Sad
page  <- 12345678910111213141516 -> <- 1 .. 12 .. 16 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Also know as L0rdy
Hmm so that basicly means your loading times are only 22 seconds off mine in this run. How come there was over a minute difference last time?
Ganondorf = Donkey Kong LOOK IT UP!!
Yeah I know! I theorised maybe my PC was just chugging an update or Steam was on or something. No way in hell it has the same workload yet loads over a minute faster. Just seems too weird :/

It's certainly something on my side, as your low 53 to high 49 went from 35 to 32. Where as mine is being weird I dunno. Of note, I was playing on windowed mode. Maybe full screen mode just destroys my PC o_O
Also know as L0rdy
All cool, makes it just easier to compare ^^. Btw I always play on windowed mode as well so that might be correct.
Mhmm, maybe we don't have to write an essay on how we calculated how earlier I start in a race if we do one now ^_^
Also know as L0rdy
You better buy your headset soon : P so we can actually skype ^^ far more fun while racing : P
Did a fun run of DMD No Super/Items up to Succubus, M6 split was at 31:27. This was also with some pretty crappy unoptimised fights in Home Truths, as well as screwing up the zip not once, but twice. 6 battles in Home Truths and what....3 fights in the rest? 5 if you include Hunter and Succubus I guess.
Edit history:
Caelint: 2013-02-22 11:28:35 am
Caelint: 2013-02-22 10:15:13 am
Caelint: 2013-02-22 10:02:23 am
Caelint: 2013-02-22 10:01:43 am
Caelint: 2013-02-22 10:01:26 am
You must be doing something wrong with the zip then, It's one of the most consistent trick for me with the first method. I'll take a look once you'll record one of your runs, or you should take a look at the video again.

Edit: Finished my first run, 1:00:49 with a game restart after getting a soft lock on mundus lol, wanted sub 1h for first try so fuck that... lots of mistakes obviously but it was just a test to see if I can run SS now. My goal is sub 55 for now.
Nah man I just fucked up the angles, and the second time I forgot I had non HoH bindings and I just rolled into the secret room when I obviously hit the wrong angle hahaha. Tricks still fine, I was just derping. I keep just doing it on the fly like it's not actually a trick, where I should actually be taking a second to say "hey wait, is this even lined up?" Also I'm doing the second one, if by first one you mean from in the next hallway.

Grats on your first run, good luck going for sub-55, no doubt you can get it soon enough Smiley
Edit history:
Caelint: 2013-02-22 04:33:57 pm
Caelint: 2013-02-22 04:22:49 pm
Caelint: 2013-02-22 04:17:37 pm
Caelint: 2013-02-22 04:12:45 pm
Caelint: 2013-02-22 04:12:31 pm
Well, yeah, that didn't take long: 53:34 Smiley I will start using some riskier strats now, just wanted to have a decent time first.

I'm using an ultra safe virility strat too which is a relief because I had a hard time with it. It's what you guys figured out with the chain IG, only without IJ at the invisible wall, I just shoot with the shotgun then chain IG, somehow shoot chains really well with IG and I never screw it up.

Also, I spent 2 hours resetting because I kept screwing up Overturn, that mission definitely is my nemesis :/ I think I finally figured it out tho.

And a bit of 'bad' news for you CrypticJacknife, you might need to redo your Mission 4 IL. I think this one is faster, especially if you'll try to optimize the gliding. After the gate you can just fall down and trigger the crushing event, no need to fly further and activate the checkpoint by dying. It might just be enough to push it under 1 min in an IL.

Edit history:
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-23 03:10:47 am
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-23 03:01:51 am
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-23 02:33:20 am
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-23 02:23:48 am
Ooh, ain't no bad news. A little sceptical on whether any game time can actually be saved using this (My 1:02 was extremely high iirc) but I'll give it a whirl. But 100% absolutely no doubt the strat to use in runs. Whether it saves in-game or not, it saves RTA, which I mean why the hell wouldn't you want to save that Cheesy

I like the idea of this no-Fireworks Virility strats, I presume shoot with the shotgun you mean just a regular single shot yeah?

Yeah get used to Overturn being annoying, it's at just the right place for you to screw an IJ and just the right configuration to screw the IG too if you aren't careful. Also have you come across the invisible unhittable harpies in the end fight yet? Aphox faced one of those, scary shit, not much you can do outside of checkpoint reset.

EDIT: Nvm I'm an idiot totally saves in-game, didn't realise how freely you can beeline to that arch
EDIT 2: Okay holy shit I am a genuine retard, just got :59 with a mistake near the pre-chapel hallway. 58 possible? Let us see.
EDIT 3.12: Found a one jump IG zip to skip the first battle easily on the right wall. This way you can hit the ground (or god forbid zip to a flat wall and Chain IG), do another IG, and this way you can slip into the side of the crushing alley and land directly on what triggers it. Surely this is at least 57 material....
It might not be helpful for everyone, but yeah it is a normal single shot, then a normal IG just like you would do it on the ground. It helps a lot for me, because the way I do IG is hold shoot then jump very fast. You can do it reverse, so jump then shoot, but I got used to it that way, and it is 100% working on the ground and when chaining. And suddenly when I want to do the virility chain IG after IJ, I keep shooting instead of IG... so by shooting I make sure I can't shoot instead of IG, and it works like a charm.

