Sad
page  <- 123456789101112131415 -> <- 1 .. 10 .. 15 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Svart Lyser Tronen
I cannot participate the full marathon. I have a trip and gotta leave Friday 19th 13:00.
So the Half-Life race (Friday 22:30) needs to be placed earlier to work out, thanks.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from Edenal:
Two games have been cut, those are Terranigma och Croc.

Demons! =O

Yeah, my time slots are fine ^^ Really, unless they're exactly 12 hours apart with the first one starting between 2 and 6 a.m, I should be fine with everything, so feel free to move my second game around to whereever. Of course, cross-talk with yourself before moving Goof Troop Wink

And such a shame Idolm@ster is no longer a bidding war option =(
$15 per rant/allegory
If you're sticking with the current design for the doc, can you at least freeze the left most panes with the time on them.
Edit history:
Neviutz: 2013-04-12 10:19:52 pm
Speed is all that matters.
Quote from Alko:
And such a shame Idolm@ster is no longer a bidding war option =(

We discussed this for a long time. I decided in this situation it's better to cut it for the sake of the marathon.
Under different circumstances it would have been a great addition, but with what we have now there would be a downside to it.

Don't worry, though - I'll still bring it to the marathon so you can even play it yourself if you want to Wink
Smörgåsbord
Quote from flicky:
If you're sticking with the current design for the doc, can you at least freeze the left most panes with the time on them.

We fixed that. Here is the schedule for ESA 2013: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al2bOTojRyCldHpiZjJlZUtRRDJ2N21KVG5aNUdXaUE#gid=0

The official one will have the games under your own time-zone, this one is (UTC +2)
Precursor
So, question: Bionic Commando Rearmed is listed as any%, but it has the 100% time estimate. Does this mean I get to do the 100% after all? If so, yay!

Also, with those time slots... I should finish BCR at about five in the morning, and then I'll only have three hours to rest before I'm going to play Wild Guns... that might get hairy. The obvious solution is to go to bed after Toki and wake up for BCR... but I want to watch the Rockman X runs.

Such are the hardships first world problems of a speedrun marathon participant.

But except for the part where all my runs are before noon (but there's always going to be crappy timeslots for someone), I'm liking this schedule. The only part I liked better in the draft was having Toki as the first game because that would have been all different kinds of amazing.
Hockey enthusiast
Bionic Commando is any%. It's going to be corrected.
Precursor
Alright, works for me! The earlier posted draft has the time for that listed as 0:50:00, but 0:40:00 is safe even including setup time (I'll bring my own X360 to guarantee there won't be any Live shenanigans during setup). I've figured out some things since AGDQ so I don't really mind repeating the category now.
After doing several practice runs I would have to ask the time for the Wipeout 64 run to be expanded to 20 minutes as it was in the previous schedule. Unfortunately I didn't take into account the loading times between tracks and this really adds up in the end so with setup and all 15 minutes is too short :-\. You can cut my F-Zero X time down to 50 minutes as that should be enough to make up for it.

An idea was suggested in the chat on my stream to have donations to run the 2 extra Expansion Kit cups for F-Zero X. I think this is a great idea but it would of course add significant time to the run. Maybe something for the bonus stream?
Looking good. One change I would make is to have something longer than Ducktales be the first game. That early in the marathon people are still only joining the channel and are likely to miss the entire run if they're not actively waiting for the stream to start.
Edit history:
Chrno: 2013-04-14 07:16:19 pm
WOW.
Having Tony Hawk's Underground 2 in the middle of a bunch of indie PC games seems a bit out of place, it would probebly be better suited being either in the first PC block before Nimbus, or even after Hero Core if you don't want to put it there.
Personal text
Quote from Kotti:
Looking good. One change I would make is to have something longer than Ducktales be the first game. That early in the marathon people are still only joining the channel and are likely to miss the entire run if they're not actively waiting for the stream to start.

Completely agree!
Only Offense Will Survive
Everything looks fine to me.
Looks good to me. If anyone has Meat Boy on a 360 then I will happily do it on that.

The only difference between the two are loading times and the 30mins should compensate for all of it easily.

Whatever is easier as I cannot bring a PC (As I live in England) and do not own a 360.

What would be best?
I'm bringing my laptop which can be used for PC runs and I'm sure I won't be the only one. For on site practice a console is a better choice though,
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from Kotti:
I'm bringing my laptop which can be used for PC runs and I'm sure I won't be the only one. For on site practice a console is a better choice though,

This is great news. We'll work on the details later in another thread.

We'll create a couple of new thread in the weeks to come. Final sign-up thread with instructions, Tech thread and Schedule thread. That being said...

Game suggestion is, and have been closed for a while now.
Quote from iMysty:
Looks good to me. If anyone has Meat Boy on a 360 then I will happily do it on that.

The only difference between the two are loading times and the 30mins should compensate for all of it easily.

Whatever is easier as I cannot bring a PC (As I live in England) and do not own a 360.

What would be best?

I'm planning on bringing my 360 and I have Super Meat Boy on it!
And I'll bring my hard drive as well anyway so I have access to my CVHD file, and I too have Meat Boy on it, so I don't think there'll be a problem. Smiley
Brilliant. I was just making sure waaaaaay in advance rather than leaving it till the last minute and messing everyone around.

I'll wait for the new threads to talk about that then.
Quote from quadrazid:
I cannot participate the full marathon. I have a trip and gotta leave Friday 19th 13:00.
So the Half-Life race (Friday 22:30) needs to be placed earlier to work out, thanks.

Is this being sought after? It would suck if we were unable to do the race (which would make quadrazid not willing to come at all).
Edit history:
Svenne: 2013-05-04 11:26:38 am
Smörgåsbord
No worries Coolkid, you race midnight between tuesday and wednesday right now on the schedule: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al2bOTojRyCldHpiZjJlZUtRRDJ2N21KVG5aNUdXaUE#gid=0
Oh I see, thanks!
Edit history:
Joka: 2013-05-05 01:29:48 am
Personal text
Someone should probably update the main post with the actual schedule Smiley
Make it so.
Yo, I think I may have to cut Streets of Rage 2, it's kinda unreliable a lot of the time and not necessarily that interesting a watch.

Also there is the issue that I've been playing the steam version and haven't been able to locate an NTSC console cart (or the console itself) that isn't borked completely, and doing it on someone else's PC is just asking for trouble.

If we absolutely still need it in for whatever reason that's fine but I think logistically it would be better cut.
$15 per rant/allegory
Reduce the DMC 3 co-op estimate to 1:45 and it you'll need to move it to a later slot as travel is looking real shifty for getting to Skovde on the 18th. Looks like I'll be arriving early on the 19th now.