Sad
page  <- 1234567891011121314151617 -> <- 1 .. 5 .. 17 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
This one looks great to me, Silmaranza. Smiley

Still thought perhaps you could've saved some more seconds by using the menu glitch straight away when you're assigned a suspect who's driving away from you?
The menu glitch only works when you're close to the criminal, unless that's not what you mean?
It was. That clears that up, then. Good work.
I'm the guy who complains yet never submits XD
It's looking good, I'm looking forward to the next segmant.
WOW, 2 minutes improvement. Even though its insignificant compared to the total time in your speedrun, it just shows how much drive you have for this speed run. Amazing job
Thanks for the support guys! Segment 8 is done already! Smiley

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5711397/14964370

I managed to get this on my third try, which is ridiculously lucky because the end of it is entirely based on randomness and I've never been able to do this segment this fast in my test runs. The first 20 minutes or so is completely unimportant for the segment time, since the only thing that matters is the time I reach Staunton Island and accept 'Sayonara Salvatore'. I arrive there in the 2:00-3:00 period and I'm 99% sure it's impossible to get there in the 1:00-2:00 period. I also have to get there before 2:40 otherwise I won't have time to deliver the Blista and get the package in the subway. So as long as I managed that, any mistakes wouldn't matter at all.

None of the missions are random, so completion time will vary minimally. What decides if I'll make it are the rampages. I had about 2:20 to complete both of them, so 1:10 per rampage on average, otherwise I would be too late. The rampages aren't easy either, so it was quite challenging. Fortunately they both went really well this time.

Not much to say about the missions really. In 'Big 'N Veiny' I drive over the grass in the beginning because that bend is evil. During 'Maffia Massacre' I keep watching the Kuruma to make sure it's there, I need it for the next mission. I use l2ebel's old strategy for 'Bomb Da Base' simply because I couldn't pull off his new one. I don't think it really matters though. 8 ball starts running after the first shot and I think he runs at a constant rate after that.

The time of the segment is determined by the end bit. I'd allow myself one trip up and down that road to find a Diablo Stallion (for later), otherwise I'd restart. After that I need to find a cop to shoot because I need a cop car for the next segment. I got very lucky to find one just outside my hideout and have a police car actually follow me into the hideout area. That has never happened before in my test runs, so this is pretty much as good as it can get. It's kind of a shame I got it so quickly, haha, this segment was really fun to play.

Whoohoo, done with Portland. Smiley
Expert Donkey Fister
some of the slightly changed routes during missions are interesting and molotovs never quite worked for me during sayonara salvatore and yeah, that cop car at the end was damn lucky Smiley
I actually found that shooting the mafia is very unreliable cause they got stuck in the roof sometimes. =/ Molotovs have never failed me.

Btw, I don't suppose anyone knows what determines the route of the checkpoints on 'Bling Bling Scramble'? I have done some testing and it seems to be completely random, I have no idea what to do to get the route I need..
Expert Donkey Fister
i think its random, it might be even harder than evidence dash to get everything right x_x
Nah, there's only 2 different route layouts, one very easy one and one difficult (well not difficult, just long and inconvinient). I need the easy (fast) one for my planning to work out, but it's frustrating when I have no control over this. I tried walking into the mission marker on different times, tried using different cars, different weather.. but no luck finding any consistency. Sad
we have lift off
Great job on segments 7 & 8, nice to see the improvement to segment 7, clearly worth the extra effort. Also very nice luck getting the cop car. As for this random bit, is it 50/50 for both setups? If so thats not too bad unless its right at the end of the segment I guess.
It's not 50/50. On my previous savegame at this point, I got the good route the majority of the times, like 80/20, but on this save it's the other way around. >_> I have no idea why either. But yeah, it's right at the beginning of the segment so it's not that bad.

Btw l2ebel, maybe a stupid question but how do you stop a replay after you play it? I'm trying out your car spawning trick.
Heavy Metal Powered
Quote from Silmaranza:
Thanks for the support guys! Segment 8 is done already! Smiley

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5711397/14964370

I managed to get this on my third try, which is ridiculously lucky because the end of it is entirely based on randomness and I've never been able to do this segment this fast in my test runs. The first 20 minutes or so is completely unimportant for the segment time, since the only thing that matters is the time I reach Staunton Island and accept 'Sayonara Salvatore'. I arrive there in the 2:00-3:00 period and I'm 99% sure it's impossible to get there in the 1:00-2:00 period. I also have to get there before 2:40 otherwise I won't have time to deliver the Blista and get the package in the subway. So as long as I managed that, any mistakes wouldn't matter at all.

None of the missions are random, so completion time will vary minimally. What decides if I'll make it are the rampages. I had about 2:20 to complete both of them, so 1:10 per rampage on average, otherwise I would be too late. The rampages aren't easy either, so it was quite challenging. Fortunately they both went really well this time.

