page  <- 123456789101112131415 -> <- 1 .. 13 .. 15 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Well im not going shirtless
Personal text
My only question about the schedule now would be why the DuckTales games are not in the disney-block?
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from Jokaah:
My only question about the schedule now would be why the DuckTales games are not in the disney-block?

ESA2012 started with the two Duck Tales races. That's why they are both very early this year.
Smörgåsbord
Yeah, one other big reason is that if we added Duck Tales to the Disney-block, that would mean 5 runs for Bangerra in like 2 hours time. But if him and Dxtr would be up for it, I see no reason why not adding it to the Disney-block.

Speedrunner
Duck tales..    Wo-ho!

I think it's fine where it is.
$15 per rant/allegory
Quote from Svenne:
ok Flicky, Between when you arrive and your first run there is 20 hours, then between your first run Bayonetta/Devil May Cry 3 there is 7h55min, between DMC3/Time Crisis 2 there is 6h15min, between Time Crisis 2/Metal Gear Rising there is 10h25min.

We placed Time Crisis 2 on Saturday so you will have time to practice, which is what you wanted in the earlier post. If you would be able to start doing runs before the Sonic block, we could change some stuff to even further fit your needs.

What we cannot do is having Metal Gear Solid and Batman: Arkham City too close to eachother, we would not want Robo to do 8 hours of runs with only a small time break inbetween runs. Same goes for AdamAK. Smiley This is the best we can do when you only will be coming for the last 2 days.

This one is better but you're still requiring me to be up at all times over 24 hours. If you move DMC3 to be near something else I'm doing (or move the something else) then that's perfectly fine. I don't mind being up at ass am, but if I need to be awake late then up at ass (with the setup, that's 7 hours gap minus practice/shower/eating time so about 5:30 sleep) that's not going to work. I don't mind my games having bad slots, if you want to move Bayonetta to after Arkham City I can do that then crash afterwards or wake up really early for it I don't mind that. If I'm to sleep between Bayonetta & DMC 3 then that'll be the same time I need to be awake for the next day. I slept 6am-12pm every day at AGDQ this year - no exceptions.

I know I'm being a pain but I really want to make a good showing of my runs here and I don't want to be a zombie dragging DrSynj through DMC3.

tl;dr - put DMC3 next to one of my other games and all is perfect.
Smörgåsbord
So we did major changes to the schedule, these does only concern the last 2 days.

Stelzig will not make it so we removed Super Mario Sunshine but Samura1man might come, if he does we will add it again.
Speedrunner
Suggesting Ghosts n Goblins as a backup. Just in case.
Edit history:
flicky: 2013-06-05 09:39:32 am
$15 per rant/allegory
New schedule looks really good and all my times are absolutely doable, thank you so much.

However... (this damn flicky...)

I can see that your Sunday is planned to be the awesome finale day with the big franchises and runs and stuff (Zelda, Pokémon, Super Metroid) which is good, we were apprehensive for AGDQ but it worked brilliantly. Good.

The problem is, the Sunday here starts at 1:30am and these amazing and popular games are in some really dead slots. I implore you to consider swapping some games from Saturday daytime with the late-night Sunday games. Zelda 2 & Pokémon deserve good slots and to just straight up move the rest into afternoon slots. This puts these big games in much better time slots (People need to see ProJN's work) moves the more "adult" games into later slots and shoves less popular games (ie, Bayonetta - which hey! is the same estimate as Pokémon and 1/100th as popular) into a later slot where they belong.

I would promise to stop messing with your schedule after this, but I can't do that.
Edit history:
Partystar: 2013-06-05 09:44:29 am
Partystar: 2013-06-05 09:34:57 am
Partystar: 2013-06-05 09:31:24 am
The schedule looks great. Too bad there is only one Castlevania game.

Also for DKCR i've given the estimate of 2 hours, but I barely get a run slower then 1:45. Last year at NLG I  gave a 2 hour estimate and made it in 1:48. But I have drastically improved my run since I started practicing for ESA.  I think my average is now getting to under 1:42 and I'm aiming for a sub 1:40 for ESA. So maybe the 2 hours is a bit of over estimate. Also for SGDQ 1:55 is the estimate, for AGDQ a two hour estimate was given.  I personally don't mind a bit of overestimate as it gives me peace of mind.
Smörgåsbord
PartyStar, then we will keep it a 2 hours so you can be calm. Smiley

We changed the schedule again but I personally feel the previous schedule was alot better then the one we have now. I think people would pull all-nighters to watch a finale like we had, before this most recent change. Pro_JN was happy with his spot that he had, he thinks Zelda 2 got a bigger US crowd then EU so a time from 01:00 and forward would be good. But having alot of Nintendo games or having the PC games on prime-time we could debate that all day. Now the PC games got it on Saturday and we moved the classic Nintendo games to prime-time the day before.

