--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Svenne: 2013-05-31 07:12:39 pm
Smörgåsbord
We have a list that we use, with the cut games and suggestions from people who are coming to ESA but the games that are accepted in have to get approval by a group of several ppl. Smiley

edit: Yngve cannot come so no Contra 3 this year, we just have to wait for Hurblat next time. :3

Kung Fu is added to the schedule, it will be a race Frezy_man vs. Wery
Edit history:
KVD: 2013-06-01 02:14:09 am
KVD: 2013-06-01 02:13:47 am
KVD: 2013-06-01 02:12:23 am
Shame about Yngve. Another guy from the NLG posse, Pierre L'Hoëst (KartSeven) will not make it either. That means SMK will not be a race (sniff sniff..)
Consequentially Dragon's Lair can be removed from the schedule, which was like 10 mins only.

Just as a note, Meridian did a blindfolded run of Tetrissphere last night (all 100 lvls based on memory). He only had a few hick-ups, but it should be "easy" to sort those out the coming weeks. I think that would be quite a hype run to have on the schedule. I found the memory aspect pretty impressive (but I guess that goes with blindfold runs in general...). And the fact that he could do the whole game in a speedrun-esque time. :-)

I think Edenal is aware of this slot suggestion though, but just giving it a heads-up, so it won't be overlooked when alloting free'd up slots.
Speedrunner
Im glad that Frezy decided to do several games. Cheesy

and noooooooo.. No dragons lair?!
Yes blindfold Tetrissphere would be really hype to have on the schedule. in addition to the memory aspect there are parts where there is timing involved as well.
Smörgåsbord
no dragon's lair, too bad. I was looking forward to see somebody beating the first 2 rooms..

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is added to the schedule, KennyMan will play Ramona on NG+ Supreme Master
Edit history:
Svenne: 2013-06-01 06:45:18 am
Smörgåsbord
Dark Souls is now a race between Kotti and SorkSorkSork @ Any%
Edit history:
MrLonghair: 2013-06-01 09:05:24 am
MrLonghair: 2013-06-01 09:04:01 am
Audio-guy. twitchtv:ohgoddamnit
Attention dear runners;
By default you will be outfitted with a headset microphone, however there are lapel mics available as a choice as some find headsets uncomfortable.
If you'd like to wear for a lapel mic for your run, send me a PM and I'll make a note of it for the audio department so that we'll know ahead of time.
$15 per rant/allegory
I would like lapel mics so I can talk to the people I'm next to.
Precursor
I'm quite likely going to want a lapel mic for all of my runs too.
Reverse Death Valley Bomb
Are we talking Madonna style headset like last year or full blown Logitech G35? If I have to have something over my ears I would prefer a lapel mic
Smörgåsbord
What does this have to do with games suggestions? XD

This thread is not as active so I guess we can use it for mic discussion. I also would also use a label mic! (Had to look it up)
Precursor
Maybe it's time for an audio thread or something. Or general tech thread for both video and audio and whatever stuff.
Edit history:
MrLonghair: 2013-06-01 02:32:04 pm
Jammed it in here for the sake of catching the eyes of runners, but I have been thinking about making a general audio thread under tech covering audio capture, streaming, marathon setups and some good knowledge and guidelines. People tear their hair out and spend way too much trying to solve issues that can be taken care of for less than $50 at all times, and sometimes there's $500+ worth of equipment but only $5 worth of knowledge in putting it to use - I'm writing instructions for ESA, to be printed out and shared, eventually shared here in that future thread.

Made notes of your names, there will be information and nametaking during ESA on the spot, the goal is to never let a runner lose focus by one of these Madonna style headsets itching or feeling too tight. Lapel mics require the wearer to speak a little louder but we'll fix that live on the mixer.
Showing you how to PWN games!
Hi guys,
I would like to suggest Tetrisphere Puzzle mode.
This is a game with soem upcoming popularity and would sure be a nice game.

