Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314151617 <- 1 ... 17
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Totally rad
Forget about that shitty 1:21:25 run! It's horrible. The time is now down to 1:20:14.
This run has a horrible Evidence Dash and has two unnecessary car switches before it. Other than that, there are a few minor things every now and then, but a solid run overall. I'll be aiming for sub 1:20 next.

Oh, by the way, I got a 14:30 Portland in this one. I'm pretty sure that 13:30 would be an option for a segmented run, should anyone want to do it. It would probably eliminate the Evidence Dash rain and make life a lot easier.

Anyways, video:

Niiiiice. Gratz! Will defo watch later.
Formerly known as Skullboy
Congrats Adam. Keep it up (or decimate another good game. Your call)
Is rain can be skipped by usual saving?
ChickenB0h BOH! :D
yes you can but you're never near save point being off mission
Formerly known as Skullboy
Saving can also mean that the next time it rains, it could also be at a worse spot than it was before.
You're gonna have rain at some point in the run.

Better just learn how to drive in it.
Edit history:
Patrick: 2013-06-22 09:29:23 am
Patrick: 2013-06-22 09:27:33 am
Patrick: 2013-06-22 09:25:41 am
Jolzi said that neither saving nor getting wasted or busted changes the weather. SCM had rain in Evidence Dash (like Adam) even though he had saved twice before that. If it worked then you could just get wasted after Blow Fish * and have a rain-free Evidence Dash.
* method: get injured by the explosion [with the right timing of the bomb activation it explodes right after you get out], then walk into the fire [dunno if it works reliably, hard to reach or luck based whether it burns you], or enemy fire^^ (pistol shots)
Well at ESA Josh was playing some GTA III offscreen and as that busta went away, I took over and discovered a glitch with the taxi missions I haven't seen before. It duplicates taxi fares which would be really effective in a 100% run, but it still has a few flaws. Still worth posting here, since I highlighted me showing it off after getting home from ESA.
I tried explaining everything in the stream but I was also tired so if you have questions I might be able to answer them. Other than that, yes I am working on a SS 100% run of this game but I haven't done too much yet.

http://www.twitch.tv/mrnojojojo/c/2635086
bug when u are able to pickup passengers as taxi is widely known atm and used in some of 100% games already
Never seen anyone do this though. I only know that people use the Banshee and do the fares with that, but I have never seen anyone duping the fares like that. Well sorry, nothing new then Tongue
FrankerZ
It's new to me Pete, MisterPost (who has the gta3 100% SS WR right now) does not do this. So nice find!
Totally rad
Nice find, Pete! The original taxi glitch only allowed one to carry around passengers in vehicles other than a taxi. Having double fares would speed things up a great deal.
Edit history:
PeteThePlayer: 2013-07-31 05:27:01 pm
Turns out the glitch doesn't always work, for example does it work on a fresh new file, but not on a file I have loaded (it starts the Vigilante mission intead when trying the Taxi glitch) so I need to find out what the deal is with that. This refers to triggering the Taxi missions in a Cop Car btw
Here is a 4x fare version of the glitch that MisterPost discovered with the help of me and Rapid_Influx

http://www.twitch.tv/misterpost/c/2680216

The only major problem is the purple blips. We don't know how to get rid of them once you finish. Saving/loading doesn't work. Either does finishing a mission or doing a taxi fare to the same place the blip works. But hey! 4x taxi fares

It is now confirmed that sub mission vehicles make the fares go up by 1x also
Totally rad
New best time in GTA3. The SS any% run has finally hit sub 1:20 RTA with a final time of 1:19:42 (probably a low 1:19 using SDA timing). I'm not done with this category, because I feel like I can shave off even more time (there are a few small mistakes in a couple of spots), but will submit this run to SDA, so that there will finally be a good SS run on the site.

Here's a video:

Currently occupying the grey area.
nice
Brilliantly done Adam. I'm hoping to start running this game myself, but I'm not comfortable playing GTA with a mouse and keyboard so I'll buy a 360 controller whenever I can and get to it.