Smiley
Sad
page  <- 123456789101112131415 -> <- 1 .. 4 .. 15 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I'd be able to play Toki: Going Ape Spit for the Genesis. Estimate is about 50mins. I'd be happy to play it as a race if anyone else is interested.

I'm also learning Super Mario World, don't think i'm currently good enough to run it at a marathon yet, but I might be in July. Time would probably be about 2 hours.
Totally rad
Well, I'm certainly bringing my Genesis, so a Toki race certainly is a possibility.
Edit history:
TimpZ: 2013-03-12 08:17:45 am
TimpZ: 2013-03-12 08:16:52 am
TimpZ: 2013-03-12 08:16:28 am
TimpZ: 2013-03-12 08:15:58 am
Someone needs to convince Demon9, Samura1man, Greenalink or someone similar to come :/.

I might be able to learn Sonic 1 on the Genesis (I've done IL's of it before), but it wouldn't be great and I wouldn't want to focus a lot of practise on it. The problem is that it's one of the hardest of them to run and I suggested 3 Sonic games already :p. But I'll leave it here as a careful possibility.
Personal text
Ok, small update to my "I can play these games"-list and estimates:

Darkwing Duck (NES) - 0:20:00 (Added 5 minutes for safety + setup).
Mega Man (NES) (If Coolkid wants to play this, I'd rather watch him :)).
Mega Man 2 (NES) (If Nudua wants to play this, I'd rather watch him :)).
Mega Man 5 (NES) - 0:50:00 (Added 5 minutes for safety + setup).
Chip 'N Dale (NES) - All stages - 0:15:00 (Hopefully I can race this with Nudua).
Little Nemo: The Dream Master (NES) - 0:40:00 (If people are interested in this game, I will start learning it. 40 min should be a reasonable estimate, including setup time).
Speedrunner
@Jokaah

Little Nemo is one game that I really love, and it would be awesome to see that in the marathon. Ive casually speedrun it myself. Depending on my progress on that game. Maybe race?

So Im gonna do some adds here:

Metroid - NES
Any% 1-boss (40min) Yes. Very high estimate here. If kraid would go wrong and missiles.

Little Nemo - NES
Any% (45min) I have a pb somewhere around 32min. This can be improved.
Forgot to say, Dark Souls is going to be a race almost definitely. Like 75% of non-Japanese runners are either Finnish or Swedish so something would have to go horribly wrong if I was the only one to show up. At least Sorksorksork says he's coming.

Quote:
Someone needs to convince Demon9, Samura1man, Greenalink or someone similar to come :/.
This, I'd love to do Guardian of Light co-op with Greenalink.

Also, Toki <3
Edit history:
RoboSparkle: 2013-03-12 01:58:09 pm
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
TOKI! I still haven't subbed the hour yet but if a race is going to happen I'm more than willing to practice and join in, although if my times aren't at Adam/Shrimp standards (consistent sub-50s) by May then I'll pull out and concentrate on other runs.

Unless I can run the Amiga version instead... *cough* sub-25 *cough*

Also
Quote from Kotti:
Forgot to say, Dark Souls is going to be a race almost definitely
thumbsup
Personal text
Quote from dxtr:
Little Nemo is one game that I really love, and it would be awesome to see that in the marathon. Ive casually speedrun it myself. Depending on my progress on that game. Maybe race?

Dude, I've only made one (actual) run of it so far. But I would love to learn it, cause I really like it a lot Smiley Even though it can be quite brutal.
I'm up for a race if I manage to get a good enough time Smiley
$15 per rant/allegory
So I'm planning on coming for one or two days. I'm just listing my options for now. Here are games I can already run and would be happy to do:

Bayonetta - 2 hours 50 safe marathon estimate.
Left 4 Dead - At the rate we're going, we might have all four runners there. 2 hours estimate.

I would like to do Devil May Cry 3 - Very Hard Co-op Dante with DRSynj. 2 hours~ estimate. If I can only get one game, I'll take this. We will need to practice and optimise this, but we're already familiar with it.

The following are games I plan to run between now and ESA, so if you want them, there's a chance I might be marathon ready, just ask.

Metal Gear Rising NG, Normal - 2 hours~
Time Crisis 2 with Adam - 30 minutes.
I like to put up some games on the list to ensure entertainment.

I can play and not limited to.

Game : Dr. Mario (SNES)
Goal : 1 million points run and finish the game
ETA : ~1 hour
Information : I did this run at NLG Exhibition 2012

Game : Tetrisphere
Goal : Puzzle 1-100
ETA : 30-45
Information : When people donate enough I will boost the challenge for this game

Game : GoldenEye 007
Goal : 4 player multiplay ( 4p free for all and 2 vs 2 country battle ), LTK, 10 min per level
ETA : 1 hour ( can do about 5 levels - basement, complex, facility, stack and random as last )
Information : Donation will determine the weapon choice of the next level.

Game : Lord of the Rings Lego
Goal : Complete the game Any %
ETA : Currently a bit sub 5 hours
Information : Can do it faster but only add this game to the list is there is nothing else to fill up the roster.
Edit history:
TimpZ: 2013-03-12 04:57:18 pm
Also, I've gotten a lot further with routing Sonic Generations 3DS and I'm feeling confident that I will have it runnable well before ESA. So right now it's just the issue of getting a 3DS with capture and I would most definitely want to run it :/

I could have a time estimate before the 25th
I would like to add another game to the list.

