page  <- 12345678910111213141516 -> <- 1 .. 5 .. 16 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Limbos Top F*cking Idiot
twitch.tv/imrukus
So after a lot of practice I managed to do the new glide a few times on PC (amazing find AKheon), the problem is that 4 out of 5 times it didn't skip the cutscene at Home Truths. Can anyone confirm the same inconsistency on consoles? Or is it related to the PC version running 60 FPS?
Consequences of skipping the Devil Trigger during normal play:
1. You can still pick up any 'Devil Trigger stars' (that you happen to find around the levels) even tho you don't have Devil Trigger. It won't appear in your 'items' tho, it just vanishes as if you never got it. And the game won't offer you any Devil Trigger stars inside of the shop.

2. When you get to the start of the battle with Mundus, the game automatically gives you the Devil Trigger effect. But the Devil Trigger bar is absent during all of this, Dante runs around in his Devil Trigger mode tho. This level can be completed properly despite the lack of actual Devil Trigger.

3. It seems that you can't get rid of Virgil's clone during the final battle without Devil Trigger, and the game won't give it to you. So the "Devil Inside" skip should only be used during a full-power speedrun. Unless there is some other way of killing Virgil, for example: Flying then getting out-of-bounds to unload the level & drop virgil into unloaded nothingness. But I've got a gut feeling that won't work.
Limbos Top F*cking Idiot
Awesome findle, I was wondering what happens without the devil trigger pickup, Ill have to let my viewers know when they ask now. Also extremly noob question. Can someone please link the video which tells you how to do the New infinite glide glitch, Im at college most the time so dont get much time to look YouTube stuff up myself. its actually half 12 at night here and i have to be up in 5 hours for more college -__- Thanks in advance!
Also know as L0rdy
Hey guys, I found a new strat for Mission 1.
The "exit-room" before the boss fight is in the middle of nowhere. If you unload it and approach it from a certain position you can get inside while its loading and then just trigger the cutscene at the end.

I had my suspicions too that it's there somewhere, but didn't find it, awesome. Now off to mission 2 I guess, it needs skips BADLY.
Quote from findlestick:
3. It seems that you can't get rid of Virgil's clone during the final battle without Devil Trigger, and the game won't give it to you. So the "Devil Inside" skip should only be used during a full-power speedrun. Unless there is some other way of killing Virgil, for example: Flying then getting out-of-bounds to unload the level & drop virgil into unloaded nothingness. But I've got a gut feeling that won't work.
I've been told it is possible to kill Vergil without Devil Trigger. However the person who said it didn't really explain how. Only that it can be done. I guess a drive might be able to do it as even if the clone blocks it then it should still go through him and hit Vergil. Needs testing I guess.
Edit history:
AKheon: 2013-02-05 09:28:08 am
AKheon: 2013-02-05 09:24:11 am
Glitch advocate
ImRukus: the video is on the previous page of this thread. The description has the info for doing the glitch.

In mission 2 you mostly get stuck when skipping triggers. For example, you can enter the Sparda room without activating the scenes and return back to the main hall, but the hall fight doesn't begin and the door to the next place remains inactive (halting your progress). Also, you can skip the trigger that starts the bedroom fight (and takes you to "strange world"), but the next parts of the corridor aren't loaded like this... and I think you have to visit strange world to even get to the end level (it might be a different level altogether where the main hall rips wide open).

However, after returning from strange world you are able to skip the scene where the main hall rips open and fly out of bounds to where you get Osiris. So that's one skip at least. Another skip is the Blue Rose skip (haven't tested it myself yet).
Quote from AKheon:
However, after returning from strange world you are able to skip the scene where the main hall rips open and fly out of bounds to where you get Osiris. So that's one skip at least. Another skip is the Blue Rose skip (haven't tested it myself yet).
I had ImRukus test this when he was streaming to make sure I wasn't mad in thinking the door needs to be destroyed in order to activate the trigger box on the upper floor. Its weird that the trigger box is tied to a door that has no relevance to it.
Yeah the blue rose skip works, and going straight to the osiris works as well. You can easily glide through the whole first strange world sequence too (haven't seen a video of it, but it's kinda obvious). Are these all the mission 2 skips so far? Any checkpoint glitches maybe?
Edit history:
CrimsonxxMana: 2013-02-06 10:01:34 am
CrimsonxxMana: 2013-02-06 09:59:54 am

Found this, its a pretty obvious skip but I don't think anyone has put it up. This skip won't work in conjunction with Findlestick's skip because he's using the fight I'm skipping to load the next portion of the map. Obviously Findlestick's skip is better in a NG+ setting as you would already have your Devil Trigger. This skip is probably better for a NG setting if there is no way to defeat Vergil without Devil Trigger.
Edit history:
findlestick: 2013-02-06 05:04:54 pm
findlestick: 2013-02-06 04:59:58 pm
findlestick: 2013-02-06 04:59:09 pm
findlestick: 2013-02-06 04:56:47 pm
Quote from AKheon:

Not sure if this is the version you mentioned, I think there might be a few ways of doing this skip:

With regards to the Blue Rose skip, breaking the door is not required. Plus, doing a launch into a regular jump will suffice to trigger the final mission's sequence (decided to show this in the above vid). I credited CrimsonxxMana's YouTube name in the video description for his find, with a link to his video.