I mentioned that you can skip the first battle with zipping when I posted that, that's the main reason I found you can just glide into the alley directly, as I wasn't flying at double jump height like you guys did. Smiley 57 sound cool, I was hoping for 59 lol. Good luck.
Oh good to know, figured you would've blitzed any of the zips, you seemed pretty stoked about it Smiley 57 I don't know really, it's a huge ask.

Don't you remember you are the one who taught me how to charge-shot IG? Shoot Jump Glide master race. I'll check out this Virility thing once I get a 58 at least. If I do, I will make a new post so you don't have to keep reading edits haha
Mhmm, this was way harder to get than I thought it would be.

Mission 4 - Under Watch - 0:58 [Caelint Remix]
Edit history:
Caelint: 2013-02-23 04:49:14 am
Caelint: 2013-02-23 04:48:04 am
Caelint: 2013-02-23 04:46:04 am
Nice one Cryptic, perfect execution.

By the way, I'm using an alternate first half route for furnace of souls. Same 2:02 as L0rdy's route, but less IJ and no timing required. So we can say it's a tiny bit safer. I even screwed up the IJ when recording :x Also if you do that literally PERFECTLY, you might skip a burning phase for an IL. I didn't manage to do that yet, but I'm pretty sure it's possible, especially with a mouse you can turn the camera up much quicker to get the grapple point. There's an invisible wall at the top of the wall where I land after the IJ, so no precision required as well, good thing for SS.

Oooh, I really hope it's as safe as you say. Last run I lost a full minute there, and in the PB before that I lost 25 seconds >_<
That level accounts for probably about 75% of the mistakes I made in my best run. I'll check it and the Virility thing out in the morning, way past tired :/

Glad you like it Smiley

EDIT: I might start a few of the more obvious ILs as well, such as the Bosses + M3/9
Dem ILs

Last Dance in 0.03

Bloodline in 0.12

Tasteful counters

The End in 0.03
Edit history:
Fragmaster01: 2013-02-23 10:25:58 pm
Wiggle wiggle
Pffff. Heaven or Hell ILs aren't interesting. Okay, it's cute to say "I beat a boss mission in 3 seconds", but there's very little entertainment value there. This is in no way a suggestion to do IL glitchless runs for our adoring eyes what are you talking about.
Well I am running HoH, so find someone else. I wouldn't have played this game beyond DMD if I didn't want to use glitches Smiley

Edit: Next is Dalliance, with the jump DT hoping maybe 2:41/2
Wiggle wiggle
Quote from CrypticJacknife:
Well I am running HoH, so find someone else.

*runs away crying* :p
Edit history:
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-23 11:20:28 pm
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-23 11:07:36 pm
Don't worry man. I've always thought of it as "If someone wants to watch it, someone will want to do it". I've already seen a few glitchless runners among the SRL streams, can't think of the names of the top of my head. But poke around, I'm sure you'll find a glitchless runner in time =)

Okay screw 2:41/42 HOW BOUT 2:36?!?! Uploading now haha
Edit history:
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-24 01:38:58 am
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-24 12:49:10 am
Still surprised I got this low.

Devil's Dalliance in '2.36'

I want to wrap up the other bosses today, but I don't think I'll get around to Bob, maybe Succubus. I've just been wrestling Mundus RNG for the past hour. Getting the worst god damn luck on the best god damn runs. Expected time ~37

EDIT: Caelint I may have found that softlock on Mundus you were talking about. Did you get hit and kill his hand at the same time? Cz yeah. Totally just happened to me.
Edit history:
Caelint: 2013-02-24 04:06:18 am
Yeah, I knew that's what causing the softlock, it just cannot be avoided sometimes. I practiced that fucker a lot since then to try and minimize it.

There's another kind of soft lock too, after killing an arm you can still access items menu, can move around the cutscene, can't attack mundus, etc. It just randomly happens too, this one has nothing to do with dying.

It's ridiculous considering we're NOT glitching the game there, the game just wasn't tested in HoH :/
Highly suggest you use Air Dashes if you are using Angel Dodges. 9/10 times I had it happen (yes it happened that many times during attempts for this IL) when I was trying to save as much time as possible by Angel Dodging.

This took 3 hours....
Edit history:
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-25 01:40:25 am
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-25 01:39:00 am
CrypticJacknife: 2013-02-25 01:38:51 am
The 32 has been cut. HoH w/Super in 31:51 in-game/50:07 RTA.

To give you an idea of how topsy turvy the run was:-

- Was 40 seconds ahead after Succubus
- Was 10 seconds ahead after Overturn
- Was 30 seconds behind after The Plan
- Was 30 seconds ahead after Furnace of Souls
- Okay but not good Mundus luck. One platform change and one repeated slam.

31 can undoubtedly be cut. Why no footage btw? Because the run was bad, just look at those facts. Will use the bandwidth once I get a run without giant glaring mistakes in it.