Precursor
Small thing due to me misremembering what version of the game Wery had - Wild Guns will be PAL, not NTSC. This does not change anything else about it.
Smörgåsbord
Quote from KennyMan666:
Small thing due to me misremembering what version of the game Wery had - Wild Guns will be PAL, not NTSC. This does not change anything else about it.

Fixed
Okay, I'm going to start my training soon for the ESA, and I have a question : can I drop the DK64 or is it too late/troublesome?
A few month ago, when I decided to do this run at the ESA, I was starting to learn the game. I was pretty sure to love it. But in fact I lost interest for it and I'm afraid I won't be able to provide a good show during the marathon with this game. I would prefer to spend my time to train my 2 others runs. Is it possible or not? Sorry for the inconvenience.
Edit history:
Svenne: 2013-06-10 06:40:34 am
Smörgåsbord
Quote from A-M:
Okay, I'm going to start my training soon for the ESA, and I have a question : can I drop the DK64 or is it too late/troublesome?
A few month ago, when I decided to do this run at the ESA, I was starting to learn the game. I was pretty sure to love it. But in fact I lost interest for it and I'm afraid I won't be able to provide a good show during the marathon with this game. I would prefer to spend my time to train my 2 others runs. Is it possible or not? Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yeah, we removed it A-M. The schedule has been changed so check it out! We added the DKC games to the end of the "smash block" and alot of other stuff. We added Ghost N' Goblins.
Ok thank you !
just( •_•)>⌐■-■ ..... (⌐■_■)wing it
the Mega Man X3 game needs fixed on schedule.  My understanding is that it will be the XC version on PS2 which makes low% possible in sub 40 minutes.  SNES is impossible to sub 40 in.  Just letting ya know schedule fix
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from zewing:
the Mega Man X3 game needs fixed on schedule.  My understanding is that it will be the XC version on PS2 which makes low% possible in sub 40 minutes.  SNES is impossible to sub 40 in.  Just letting ya know schedule fix

We are aware of that. Speedrunners are in general aware of that, casual gamers will simply be confused and think it's a misstake if it's labeled as Ps2.
Thanks for pointing it out though Smiley
I noticed that I'm put up for running on the 17th on the schedule, which sort of clashes with my sign-up dates which are 18-20... I can change that to 17-19/20, if I need to. I just have to tell my boss which days I'm not actually available. Tongue
Quote from ibldedibble:
I noticed that I'm put up for running on the 17th on the schedule, which sort of clashes with my sign-up dates which are 18-20... I can change that to 17-19/20, if I need to. I just have to tell my boss which days I'm not actually available. Tongue

Then I suggest you do so ^^
Smörgåsbord
Quote from ibldedibble:

We changed the schedule to fix this.
Edit history:
Partystar: 2013-06-11 02:08:25 pm
Partystar: 2013-06-11 02:02:37 pm
Quote from Svenne:
DKC games to the end of the "smash block" and alot of other stuff. We added Ghost N' Goblins.

Ah. Why was it moved? I was actually pretty happy where it was, because I'm a evening person and my comrade Meridian is playing on early Tuesday morning. Of course I understand that changes are needed to make the best out of the schedule. On the other hand the afternoon is a good moment for a wakeful mind.
Smörgåsbord
It was moved to fit better with the rest of the schedule. Smiley

I have the unfortune to have to say that Nudua cannot make it because IRL stuff. Joka will play Chip N Dale - Rescue Rangers without him. And this also means, no Mega Man 2. If not someone as good as him would want to run it, ofc.
Who's gonna do the interview of Next level gaming?
Me, while playing Dr. Mario or Karel?

If noone takes MM2 slot, I'd like to step in with another game Smiley
Edit history:
Svenne: 2013-06-12 02:54:10 pm
Svenne: 2013-06-12 02:53:55 pm
Svenne: 2013-06-12 02:53:25 pm
Svenne: 2013-06-12 02:53:14 pm
Smörgåsbord
Quote from Meridian:
Who's gonna do the interview of Next level gaming?
Me, while playing Dr. Mario or Karel?

If noone takes MM2 slot, I'd like to step in with another game Smiley

Mega Man or no dice. Because atm, the only place possible to add a game would be where megaman 2 was. So if the game that you are suggesting is not megaman 2,3,4 or 6, it would not work.