--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Jfrybro: 2014-01-18 03:26:38 am
Jfrybro: 2014-01-18 03:26:33 am
Jfrybro: 2014-01-18 03:26:32 am
So I am just picking up this game and finished my first play through, it looks really interesting to speed run. I can't wait to join you all! After reading 13 pages of thread of course.....

EDIT: Up to page 5 now, have to sleep eventually. WOW This game is broken. Can't wait to see the rest
Is there any interest in a DMD! glitchless run?
The Darkest Light
absolutely Smiley
Glitch advocate
Edit history:
CrypticJacknife: 2014-04-15 01:52:51 am
CrypticJacknife: 2014-04-15 01:52:43 am
Ganondorf = Donkey Kong LOOK IT UP!!
So I've been toying with this all over again. Hit a new Heaven or Hell PB with 48:58 RTA, no clue about the IG time.

Through testing I've managed to get Mission 2 to sub 1:50 thanks to AKheons new skip Smiley

Mission 13, okay here is where we hit a weird point.
I just ran through and timed Devil's Dalliance with that new skip, indeed it saves time. Got down to ridiculous IGT like 1:20. An obvious problem arises here. Thus far for PC it's been determined what the record is by In-Game Time, obviously to avoid advantages due to PCs. Here however, the in-game time doesn't actually count any of the time you are in the secret mission.

By RTA however it is still faster, though not by as drastic an amount. Should we continue running with In-Game Time and let the secret mission slide or should we time it or what? D: Complications. If we don't time the secret mission we'd need to work out some type of SDA timing :v

EDIT: Ooookay I got a 30:29 In-Game Time (w/out secret room timing), 47:29 RTA :O Was a minute and ten behind at Bad News. A lot more potential to go Tongue
Edit history:
AKheon: 2014-04-15 09:08:42 am
Glitch advocate
Hey, nice to see you're running DmC again.

Relying on in-game time is a bit problematic in DmC since the timer can be abused. If you wanted to make a pure in-game time record in some mission, you'd probably want to enter a secret mission and escape it to permanently disable in-game timer for that level.

Also, Aphox created a more optimized way to do the M13 skip in regards to how to handle the unloading of the 2nd part of the level. One of his newer DmC streams should have the method down, so check it out if you didn't see it yet.

Another potential time save might be doing a secret mission warp in M16. However, what makes it difficult is that we don't know where the Traversal secret mission map is in relation to the other parts of the level. There might be a height difference that makes finding to the other secret mission harder than it should. However, if we found a path from Traversal to the other secret mission, and the other secret mission would be near enough, then that would be a skip.
Edit history:
CrypticJacknife: 2014-04-15 09:59:33 am
CrypticJacknife: 2014-04-15 09:53:15 am
CrypticJacknife: 2014-04-15 09:52:41 am
CrypticJacknife: 2014-04-15 09:37:50 am
CrypticJacknife: 2014-04-15 09:34:09 am
CrypticJacknife: 2014-04-15 09:28:31 am
Is the more optimised way Gliding to the side of it (the trigger doorway) at a curve then triggering the final area death plane to stabilise the level? Cz that's what I'm doing Tongue May check it out just for the hell of it. Mission 16, yes. This level desperately needs a skip (I say that with it already being pretty broken). You're the secret mission master are there any opportunities FOR BOTH RTA AND IGT? At least before something with timing is agreed upon I'd prefer any skips to still be faster RTA as well as In-Game Tongue

On a side note, dat Under Siege skip. Surprisingly consistent for how fidgety it looks.  I explored down to the area where you need Kat to open the door to where Vergil is, surely SURELY there must be a way to finesse your way around the edges of the level. The invisible wall from the last tall room is pretty powerful and suprisingly wide too, but it just seems odd that the skip remains useless beyond that point.

Crazy stuff, I checked out my splits and turns out my Sum of Bests is 44:11, A crazy 3 minutes and 20 seconds faster RTA :ooooo Could a low 28 in-game be possible?

EDIT: A side request, you got yourself a Twitter AKheon? Shocked Breaking and strategising like this definitely warrants a faster way to converse and throw back and forth. Same goes to you Aph0x (son I know you read these). This thread will work lovely as always regardless, but figured it was wise to check anyway.
Edit history:
Aphox: 2014-04-15 10:01:15 am
Aphox: 2014-04-15 10:00:59 am
Aphox: 2014-04-15 10:00:58 am
Also know as L0rdy
Last time I picked this game up because of the new skips I basicly got a sub 45 RTA ( I never time me runs ingame time ). But well I got really pwned by mundus so it didnt happen sadly : /. So my best run is still a low 45... sadly I always forget to save the twitch videos nowadays and you cant watch the runs anymore T_T.
Mundus pls ; ~ ; That's what plagued the end of my run too, 30+ seconds just swallowed up by Mundus being an asshole. Oh well, at least the more it gets broken the less time we waste each time he trolls us. Losing 15 seconds in a 3 second mission (M20) doesn't help the finale of the run much either x(

If it was a low 45 using the same strategies I'm employing I'd presume it would be a low 29 in-game, maybe more likely a mid 29 considering the speed your PC runs loads compared to mine, but well it shouldn't matter it wasn't saved in time once some smoother runs come along :3

Just be sure to remember to save next time you run if you decide to Wink
Glitch advocate
After doing the secret mission warp in M13, Aphox just infinite jumps upwards a certain length and then Glides towards one of the corridors that lead to end level. No need to get Dante killed at any point or hit extraneous loading triggers.

