Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213141516 -> <- 1 .. 11 .. 16 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Ganondorf = Donkey Kong LOOK IT UP!!
Oh wow, definitely testing this out. You are your obscure knowledge AKheon haha Smiley
The Path Is Clear For Us To Rule.
Just got 1:06 on the first level on H&H, I love running this game Tongue Looking for strats now, i'll let you know if I find anything Smiley
Edit history:
Caelint: 2013-02-19 10:47:37 am
Caelint: 2013-02-19 10:45:26 am
I was wrong, seems like you CAN skip the fight between the lasers if the angle and time is right. I zipped through the whole corridor without a problem. Need more testing for consistency, just wanted to let you guys know it's possible.

Also, why am I getting a soft lock on the mundus skip on DMD difficulty? 10 times in a row, restarted level each time, even the whole game once. Is it a HoH only thing?
Soft lock on Mundus whaa? No sorry I've never experienced anything like that.

Just did a Neph NG+ No Items, 1:32:16 RTA (1:12:46 In-Game) Smiley Loving this category

@Devil: Yeah, it was around H&H I fell in love with running this game too haha
Neph NG+ still doesn't make much sense to me, go DMD man Tongue Just tried the mundus platforming skip on HoH, works fine, still soft lock on DMD... strange. It's a not big skip so whatever.
Wait you mean doing the slash down the pit? L0rdy said that only works on H&H.
Also know as L0rdy
Slashing down the pit only works for 'Heaven or Hell' and 'Hell and Hell' difficulty because of the uniq way you respawn. Atleast thats how it was for me ^^ and it seems you have the same issue Caelint. So just skip this little gem at the end in other difficultys ^^.
Edit history:
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-19 11:28:25 pm
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-19 10:58:18 pm
Has anyone else tested the fastest way to down Hunter on DMD when you do the level-wide IG? What I've got so far is 5 K Darts, Demon Evade, Lv2 Overdrive, DT and detonate. If anyone can find a better way with no DT at the start of the fight let me know Smiley

EDIT: Sorry, 6 K Darts. Jump at the beginning to avoid missing the first one.

Footage of said strat for those curious
Edit history:
Aphox: 2013-02-20 11:56:49 am
Also know as L0rdy
Hey guys, I finally cut the big 50 : P, a few of you catched it live on stream... for the others here ya go:

http://www.twitch.tv/aphox/c/1947023 (49:42)

Biggest mistake as far as I remember was mission 16 - the plan. Didnt manage to skip the fight correctly and afterwards flew into a meeting room rofl... atleast 15 seconds I think : /
This is what we were talking about with CrypticJacknife on your chat. Safe, soft lock free strats for the home truths secret mission door skip. For some reason the sideways one is much more consistent for me than the backwards one. Both are included in the video.

Also know as L0rdy
Yeah I gonna use that skip pretty soon as well I feel, but now I understand where the softlock problem comes from ^^ IG into secret doors does that too you indeed ^^. Btw wouldnt building up more momentum against the wall make this more consistant?
I think it has something to do with the angle, as I have 6-8 seconds of buildups failing and 3-4 seconds working sometimes. I don't know really. All I know is that the first one for me is 95% consistent when I let it build up, considering it's so early in the run, I'm fine with that.

My guess is that you have no control over the angle at the first spot, as long as you face towards the wall and not the door, you're good to go with left+slash, while at the second one you have to control the angle to go into the door, I ended up near the door a couple of times when I screwed it up, and triggered the mission way too many times. That's why I'm suspecting that you have to hit that trigger at the right spot to skip it, and the first one hits that spot all the time, while the second one only works if you have the angle right. It might be something totally different, that's only my experience, so make sure you test it both yourself and see what conclusion you end up with.

