--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
ridd3r.: 2010-12-17 11:53:12 am
we have lift off
ahh Zappy and his attempts at reverse psychology. He's your no1 fan Sil!
Oh great, Lord Zappy is back! That totally encourages me to continue the run just to see his comment on the next part. Grin
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
you should put Zappy into credits as the most influential person =D
im just become ur fan Cheesy
this work sooo good, that awaiting is like holidays :>
Wow, I haven't played this game in like two months haha. Been way too busy, real life sucks. Tongue I'm sorry to keep you guys waiting so long, I hope to get back to playing this real soon!
Hurray, segment 15 is done:

http://sevenload.com/videos/mw3z8La-GTA-III-100-Speedrun-Segment-15

I'm sorry it took so long, I didn't have any time to play and this segment wasn't really fun to do, haha. I only do a couple of things and none of them are really hard but there's quite a bit of luck involved.

For 'Rumble', you don't need to pick up the guy. As soon as you trigger his talk you can turn around and head for the fight. I have to pick up the armor anyway though, so I might as well take him. I couldn't really figure out a good strategy to fight the Nines. I tried to 'cheat' the game a bit with a couple of tricks like blowing up my car next to them etc, but anything that kills them apart from your bat fails the mission, so I just do it the normal way.

'Gripped' isn't too hard, although the dark makes it a little more difficult. I think this is the best route, I experimented with different ones quite a bit. My target time to finish is 3:10 on the game clock so this was good! Note that I'm about a minute faster than CannibalK9. MSX.. Sad Then I do some more Vigilanting, which went very very well! I got really lucky with the spawnlocations of the criminals (I only accept the Pike Creek and Airport ones), and again this is my best time ever for this part of town.

The car almost always disappears when I go to get the rampage icon, so I expected that. I get the armor because I will need it in a bit when I go on a rampage to get a tank. I really like my strategy here. The little walls provide great cover while I keep lobbing grenades over it. At six stars I switch to the flamethrower because the flames go through everything and kill the soldiers when they exit the tank. Then I just use the tank for the Shotgun rampage on my way to the hideout, which makes it a piece of cake.

Nothing else to say about this I guess.. just two more segments to go! Next one should be fun. Smiley

88% - M: 67/73, HP: 77/100, R: 17/20, UJ: 19/20, Vigilante: 60/60, DP: 18
we have lift off
Website isn't available in the uk... What's wrong with youtube, you can upload over an hour long videos now.
Not available? Hmm maybe this: http://uk.sevenload.com/videos/mw3z8La-GTA-III-100-Speedrun-Segment-15 ?

I will put it all on Youtube, when the run is done. I just upload it there to show progress, I don't understand why it wouldn't work in the UK though. o_O

And you can upload hour long videos on Youtube now? All users?
torch slug since 2006
That page does not work in sweden either :/
we have lift off
It auto redirects to that link but it's not availalble. Yeah you can upload long videos to youtube now, if you go to upload it should say "Congratulations! Your account is now enabled for uploads of longer than 15 minutes. Click the Upload button below to select a video. "
Hm, weird. I really wonder why it doesn't work. I've uploaded the video to Megaupload, you can download it here for now:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IJCUTGWI

It doesn't say that on my Youtube account btw, still 15 minutes max. Maybe because I'm not from the UK. Tongue
DOSBox <3
Yay I love this run! Downloading.
Heavy Metal Powered
Sweet segment, I loved how you got yourself a tank for the rampage.
Watched the latest segment in bed a few days ago on my shitty laptop whilst away against my will in my parents' shitty cottage. It took me over an hour to get it downloaded on the shitty internet connection we have there, but once I had it was very much worth it.

What's the tank for, by the way? Possibly a stupid question but I've forgotten most of this game.
Thanks EC. Smiley The tank has to be delivered to the Emergency Vehicle crane in Portland, I'll be doing that in the next segment.
Hi,
I am from Germany and do not have access to any of your videos. I would like you to reupload them, I recommend http://www.mediafire.com/
Greetings, potato.
Seg15 is available, I was mistaken. :-)
And before you think, the taxi missions were unimportant. I am especially interested in them!^^
I was gonna try and show this to a friend a while back but all the yahoo video links now just redirect me to the yahoo video homepage. Seems they've all been taken down or expired or something?

If it's not too much trouble, it would be cool if you could re-upload everything. Unlike the poster above I don't recommend mediafire because it's not very fast and there's a countdown before you can download. If you want the vids to be streamable, I dunno what site to recommend but YouTube has always been fine for me. If you want them to be downloadable, I definitely suggest Dropbox. If you want both but only want to upload each video once, use megaupload since videos uploaded to megaupload automatcially become streamable on megavideo, which is the one unique good feature megaupload has compared to other file hosting services.
Currently occupying the grey area.
I generally use Archive.org
Heavy Metal Powered
Quote from Ghoti:
I generally use Archive.org

Archive.org is not a good idea to use when you store "temporary" videos. They are not a file hosting service.
Read: http://www.archive.org/about/about.php
Hm I didn't notice this, thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'm sorry for using such shitty sites to host the videos guys, but I don't wanna upload to Youtube until the run is completely done (which btw will be soon I hope). Megaupload seems to be the best alternative for now. Segment 15 is already on there, I'll upload the rest there too when I have time, probably this weekend.
If you don't already know, you can set videos to 'Unlisted' when uploading to YouTube so that they won't appear in your channel and will only be viewable with the link. I'm not sure if this changes anything for you since I don't know what your reasons for not wanting to upload to YouTube are.
Or use dropbox.
I will send you email and password via PM.
I am going to upload them to YouTube.
[url]dropbox.com[/url]
Email: forsda.unofficial@googlemail.com
Password: videos
Anyone is free to use that account, but that is changeble if anyone abuses it. But I think, nearly no one is going to use it anyway (except if I request it).

Greatings, freakypaddy. :-)