I've searched around for a while in M16, but never found where the heck the other secret mission map is located. Not a surprise since that map is just one small room, easy to miss, and I suspect there is a decent height difference compared to the Traversal secret mission as well. But it we're lucky, the second secret mission map might still not be too far away.

I don't have a Twitter. I have a Skype, though.
Edit history:
CrypticJacknife: 2014-04-15 10:58:07 am
CrypticJacknife: 2014-04-15 10:54:42 am
OOOOOOOOOOOh okay that makes sense, hmm...not sure how much that would actually save, the set up I'm using is pretty damn fast, respawn like 5 or so seconds after you spawn outside of the bonus room and then just do the rest with IL strats. Will look closely at that Smiley

Shall happily join you then on this quest for the secret room loading zone, will report if I find anything ^^
The Top of the Bottom
What would the various categories for this run be? It seems like the only run is NG+ HaH difficulty with sequence breaking aloud. I'm considering doing a DmD run, perhaps after I finish up my current 2 runs I'll look into it more.

Are any of the sequence breaks platform specific? I've heard that the infinite Angel Dash glitch is PC only (even after the patch) and since I have yet to get it in my 200+ hours of playing the game on PS3 I'd have to say that it probably is PC specific.
Edit history:
AKheon: 2014-04-15 10:03:32 pm
Glitch advocate
You've heard wrong. Angel Glide works on all platforms before the patch. I've personally played and glitched the game on PS3, runners have mostly played on PC. As for platform-specific skips, some skips have a different setup or execution on console because of slower loading times, but that's pretty much it. If you're curious, I wrote a glitch FAQ about DmC that is on GameFAQs that is pretty up to date with glitch info.
If you are curious about how much combat stays in form during a DMD run MGSPhantom, you shouldn't be too worried. There are quite a large amount of mandatory fights all things considered, they just seem like less in HoH because well, they are. Even with that said, people have made glitchless categories if you are worried about that. The main problem is most of us have been running the very fastest category. That certainly doesn't mean there aren't many other possible categories that would be considered legit, even glitchless and with/without Super Dante. You have DMD, Nephilim NG+ and one that I've actually been gandering at which is Nephilim NG. My point is just run what you want, there is plenty of different types to see Smiley

Also, the glitch faq mentioned above: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/605600-dmc-devil-may-cry/faqs/68707
Wonderful work AKheon I never told you that Tongue A great compendium
Edit history:
MGSPhantom: 2014-04-16 02:44:39 pm
The Top of the Bottom
Is there an IL table for IGT? I think I'll start doing DMD SSS rank runs and I'll make an IL table for myself, should be a lot of fun.

So was the Angel Glide glitch totally patched out to where I'd have to delete the patch to perform it, or can I leave my game updated?

Oh, and does anyone have a table of sorts for point values required to get SSS rank on each mission? I've tried googling and looking at FAQS but I couldn't find anything.
How can i change my pc version to 1.0? cant seen to figure it out myself and i cant find anything online about it... Can anyone help me?
So I actually started to run this game after posting a long time ago. The run is HoH no IG and no SD and I managed to get a time of 1:13:00 RTA (I don't know the in-game time). I was just wondering if there was anyone still running this and if anyone was interested in running this category as it seems I am the only one. I will probably record some attempts soon to be able to provide a video for proof, techniques, skips etc.
Also know as L0rdy
Hey HumanCucumber, I picked this game up again a few weeks ago, I still play HoH with SD & IG tho and I dont plan on picking up other categories. A question I have regarding your run is: do you also run without items? Because in theory if you just say no SD you'd just use unlimited devil trigger stars and have the same result as using SD in the first place. If you dont use items you might want to add that to your categorie discription as something you exclude.

To answer raycharles question: You need to get the 1.0 files somehow, you cant downgrade via steam... thats why I always make a backup of my steam games in case there is a patch coming that ruins all the glitches. However if you find a cracked 1.0 version of the game you can undo the crack and play on steam if you want to.

In the last few weeks I found tons of new improvement to the IG route as well, my current PB is 41:16 (RTA).

To update this thread a bit here are some of my newest finds:

Edit history:
HumanCucumber: 2014-08-29 06:30:28 pm
Should have included that, thanks thumbsup . So the category is "HoH (No IG, No SD, W/o Items)". It's pretty crazy how much time the IG route saves over No IG route, I was wondering if anyone had a full run uploaded so i could see optimisations and skips/tricks that could possibly be done in the No IG route?
Glitch advocate
Unfortunately people haven't devoted as much time to non-IG runs and tricks, so there probably isn't a full optimized route to be found anywhere. But I can comment on what I know if you upload a run at some point.
So this is just a preview of No IG, I just thought id post it to show the mission 1 route. Also it's my first sub 2:00 for mission 1. Any feedback or advice is welcome.

Also know as L0rdy
Here is one thing I could think of:

In case you are wondering where this is: in your video 1:07 instead of going down on left there you go to the right and find that spot.
Thanks for that Aphox, a big time saver, also using that skip i was able to skip a fight later on which allowed me to use devil trigger in an earlier fight which saves even more time.

Attachment:
Glitch advocate
I have finally recorded a run. It is decent at best with a lot of mistakes, especially the Vergil fight which was a disaster. I would appreciate it if anyone could watch it and could provide information on glitches/skips that i could include in the route.