There are 2 routes, a fast one and a slow one. If I get the slow one, I restart. Both of these events have about a 50% chance of going right, so that's a 25% entirely luck dependent chance that the first minute of the segment succeeds. Nice. Smiley

I get 7 checkpoints, which is enough to win. After that I go and do sidestuff and let the others finish the mission. This is the third random thing. They can be very fast or very slow. If they're not fast enough, I restart. Fortunatly, this mission features the most retarted drivers ever to appear in a video game, so you can imagine that this isn't frustrating at all. All this, along with the unique jumps I do which are not at all easy, adds up to about a 3% chance of this first part going right. Good stuff. I love the finish here though.

I rigged the cop car with a bomb for a later mission, but it often disappears during the sniping part of 'Under Surveillance'. >_> I tried parking it at different locations but couldn't find a consistent spot, so there's another random thing.

The Yardie sniping rampage is pretty hard. I get the package in the car park first before actually starting the rampage because that area is Yakuza territory and when you pick up the icon, Yardies will start to appear while Yakuza are still walking around and that almost always leads to them fighting, making the rampage impossible. The intersection is also a good spot because I have 3 directions to look. If a cop shows up, I might as well restart because that makes it undoable, and on top of that, the rain doesn't help either. It went pretty well though, I'm happy with it.

Grand Theft Auto is not very hard, just have to pay attention. I would restart if I got any damage. I also thought of saving after this mission because of 'Paparazzi Purge' coming up, but that would mess up a time restricted part in the next segment (BF Injection).

The molotov rampage is very easy. I had a bit of trouble finding Yakuza's in the beginning but found plenty later on so this is very fast. I have to drive up to that part of road because no people spawn on the road next to the parking lot. The only thing I have to watch out for is burning myself, the molotovs have a very wide and invisible range.

'Paparazzi Purge' can screw you up, I'm being a little bit more careful than normal here. After that 'Payday for Ray' is easy as long as you're concentrated. 'Silence the Sneak' went very well too, even though lobbing the second grenade failed somewhat. It worked so whatever.

My 'A Ride in the Park' route might surprise you a bit at first but the bridge area is much easier from that side and this puts me right next to Ray's next mission. It makes the Landstalker vanish but I want that to happen anyway, it's a horrible car. I just jump out of the park and grab the first car I run into. I just missed the Stretch but didn't lose much time. A Banshee would have been better but the Rumpo is ok. The car I get here decides whether or not I jump over the hill into Phil's place or not. I find the Rumpo too unreliable for that so I take the longer route, only saves a few seconds anyway.

Finally, I take the bulletproof Barracks OL which will come in handy later, and 2 sets of Rocket Launcher ammo. Gonna need that too.

Sorry for ranting again!
Only the first 30 minutes and 27 seconds of the video is up there! What happened to the rest?

Looking fucking sweet so far though.

Edit: Actually, when I first load the video it shows -30:27, but then it suddenly changes to -15:00. Maybe I only saw the first 15 minutes, not the first 30:27. That sounds more like the amount of time I thought had passed.

Edit 2: Yeah what ridd3r said. It cut off during Grand Theft Auto, anyway.
we have lift off
I can only see the first 15 minutes :/ . It says it's 30 on his profile but then the video loads saying its only 15.

Edit: Yeah I'm pretty sure it was 15 for your too by the sounds of it.
Oh sorry guys, I went over Yahoo's limit and it got messed up. I'll reupload it in a bit, hold on.
We see your reupload, Silmaranza. The problem is still there, if you didn't already know.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
First half of the segment is just "WOW". This is a clinic in efficient GTA running, LORD_ZAPPY must be proud. All I can say is "worth the wait".

Keep up the good work, man.
Heh, thanks man. Smiley

I noticed the problem EC. Yahoo is being a pain so I hosted the video on another site. This one should work:

http://www.vimeo.com/8563708
Awesome work, Sil. Definitely agree this was worth the wait. The efficiency of all the multitasking you do is great to watch. Any guesses at what your final time will be yet?