Sad
page  <- 123456789101112131415161718 -> <- 1 .. 8 .. 18 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from KanBan85:
I see him jumping uphill sometimes, won't that slow you down?

Well, landing on uphills slow you down, and running on uphills slow you down as well. Generally, jumping is slightly faster, except when the slope is really sharp. I'm not doing it everywhere because it usually save less that a frame, and it is not very nice to watch.
Quote from Archanfel:
Ha-ha! I noticed that my idea is just opposite with your. Try them both. I hope one of them give you positive result.

Well, you were right, the cloud goes at the same speed wherever you put the ring on it.
Edit history:
Archanfel: 2013-04-09 02:52:28 pm
Archanfel: 2013-04-09 02:26:44 pm
Archanfel: 2013-04-09 02:25:37 pm
Archanfel: 2013-04-09 08:38:56 am
Archanfel: 2013-04-09 08:38:17 am
Archanfel: 2013-04-09 08:37:47 am
Quote from keylie:
the cloud goes at the same speed wherever you put the ring on it.
Yes, this cloud will have the same speed, but if put ring more closer to left edge it must have less slow-down-effect on next cloud.
---
Did you have any progress with catching cloud?
I could save 10 frames from placing the ring on the leftmost place. I'm trying to save frames before the first jump because as I'm running later on a cloud that slows me down, any frame I can save is getting multiplied there.

So close... I just miss one or two more frames...
Edit history:
Archanfel: 2013-04-10 09:02:05 am
Archanfel: 2013-04-10 08:31:37 am
Archanfel: 2013-04-10 08:30:52 am
Archanfel: 2013-04-10 08:30:13 am
Archanfel: 2013-04-10 08:30:13 am
Keep trying... It will be tragedy if you not will find these 1-2 frames... Undecided

Btw did try to put (and cancel in air) ring on cloud where you doing attempt of last jump of faith?
Not sure what effect will bring... But if Tim will get less slow-down then cloud... may be he will have chance succeed?
Edit history:
keylie: 2013-04-10 07:18:35 am
keylie: 2013-04-10 04:17:40 am
keylie: 2013-04-10 03:34:20 am
Quote from Archanfel:
Btw did try to put (and cancel in air) ring on cloud where you doing attempt of last jump of faith?

Yeah... it has the opposite effect.
EDIT: I keep trying, I'm currently 3/4 frame ahead, maybe this is the one...
+ Nope, couldn't convert it to a full frame.
++ I pass for now...
Edit history:
Archanfel: 2013-04-11 02:10:26 am
Archanfel: 2013-04-11 12:40:15 am
I have one more idea. Again about placement ring on the first cloud. Most likely it will not work... But at least it better than nothing. Here it is:

May be somehow is possible to put ring faster but in another place (not in the leftmost place), and then walk a bit to the left cancel this ring and immediately put second to the leftmost place before jump.
Or leftmost place is simultaneously is the fastest ever? In this case this idea is pointless.

+Seems cancel of ring is taking too long... So last remaining variant is just to place ring a bit more left from first attempt by using precise movements after landing. Probably you can landing on the cloud a bit left (at point where even ring is impossible) and walk a bit forward and to put it.
did you try to jump off the second cloud early? Walking that cloud slows Tim down a lot. I however see that you won't get the edge of the cannon without stopping mid air iif you jump off early, but it may be worth it anyway.
Edit history:
keylie: 2013-04-10 02:44:55 pm
Quote from Archanfel:
Or leftmost place is simultaneously is the fastest ever? In this case this idea is pointless.

Well, it is the left most possible when controlling position in air. However, with the ring, you have more precise movements, so I could probably place the ring a little bit more to the left. I can try this.
Quote from palfo32:
did you try to jump off the second cloud early? Walking that cloud slows Tim down a lot. I however see that you won't get the edge of the cannon without stopping mid air iif you jump off early, but it may be worth it anyway.

