List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-18 12:35:26 pm
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-18 12:34:29 pm
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-18 12:30:24 pm
Ganondorf = Donkey Kong LOOK IT UP!!
I'm compiling myself some footage for Nephilim battles to try and get them as optimal as I can. First battle I tested, first battle of Home Truths (M2B1), I managed to cut it down by what was probably 20 seconds Tongue

I may cut the strats for each level together and upload it. Although this WILL be for the glitch route, so first real battle outside of Hunter is in M2. Will post any progress.

EDIT: Fun fun. Thus far my style has been to line up enemies, use Drop (Arbiter) on them, and start charging Overdrive when you hit the ground. Turns out there's just enough to time to bounce a shield dude and charge a full Overdrive. Nice Cheesy

Also, this brings to light the importance of enemy spawning, I never realised just how crucial where your camera is facing really is. Example, L0rdy check this it's a nice few seconds, in H&H when you get to the third battle of Mission 2 (returning to the first area) you can keep IGing to the stairs, flip the camera to face away from where you were (like towards where you started the level) and let fire. There is like 7 or 8 spawn points on the ground floor and they always come up fast.

I will definitely gain some nice info on spawn points through Neph battle testing, so hopefully that can benefit all categories Smiley
Edit history:
AKheon: 2013-02-19 07:28:12 am
Glitch advocate
I've recently tested tons of glitches associated with Divinity Statues and visiting the training room. One more promising effect is turning Dante invisible, theoretically doable in any level. While invisible, no triggers activate. This means no cutscenes, no fights, no death zone activation. Unfortunately it also means that you can't progress in most levels and just get stuck. It could still come in handy in some specific situation.

At Home Truths, when testing the above, I managed to activate the Sparda room cutscene from the Divinity Statue. Apparently I was gliding towards the room while exiting training, and the continual movement I had was enough to hit the next cutscene trigger during loading time... right before Dante was placed back at the Statue. I also managed to get this effect at Overturn Divinity Statue, activating the next fight while exiting training room. Not sure if this could allow any esoteric skips by touching triggers behind walls near Divinity Statues, it might not work that way, but it could be useful to check out.
Edit history:
Caelint: 2013-02-18 04:51:03 pm
Caelint: 2013-02-18 04:26:34 pm
Caelint: 2013-02-18 03:44:40 pm
I found something that might be useful at some places. You can release the momentum you build up with gliding into a wall in other directions, not just the one you're facing, by quickly pushing down/left/right (obviously only one of them, the direction you want to release the momentum) and slashing. It is extremely easy to do, the only problem is that by slashing you stop IGing, so its use is pretty limited for now.

One of them is skipping the lasers on The Plan (I didn't manage to skip the fight between the two sets of lasers, I just cleared it before recording). I demonstrate backwards and sideways releasing here too. Did it a couple of times, seems very consistent to me.

And if you have problems with the double jump IG at Under Watch 1st fight skip, you can just IG into the gate behind you and release the momentum backwards a few seconds later. It's just as consistent as the other one, if you wait enough before releasing.

I think I heard something about controlling the direction of the IG momentum before, so it might not be totally new, but I guess it doesn't hurt to post it.
Edit history:
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-18 07:32:23 pm
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-18 06:59:09 pm
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-18 06:55:13 pm
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-18 06:53:00 pm
@Caelint Being able to semi-accurately control momentum in IG will have many more uses than you'd think. Lots of battle skips come to mind that COULD be made easier by that, I will have to test a bunch of things out. I should've noticed how prominent that is when I saw things like the back accelerating fireworks combo. I've actually had this version with Rebellion happen quite a few times, but it was always while trying to do the Virility skip, I thought I was just skipping over the top, but shit now I know I'm flying backwards I may be able to set up a chain IG.

EDIT: Already got a battle skip in the Plan lol.

@AKheon the hell man, that sounds like it has the potential to be super complex haha. Let me know if your research yields more Smiley

I've already got some crazy ideas for mid-game Nephilim battles. I already know for sure my plan for the one fight in Devil Inside will be to Buy In with Aquila, then Drop as many enemies into the pit with me with Arbiter as possible lol.

The first result of many no doubt Cheesy
Also know as L0rdy
@CrypticJacknife, did you play this to the end? Cause skiping that fight makes it so that the cutscene that turns the lasers off doesnt play and makes this mission unfinishable for me.

There was a technic for the older IGs already which did exactly this, found by Akheon pretty sure he mentioned this in the thread somewhere.
Edit history:
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-18 08:25:40 pm
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-18 08:25:24 pm
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-18 08:22:59 pm
You can skip the lasers without the cutscene by using the same IG zipping technique. I'll double check anyway.
EDIT: 5 seconds to get to the enemy cutscene, another 6 to get to the other side. If you find the timing to get all the way to the other side (or at least past the enemy cutscene) let me know.
Also know as L0rdy
Hue thats funny i remember testing this with the old way and it didnt work to get through the lasers even with that technic, seems to work like this tho, so no worries. Btw you can just fly through the first part of lasers even while they look turned on they actually arent.
L0rdy any idea what this floating platform beyond the end of the first section in Devil's Dalliance is? It triggers a loading portion but does nothing and just drops you to your death. I'd check it out more myself, but I don't wanna chase something you've already passed off as useless Tongue
Also know as L0rdy
Just to make sure we are at the same section in this level. You finished the first few fights and the arena changes to the open one where the rounds beging. So usually You'd just fly straight forward to the first platform without triggering the play button and round 1 beginns.
But instead you can fly past that and you find a platoform flying much higher. I guess that is the platform in question. This should be the platform of the next round however its not solid and you cant activate anything there, you can get saved ontop of it which is quiet amusing but you just fall and fall anyway...

