Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213141516 -> <- 1 .. 13 .. 16 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Also know as L0rdy
Hey guys, just watched through all the new vids, gj as usual ^^.

Also gj Cryptic hope you'll get a good run without mayor mistakes soon : ).
Ganondorf = Donkey Kong LOOK IT UP!!
L0rdy! Welcome back! Smiley
Was going to say be sure to breeze through the past page of posts, but it seems like you've already done that ^^

I think Caelint's Virility method might even out the two methods, so be sure to give that a whirl, see if you find it more reliable than the slide-off strats. Other than that, just maybe look at the zip in M2 and you are back on pace.

Getting back to your own attempts soon or are you pooped out after your weekend or whatever? Smiley
Another funny shit happened to me on mission 4. What I knew so far is if you die to the wheel before the temple, and enter the cutscene while dead, you can kill the first wave before the cutscene ends. What happened today is if you die while sliding down, and revive BEFORE the cutscene triggers, you're suddenly at the final collapsing scene. Sadly the game soft locks after the final grapple (or lucky for you Cryptic, no need to redo the IL again :P).
Edit history:
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-25 01:50:58 pm
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-25 01:50:48 pm
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-25 01:50:48 pm
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-25 01:46:02 pm
Haha yeah thats the instance of the wheel hitting me I got. It's bullshit how many different ways you can checkpoint port into the collapsing scene, and all of them result in a softlock. If that ending trigger was nicer I'm sure the level would be something ridic like a 50 by now haha.

Also, don't feel bad if you reveal something that'll help an IL. I won't feel bad, hell I feel obligated to fix unoptimal ILs haha Wink If anything else I welcome it
Been spending a good chunk of the day dedicated towards sub 31 attempts. One of the runs was 45 ahead at M17, then I botched it hard. Another run was 30 seconds ahead, then a GAT DAMN JAVA UPDATE POPPED UP AND CRASHED THE GAME >8(

In time....in time.
Was just 2 minutes ahead with mistakes and Mundus soft locked me........fffffuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Edit history:
Aphox: 2013-02-27 07:55:27 am
Aphox: 2013-02-27 07:55:12 am
Also know as L0rdy
I still feel really tired for some reason didnt do much the last two days, might stream a bit later today anyway... not sure if I'll have the concentration to make anything work tho : X

Just streamed a bit and did get a Sub 48 RTA (47:58 ... rofl dat vergil sucked) and it is also sub 31 gametime (30:45).
Still a lot of random shit went wrong, no level felt really perfect maybe mission 17... watch it if you like random dumb mistakes xD:
http://www.twitch.tv/aphox/c/1970154
That feel when everything that isn't IL standard makes you hate the run. 30:45, sweet. Just had a run die inexplicably to a Windows Update. Fuck I hate playing on PC some times.
Edit history:
AKheon: 2013-03-03 07:40:22 am
AKheon: 2013-03-03 07:11:37 am
Glitch advocate
It's possible to escape training room and end up in a partially unloaded version of the level you're in. In a real-time speedrun it probably won't come in handy since you have to fly many minutes to reach main level again, but in some in-game time individual level run it might be a different story... Time doesn't run while in training room, and preliminary testing has shown that you can potentially complete some objectives or influence where you respawn to from the partially unloaded level.

For example, I've been testing Minus World around in Mission 3. You can activate the fight checkpoint (before getting Blue Rose) from inside training room. After you exit and reload checkpoint, the fight starts like normal. You can also pick up Blue Rose while in training room. The game shows the scene of Dante picking up the Rose, but nothing else happens. Returning to real world, the Blue Rose is gone and the fight after seeing the road collapse doesn't activate.
$15 per rant/allegory
n472a has finished his segmented style/speed run of DMD SSS.
Glitch advocate
New time save:

I love speedruns!
Hi guys! Thanks a lot for this thread and all the tips. If i find something i'll share ^_^ ..
Edit history:
AKheon: 2013-09-18 06:56:53 am
Glitch advocate
It seems that someone has found an early OoB spot from Mission 2. In other words, we may now be able to skip even more things from that mission. Unfortunately I don't have DmC with me right now, so I can't try it out.

EDIT: Aphox tried it out, and there's a chance that loading triggers prevent this OoB from being too useful. Apparently the corridor leading to the dream sequence room doesn't load if you go there from this point.
I was wondering if anyone even runs this game anymore and if so i would like to know if all infinite flying glitches have been patched, i cant seem to replicate them Sad .
Glitch advocate
It seems that no one is really running this game at the moment. Also, at least on PC I hear they patched infinite gliding.
Does anyone know how to get rid of the patch on xbox360 without hacking? The patch isn't installed in the same folder as the game like other games. Last time I installed the patch I deleted BP and Vergil dlc 6 months ago and then it deleted itself somehow. Installed the patch again by accident yesterday and after deleting everything but the save files it's still there.
You could try backing up your saves to a memory stick and formatting your HDD, sshplur
I figured it out. The patch being so small ends up being installed in the HDD cache, so just clear that and you're back to version 1.00. Switching between versions is a lot easier than I expected lol.
Glitch advocate

What do you say if all we DmC runners and glitchers got back together and had a very broken DmC renaissance?
Limbos Top F*cking Idiot
Im downloading the PC version as I type so I can finally compete again (are we just using the most current version) . Hopefully now Ill be able to do the OoB tricks without having the level load way to late as I zip past it.
Limbos Top F*cking Idiot
Huzzah I have version 1.0 on PC now. All I gotta say is dem load times <3 Now to refinish the game, unlock everything and start running it again.

Does anyone run anything other then H&H on this anymore? I was thinking of stepping up from NG+ Nephilim and trying out NG+ Dante must Die.

I may do some H&H runs but that category seems a little boring to me with the whole 1 hit kill deal.
Limbos Top F*cking Idiot
Found some intresting things on  stream last night, While attempting the level 2 skip, to get to Dante's mums room I managed to somehow find myself in the location that the mission's intro cutscene was made. I dont know why this loaded as I went the same way as in the new level 2 skip vid Akheon posted.

If I follow his video exactly I end up flying into the scene but upon it loading im automatically thrown out of infinite glide, and get caught in an infinite fall. Im going to try and chain a whip>Aquila combo to see if i can make my way onto any solid geometry.

Also the 2nd thing was that I was unable to trigger the final fight in eyeless to trigger the end trigger to spawn. At first I thought it was because I used the glide momentum to skip the fight against the two dog beast things but when I ran back and triggered the fight I still couldn't get the final fight to trigger. Ill have to go back and test this again as when in the final fight room (where the fat guy and little skeleton things spawn the area in which the fight is triggered stil seemed to be there it just wouldn't spawn the enemys. y this I mean the game skipped a tiny bit but nothing would happen. at first I assumed this was just my pc acting up however when running back and forth over the same area the game froze for a split second every time.
Glitch advocate
Yeah, the unplayable cutscene area in Mission 2 is fairly close en route to the later half of the level. To get to the later half of the level, you have to steer just a tiny bit more to the left and also keep flying for a longer time (I think it was nearly 15 seconds).

Hmm, that thing at Eyeless sounds a bit strange. Not sure what could cause it.
Limbos Top F*cking Idiot
ah ok, ill try head a bit more to the left, At first it through me off since I instantly stopped gliding.

I sitll havn't had time to test the eyeless missions again (been practicing segments for Jak II)  but Ill eventully get around to it again.
How's it going fellas. I've been soul searching a game to start speed running. Big fan of the DMC series so thought why not this. Glad to see there is a following for it in the Speed Running Community. I'll be doing a quick run on the PC to unlock everything then start practicing. Cheers.