--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
ThaRixer: 2013-03-30 07:48:58 pm
Dog
If we need to cut time, Put Jak 3 estimate down to 1:20, honestly i will never get a run over 1:10 :p. I guess lower Jak 2 by 5 minutes aswell (making it 1:50), every minute counts if we need to shave off time Smiley
Edit history:
RedArremer: 2013-03-30 07:59:44 pm
RedArremer: 2013-03-30 07:58:57 pm
RedArremer: 2013-03-30 07:58:14 pm
If I were to run Demon's Crest 100%, you can put the estimate more towards 1h than 25 min - my estimate is for bad ending any%. I'd like it to be on the Uncertain list for now, though.

Also, again, Eversion can be cut down to 7 minutes on the schedule (though, if you wanna make a wider margin for the donation incentive, 10 would be enough).

Finally, I've tested CVHD with Charlotte; 45 minutes seems like a good estimate in case ALL DLC stages are achieved. The 6 main stages are going to be less.
Though I'm thinking of not allowing Charlotte, Maria or Yoko in Chapters 10 and 11. Tongue
Quote from Edenal:
A small technical heads up. To limit setup issues we've decided to not have any races with more than 2 participants.
Having a race at 360/Ps3 is no problem at all. Racing high-end games on PC is another matter since we've not figured out the PC situation. (If the runners would provide thier own laptop/deskptop it's all good though)
I can get behind that, makes things a lot easier to get working. I'm sure we can still come up with something interesting, after all there are potentially six people coming.
I'm sorry for the late notice on this, but I'd drop Resident Evil 4 run (A-M is running it in a more attractive category?), so I should think he should run it instead.

I'd run Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS3, HD Collection). Currently working on it everyday. Estimate should be about 1:45:00 to be safe (I'll probably improve until ESA)
Only Offense Will Survive
Quote from pipe:
I'm sorry for the late notice on this, but I'd drop Resident Evil 4 run (A-M is running it in a more attractive category?), so I should think he should run it instead.

I'd run Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS3, HD Collection). Currently working on it everyday. Estimate should be about 1:45:00 to be safe (I'll probably improve until ESA)
Its still listed because of a race between you and me. If you drop it nontheless I can do it on my own. 1:50:00 will be way enough.
Hockey enthusiast
Kotti: Let's see what happens and who shows up. And we'll take it from there.

pipe: I'm sorry. It's too late to add new games. And we are already over-budget in the time-department. Are you dropping RE4 or are you still up for racing Sunblade?

Sunblade: Roger!

Just some fixes to my stuff:

DMC 3 co-op is a safe 2 hour estimate, not 2:30.
Metal Gear Rising is New Game Hard Mode now and change estimate to 2:15

Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising & DMC 3 are all on 360.
Time Crisis 2 is on PS2.
I see that the estimate for Metroid Prime is 1h30,it's too short, please put 1h50 to be safe
You can put SMG2 down to 3:45 or 3:40 as well. There shouldn't be any problems getting a sub 3:40 in a marathon but I guess you could take it at 3:45 to be extremely safe.
Hockey enthusiast
Corrected!
What happened to A-Ms Resident Evil 4 speedrun? Did he drop this one?
Yes I have 3 other games to run so I drop the Resident Evil 4 run. (and a race between NG and NG+ would have no sense at all). So you'll run this game on your own
Edit history:
Alko: 2013-04-07 02:24:50 pm
Alko: 2013-04-07 02:24:44 pm
Alko: 2013-04-07 02:24:43 pm
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from Alko:
Astérix and Obélix for the PAL-SNES […] estimate to be added after Crystals for Life.

Any% time: I just managed 1:15 with what I call a disgrace for a speedrunner. sub 1h for any% should be very comfortable. Check updates in the practice thread, I might still shorten that one. I still need to keep you posted on all bonus stages, if that is still an option ^^

Edit the day after: ~0:45. That's more like it ^^ So under an hour including setup unless all bonus stages.
I'm up for RE4 race then!
I am looking forward to the challenge. :-)
Its a shame that you, A-M, dropped RE4 for ESA but I will hype the shit out of myself when you play Metroid Prime.
haha, no prob Sunblade Wink
Edit history:
oasiz: 2013-04-10 10:57:38 am
Iha paska
Haha at octodad, no offence dude but it makes it sound like the game is being cut just because a good run was featured before. That reason doesn't make sense since every game that had a good run previously at a marathon should be cut based on that argument. Then again, I might have understood it wrong.
Not saying that it must get on the schedule but the reason just caught my eye.
It's not about the quality of the speedrun of Octodad, it was how it was presented, how the atmosphere was that moment and how amazing it was for most people seeing it done for the first time. The run itself was probably fine (I can't really tell) but it was more of a so called "thing". Just an awesome moment we think works once and doing it again won't give the same "shock and awe" sort of impression.

That's my best way to describe it anyway.
Edit history:
Edenal: 2013-04-11 02:56:39 pm
Hockey enthusiast
Here's the first schedule draft:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApEWxszNBGpHdG9xQ18zZzR5TzF0MjVBNk12RVV3bEE#gid=2

Times are local Swedish. (GMT+1)

Pretty sure some games have been missed.
Two games have been cut, those are Terranigma och Croc.

Estimates have been adjusted +/- 5 minutes to fit into 10 minute blocks.
Edit history:
Joka: 2013-04-11 02:42:04 pm
Personal text
My first thought are: Wow.. I have games around midnight until like 1 am.. then at 7 am the next morning :/ And then at midnight the following night

.. gonna be fun :>
Could be a lot worse
Well, first drafts usually have a lot of that ^^'

Fixes will happen, just gotta start somewhere.
Quote:
[00:21] <Kotti> Amnesia's slot makes no sense at all
[00:22] <Zvenne> I thought it was a scary game
[00:22] <Zvenne> but look it through and stuff
[00:24] <Kotti> Yeah, you still don't want a PC game by itself between a bunch of console games nor do you want to separate Penumbra and Amnesia
[00:25] <Zvenne> write your thoughts to edenal :3
Smörgåsbord
Quote:
<Zvenne>: why not seperate amnesia and penumbra, I have amnesia, but I havent played it yet
<Kotti>: Same dev, same engine, same gameplay
$15 per rant/allegory
Time Crisis 2 isn't on there.
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from flicky:
Time Crisis 2 isn't on there.

That's a misstake. We'll make sure to add it!