You probably know this already, but it's possible to hit that same trigger early with flying glitch (just after you see the main hall rip open, maybe earlier if you skip the trigger that shows the hall tear up). You get the music, & the platforms start to move around. But I've yet to confirm if you can proceed to the final hallway of the level afterwards, there is a lot of collision blocking your flying at that point. Needs more testing.

Quote from CrimsonxxMana:
Found this, its a pretty obvious skip but I don't think anyone has put it up.

Did the final grapple at this area load? I only ask cos I had tried that on PS3, but the final grapple failed to load. I then long jumped across the final crossing but no final cutscene played. Maybe I skipped a trigger.
Quote from findlestick:
Did the final grapple at this area load? I only ask cos I had tried that on PS3, but the final grapple failed to load. I then long jumped across the final crossing but no final cutscene played. Maybe I skipped a trigger.
I think it did load, I'll re-check. What were the things you did to try and replicate the skip? I fought the witch and got the key for the devil trigger and then I thought in the area with the statue. Then I skipped that battle and I believe it worked. Perhaps I'm remembering wrong and I didn't try past the skip execution. I will go through this on my PC again to see if the skip works or not. I apologise if I'm incorrect.
Limbos Top F*cking Idiot
Hey findle i read the description but I find its not worded that great, "The way I do it is jump while facing a wall, buffer Angel Glide after a Rebellion air swing, then do a jump as soon as the air swing ends. The timing is pretty precise. Also, don't hold forward doing it, just stand still" What does Buffer the angel glide mean??
By buffering he means inputting an angel glide right after the swing starts. So basically it's a swing and immediately a glide, but the glide will only start after the swing animation, that's why it's 'buffered', that makes you able to input the extra jump right when the swing ends to do the infinite glide. You can practice by doing jump-swing-glide very fast, if you manage to input everything before the swing ends and the angel glide starts it's just a matter of timing the extra jump at the end to get the infinite glide. At least that's my experience.
Limbos Top F*cking Idiot
ok, so your saying its jump > rebellions swing > as swing is playing hold down Angel and the frame the swing ends hit jump again? Because i was doing that earlier and it did nothing.
Edit history:
Caelint: 2013-02-07 06:45:11 am
No, you don't have to hold down anything. It's a jump > swing > angel glide (angel+jump) > jump. The jump at the end is a normal jump, you have to release angel. And all of this have to happen during the swing animation, with the final normal jump at the end of the swing.

By PS controls it's X > triangle > L2+X > X. You have to make sure that the 3. input is L2+X and the fourth is a normal X, and given the time frame you have input all these, that's the part that needs practicing. That's why I suggested practicing X > triangle > L2+X first, if you finish that mid swing, and you get the glide after the swing while you're not pressing anything (because everything was already inputted mid swing), you're good to go, you just need to add the extra jump.
Limbos Top F*cking Idiot
THANK YOU! i had my suspicion that the last jump should be a normal jump as it looked like it when findle messed one up in his video.
Quote from findlestick:
So I tested this and it seems you're right findlestick. I don't know why I assumed that it worked. I remember doing it and then I remember the end cutscene playing with Phineas asking to see Dante's hair. When this cutscene played however Phineas didn't load so it was just Dante showing his hair to the camera. Perhaps I did something to get the final trigger to activate. I'll have to do some more testing. However its probably more probable that I tested it and just assumed the final trigger would load. Sorry for the confusion.
Also know as L0rdy
Hey guys, found new strats for Mission 7. Enjoy!

Limbos Top F*cking Idiot
Hey all,

Just started an sda RW attempt, come watch me at:

http://www.twitch.tv/imrukus
Glitch advocate
Imrukus, you should still work on your strats if you ever want to have a run good enough for SDA. If you want, I can look over your last run in more detail and give some pointers.

On other news... infinite glide v3. Doesn't need enemies or walls and the timing is much easier than before (at least to me).

Limbos Top F*cking Idiot
Quote from AKheon:
Imrukus, you should still work on your strats if you ever want to have a run good enough for SDA. If you want, I can look over your last run in more detail and give some pointers.

On other news... infinite glide v3. Doesn't need enemies or walls and the timing is much easier than before (at least to me).

I dont plan on submitting a time on SDA for a while since you guys are amazing at finding new tricks I can have fun with Tongue Im more just doing them to see how much time we are cutting down from the old 2:52:33 time. Btw with all these new exploits and skips the time has been cut by 20+ Minutes!! New time is now 2:29:04 (rounding the millie seconds off).

AKheon that would be awesome man, you can find all my runs in the videos section of my twitch channel, (Ill highlight my recent run) Also would you mind showing of the glide v3 in the training mode? just so I can get a close up look and see what I need to be pressing properly and what timing I need?

Finally I cant say thank you enough to you guys, Seriously all this effort your putting in to find these skips/exploits is amazing!!
Limbos Top F*cking Idiot
Also I believe it was Crimson who mentioned in my stream chat today that the PC version has patched some versions of the IJ and IG, is that right? If so I hope they dont patch the xbox. I actually wanna get this game under 2 hours!
Ganondorf = Donkey Kong LOOK IT UP!!
I can confirm the Fireworks/Angel Whip IJ, Eryx/Angel Whip IJ and Rebellion IG all work on the PC version 1.0. As for a patched version mmm couldn't say.