page  <- 123456789101112131415161718 -> <- 1 .. 16 .. 18 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
We both like money! Friends?
Quote from xfullmetal17:
Not my best run, sorry. Sad Let nerves get to me.
Shoutouts to everyone that helped me get here all the same!

Np man! It is the tricks that impress people in a marathon and not the actual time. Especially in an unknown game like Braid. GJ showing off the new strats!
What's up, FullMetal!? I'm lurkin through the forums while I got SGDQ on the other tab. Just wanted to say that that was an impressive run either way. That sucks that you didn't hit your target time, but maybe you'll get another chance. Dealing with nerves is part of the art of speedrunning, I guess. (But then again, what do I know? I've never even done a good speedrun). I hope you'll tackle that obstacle one way or the other. Games like Braid show us just how experimental games can be. It's great that you guys can break it down so much. Seems hard enough just to figure out how to beat that game!
New PB! 26:05... getting so close to sub 26. I could have done it as well, messed up on a few things.

Part 1: http://www.twitch.tv/kanban85/c/2656799

Part 2: http://www.twitch.tv/kanban85/c/2656813
Thank you xfullmetal for your run, it was nice to see some hard strats when you just started running the game not long ago Smiley you worked well for that, and even though it was not your best run, people seemed to be glad and impressed Wink

Also, thanks for the shoutous you gave at the end of the marathon, that's very nice of you Cheesy

Hope you'll keep on running the game if you liked it, so we can have fun races with Kanban, Patashu and BumCommando Wink

Cheers
Edit history:
xfullmetal17: 2013-08-01 02:38:45 am
wibbly wobbly timey wimey
I'm definitely planning to keep running. Cheesy
I've been beating myself up too much over the run though, people loved it anyway. (Plus I *did* beat my real-time estimate by ~3 seconds anyway! :D)
Glad to hear that Smiley
Hope that SGDQ was good for you Smiley I saw you had fun during the bonus stream Wink

See you soon for Braid stuff then Wink
FINALLY SUB 26 min! (really close though...)

Quote from KanBan85:
FINALLY SUB 26 min! (really close though...)

Oh very very nice Cheesy I can't watch the video yet cause it's still not uploaded, but I will do ASAP!
Now I'm getting a bit more worried about losing WR Tongue
Keep on going Kanban Smiley
Cheers
Also, for those who missed, here is my ESA run:
Edit history:
xfullmetal17: 2013-08-06 12:51:27 am
xfullmetal17: 2013-08-04 06:54:04 pm
wibbly wobbly timey wimey
That's better... Even if it isn't a great time, still a new PB for me. Cheesy (by about two minutes, apparently even though speedrun mode is globally unlocked each file has its own PB)

edit: that's with a missed jump in 3-8, a choke in Fickle Companion, and a bit of trouble with Elevator Action.  So that time *should* have been ~3 minutes faster, but things.
GJ fullmetal! This is still kinda wip but it seems that me and p_why will be racing during the speedathlon mararthon that is comming up in september. Stay tuned for more info!
Gz to your PB fullmetal. It was nice to see, that someone runed it at sgdq Smiley
Braid race live now. HYPE! Me & p_why!

http://www.multitwitch.tv/kanban85/sc2_starbow
I'm so pissed I missed the chandelier Cry I'd have won the race by ~30 seconds... but still, you had a great run Kanban Smiley that was delightful to race with you last night ^_^ GG to you!
Quote from P-why:
I'm so pissed I missed the chandelier Cry
KanBan wins. Flawless victory!
Yeah, that was kinda lame.... Next race will be better! And P-why will have his own stream even! Smiley
I did it! Finally!

http://www.twitch.tv/kanban85/c/2710094

25:28 min run. Your move Palfo. If you speedrun Braid anymore that is....
Oh my... you're getting really dangerous now :S
Me and P-why race #2!

http://gimlao.free.fr/twitch/?live1=kanban85&live2=p_why&allchats=1&leftchat=1
Small improvement for pro SS run of "crossing the gap":

http://www.twitch.tv/kanban85/c/2736806

Also for TAS (a bit late...). On "In another castle" in world 6. As you are falling down from the ladder in green state, I have noticed that if you move too fast towards the left you get a head pump and get pushed quite fast towards the right. Is it possible to time it so you move "too fast" towards the right and gets a nice boost towards the left so you can pick up the key even earlier? Or do you still have to wait for the same canon cycle on your way back up again?
Good find. Save the frames!
Haha Kanban, indeed that saves a few frames ^_^ and that's totally worth doing it since it's 0 risk!
Quote from KanBan85:
Also for TAS (a bit late...). On "In another castle" in world 6. As you are falling down from the ladder in green state, I have noticed that if you move too fast towards the left you get a head pump and get pushed quite fast towards the right. Is it possible to time it so you move "too fast" towards the right and gets a nice boost towards the left so you can pick up the key even earlier? Or do you still have to wait for the same canon cycle on your way back up again?

Actually I tried a lot with the pad and it seems it won't take the boost to go faster to the left... but yeah, anyway I don't know if it could save a cycle with the canon!
I got new PBs on Silverbraid and Braid Level Pack Smiley

Quote from KanBan85:

I tried to trigger this, and never managed to get it.
I got a new PB (so new WR) today Smiley here's the video, it's a 24:21 Cheesy