--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-15 08:49:15 am
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-15 08:34:42 am
Ganondorf = Donkey Kong LOOK IT UP!!
Hmm, no doubt it's the same landmark. Afaik if you are going in the right direction it should be the only thing that loads. Have you tried to pause the game when you are right next to it? Give the system some time to load? At least I think I remember hearing that you could do that. Let me know, I owe you one as it is ^_^

Hmm all I could do atm to help would be if I could see some footage of you doing it and it not loading. Otherwise I got no clue as of now :/
Seems like I toggled something while practicing the skip (I ended up at places I shouldn't have), and the engine simply didn't load the zone, I restarted the level and now everything is fine, anyway thanks for the tip.
Edit history:
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-15 02:12:47 pm
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-15 01:34:27 pm
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-15 12:21:59 pm
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-15 11:48:15 am
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-15 11:46:53 am
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-15 11:40:38 am
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-15 11:36:20 am
ABADDUH WADAFUQ? Well I just got a copyright strike from the faggots who made the OST for this. Good lord man.
Yes. That one I JUST submitted. Claim disputed. Disgusting.

Mission 15 - The Trade in '0.37'

Fuck me, the name's of all the OST songs are named after the levels. Be careful when using the name in the title guys :/
Eg. Devil's Dalliance music is called Devil's Dalliance. Going to start rolling with "Mission XX" only now Sad

EDIT: Just adapted Findlesticks Virility strats to the new IG. Dear god man that's a hell of a time saving. Yet...it's a hell of a IJ...
EDIT 2: SPEAKING OF HELL OF AN IJ, I JUST EXTENDED IT. Just worked out how to OoB as soon as you enter Limbo.
Edit history:
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-15 06:33:45 pm
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-15 06:32:39 pm
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-15 04:18:15 pm
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-15 03:48:57 pm
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-15 03:36:50 pm
All of Virility is now broken. Reserving spot here for vid. Expect it very soon (i.e rendering now).

FML The processing glitched. REUPLOADING ATTEMPT #2!

Edit:

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT: I feel bad about being the only one posting atm, so I'm trying not to multipost Sad Just found a super useful Devil Pull to Eva painting sequence in Home Truths. I know one has been found before, but I mean consistent, no IJs involved. Also, am I the first to notice you can go through secret doors with IG and play around in the little placeholder rooms? :v For references sake until I do a video, sub 3:10 is now possible.
Edit history:
Aphox: 2013-02-15 08:48:37 pm
Also know as L0rdy
Finally a reliable way to go oob in the first room. Well since you found something cool I thought I give something cool back! You'll like this:

EDIT: btw I was sleeping so I couldnt post before @CrypticJacknife ^^
Wow fuck that, this level is toast.
New and Improved Home Truths skip <3

Mission 7 - Overturn - 1:22
Limbos Top F*cking Idiot
Nearly all of these OoB things never work for me -__- the level dosnt load the area for some reason..I may have to run Neph NG Sad
Edit history:
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-17 12:04:00 am
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-16 11:59:07 pm
What ones are you having issues with ImRuKus? A lot of the time the catch to get out of bounds is either a particular angle or a particular speed. Outside of the big Virility OoB, I can't think of any other one that requires both.

Again, it's become apparent to me that everyone has their pet peeve with this game, like something that doesn't click as immediately as everything else they learn, whether it be one of the IGs, IJs or clips. Grind it a little and you'll get past it for sure Cheesy

Caelint was having issue with the Order clip recently. He said the area wasn't loading at all and he had to go back in the level to trigger loading. Apparently restarting the level as opposed to restart checkpoint fixed that issue. Which ones aren't working?

EDIT: L0rdy, L0rdy, L0rdy, dude. I somehow hit a trigger for the house rearrange before going to the Eva painting in Home Truths. Pretty sure it was somewhere within the main chamber. One of the sides is clippable, so get in that way. WE MUST FIND DIS AGAIN. And I mean the second one, the one above the door, not the one after the post-Eva hallway. Yknow, orchestra music
Also know as L0rdy
You mean after you were in the secret world you went back to main chamber and found a way to make the house move without going to the mothers picture? If that is the case I know how to do that altho you can not make the ending tunnel load.
Ooooh? Do tell. I am very curious, I think it's the same thing.
Edit history:
Aphox: 2013-02-17 12:19:44 am
Also know as L0rdy
Mom I make a video of it and edit it into this post, brb.

EDIT: here you go
Thank you, and dammit. Back to trying to break the first part I guess Sad

Waitwaitwait nonono I mean chaining from the trick I posted to get to Eva fast. This is before I've seen the level actually bust open.
Edit history:
Aphox: 2013-02-17 12:42:11 am
Aphox: 2013-02-17 12:39:08 am
Also know as L0rdy
Well the trigger will be at the same place because we basicly are at the same phase of the building just that you skip the trigger for the first bust open thing. Its far easier to find the trigger if you let it bust open tho, you can just skip doing that and try find the trigger at the same position I was triggering it.