Also for my Dr. Mario run in which I been given 55 minutes, I'd like ppl to donate whether they want me to make 1 million points as I do my speedrun.
Adding this score challenge is a much better way of entertainment.
As for Tetrisphere, ppl can donate to let me play blindfolded. Cheesy
Edit history:
Svenne: 2013-06-03 12:23:24 pm
Smörgåsbord
I changed my mind, I will use mic #2!

Kval and Svampen cannot make it so their games have been removed from the schedule.

We added Abadox and changed Batman: Arkham City to 100%.
$15 per rant/allegory
I have no idea where to point out schedule problems but I'll do it here:

Aside from some weird decisions (Classic NES/SNES Disney block starts at 00:25, Bayonetta is in the afternoon, Catherine at Prime-time, Vice City in the dead of night - protip, move Catherine to where Disney Block is, Disney Block to before Zelda 2 & Bayonetta to after Vice City) my game times aren't going to fly at all.

I arrive at 1am so there is no way I'm going to be able to run a co-op game five and a half hours later. Likewise, the next day, I can't run a game at 6am, another at 9am until 11:05 then be awake/fed/showered/practiced six hours later for a run. These don't merge together for me at all.

You guys really need to refine the schedule that bit more. Some days are really smart, others don't make any sense. I know it's hard to organise games by when people are available, which is why I'm pointing mine out.
Personal text
My games are at really good times. Please, don't move them any more :>
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
^ These two. Anybody who is really unhappy, especially about their own time slots should speak up ASAP.
The organisers need to know the constraints yesterday at best.
Dog
Will the mic the runner and everyone else uses just a microphone placed somewhere? Because i dont like the idea of only the runner wearing headsets.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
As far as I can remember the audio setup discussion, there will be a handful of mics around, one of which will be given to the runner, the remaining up for grabbing by commentators. There should also be an atmosphere catching mic, so that loud talkers may be heard without a mic of their own.
Edit history:
Svenne: 2013-06-04 01:09:45 pm
Svenne: 2013-06-04 01:08:24 pm
Svenne: 2013-06-04 01:07:44 pm
Svenne: 2013-06-04 01:06:57 pm
Svenne: 2013-06-04 01:05:08 pm
Smörgåsbord
The Disney block also has Disney's Extreme Adventure Skateboarding and Kingdom Hearts 2 in it, I just wanted to point that out. We gave that block a better time now, start about 2 hours earlier. Some games before it got moved a day later and some runs will start at a earlier time.

ok Flicky, Between when you arrive and your first run there is 20 hours, then between your first run Bayonetta/Devil May Cry 3 there is 7h55min, between DMC3/Time Crisis 2 there is 6h15min, between Time Crisis 2/Metal Gear Rising there is 10h25min.

We placed Time Crisis 2 on Saturday so you will have time to practice, which is what you wanted in the earlier post. If you would be able to start doing runs before the Sonic block, we could change some stuff to even further fit your needs.

What we cannot do is having Metal Gear Solid and Batman: Arkham City too close to eachother, we would not want Robo to do 8 hours of runs with only a small time break inbetween runs. Same goes for AdamAK. Smiley This is the best we can do when you only will be coming for the last 2 days.

GTA: Vice City will nolonger be a race. It will now be run by AdamAK.

I have serious problems with headsets that go behind the head instead of over. Can't tell from the picture if that is the case.
Edit history:
MrLonghair: 2013-06-04 05:30:56 pm
Quote from ThaRixer:
Will the mic the runner and everyone else uses just a microphone placed somewhere? Because i dont like the idea of only the runner wearing headsets.

Clip-in mics are an option, runners and commentators prioritized. The "crowd" will have ordinary microphones pointed at them, but tuned in such a way that applause or laughter will not overpower the important audio.

I hope to get a "couch ambience" mic setup to capture audio in that area inbetween runs while mics are switched.

Quote from S.:
I have serious problems with headsets that go behind the head instead of over. Can't tell from the picture if that is the case.

Just behind and below, but there's an alternative for those mics.

Unless you have a shirtless run donation incentive and desire an extra challenge.