One thing to note on the first one, you have to IG into that specific corner, so take a few seconds to line it up properly, as there are other corners around it. You should have the same consistency as I do.
I really don't understand why it softlocks when you IG into a secret door. I mean the placeholder room is there for that exact reason, to catch you...right? Surely it isn't like pass through door (white transition/lose control) and touch ground in extra room (actually warp to the secret mission).

Just seems like a nasty design oversight that's making this run harder for no reason haha.

EDIT: Found something interesting. Get hit by the Wheel dude (who cares about its name) just before the chapel in Under Watch, and you hit the sliding cutscene WHILE you are still in the reviving animation, you can skip the cutscene super early and it also triggers the chapel breaking apart. Alas, still softlocks at the window FUGG.
Also know as L0rdy
@Cryptic sorry to say but I already found that some time ago ^^, that is actually useful in a few situations. First case you get hit so late by the Demonspikes that you dont fall down before the cutscene starts and 2nd if you get hit too early you could still infinite jump while falling down until the cutscene starts.

Why would that be useful? You actually gain control during the cutscene that way and start killing enemys during the cutscene : x.
Edit history:
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-21 01:46:21 am
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-21 01:05:05 am
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-21 12:50:34 am
Wait you fall and gain control? So what don't skip the cutscene then?

EDIT: Also, should I assume every time I find something that you've found it? Because that would make researching this way easier. :3
Will try and immerse this into the M4 IL I'm planning. A question about that. Can you still get in if you IG really high after you fall into the pre-chapel hallway or do you have to stay low to ever get it?

Still don't understand how this could save in-game time, guess it's pure RTA then. Just got a 1:03 M4, gunning for 1:01, might have to settle for 1:02 though.
Also know as L0rdy
Nah dont asume that lol, there is just a lot of really small things that I randomly find and I dont wanna post millions of times for every small observation ^^.

About your question you can get it in I'd recomment actually to do that and just use the down smash sword attack at the end to get to the ground fast.
Ooh okie, I think that will become my SS strat. Just rendering a 1:02 now, I did a shot before the lag spike and released the IG after it. Really damn close to the floor, would only recommend for ILs.

I swear if there is one this game is consistent with it's lag spikes lol
Also know as L0rdy
Haha yeah I always get the lag spikes at the same places and they love to fuck me over :X
I think you guys will like where I found a checkpoint trigger.

Mission 04 - Under Watch - 1:02
Also know as L0rdy
Loved it : ) some cool little things in there!
50:30 RTA HoH w/Super. 32:46 in-game. Starting to think your 49 isn't as low as I thought it was. Hell of a run though, lost 20 seconds on Under Siege because I can't comprehend enemy spawn patterns, then lost OVER A MINUTE in Furnace of Souls, damn this level has been giving me some real shit lately.

Going to drop the Virility puss strats (spawning the enemies) and start recording runs.

EDIT: Considering I feel like sitting back now I'll go through and check time on your 49.
Also know as L0rdy
gj Cryptic, told you this game isnt as hard ^^ atleast most of the stuff isnt. I am pretty sure I can get a 48 pretty soon as well, a few better strats I gonna use and man my mission 16 was god awful in the 49:42...
Edit history:
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-21 08:46:35 am
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-21 08:40:32 am
Yeah, I think it's a confidence thing really. Don't think about chance of failure and you can execute hard tricks a lot smoother Smiley
Idk maybe I'm just a pessimist when I run and people don't normally do that haha
Yeah, you'll get 48 soon no doubt. Smiley

By hard tricks I mean like....Virility...
Oh yeah, and I screwed up the M2 zip once, had to exit the secret mission OH THATS WHY THE IN GAME TIME IS SKEWIFF! Okay that makes a little more sense then.
Also know as L0rdy
I'm not feeling like streaming/doing anything today, most likely gonna stream some attempts tomorrow and then I'll be at a friends over the weekend so dont expect anything over the weekend ^^.
That's all good bro. Stream when you feel like it.  Btw, I'm not far off, your 49 is a 32:20 Wink I wonder how good a sub 31 would have to be.