--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Infinite Combo
Quote from Noizeeh:
Here we go :

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS2 - any% -  : 5:30:00
That's the estimate if things go really bad, but it will definetly be faster Smiley

Hope it's NTSC? or JP with Trinity Glitch? :oooo

props for sub that if you run PAL ver.

at any rate, I wanted to ask
if a KH2 game gets in, is it possible for a Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix gets in?

but the general question is if, yes it is illegal to play back up discs, but the reason for me asking is that
there is a English patched version of KH2FM (which was only released in japan) but that simplifies a speedrun, not allowed for SDA obv, since is considering Game Manipulation, but would it be ok for a speedrun marathon IF a KH2 game gets in that is, since I think ppl enjoy the game more if they can read it since it's translated to english.

If so I want to run it.

but 6:00:00 est for that tho but yes this is only question, not getting too many hopes up.

bcuz if it doesn't get in this marathon, but still gets you know a "yes but not on this marathon" then I have some more to work for.

well for Future References I guess.
thx
I have a friend who's interested in coming with me. He doesn't want to sign up for a game officially but perhaps a donation incentive could be Super Smash Bros: Melee - Classic Mode. The estimate would be about 10 minutes but you could expect it to be around 5-8 minutes.

He call himself VJ and he knows a lot about the game so it might be a cool extra with insightful commentary (especially since we got iirc Stelzig and Ying coming too).
Edit history:
Edenal: 2013-03-25 08:58:32 am
Edenal: 2013-03-25 07:53:10 am
Edenal: 2013-03-25 01:30:21 am
Hockey enthusiast
This is a list of games that are cut for ESA2013. These were all fairly easy cuts for us to make.

Abadox
- Mostly an autoscroller.
Adventure Ponies
- Setup time would be longer then the game. Don't believe there's enough audience for this game.
Assassin Blue
- Freeware without an audience.
Batman: Arkham Asylum
- Requested by the runner
Dear Esther
- Walking around a deserted island. Not entertaining enough.
Elder Scrolls: Arena or Daggerspine
- No estimate from the runner.
Far Cry 2
- There are other FPS-games suggested that we believe would fit better for ESA.
Final Fantasy X
- We wanted to have a marathon without long RPGs. Really with as few long games as possible.
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
- There are already 2 Half-Life games we want to feature. Half-Life 1 and 2.
Iji
- Another indie / freeware game. Even though it's suggested by the creator, we believe his other games are better fit.
Journey
- Enjoyable for those who understands it. Not for the majority of viewers. This game was present last year.
L'Abbaye des Morts
- Slow paced indie freeware.
Lord of the Rings Lego
- May not be a bad fit, but it's pretty long. It was cut to make room for other games / runners.
Mega Bomberman
- Ran last year.
Monkey Island 3
- We don't think a point and click would fit. Even though it's a very popular game.
Tales of Xillia
- Not really cut 100% yet.
Tales of Xillia 2
- Not really cut 100% yet.
Octodad
- We all love this game. But we want remember it for AGDQ2013. And if anyone should run it, it's Kotti. (With mouse-cam)
Pac-Mania
- We don't think this game brings enough to the table. Compared to the other games on the list. Robo already have a couple of games. Smiley
Penny Racers
- Runner have other games, and there's already alot of racing games.
Pepper 2
- Pac-Man-ish game. For those who do not know the game. It's very hard to tell what's going on.
Ragnarok Battle Offline
- Requested by the runner
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
- Featured both at ESA and AGDQ. It deserves a break.
Shadow Man
- Not very visually appealing. (As most N64 games). No real fan following.
Sonic Spinball
- Sonic block is already very strong.
The Goonies
- Ran at ESA last year.
The Idolm@ster 2
- Not sure about this one either. Possibly going up vs another game in a bid war. But it's not strong enough to have a guaranteed spot.
X-Men Destiny
- Another one of those games with no real following. And a long one at that. There are other games who we think have bigger potential.
Final Fantasy XIII
- We wanted to have a marathon without long RPGs. Really with as few long games as possible.
Final Fantasy XIII-2

Any DS / 3DS games should also be considered gone, since we have no way of capturing them.
Details about what games are in the clear or still on the fence will be posted as we go along.
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2013-03-25 02:31:47 am
Precursor
Why would you cut Iji when we have Remar himself coming to run it Sad

And good thing that Scott Pilgrim was my lowest priority after withdrawing Ponies and RBO (and the latest patch has made some run-technical things weird anyway).

