Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Piston: 2013-03-15 11:13:55 am
Heh, amateurs...
GUN - PC - Any% - Less than 90 minutes
Make it so.
Quote from TimpZ:
Sonic 2 any% - Estimate 30 min. I'd love to do a race with Tiberius, but I do think an estimate of 25 is very unsafe considering most impromptu runs are 24-27 minutes. Just look at AGDQ13 ;). GC

Good point, 30 is probably much safer and more reasonable, especially if it's on a TV where my cue for Metro 3 is different etc!

I'd say you're better than me at S3K by now easily, that's why I didn't suggest it myself, but I'm willing to help you tag team style if needed, I could take some levels or something, whatever you fancy Smiley
:D
Q.U.B.E.
PC
Any% I guess Tongue . It's a linear start-to-finish game with no collectibles or anything.
Estimate: 40 minutes to be safe. A run right now averages on about 31-33 minutes.

I'm looking into learning something else aswell right now and july is still far away so if there's room in the schedule later on I might add to this post.
Edit history:
iMysty: 2013-03-13 08:43:19 am
iMysty: 2013-03-13 08:42:53 am
iMysty: 2013-03-03 10:33:57 pm
Super Meat Boy Any% - PC - 25 minutes at the moment. I am working on getting that lower.

*Edit*

I also forgot to mention that I play Sword Master NES. Trying to work on getting to a really good time. At the moment a rough estimate would be around 12mins. But am working on getting that under 10mins. This is a maybe game from me.
Only Offense Will Survive
Quote from pipe:
Resident Evil 4, Wii, New Game+ (Normal) - Estimate: 2:10:00 (I'll still improve, but estimate should still remain the same)

Might learn something else too, I'll see how stuff goes.

This.
Could do it in 1:41:00.
Totally rad
Quote from oasiz:
GTA III (PC) Any% SS,  1:45 including setup and luck.
Same estimates as AGDQ since mistakes can cost quite a bit of time.
A fast time would be 1:25.

Could possibly try GTA:VC if I get more motivated to practice it a lot more to get it ~10min faster.
PC Any%, 2:10~ estimate (with setup), a fast time would be around 1:50.

Both are heavily RNG dependant.

Perhaps we could do a race? By the time ESA comes around, I'm sure we'll be very even in both games, as I'm practicing both games daily.

Other than that, I could run:

Amnesia: The Dark Descent [Any%, with major skips] - estimate is about an hour (with setup). The overall time for the run depends a bit on whether I mess around a little bit throughout the run (like at AGDQ) or simply go for fastest completion.

Sonic The Hedgehog (Master System) any% or 100% - estimate is about 25 min for either category (including setup). A game that is very different from its Genesis counterpart, but has a very cool speed run (albeit with far fewer zips).

Sonic The Hedgehog Chaos (Master System) any% - estimate is around 20 minutes (including setup). Has an interesting run, with really short levels (thanks to some nifty optimisation).

Batman Returns (Master System) [any% with really major skips] - estimate is 5 minutes. The current best run is 1:41 minutes, because I skip pretty much the entire game. Due to the brevity of the run, this one could be good while a game on another platform is being set up, perhaps?

There's a ton of other games I could do, but I'll leave it at this for now.
Hockey enthusiast
Great to see that so many are interested!

We're not going to reject any suggestions right now. I'll update the first post with information on how we plan to progress with schedule tonight or possibly tomorrow. Oh, last date to suggest games is March 25th.
Quote:
Oh, last date to suggest games is March 25th.
Why so soon, is it just for some preliminary schedule?
Hockey enthusiast
Yes. March 25th the first soft deadline.

Some time early April, the first schedule draft should be complete. We expect the definate schedule to be complete May 1st. That is exactly 2½ months before the event.
Best of all is if you can quickly spread the word about ESA and that we now take game suggestions! That way we can get this going more quickly and increase the HYPE!

This year stuff will have to get done more quickly, so don't hesitate to tell every speedrunner you know about it Smiley
I can run (all times include an extra 5-10 minutes for setup and marathon luck):

Hydra Castle Labyrinth - PC - Any% (40-45 minutes) or 100% (40-45 minutes).
You Have to Win the Game - PC - Any% (10 minutes) or 100% (25-30 minutes).
Assassin Blue - PC - Any% (30-35 minutes).
L'Abbaye des Morts - PC - 100% (15 minutes; though I reaaaaally need to practice that game beforehand if anyone wants to see it run).
Heavy Metal Powered
Quote from Kotti:
Penumbra games x3, PC
Any% (30min each)

I think Paradox Interactive has an office in Skövde. If these games are ran, maybe it might be interesting to check if the developers will be able to come over? (Unless it puts too much stress on the runner)
Smörgåsbord
Quote from Warepire:
Quote from Kotti:
Penumbra games x3, PC
Any% (30min each)

I think Paradox Interactive has an office in Skövde. If these games are ran, maybe it might be interesting to check if the developers will be able to come over? (Unless it puts too much stress on the runner)

Request granted, I know Staffan Berglen, Associate Producer @ Paradox Interactive so I have sent away a question about it! Wink
There's a few games I could run I guess.

- Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
Category: Any%
Estimated time: 4 hours should be the estimate, although the goal would probably be sub 3:30. But a high estimate is the best. This is the game I'd like to do the most.

- Star Fox 64 (VC/N64)
Category: Any% (?)
Estimated time: 30 minutes, with the NTSC version. I COULD do this run, but I am not that well practiced I must say.

