--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Ganondorf = Donkey Kong LOOK IT UP!!
Not for your reference silly, for me Tongue
Also know as L0rdy
Maybe I do you the favor at some point : P, for now you have to deal with me being lazy!
Fuuu just threw away a 28:29 Bad News to The Order ; ___ ; Nearly two damn minutes ahead, and it's the end that bad in my PB Tongue
I'm presuming you did your version of the Virility skip in your PB?
Also know as L0rdy
Yeah I got it, here is the recording if you are interested, you can check the ingame times yourself if you want lol ^^
http://www.twitch.tv/aphox/c/1932743
Damn man nice run. I had no idea you could just go around in Eyeless hahaha will have to start doing that. New Last Dance and Bad News strats are nice too. Smiley

If you were curious, it was a 35:12 in-game, provided I'm not a retard and fail at adding time.

Also lol, you got game over in The Plan the exact same way I did. Asshole flyer.
$15 per rant/allegory
Just realised that you can refund upgrades to get the point back.

NG just got more interesting.
Yes sir. Keep in mind you will definitely need an IJer. Eryx unlocks before Shotgun, so probably best to learn that method I guess?
$15 per rant/allegory
Quote from CrypticJacknife:
Yes sir. Keep in mind you will definitely need an IJer. Eryx unlocks before Shotgun, so probably best to learn that method I guess?

NG would be glitchless silly.
Edit history:
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-17 11:24:00 am
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-17 11:23:45 am
Well yours would be Tongue Just thinking out loud ^_^
Edit: At that, I suddenly feel like doing Dante Must Die any% no Super. Why me...why...
DMD is basically learning how to demon evade every single enemy and boss in the game. It's so overpowered in the launch version it's not even funny. Encounters are getting so rare with glitches, it might be the category to run later anyway. At least you can show off with 10 second boss fights there, and it adds a whole new layer of optimization. Definitely go for it Tongue
I might actually give that a crack. I had a look at doing Nephilim any% NG but I realised something. To play with glitches in that category, which I would, you need to be efficient enough at the Angel Whip/Eryx IJ, which I sure as hell am not Tongue

Maybe I'll come back to that, thinking about upgrades was fun. Also damn I forgot how barebones Dante is when you start. We should do a barebones Dante race some time hahaha XD
Edit history:
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-17 11:46:45 pm
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-17 11:41:10 pm
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-17 11:31:59 pm
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-17 11:28:56 pm
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-17 11:19:47 pm
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-17 11:08:59 pm
Just did a Nephilim NG+ No Super/Items.

Damn that's a hell of a fun run. Sweet balance of glitching and combat prowess. Ended up with a 1:48:58. With the amount I've played Heaven and Hell recently, I'm surprised that went so well. Tongue

But alas, this means any skip that is found saves even MORE time than in would normally. Cheesy
Nowait, I used one item. To do the Order skip Tongue

EDIT: Also, an observation

The Hunter: I dunno bout you guys, but after doing the IG straight to the exit and having no Devil Trigger I sure as hell can't deal enough damage to kill him in one phase. It takes so long between vulnerabilities, maybe it's worth it to IG to the Gear room and quick-kill the mob there with kamikaze Tornado strats? EDIT: Nvm you can do it with no DT at the beginning of the fight haha. Overdrive getting him down ftw.

Environmental Kills: I'm trying to rack up in my head all of the moves you can do simply lift and push an enemy away. I know Stinger/Trillion Stabs does, as does the end of the Death Coil combo. Shredder is another one that does, but maybe that is a little long. I know Arbiter and Eryx also have a bunch. Is there some uber efficient one that I'm not thinking of at the moment? Overdrive is another that comes to mind.

Glitches: As I said, the bigger the saving is in Heaven and Hell, it will likely be tenfold in Nephilim, so Virility skip seems a lot more important to me now. Enough to do the first version where you go around the left just to be safe. Unless there's something about sliding up that roof I'm not comprehending it just seems way to risky, considering the run itself is longer by default. Now that I think about it, considering battles take so much longer without Super or OHKOs, it could be viable to search for other battle skips that would've taken too much time to be useful in H&H.

Items: Again, to stay glitchy it's hard to stay in line with a rule concerning this without just adding heaps of time, or breaking the game ala Super Dante. I only used the one Devil Star in The Order so I could do the skip, but surely we can't have Nephilim NG+ any% No Super/Items-Apart-From-That-One-Time. Allowing full items could make the category monotonous, but banning them completely could easily make a category without Super Dante and with glitches arbitrary in it's final time, as now we need a bit of DT to do some of the skips. Maybe allow items, as in a full inventory, but don't allow Shop? Thoughts? :/
Found a shortcut in Mission 1 for New Game ahahaha awesome, video soon.
Limbos Top F*cking Idiot
Im really confused now.. who is running RTA (from the start of pressing new game to the last stab on Virgil) and who is using the in game clock as there timer???

