List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Reverse Death Valley Bomb
and Final Fantasy X from my list then.
Hockey enthusiast
Fixed
Precursor
I swear, I'm really not trying to nitpick about everything today, but while I'm in that mode: Battle Offline, not Online Battle.

And now I'm done.
Reverse Death Valley Bomb
Yeah there are many errors we can clean up, but as long as your name is there next to a game you 'almost' suggested then we should be fine until we actually fix up a schedule. When that time comes we can correct everything!
Edit history:
Partystar: 2013-03-13 10:46:36 am
Partystar: 2013-03-13 10:45:20 am
In addition to DKCR, I'm thinking about a second (short) game:
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (VC) any% Maria run

An estimate would be 30 mins? I did not have properly prepared this game yet but I did some casual running 2 years ago but I had problems beating the row of bosses. I cannot confirm this game before the deadline, so I did not added it in my first suggestion. What I can do,  is a little bit of experimenting whether it is feasible for me to do a nice run and whether I like practicing it. However DKCR will have my priority. I think no one is doing all their suggestions right? So when I don't feel confident with this game, it can be put off the list right?
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from Partystar:
In addition to DKCR, I'm thinking about a second (short) game:
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (VC) any% Maria run

An estimate would be 30 mins? I did not have properly prepared this game yet but I did some casual running 2 years ago but I had problems beating the row of bosses. I cannot confirm this game before the deadline, so I did not added it in my first suggestion. What I can do,  is a little bit of experimenting whether it is feasible for me to do a nice run and whether I like practicing it. However DKCR will have my priority. I think no one is doing all their suggestions right? So when I don't feel confident with this game, it can be put off the list right?

It works the other way around. When you are comfortable that you can make the game work, then we can put it on the list.
^Ok. thats better indeed. Thanks for your reply.
Edit history:
Svenne: 2013-03-13 10:08:17 pm
Svenne: 2013-03-13 09:42:02 pm
Smörgåsbord
Okay, looks like adventure games are a thing.

Monkey Island 1,2,3,4
DiscWorld 1&2

I only got ETA on Monkey Island 3, 1:15:00. That tim was what I got without prior practice against Welpenhund in dec.

edit: we raced hard mode which in MI3 is Mega Monkey.
Hockey enthusiast
Made a major review of the games document.

Tiberius
Sonic 2: Platform / Version?

KennyMan
Duo Princess: Estimate?

RoboSparkle
Added all of your titles. Though most of them are under uncertain. However it's no problem moving one or several of those to the safe list when we come closer to the final schedule.
Personal note: You can never have enough SEGA-games!

Pipe / RE4 guys
Please explain what New Game+ and the other RE4 modes mean.

Otherwise the list should now be up-to-date. A few games have been moved to the uncertain section. Each game for it's own reason, and they range from hardware issues to runners not having started playing the game. Basically it's a way to remove them from the schedule discussion until the reason it's on the list no longer is present.
Precursor
Oh, I said I wouldn't do Duo Princess this year. I wrote it down as part of me looking over my runs from last year and what I wanted to do again, and as I said there, I don't feel it's worth repeating already since I had a good run of it then and there's not much new I can do with it. I might bring it back with a 2-player run in 2014, though!

theenglishman told me on IRC that RE4 "New Game Pro" just means that it's on Professional difficulty, and you can do New Game+ for that too.

Also, Wery did say over on the planning forum that he was still down for the Wild Guns co-op run.
For Resident Evil 4, New Game + means starting with a cleared file, all necessary weapons and items already in the inventory (Sunblade runs the normal difficulty mode I think, need confirmation). New Game pro is a new file in professional difficulty (that's why it's longer).
I only run the new game pro category and don't have any interest in the other ones because it's too different.
Make it so.
Quote from Edenal:
Tiberius
Sonic 2: Platform / Version?

