Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213141516 -> <- 1 .. 6 .. 16 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Shotgun/Fireworks doesn't work in the later versions of the PC version. Also Rebellion IG doesn't work either. Eryx/Angel Whip is fine as is Erxy/Fireworks(Though I'm sure it doesn't gain the height it used to).
Ganondorf = Donkey Kong LOOK IT UP!!
Since you guys have been so nice as to pretty much wrap up all the glitches in a nice instructional wad for me and others to learn, have an IL! <3

Mission 1 - Found [1:20] on Human

Done on unpatched PC, if anyone was curious.
Also know as L0rdy
I just made a route for Mission 17, it also found use of Akheons new Glide technic.
You actually have to kill those enemys at the start to be able to grap up to the next platform.

Limbos Top F*cking Idiot
Nice routes guys :D! Also nvm about me asking for a close up look of the new IG I tried it out this arvo when I got home and is by far the easiest to learn, I think I got it 2nd try.  Definitely can see this being used for just common movement in long halls.
Edit history:
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-11 09:15:08 am
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-11 04:31:29 am
God damn it. First I hear people found the Whip/Shotgun IJs difficult, yet I get them no problem all the time. Yet this new IG is apparently easy as piss, BUT I CAN'T DO IT FOR THE LIFE OF ME D: Help meh!!! Revanent preffered if possible.

EDIT: Also, I found a funky way to get to the cathedral in Under Watch, managed to hit checkpoint and reload inside. Finished the level and it white screens....I can move around a little in the whiteness, but I quickly fall off some ledge and die, respawning in the church again. :/

EDIT #2: Seriously anyone? Preferrably without copy pasting Akheons video description. Trust me, I've read it.
Just tried it, got it first try lol, I can only tell how it worked for me. Quickly hold shoot then hold jump, at the peak of the jump release jump, then angel+jump and immediately release shoot. It should work. Make sure you have power shot of course.
Well I'm glad everyone finds this trick super easy but me >_> Just tried it for another 5 minutes. Seriously, is everyone on console or something?
Quote from CrypticJacknife:
God damn it. First I hear people found the Whip/Shotgun IJs difficult, yet I get them no problem all the time. Yet this new IG is apparently easy as piss, BUT I CAN'T DO IT FOR THE LIFE OF ME D: Help meh!!! Revanent preffered if possible.

I concur, I find what most people find difficult about the IJ's easy and what they find easy hard. I must be missing something in the timing of the IG because I can't do it either.
Edit history:
Caelint: 2013-02-11 09:46:04 am
Caelint: 2013-02-11 09:44:13 am
I'm on PC, it really should work like I described. You basically have to hold down power shot for a set amount of time before releasing it just after you input angel glide, it just happens that the time of the first jump looks just enough for that.

The order of inputs seems important tho, you have to start charging the shot before jumping, and you have to release it after the glide input.

By PS inputs it's hold square > hold x > release x at peak of jump > L2+X > release square. The first and last 2 inputs happens very fast, I just roll my thumb on square and X and the magic happens ^_^

On the other hand I'm TERRIBLE at IJs without keyboard binds Sad We all have our problems Tongue
Bam. Caelint I fucking love you <3

CrimsonxxMana, pay close attention to the last thing he said, " The first and last 2 inputs happens very fast, I just roll my thumb on square and X and the magic happens ^_^" This is the part I was missing and it very well be what you are missing. However it still seems pretty precise, I dunno, practice practice.
I'm glad it worked, and I'm glad AKheon and Findle make life easier every day. Now please find a piss easy IJ too... PLEASE? I'm so bad at them I can't complete a run as long as IJ is involved lol. Guess I gotta keep practicing.
Sounds like Maverick talk to me.
Im glad the shotgun IJ I found has been developed into a faster and more flowing First it started from Shotgun to firecrackers in the air. Now its much faster thanks to this community for experimenting on it.
Also know as L0rdy
Hey all, got my first sub 1h run (57:40) I thought this might be worth it as a first time to post all the other runs before had so many mayor mistakes ^^. I am still using some suboptimal strats here and there (specially mission 2), but thats because I didnt come to train those yet.

http://www.twitch.tv/aphox/c/1921469

Enjoy.
+2 against silly
So it looks like the IG will be out of the picture if anyone decides they want to try out the Bloody Palace: http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2013/02/13/bloody-palace-other-tweaks-coming-to-dmc-next-week-via-free-update

PC's getting the fixes tomorrow, but PS3/360 are getting fixed next shop update. So I guess this means either non-patching, not getting Bloody Palace, or figuring out other ways to get IG to work... if it will at all after this update.
Glitch advocate
Why would someone want to eradicate such a nice glitch? Monsters. At a best possible case they only block the original method of doing the glitch, i.e. fix the loophole in Angel Lift... not the actual loophole in Angel Glide itself.

ImRukus: for the latest level skip strats, you'd do well to watch Aphox's stream. For combat I recommend you check out Drive / Overdrive (more killing power and group effect than the normal Rebellion combo), Trinity Smash (the delayed combo for Arbiter, a very damaging move) and using environment kills whenever possible by for example jumping over a chasm, pulling enemies to you (Whip or Buy Ins) and punching them down. I've also heard that Demon Evade is overpowered, but I haven't really tested it myself yet.