- Star Fox: Assault (GC)
Category: Any%
Estimated time: 1 hour, although sub 50 should be doable in a marathon.

Then of course we have my awesome PAL-only game TAZ Express. This would be really silly though, but maybe as a more joke-ish run.
Edit history:
RedArremer: 2013-03-04 05:16:59 pm
RedArremer: 2013-03-04 04:43:55 pm
RedArremer: 2013-03-04 01:03:17 pm
RedArremer: 2013-03-04 12:58:07 pm
RedArremer: 2013-03-04 10:55:18 am
RedArremer: 2013-03-04 10:37:14 am
RedArremer: 2013-03-04 10:36:25 am
Should I be able to come (I can't confirm it for now), these are the games I could offer:

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair [X360]
Category: Any%, all levels, no zips
Estimated time: 30-45 minutes
Donation incentives: English or Japanese voices (can be altered per level), Character choice (possible as character per stage, or 1 character for all of the run), character color (each has 7 or 8), Hard mode maybe (I'd play Hard mode generally, but I'm perfectly fine with it being a donation incentive too)
One possible incentive would be for me to do a little showcase of some of the acceleration glitches and zips, if so desired (I'd like some clarification if that would be a desirable incentive, so I'd start learning them).

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin [DS]
Category: Sisters Mode Any%
Estimated time: 45 minutes
Donation incentives: Hard Mode, all Bosses, Japanese or English voices, filename, file picture
Other: Can only do that if someone provides a DS with capture device (I don't have one yet)

X-Men Destiny [X360]
Category: Any%, Easy Mode
Estimated time: Still working on routing this, but about 2.5 to 3 hours seems likely
Donation incentives: Normal Mode, character choice, power choice (3 each), faction choice (X-Men or Brotherhood), costume choice (there's 3 available from the beginning and choices can be adjusted during the run, the costume pickups are random however), additional incentive could be playing through all bonus missions
Other: The answer to the neverending question of "when's Marvel?"

Demon's Crest [SNES]
Category: Any%, bad ending
Estimated time: 25 minutes
Donation incentives: Not feeling comfortable enough doing good ending or 100%, sorry =/
Other: The cart of that I have recently broke, I don't know if I'll be able to get one until the event.

Eversion [PC]
Category: Any%, "bad" ending
Estimated time: 20 minutes
Donation incentives: Showing the 2 bonus endings

Let me know if there's anything you guys would prefer to see, and I'll focus on it.
Edit history:
coolkid: 2013-03-04 11:14:21 am
Half-Life (PC)
Any%
Estimate: 45 minutes

Mega Man (NES) with glitches
Any%
Estimate: 24 minutes

Quake (PC)
Any%
Estimate: 20 minutes

Those are my main games. I'm also offering HL1: Opposing Force (~32mins) MMX2 low% (~46mins), MMX3 any% (~45mins), Metroid II any% (~70mins),
Edit history:
A-M: 2013-03-04 11:14:20 am
Yeah! ESA incoming!

Here are my games:

Resident Evil 4 (GC), New Game Pro, estimate : 2h20
I see there will be other runners on this game (hi Sunblade ;), hi Pipe ;)) but in a different category.... so I don't know wich one will be accepted

Maximo Ghosts to glory (PS2), any%, estimate : 1h10

I can also do Metroid Prime, I improved a bit my strats but nothing extraordinary, maybe I have to discuss about it with Dalfen
Crash Team Racing (PS1) any% race with Cypryss estimate 1:10

Also gonna be learning Yoshi's Island so if I'm good enough in time I'd want to do this game unless someone else offers to do so, we'll see.
$15 per rant/allegory
Quote from coolkid:
Half-Life (PC)
Any%

Any%

Quake (PC)
Any%
Estimate: 20 minutes

Those are my main games. I'm also offering HL1: Opposing Force (~32mins) MMX2 low% (~46mins), MMX3 any% (~45mins), Metroid II any% (~70mins),

Well shit
Is PJ
Please let coolkid run anything he wants.
Svart Lyser Tronen
Quote from coolkid:
Half-Life (PC)
Any%
Make that a race.
coolkid vs. quadrazid
Personal text
Quote from coolkid:
Any%

Well shit, I want to see this. Your WR is amazing Smiley
Edit history:
Edenal: 2013-03-05 05:18:16 am
Edenal: 2013-03-05 03:22:32 am
Edenal: 2013-03-05 03:22:06 am
Hockey enthusiast
I'm going to put down my suggestions aswell.

Goof Troop 2-p (With Alko) ~ 30 min

Super Return of the Jedi (Easy/Jedi difficulty) ~ 40 / 50 min
- I'm getting very solid 36 minutes times on easy right now. Jedi difficulty can be a real troll. It's just pure luck if you survive certain stages. (But totally doable with marathon strats! Except the final Falcon stage which is all RGN)

World of Illusion ~ 20 min
- Ran this last ESA. Putting it down, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Can learn Super Empire Strikes Back, there are already some guys in the SSW-community running it so it's already routed. Engine is the same as RotJ. As a reference the best times on easy are ~40 minutes right now.

Updated first post.
Edit history:
CpKaka: 2013-03-05 05:48:06 pm
Super Mario 64 [VC]
120-Star
2h
Edit history:
S.: 2013-03-05 07:55:48 pm
S.: 2013-03-05 02:35:49 pm
Portal 2 - Any% Coop with Xebaz - PC - 1:00:00

Half-Life 2 - Any% Old Engine - PC - 2:50:00

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Any% - PC - 2:20:00