And now that we're talking schedule, I definitely want to mention that I am of the strong opinion that one single game should only get to be on the schedule once. While I wouldn't be surprised if you're working with that too, I know we had at least two games that had two runs on the schedule last year.

And finally, you can go ahead and lower my Ufouria any% estimate to 0:45:00. I don't know why I said 50 originally because that was always a bit too high.
Only Offense Will Survive
Will the google document be updated soon?
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from KennyMan666:
Why would you cut Iji when we have Remar himself coming to run it Sad

And good thing that Scott Pilgrim was my lowest priority after withdrawing Ponies and RBO (and the latest patch has made some run-technical things weird anyway).

And now that we're talking schedule, I definitely want to mention that I am of the strong opinion that one single game should only get to be on the schedule once. While I wouldn't be surprised if you're working with that too, I know we had at least two games that had two runs on the schedule last year.

And finally, you can go ahead and lower my Ufouria any% estimate to 0:45:00. I don't know why I said 50 originally because that was always a bit too high.

The only game that might end up on the schedule twice is Zelda 2. One normal run/race. And once a glitched run, but it won't be on the main schedule but rather added during a Setup-Buffer if we've got time.

Quote from Sunblade:
Will the google document be updated soon?

Precursor
Quote from Edenal:
The only game that might end up on the schedule twice is Zelda 2. One normal run/race. And once a glitched run, but it won't be on the main schedule but rather added during a Setup-Buffer if we've got time.

Well, yeah, a bonus glitched run is a different thing. When I say "on the schedule" at this point in time I only mean on the "published" schedule, so that one game doesn't eat into our total available time twice before we've even started.
$15 per rant/allegory
Octodad being cut confuses me.
Edit history:
DRsynj: 2013-03-25 07:14:12 am
Reverse Death Valley Bomb
A short description as to why games have been cut, similar to a line or two Uyama usually gives, would be useful if possible.
Edit history:
Partystar: 2013-03-25 07:37:59 am
^Yes. Also good for when people consider a game to run. Of course running a game is all about having fun. But in addition it would be nice to know,  if the game you're planning to put serious effort in, is anticipated for a marathon. Though you can determine it for yourself if a game has potential for various reasons. But marathon organizers might have more reasons.
Hockey enthusiast
Updated my previous post.

We've taking several aspects into consideration. First of all, we've tried to give a game to everyone who wants to run a game. Obviously this only goes so far. If you would suggest a 15 hours game who noone has ever heard of before... Go figure Smiley

For those games posted above there a 3 main reason why they've been cut.
1) We wanted to try a marathon without a 8+ hour RPG.
2) There are more interesting games from the same genre/series.
3) We believe that game would result in massive viewer drops.
Edit history:
RedArremer: 2013-03-25 08:13:18 am
RedArremer: 2013-03-25 08:12:50 am
RedArremer: 2013-03-25 08:05:31 am
Expected X-Men to go. Maybe until next year I can cut it down significantly enough, or we'll have some Awful Games block where it would fit into.

That said, you can slim down Eversion from 20 to 7 minutes. I've done some runs today for practice, and the longest I had was that time (like, the very first run I did). I think I can easily get sub 5, maybe even sub 4, but I think 7 leaves enough wiggle room. The 20 minutes was just a VERY rough estimate, lol.
There's 2 additional endings that could be donation incentives. That would make it perhaps 10 minutes in total (for all 3 endings).

As for CVHD.
I was talking with Ozzy the other day and suggested the following possible incentives/bid wars available:
Bid wars:
* Character (Soma, Alucard, Jonathan, Shanoa, Charlotte, Julius, Yoko, Richter, Maria, Simon or Getsu Fuma) - this can be per stage or for the entire run. Latter would probably be preferable to prevent a lot of micromanagement.
* English or Japanese voices (can also be per stage)

I don't think character colors are significant enough to be listed.

