Smiley
Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314151617 -> <- 1 .. 6 .. 17 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Hey, no progress yet. Reasons are me being busy with uni and the segment being frustratingly random. It starts with Bling Bling Scramble which has three completely random things of which I have no control whatsoever, two of which happen at the start and have a 50% chance of going right, which calculates to a 25% chance that the first minute of the segment will go right. So yeah.. lots of restarts just for that. I haven't had much time to play though. I try to give it a few shots every day, so it's just waiting until a good attempt comes along.
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Sad
we have lift off
Quote from MilZo:
Sad

Hey, as long as hes still attempting thats all that really matters. Hopefully once this next segment gets done and hes properly onto the 2nd island missions then things will pick up again  Wink
Quote from ridd3r.:
Quote from MilZo:
Sad

Hey, as long as hes still attempting thats all that really matters. Hopefully once this next segment gets done and hes properly onto the 2nd island missions then things will pick up again  Wink

i think he might quit speedrun :/
we have lift off
Quote from LORD ZAPPY:
Quote from ridd3r.:
Quote from MilZo:
Sad

What makes you say that? He has done a lot of work on it already, all the planning and is a good 1/3 of the way through.
Quote from ridd3r.:
Quote from LORD ZAPPY:
Quote from ridd3r.:
Quote from MilZo:
Sad

What makes you say that? He has done a lot of work on it already, all the planning and is a good 1/3 of the way through.

if you see, he posts rarely now. about 2 months have gone.

trust me, this speedrun is huge task. he probably got sick of it.
Might as well clear this up before more ridiculous assumptions arise.

No, I haven't quit, yes it will be finished some day. I'm simply busy with stuff in real life, speedrunning is just a sidething I do in my spare time. I don't post because there's nothing to post about, it's simple as that. The segment I'm doing currently is the hardest in the entire speedrun, so yeah I take my time. I'd say I give it about 20-30 shots every day, most of which end in the first 3 minutes. I'm sorry to anyone who's getting impatient but without sounding like an asshole, I don't feel pressured in the slightest. Smiley I'm in no hurry and rushing it would only hurt the quality of the speedrun. It'll be done when it's done.

So yeah, keep checking for updates I guess, but please don't speak for me if you don't have the facts eh?
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Thanks for the update.

That's a lot of daily tries for a long time, had no idea a segment could be that hard. I definitely wouldn' t have the patience to do this, so props to you.

Take your time and please keep up the quality run.

Good luck.
Heh, well hard isn't the right word really, it's just the freakin random stuff that has to go right. After the first mission, it all comes down to concentrating and not screwing up.

And it's not actually daily, haha. Some days I just really don't feel like playing or I'm not in the mood for speedrunning. I guess that's understandable? Tongue

Thanks for the support though! Hope to nail this one soon.
Currently occupying the grey area.
I hope you do too. Looking at the first 7 odd segments, this one's going to be good.
I disagree with LORD ZAPPY. What I've seen so far from you has been excellent and I'm hoping to see more from you when you manage to complete further segments. Smiley
we have lift off
Quote from LORD ZAPPY:
i think you should quit speedrun, come on. we have all seen 100% speedrun.

i think main thing was completing it.it was huge achievment.

once its already dome , ur just repeating another faster version. what diff does it make.

start speedrun of gta4

Troll....

Keep it up Silmaranza!
Quote from ShadowWraith:
I disagree with LORD ZAPPY. What I've seen so far from you has been excellent and I'm hoping to see more from you when you manage to complete further segments. Smiley

I agree with this. Silmaranza's work looks excellent and I believe many people besides me will be very glad when we see the whole run no matter how long it takes. Shame on you LORD ZAPPY for even trying to demoralize someone out of running a game for the SDA community. It doesn't matter if it's done already, the point here is to do it better.
Lol.. don't worry guys, kids like that don't bother me in the slightest. Tongue

Besides, GTA 4 is crap.
Edit history:
Greenalink: 2009-10-05 02:07:39 pm
DS Dictator
Quote:
no offence, but you are copy most strats from the older gta 100% version.

"Oh my strat that was copied from a previous run = fail"??? No.

Many improved speedruns has similar strats but are even more optimised. I've for one been playing Shadow Complex for at least a month now and have the fastest time on the leaderboard. 2 weeks ago I had a time of 14:53, but recently I got a time of 14:14. There was no route change, just better optimisation.

GTA and any sandbox based game will have a really hard time planning a speed run on this, especially 100% runs where it involves detours by completing optional missions/odd jobs.

GTA SA, Paper Mario N64 and Pikmin 2 are the most notable examples where they beat the previous record by over an hour. I didn't include Megaman X8 100% due to the changes of the 100% ruling.
Currently occupying the grey area.
Lord Zappy, you're totally missing the point. "There's already a speedrun up, so you may as well not bother." Is that the gist of your argument? if so then you should never attempt anything ever, because it's already been done. Take that thought, and go hide under your rock.
Quote from LORD ZAPPY:
no offence, but you are copy most strats from the older gta 100% version. Angry

it might be because parts of the strat used in the last run was good and should therefor be kept, why would you replace a good strat with a worse strat ? 'cause that would be totally moronic.

Quote from LORD ZAPPY:
actually, i cannot believe someone speedrun in this time. so you must have lost interest. Shocked

the insane luck manipulation needed to receieve an optimal checkpoint placement in the "Bling Bling Scramble" mission causes most attempts to fail, and i am sure the runner has more things to do than just attempting this segment over and over and over again everyday until it succeeds
Quote from LORD ZAPPY:
no offence, but you are copy most strats from the older gta 100% version. Angry

actually, i cannot believe someone speedrun in this time. so you must have lost interest. Shocked

No offense, but you are a faggot.
Lord Zappy is probably a troll. Do not feed the troll.
Edit history:
Greenalink: 2009-10-09 06:47:46 am
DS Dictator
* Comment deleted *
For obvious reason from recent event in this topic.
we have lift off
Stop replying to him, nothing he says makes the slightest bit of sense hes just trolling; there's a reason hes not registered...
Edit history:
Greenalink: 2009-10-09 06:48:16 am
DS Dictator
* Comment deleted *
For obvious reason from recent event in this topic.
My feelings on The Demon Rush
Okay, I deleted Lord Zappy's posts on this page because they obviously weren't leading to any meaningful discussion.

Quote from ExplodingCabbage:
Lord Zappy is probably a troll. Do not feed the troll.

Can't say it any better.
Not everyone is the same as you. Just because you lost interest doesn't mean he will. ¬_¬
Could you just leave or something? Thanks.