Game : Bubble Bobble
Goal : Complete run ( incl secret passage levels )
ETA : ~1 hour
Information : Would like to co-op or race if anyone knows this game. Would been awesome to play with or against Arrow but I don't think he will attend this even Tongue
Edit history:
eTholon: 2013-03-12 09:58:56 pm
eTholon: 2013-03-12 09:49:30 pm
eTholon: 2013-03-12 09:45:31 pm
:D
I'll add in my latest project.

Game: Dynamite Jack
System: PC
Category:Any%
Estimate: A run is about 20-25 minutes so 30 minutes with setup

I'm gonna start routing the categories "All Cartridges/Crystals" and "100%" this weekend and if I find them interesting I can definitely have them ready at the time of ESA.
I don't know the estimates on those yet but I'd guess somewhere in the 40-60 minute range on both with 100% taking a bit longer. I'll come back to this post when I know.
I think All Cartridges/Crystals would be the more fun run to both play and watch because with how this game works it would kind of be the same as 100% except in 100% you have to replay some levels and have some special restrictions.

If only one of my games cut it I'd rather run Q.U.B.E..
Sorry for running random PC indie titles. :3

By the way, will PC games be played on a PC already set up for capturing and so forth or will the runner have to have his own laptop or something?
Infinite Combo
Quote from flicky:

I would like to do Devil May Cry 3 - Very Hard Co-op Dante with DRSynj. 2 hours~ estimate. If I can only get one game, I'll take this. We will need to practice and optimise this, but we're already familiar with it.

Would be a better speedrun with two ppl who know the game. I just like the final boss fights for co-op. Haha and I've never finished DMC3 Haha

So noe that I played Goof Troop , I kinda want to get good and race it, problem is, we'd want a 2v2 race but who hahaha
Infinite Combo
Quote from Jokaah:
Ok, small update to my "I can play these games"-list and estimates:

Darkwing Duck (NES) - 0:20:00 (Added 5 minutes for safety + setup).
Mega Man (NES) (If Coolkid wants to play this, I'd rather watch him :)).
Mega Man 2 (NES) (If Nudua wants to play this, I'd rather watch him :)).
Mega Man 5 (NES) - 0:50:00 (Added 5 minutes for safety + setup).
Chip 'N Dale (NES) - All stages - 0:15:00 (Hopefully I can race this with Nudua).
Little Nemo: The Dream Master (NES) - 0:40:00 (If people are interested in this game, I will start learning it. 40 min should be a reasonable estimate, including setup time).

I APPROVE OF NEMO SO DAMN MUCH, tho there exists swedish carts of this as in swedish text.. That tho would be epic hahahah but yes Nemo best nes game.
Personal text
Quote from IrregularJinny:
I APPROVE OF NEMO SO DAMN MUCH, tho there exists swedish carts of this as in swedish text.. That tho would be epic hahahah but yes Nemo best nes game.

<3

I guess I have no choice then
Precursor
Quote from IrregularJinny:
there exists swedish carts of this as in swedish text..

Really? Huh. I never knew that.

And I would watch the shit out of a Little Nemo run.
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2013-03-13 04:20:36 am
KennyMan666: 2013-03-13 04:20:12 am
Precursor
Today Kenny learned that the quote button is not the edit button, so ignore this post.
Edit history:
Edenal: 2013-03-13 05:57:55 am
Hockey enthusiast
Updated main post with a list of all currently suggested games. Some might have been missed though...

Or in case of Nev's 16 hour suggestion. Just ignored Smiley
Personal text
Total suggested time: 215:41:00
Total available time: 120:00:00

O_o
Quote from Edenal:
Updated main post with a list of all currently suggested games. Some might have been missed though...

Assault could be a bid war, Any% vs. 100%.

Also, I might suggest an other game as well. Both Assault and SF64 seems... "glitchless" (except for a glitch-ish thing in 64) and I would like to show a more broken game. I'll search around a bit and see what I can do.
Precursor
Quote from Edenal:
Some might have been missed though...

Or [...] Just ignored Smiley

Might be an idea to actually do list which games were deliberately "cut" already (perhaps in a second sheet there), so that noone needs to ask if a game they suggested has been overlooked or "cut" if they don't find it on that list.
Quote from Jokaah:
Total suggested time: 215:41:00
Total available time: 120:00:00

O_o

Do remember that there's a lot of duplicates (any% and 100%) and also that Neviutz's suggestions account for 30 of those hours :p.
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from KennyMan666:
Quote from Edenal:
Some might have been missed though...

Or [...] Just ignored Smiley

Might be an idea to actually do list which games were deliberately "cut" already (perhaps in a second sheet there), so that noone needs to ask if a game they suggested has been overlooked or "cut" if they don't find it on that list.

Only Nev's 16 hour game have been ignored. The rest are just misstakes.
Precursor
Alright, gotcha. Then this one was overlooked.

Did a quick check of the topic and spreadsheet and everything else seems to be all in order!