EDIT: Yeah just tried it you can find the trigger at the same position its just far harder to make out since you dont really have a visual mark where it is like in the version when you have it ripped apart.

EDIT EDIT: Haha some funny stuff happens if you trigger the break apart which you should have hit earlier afterwards : P
Edit history:
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-17 12:44:55 am
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-17 12:43:02 am
Ooh okay cool. So same as before, ending hallway doesn't load?
Also, speaking of funny stuff, have you found that random breakable door thats like on a stone pedestal near the main hall? Tongue

On another side of things, in Virility, did you ever think of building speed on the area you clip out from and fling yourself w/pause buffering to the end?
Edit history:
Aphox: 2013-02-17 12:58:58 am
Aphox: 2013-02-17 12:50:20 am
Aphox: 2013-02-17 12:49:48 am
Also know as L0rdy
I mean there could always be someone else who figgures this out. But stuff I have tested:

- Just advance the platform as you would usually, the last platform normally cant be whipped onto since its blocked by the black spires and big invisible walls. However you can make it onto the platform but the door doesnt open.

- Tested to search for the last tunnel via IG where it usually would appear, however nowhere to be found.

No havent found that door... or I just dont know what you mean ^^.

Not sure what you mean with the Virility thing, if you mean anything that would make you IG directly to the ending, you are really low and need to gain a lot of height before you can go to the ending, even after you elevate yourself higher from out of bounds you would end up at the same height you started with. So the elevation + cancel into new IG is necessary.

EDIT:
What I found today too was that you can chain IGs together when you fly against walls, usually you would be restricted after 1 glide you couldnt start anotherone. This could be useful if you have to change your height during oob flying with IJ, however couldnt think of an useful application on the top of my head.

Nice find. Eventually we will be chaining IGs to everything.
Limbos Top F*cking Idiot
Quote from CrypticJacknife:
What ones are you having issues with ImRuKus? A lot of the time the catch to get out of bounds is either a particular angle or a particular speed. Outside of the big Virility OoB, I can't think of any other one that requires both.

Again, it's become apparent to me that everyone has their pet peeve with this game, like something that doesn't click as immediately as everything else they learn, whether it be one of the IGs, IJs or clips. Grind it a little and you'll get past it for sure Cheesy

Caelint was having issue with the Order clip recently. He said the area wasn't loading at all and he had to go back in the level to trigger loading. Apparently restarting the level as opposed to restart checkpoint fixed that issue. Which ones aren't working?

EDIT: L0rdy, L0rdy, L0rdy, dude. I somehow hit a trigger for the house rearrange before going to the Eva painting in Home Truths. Pretty sure it was somewhere within the main chamber. One of the sides is clippable, so get in that way. WE MUST FIND DIS AGAIN. And I mean the second one, the one above the door, not the one after the post-Eva hallway. Yknow, orchestra music

Pretty much all the OoB that just pop in when ur flying never pop in for me. Are you two on the PC version? Im hoping it has nothing to do with load times.. Btw ill be doing a kind of trial run of DMD NG+ soon to see how long it is, Im using my old Neph route so It will only get shortr when I learn all the new skips. Ill post again when My streams up, i gotta have dinner first >.<!
Edit history:
ImRuKus: 2013-02-17 02:51:05 am
Limbos Top F*cking Idiot
Streams up http://www.twitch.tv/ImRuKus kept screwing up skips CBF resetting again for tonight, streams still up just not dmc stuff.
Hell yeah. Cut the hour! By how much? A second :3

Yep 59:59.01. Not using Virility skip and screwing up a plethora of late-game things, such as The Plan. Also Mundus screwed me over for a full minute, first bad pattern, then he started glitching out and killed me with invisible spew. But rejoice! Have some splits!

Found - 1:28
Home Truths - 6:40
Bloodline - 7:52
Under Watch - 10:15
Virility - 14:52
Secret Ingredient - 18:24
Overturn - 20:46
Eyeless - 24:30
Devil Inside - 25:40
Bad News - 30:44
The Order - 32:07
Under Siege - 38:39
Devil's Dalliance - 44:03
Last Dance - 44:45
The Trade - 46:01
The Plan - 52:37
Furnace of Souls - 55:21
Demon's Den - 56:07
Face of the Demons - 59:26
The End - 59:59 Cheesy
Edit history:
Aphox: 2013-02-17 03:03:27 am
Also know as L0rdy
congrats CJ, I got a 53:03 yesterday ^^ but had lots of bad stuff too I am pretty sure I can cut the 52 pretty soon

However most likely not today, feel so tired currently repairing sleep schedule : x
Awesome Smiley Have you worked out the in-game time of these runs?
Also know as L0rdy
No nothing the like I just use RTA time, didnt pay too much attention to ingame time besides for compare reasons if a new route is faster or by how much etc.
Well, you probably should start. That's what will be the time for your run after all Smiley
Also know as L0rdy
Must admit not really too interested in doing that ^^, I can easily see my improvement with just RTA time and thats more or less what I focus on for now, improving... since I am not playing that good yet.