Also is NG+ DMD no Super?
Limbos Top F*cking Idiot
Also im watching Aphox's run, this game definately needs a console category and a PC one. The pc loads the start in 4 seconds where as the console takes 30 -__-
As it is now, I state RTA times when I say a time, as does L0rdy. I was just talking about in-game as a more refined time. Afaik anyone stating times is doing so in RTA. Right? O_O

I started talking about in-game time for that exact reason. Not only does console lose a hell of a lot, there will also be discrepancies between PCs too. That way it isn't unfair on all the console players. Afaik the in-game time DOESN'T count cutscenes...does it?

Considering DMD difficulty is all about fighting I'd say no, don't use Super. But idk really whatever you want.

Also, New Game now skips the third battle in the game lol
Limbos Top F*cking Idiot
I dont think some of the OoB are even possible on xbox, I managed to get the saw room to pop in however like in aphox's video The ferris wheel does not pop in after gliding past the second loading area, (i kinda just timed his movements and replicated them) the saw room does not pop in around 7-8 seconds it takes much longer, And by then youve already flown past it making you not being able to get inside while it loads. This is definitely a HUGE problem im seeing in OoB glitches is that the area does not load fast enough for console and we simply just fly past it.
Right now Im trying to narrow down which OoB's work on console and which work only pc (im assuming at this point in time that skipping straight to the last boss from the start isnt do able due to loading times).
I know findles skips work because he is on ps3 which is pretty much the same loading time but all the ones Jackknife and aphox find may only be for you lucky pc players Sad

Ill keep testing a post which OoB's are doable on console.
Limbos Top F*cking Idiot
BTW for the PC guys, If I get DmC on PC will I have an updated version? And if so can someone send me unpatched game files?
Limbos Top F*cking Idiot
Sorry for so much spam! but im streaming my testing out of OoBs on console right now. http://www.twitch.tv/ImRuKus
Hori shit you can parry the spinning blade in the darkness phase of the Hunter fight. The things you learn when you aren't on H&H!!!!
Edit history:
Caelint: 2013-02-18 07:51:30 am
Why do you want to use a devil star on The Order when you can just IJ up to the platform? That's how I did it in DMD where I didn't have devil trigger.

Regarding the in game timer, it is awesome, and only counts pure gameplay time in my experience (last dance for example lasts 3 seconds in game time in HoH, so it means that it doesn't even count the animation when you pull the bitch out). It is a good comparison for now between PC and consoles. I'm not suggesting it being the same category, but for comparison purposes it's perfect.
Oh my fucking god! Duh! Lol my bad. I guess No Items it is! ^_^

In-game time: I'm happy to go with either, but as long as we record or I dunno note down the in-game time, we can have two metrics for the runs Smiley
The Path Is Clear For Us To Rule.
Hey guys, I'm new to this whole thing so I'm trying to get into it, I'm looking to speed run this game and I managed to catch one of Rukus's livestreams and he showed me the ropes... I just had a bit of practice for an hour on twitch ( twitch.tv/devil_mish) and my best was 4:33 on mission 9 (Devil Inside) That's the only one I've tried on so far, so I look forward to try some more out and join you guys on the quest to break this game! Cheesy
Looool first I get 59:59 H&H Super Dante, now I have a 1:39:59 Nephilim NG+ No Items ^_^ (I used the one for the Order skip, but I took 5 minutes doing it lol, so I think it's fine :3)

Good to see you in here Devil. Check these out to see some uses for the Glide you were doing Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH8CGTgFIw2DsTOtP-5yVsJo0dl1Dd_J- - My IL Playlist (only 5 vids, but whatever)
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB8Zu7RWhifKOe4uiH5tqbfAOZd-MfMJc - Pretty sure I mentioned this guy in the stream but he's the go-to guy for anything glitchy really Smiley
http://www.twitch.tv/aphox/c/1932743 - Aphox (L0rdy here) did a 53 RTA of Heaven and Hell w/Super Dante, be sure to check it for lots of routes (unless you want to fight things of course :P)
http://www.youtube.com/user/TehLordson - Dat guy's YT.

Also go check out some of the threads for new members, they are sitting around the forum somewhere, they will help you become more familiar Smiley
The Path Is Clear For Us To Rule.
Thanks, and I appreciate all the links, for the past 2 hours I've been trying out routes myself so it will be cool to see ones that people have taken! Smiley