Not much to say about the missions really. In 'Big 'N Veiny' I drive over the grass in the beginning because that bend is evil. During 'Maffia Massacre' I keep watching the Kuruma to make sure it's there, I need it for the next mission. I use l2ebel's old strategy for 'Bomb Da Base' simply because I couldn't pull off his new one. I don't think it really matters though. 8 ball starts running after the first shot and I think he runs at a constant rate after that.

The time of the segment is determined by the end bit. I'd allow myself one trip up and down that road to find a Diablo Stallion (for later), otherwise I'd restart. After that I need to find a cop to shoot because I need a cop car for the next segment. I got very lucky to find one just outside my hideout and have a police car actually follow me into the hideout area. That has never happened before in my test runs, so this is pretty much as good as it can get. It's kind of a shame I got it so quickly, haha, this segment was really fun to play.

Whoohoo, done with Portland. Smiley

besides that diablo rampage looking a bit sloppy this segment is awesome, that copcar in the end was just perfect, better luck than that doesnt exist

for the upcoming Evidence Dash mission: i always do this mission by taking the evidence transport with a bazooka shot, i play on the PS2 though, maybe this "solution" is impossible / harder to do on PC, but it might save time or aggrevation caussed by the cops
Yeah my time for the Diablo rampage is below average, but in the end it doesn't matter cause of 'Sayonara Salvatore', like I explained.

Could you elaborate a bit on that 'Evidence Dash' strategy? I'm pretty sure the Bobcat is bullet/fire/explosion proof in both the PC and PS2 version, so shooting it with a rocket won't hurt it at all.
Expert Donkey Fister
i think i hit f3 then f1 to stop it, cause twice f3 doesnt work or something
What happens if you flip the bobcat?
Heavy Metal Powered
Quote from Silmaranza:
Yeah my time for the Diablo rampage is below average, but in the end it doesn't matter cause of 'Sayonara Salvatore', like I explained.

Could you elaborate a bit on that 'Evidence Dash' strategy? I'm pretty sure the Bobcat is bullet/fire/explosion proof in both the PC and PS2 version, so shooting it with a rocket won't hurt it at all.

the PS2 version i got it is possible to blow that bobcat up using a bazooka, also running in to it with a tank so it will blow up works (cheat used to spawn a tank for testing)

i have one of the first PS2 PAL pressing series (got it the day after the release), as the PC version was released so much later they might have patched it up (might also been patched up in later PS2 pressings, dont know)
Expert Donkey Fister
Quote from ExplodingCabbage:
What happens if you flip the bobcat?

says "that one was just a decoy!, the real target is <wherever>"
Warepire, I got the PS2 PAL version on release day as well, and the Bobcat is explosionproof. Have you actually tested shooting it with a bazooka? The tank does work indeed if I recall correctly, but that's not an option since you can't get a tank legally at that point in the game.
Edit history:
Warepire: 2009-08-10 04:31:12 pm
Heavy Metal Powered
Quote from Silmaranza:
Warepire, I got the PS2 PAL version on release day as well, and the Bobcat is explosionproof. Have you actually tested shooting it with a bazooka? The tank does work indeed if I recall correctly, but that's not an option since you can't get a tank legally at that point in the game.

very strange ... for me that Bobcat is destroyable with a Bazooka, i shall ask a friend if he can blow that Bobcat with a Bazooka, if he cant my copy has to be faulty and i shall have it replaced

i will edit this post after i checked with my friend (in some hours)

EDIT: just tried the same thing on my friends copy of GTA3 and its impossible to destroy the Bobcat with the Bazooka ... i assume my copy has a corrupt sector or something that allows it ... ordered a new copy of the game
Currently occupying the grey area.
Just one question, does destroying more vehicles in the RC Rampages extend the time? if not, I'd rather not see a 90 second stretch of a toy car doing nothing. is there anything you can do other than destroy Mafia Sentinels?
Hey Ghoti, I only do that for 'Maffia Massacre' because I need to make sure that the Kuruma is there. Sometimes it doesn't spawn, and I need it for the next mission. Sorry for the boring bit, but there's no way to finish the mission any sooner.. just skip to the end I guess. On the other RC Toyz missions I just drive around a bit, doing nothing. I'm not sure if blowing up cars wastes time, but I only need one anyway, so I might as well not do any more (although I sometimes fail the Yakuza Stinger one even though I blew up a few cars, weird glitch =/ ).
Currently occupying the grey area.
As long a there's a reason for it. So i assume that the Kuruma isn't always there? It has been to the best of my recollection, but that was a fair while ago.
It's usually there, but it has a nasty habit of not spawing or disappearing during the RC mission. After I blow up one car, I go check if it's there and if not, I drive around the block until it is and then keep watching it. It was there right away this time so it wasn't really obvious why I was doing it.
Hows it going Silmaranza?