If that is the platform you were talking about I tested it and couldnt do anything with it : P I also tested to fly ahead after every single round but there are invisible walls seperating all the rounds so you cant fly further.
Yes that's exactly what I am talking about, good to know we are on the same page :3
Hmm have been ILing Devil's Dalliance, have found a few neat things. Not skipping the battles, but between battles I've found a few faster ways Smiley

Also I found a use for transferring IGs off walls. Looking swag while Lillith is yapping! Hell yeah!
Limbos Top F*cking Idiot
Just thought I'd say, I decided to give H&H a go this arvo, 1:10:00 at the puzzle stage (decent for console I'd say, as cryptic got to see my glorious loading times yesterday /Kappa ) fell down hole skipping barrier and soft locked the game..Fun times..also welcome Devil Cheesy good to see a new runner.
$15 per rant/allegory
There are too many environmental kills in this game. The more I learn about this game the less fun it seems to run.

Tornado drags and pushes enemies off ledges. So does the ff+Y with Aquila & jumping Launcher. You can also just drag everything off the level and angel boost to safety.
Stinger also pushes ridiculously well.
If you've launched the last enemy off a ledge, make sure you spike them down.
You can also just... y'know, demon pull something then jump off it.
Shotgun will one-hit a Harpy about 70% of the time as long as it's flying over empty space.
The fat baby head things die really fast if you demon-dodge, attack twice with Arbiter, demon pull then do the y,y, *, y combo. That just straight up kills them on SoS mode.
Also, in the Virility climbing level you can probably skip the battle with the chainsaw guys. They didn't spawn for me.
Don't try and drop the Double sword assholes off a ledge. They take forever to port back up to you. As far as I know, you just want to keep spamming Hammer and learn when you can pull them.

I play in German so I have no idea what anything is actually called.
Sounds right. But there's still the indoors battles to worry about, which is quite a lot of them.

Also why you playing in German if you can't read German?
Also know as L0rdy
Flicky actually isnt bad at german he writes me in german all the time lol and I write him back in english for some reason...

btw guys got a 50:35 on stream today, pretty sure I can already do sub 50 if I play really well from start to finish.
New and more reliable Virility skip. Shoutouts to L0rdy for helping me brainstorm somehow lol. Also shoutouts to Youtube being able to pinpoint the exact moment the different strat happens in the thumbnail hahaha. Hurray for things in this game always having progressively easier versions.

I had a 2:45 Devil's Dalliance ready to pump out, but L0rdy (again with this guy) brought to my attention how much faster you can kill shit when you hit DT in the air. I'll check out a re-record see how much more I can drop it. While I probably have your attention due to mentioning you way too much, what was that OoB in Under Siege? I know you said it was useless, but I want to check it out regardless.

On your 50, I'll whiz through it and check game-time, probably a 32, maybe 31. Unless if you are really confident you can beat it in the near future I won't bother.

Prepping to do a Nephilim NG+ No Items with the new M5 skip and my newly acquired Pouncing Overdriver fighting style :3

Also what are you testing again Flicky? SoS NG+ glitchless is it?
Edit history:
Aphox: 2013-02-19 05:39:09 am
Also know as L0rdy
Here is the oob in Mission 12, it is just before you meet up with Vergil. All creadits go to Akheon btw he found this originally

What I already tested is if there is and point before this where you could potentially go oob (I walked over every ceilling etc there is but everything else is solid). Also going into the Vergil area didnt seem possible since you still dont have control over your character besides jumping and the evil whip.
Oh it's a ledge stutter OoB, man those are in the weirdest places, I bet there is another one
Edit history:
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-19 07:15:55 am
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-19 07:15:14 am
Ooooh wow. PB for H&H Super Dante used to be 59:59 RTA. Now it's 53:11!!! Checked it through, it's 33:49 in-game time Cheesy
Rejoice! <3

Plenty of places within that run to improve. Example, not only did I cat out and spawn the enemies to guide me for the Virility skip, I also died going back down to the bottom lol. Also I forgot the Aquila strats for Barbas on the first phase, but I used it for the rest so I guess only like 7 or 8 seconds lost :/

Also OMG Mundus continues to screw me every run. I game overed and then died another two times and I still gained 40 seconds >_>
Also know as L0rdy
Lol seems like you had a lot of fun in your run : P
Lots more time to shave off for sure. I remember you saying Furnace of Souls can screw you. Yeah, it did that too :3
Edit history:
flicky: 2013-02-19 07:25:14 am
$15 per rant/allegory
Quote from CrypticJacknife:
Also what are you testing again Flicky? SoS NG+ glitchless is it?

I'm just playing that as my second playthrough. Will possibly do a DMD run afterwards to get 100% collectables.

After that, what I do next depends entirely on how fun/hard/interesting it is. I'm not going to say I'll run category X or Y because I might not. I'll probably see how hard the glitches are (although my game is patched now) and go from there.
Edit history:
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-19 07:35:03 am
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-19 07:28:20 am
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-19 07:27:36 am
Heh, on the glitches, trust me you'll be very surprised to see just how autonomous you can be with the glitches.
Speaking of 100%, am I the only one who has looked into getting early Keys and Souls? I played around trying to get to the Soul next to the battle skip in Mission 1 for NG, but to no avail. At that I am sure there are some items you could nab on first pass in NG

EDIT: L0rdy, judging from the fact your 53:03 was a 35:14 in-game, and my 53:11 was 33:49 in-game, I think it's safe to say our PC's have a discrepancy of what maybe a minute? That's including give or take 10 seconds of lost time on your end due to you loading areas too fast.
Glitch advocate
I noticed this glitch vid on Youtube... it seems to be possible to pass through some breakable doors/walls using Angel Evade against it. This could help with those early Keys and Souls, I'd wager.