As for incentives:
* Hard Mode
* DLC stages (base game has 6 stages, and there's 5 additional levels available)
* Showcase of some funny zips and glitches (would likely add a few more minutes to the schedule)

The 45 minutes estimate would be towards Hard Mode all 11 levels with the slowest character (Charlotte), but I'll do some runs with all of the 9 characters, and if some of them are just SIGNIFICANTLY slower, I wouldn't mind dropping them from the roster of choices.

Hope this helps! ^_^
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from RedArremer:
Text

Go sell a kidney and get a new copy of Demon's Crest! Smiley Or if you are comfortable with it, I'm sure we will have a PowerPak at ESA so you can play it anyway. If you can practice on emulator that is.
Quote from Edenal:
Go sell a kidney and get a new copy of Demon's Crest! Smiley Or if you are comfortable with it, I'm sure we will have a PowerPak at ESA so you can play it anyway. If you can practice on emulator that is.

LOL!
I can practice it on emulator, but wouldn't 3 games be greedy? Tongue
Quote from Svenne:
I asked Staffan about it and he said Paradox Interactive have almost no contact with the team that made Penumbra but he said we could try asking the developers!

I've now e-mailed Frictional Games.
Speedrunner
Quote from RedArremer:
Quote from Edenal:

LOL!
I can practice it on emulator, but wouldn't 3 games be greedy? Tongue

We were all kinda bummed when your cart broke down. Demon's Crest is  really cool game and we would love to see it here. If i buy it, you play it? <- Semi-serious.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
I have great respect for those doing the schedule and I believe they are doing their best to make a great marathon.
I have also not compared the suggestions list with the cut list. So if my point is completely insignificant due to one such game on schedule, ignore this post Wink

That said, I do feel that it has been a good idea in the last three AnyGDQs to include an 8 h+ JRPG, namely Final Fantasy VII/VIII/IX. I do believe one of them will be set for SGDQ13. I would favour one single JRPG à la Final Fantasy to be present in this marathon. It can, of course be split into two parts as has been the way to go for AnyGDQs.
Edit history:
RedArremer: 2013-03-25 11:34:17 am
Yeah, I heard you all were sad about me pulling out Demon's Crest. OK tell you what, I'll add it to my practice list. We'll figure out if I'm comfortable enough to run it at a marathon come May 1st. If anyone brings the cart or a power pak with DC on it, I'll play it.
I'll see if I can maybe extend my knowledge to run 100% or at least good ending any% instead of bad ending any% which is what I've done until now and skips most of the game. Sound good?
Speedrunner
@RedArremer "Sound good?"

I love it!
:D
Quote from RedArremer:
Yeah, Demon's Crest. OK. I'll play it. Sound good?

(I took away some unnecessary parts from the quote)

I'd LOVE to see a Demon's Crest run! :3
Lol @ Octodad
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from Alko:
That said, I do feel that it has been a good idea in the last three AnyGDQs to include an 8 h+ JRPG, namely Final Fantasy VII/VIII/IX. I do believe one of them will be set for SGDQ13. I would favour one single JRPG à la Final Fantasy to be present in this marathon. It can, of course be split into two parts as has been the way to go for AnyGDQs.

Maybe I should elaborate on our thought process.
We all agree that long RPGs have great potential, especially Final Fantasy titles being well known. Though we don't want to copy the *GDQ concept straight off. And our primary goal for ESA is not getting large amounts of donations, or necessarily only play the most popular games, it's to be an event where there european speedrunning community can come together and grow. Hence we've been hesitant to let very long games onto the schedule, to make room fore more games and more runners.
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2013-03-25 04:43:22 pm
KennyMan666: 2013-03-25 04:43:12 pm
Precursor
By the way:

Quote from Edenal:
Elder Scrolls: Arena or Daggerspine
- No estimate from the runner.

Elaborate because he did give a one hour estimate when suggesting it, and the spreadsheet did have a 1:00:00 in the estimate column for it. So saying there was no estimate is certifiably false.
Dog
I'm confused about Octodad as well. But other than that, the decision were chosen pretty well. I also think that we should maybe have only 1 Pokémon game (2 With Pokémon Snap), both Sapphire and Leaf Green were suggested. But thats my opinion.
I agree with ThaRixer, I think one (main) Pokemon game should suffice.