Taking the boost is way better than jumping early.
ye, I meant like jump early but take the boost nontheless.
It's so frustrating that you don't get it yet (maybe it's not even possible)... I think the biggest frustration for now is the skip fail at 4-2 (ref. I hope so bad that it's possible and that you'll find a way to do it Smiley
Anyway, keep up the good work Clément!
And, just fyi, I beated my PB and got a 27:21, I'm getting closer but it's hard >.< ! I'll get you palfo Tongue
I really hope so p-why =) with all these new timesavers the 27:00 isn't that good anymore plus it's been the record long enough now =)
The downside of all these tricks is that the run got considerably harder over the past few weeks. I had relatively consistent 27:XX runs within the last finished runs but I wasn't happy with any of them. Most of the time it's one of the 5-6 hard-to-do tricks that can cost like up to 30 seconds if done wrong ;/
Totally agree guys.  Not too many missing frames at 6-3 is, so i belive it is possible.
We want see full power of TAS for Tim's crazy jumpings!!
Good luck Clément!

...and he want to kill many innocent rabbits Tongue
I just did a 26:15 I didn't record (cause it was supposed to be a test run). It still was far from perfect anyway, 2-3 major mistakes in it. I guess sth like 25:30 - 25:40 would be the optimum for single segment.
Edit history:
Archanfel: 2013-04-12 07:56:27 am
Quote from palfo32(2 years ago):
I guess a time between 27:20 and 27:30 is the absolute minimum for this game
Quote from palfo32:
I guess sth like 25:30 - 25:40 would be the optimum for single segment
Sometimes it is very funny to look back in times Wink
---
+One small question to keylie about World 5:
Are you tried use this corner-glitch in 5-5? (attached) It seems fast.

---
Quote from keylie:
++ YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES !
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edit history:
keylie: 2013-04-12 07:32:50 am
keylie: 2013-04-12 07:26:58 am
keylie: 2013-04-12 07:23:35 am
Quote from Archanfel:
Are you tried use this corner-glitch in 5-5? (attached) It seems fast.

I tried some of them, but I'm not sure I tried this one. It may be faster indeed.

About stage 6-3, I managed to save another frame by putting the ring a little more on the left. I can't say yet if it will be enough.
However, I'm now pretty confident I will succeed to do this route, but blindly trying some corner jumps may not be enough. I may have to do some algebra to compute the furthest possible landing position to do the best corner jump, which will take some time.

+ Yes ! Saved another frame at the corner jump after the ring + canon boost. This should be enough, I hope...
Quote from keylie:

Great! Show us encode of 6-(1-2-3-4) please!
Quote from Tim:
Great! Show us encode of 6-(1-2-3-4) please!

Here it is:
For normal mode only, stage 6-2 can be done without the ring, starting from the right door.
Edit history:
KanBan85: 2013-04-12 11:55:23 am
We both like money! Friends?
Nice job!

What are you waiting for at 1:05 ?
Edit history:
Archanfel: 2013-04-12 02:53:18 pm
Great WIP! I am very happy about successful 6-3! It is beautiful.

@keylie
I have very complex idea how is possible try to broke cycle of last goomba-cannon in 6-4.
Low chance to success, but worth to think about it at least a several minutes.

By using ring is possible to influence periodic patterns of goombas/bullet:

Two spots to try do it:
1)At beginning of stage bullet is forbid Tim climbing to ladder. So there are a few free frames to put a ring under cannon.

2)And Here - to use bullet from previous cycle (so no waiting after getting key.)

May be together these two spots can give enough time to catch previous goomba at the very end?
Quote from KanBan85:
Nice job!

What are you waiting for at 1:05 ?

Quote from keylie:
6-4: This stage has a lot of periodic patterns (goombas, fireballs), so I had to wait a few times. I wait on the top right portion, as it is better than waiting near the cannon (because I have a high speed there) or after when the ring is placed.
Edit history:
keylie: 2013-04-13 05:35:34 am
Quote from keylie:
For normal mode only, stage 6-2 can be done without the ring, starting from the right door.

I was wrong, it is possible to take the piece and escape ! So no ring for either mode in this stage !

+ Any idea for the second piece of 6-5 ?
Quote from keylie:
I was wrong, it is possible to take the piece and escape ! So no ring for either mode in this stage !
Cool!!!

Quote from keylie:
+ Any idea for the second piece of 6-5 ?
Nope, you ask impossible. Taking the second piece at maximum speed is worth only for warp exit.

For speed run mode you obliged to wait moving platform...
You can use ring to get goomba-stair in good position and escape a bit earlier (like in my old 25 mins route). But anyway need wait this platform.

---
Though probably for TAS also exist absolutely unhuman alternative method... without platform.
May be is possible to create a "bridge" with green goomba instead of platform... (in this case no need to use ring in begining)
It infinitely more difficult, but most likely (for 99%) it will be slower.