For the first boss I saw this speed tactic.

For Mission 10... You can deflect Bob Barbas' projectiles back at him. On Heaven or Hell the results are deadly, on other modes not so much (during the short stun Bob gets less damage than normal). You could use the stun time for an easier access to the power plates, at least. But not so much for damage dealing.
Dirrttyyyyyyy ;3

Mission 18 - Demon Den in '0:11'

Also lol, they linked to Findles vid, epic.
Kay, fastest (afaik) route through Mission 1 set.

Mission 01 - Found in '0:38'
Limbos Top F*cking Idiot
Quote from AKheon:
Why would someone want to eradicate such a nice glitch? Monsters. At a best possible case they only block the original method of doing the glitch, i.e. fix the loophole in Angel Lift... not the actual loophole in Angel Glide itself.

ImRukus: for the latest level skip strats, you'd do well to watch Aphox's stream. For combat I recommend you check out Drive / Overdrive (more killing power and group effect than the normal Rebellion combo), Trinity Smash (the delayed combo for Arbiter, a very damaging move) and using environment kills whenever possible by for example jumping over a chasm, pulling enemies to you (Whip or Buy Ins) and punching them down. I've also heard that Demon Evade is overpowered, but I haven't really tested it myself yet.

For Mission 10... You can deflect Bob Barbas' projectiles back at him. On Heaven or Hell the results are deadly, on other modes not so much (during the short stun Bob gets less damage than normal). You could use the stun time for an easier access to the power plates, at least. But not so much for damage dealing.

Thanks for the link Man Ill have to watch it tomomrow, Darn everyone's running Heaven or Hell Maybe I should start running it too Sad
Well im off to practice new tricks on stream, If anyone cares to come and watch heres my link http://www.twitch.tv/imrukus
$15 per rant/allegory
Quote from ImRuKus:
Quote from AKheon:

Thanks for the link Man Ill have to watch it tomomrow, Darn everyone's running Heaven or Hell Maybe I should start running it too Sad
Well im off to practice new tricks on stream, If anyone cares to come and watch heres my link http://www.twitch.tv/imrukus

No no, go run glitchless. I need to steal the route from you in a few weeks.

You're going for a New Game Nephilim run, right?
Limbos Top F*cking Idiot
Quote from flicky:
Quote from ImRuKus:
Quote from AKheon:

No no, go run glitchless. I need to steal the route from you in a few weeks.

You're going for a New Game Nephilim run, right?

My first time was a glitchless run, however I probably could get sub 3 glitchless as I did get lost and made mistakes /faceplam

And yes I run Nephilim while everyone else prefers Heaven or Hell since its much quicker.
I'd say glitchless dosnt have much of a route since you don't skip anything it just depends on how quick you can take enemy's down.

Also does anyone know if you only get patched on console if you get the new DLC? I heard its just a 'live as long as you can' DLC like gears of war horde mode without and ending.
Edit history:
ImRuKus: 2013-02-14 01:41:55 pm
Limbos Top F*cking Idiot
Btw Flicky the current Nephilim time is 2:29:04 I'm going to be practicing all weekend and doing 1 more run before the patch on the 20th, probably Tuesday ill get up early and run it all day, I'm gunna try get sub 2, if I can learn the new first mission skip, the virility skip an a couple other newly found skips.
Also know as L0rdy
Found new Mission 11 Route:

Edit history:
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-14 03:55:39 pm
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-14 03:45:34 pm
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-14 03:45:22 pm
Dear l0rd l0rdy :3 No seriously though hell yeah, that level was way too long as it was Cheesy

Just did my first full game run, 1:13:06 RTA. Still sketchy on a few strats/missing a few (Home Truths/Virility/Now I guess The Order as well). Overall bad run, countless amount of bullshit, but now hopefully I can sit down a drill out a few of these after learning a few more strats. Smiley

No doubt another PB coming in the near future with these new Order strats, regardless of quality, sub 1:10 I know is child's play. At the moment I'm going for sub 1:05 Smiley

EDIT: Also, with people asking about categories, I figured the three big ones would be full NG+ any% (Heaven and Hell + Super Dante), NG any% (Nephilim) or of course any% DMD. But if you guys think DMD is a little too much fighting ratio, s'all good.

EDIT #2: Oh man these M11 strats are hot, way better than phasing through the one in the middle, way more consistent too. Smiley
Also know as L0rdy
Yeah its really simple ^^ I love it too : P
Edit history:
ImRuKus: 2013-02-14 05:21:01 pm
Limbos Top F*cking Idiot
Quote from L0rdy:
Found new Mission 11 Route:

Holy shit L0rdy that was down right dirty! Ill need to learn that before Monday!

btw the nephilim run is a NG+ any% Also I may be doing a DMD run aswell as having a go at Heaven or Hell since it appears to be the favorite amongst this small DmC community.

Btw Monday I will be trying to get sub 2 on NG+ any% Nephilim, So my stream will most likely be on from 8am AEST onwards. Hopefully I can get sub 2 before the console patch. I have to shave off near 30 mins but with the new skips + new IG I think i can do it since I tend to use the new IG for movement on straight parts too.