I use the GameCube Megacollection version, I like the controller Also I can blow people away by being the only sonic runner to use the analogue stick Tongue

Also like TimpZ said, revise the estimate to 30 mins just in case.
Edit history:
iMysty: 2013-03-14 01:00:20 pm
You can add Sword Master for the NES to the uncertain part of the document or the 1P from me if you want.
It's a game I have been playing around with and love. I will play and practice it some more come back to you with it.
Including set up I would say an ETA of 15mins. I can easily do it in that time now to be honest but it is whether you want it in.
Quote from Tiberius:
I use the GameCube Megacollection version, I like the controller Also I can blow people away by being the only sonic runner to use the analogue stick Tongue

No you won't, because I'll be using the same thing
Edit history:
Sunblade: 2013-03-15 05:43:40 am
Only Offense Will Survive
I have seen the document and I am up for the challenge. Smiley (RE4 Wii)
A-M did not play NG+ so far.

EDIT: If you play New Game+, you use a savegame from a previous playthrough for better inventory. Normal Difficulty is standard there, A-M is going to play the PRO difficulty in New Game.
Hockey enthusiast
I think New Game (not +), any difficulty would be the best fit.

Thoughts about that?
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2013-03-15 07:34:27 am
Precursor
The part that gets me about it is that with the time estimates given, New Game+ on Normal is supposedly only faster than a New Game on Professional by ten minutes. You'd think the combination of better starting inventory and lower difficulty would save more time than that.

Yes, I know they were suggested with two different versions of the game, GC and Wii, but surely version differences can't be that massive?

(this post isn't actually an opinion on which one should be in since I don't really know anything about RE4. I'm just honestly curious. I have a bunch of opinions regarding the current game list, but I think that now is not the time for them!)
Edit history:
Sunblade: 2013-03-15 07:46:21 am
"Resident Evil 4, Wii, New Game+ (Normal) - Estimate: 2:10:00 (I'll still improve, but estimate should still remain the same)
Might learn something else too, I'll see how stuff goes."
Thats what pipe posted. Unfortunately I dont know him and cant tell how strong he is in Resident Evil 4 but my estimate would be no more than 1:50:00 in New Game+ on Wii.

A-M should definately try his New Game Pro SS Run at the event since he is the only one in the world who speedruns this.
Sunblade, do you play another game than RE4? Because in my case I have also Maximo and maybe another one. I'll feel guilty if I play RE4 and that you come for just watching.
Not constantly but I could do Doom 3 BFG Edition (Lost Mission) on Marine Difficulty in no more than 00:40:00 (if I die several times) or Dead Space 2 New Game+ (02:40:00).
Make it so.
Quote from TimpZ:
Quote from Tiberius:

No you won't, because I'll be using the same thing

You use the stick too? <3
Heh, amateurs...
Sorry for the confusion, I will not be going to ESA.
Quote:
Not constantly but I could do Doom 3 BFG Edition (Lost Mission) on Marine Difficulty in no more than 00:40:00 (if I die several times) or Dead Space 2 New Game+ (02:40:00).

Dead space 2 can be a cool choice... anyway, for now please reserve a space of 2h20 for A RE4 run. We'll see if Sunblade or I will run depending on the number of each player's run accepted (at least one per player). And if it's a draw, maybe we can use use a bidding system based on donations to determinate the type of run?
Here is an example how New Game+ looks like if anyone is interested:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4D7B4A3163CF4B34

I did not finish the run yet but I am going for 1:34:xx
Edit history:
eTholon: 2013-03-16 09:35:24 pm
eTholon: 2013-03-16 02:21:15 pm
:D
So after routing, practicing and running Dynamite Jack (PC) for a week so far I can suggest these categories and estimates.

Any%
25 minutes with setup. A run is about 20 minutes long right now and a perfect run with my current IL records would be about 17 minutes so this estimate is gonna stay pretty consistent even after 4 months from now.

All Cartridges & Crystals (I shorten it All C&C)
65 minutes with setup. A run is about 50-60 minutes long. This estimate might go down 5 or 10 minutes with more practice and optimisation but it's a pretty good general estimate I'd say.

I once again wanna remind that I'd rather run Q.U.B.E. if I only get one game. Smiley

PS!
A donation incentive for Dynamite Jack could be to play it with one hand!