Sad
page  <- 123456789101112131415161718 -> <- 1 .. 9 .. 18 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Quote from Archanfel:
About AGDQ 2014 palfo32 is right, all of us live very far from U.S.

Someone called 'xfullmetal17' is doing Braid for SGDQ2013, btw. If you want a good Braid run at an xGDQ, you could see how good he is/if he needs tutoring on any of the stages.
Quote from clementgallet:
Add the first half of stage 6-5
You used normal strat or it was attempted to do bridge with green goomba?
Quote from Freid:
Quote from clementgallet:
Add the first half of stage 6-5
You used normal strat or it was attempted to do bridge with green goomba?

For now, it's normal strat. I will also try the green goomba strat to see the timing. If it's slower, I will still keep it as a bonus (6-5 no ring) Smiley
Quote from Archanfel:
May be is possible to create a "bridge" with green goomba instead of platform... (in this case no need to use ring in begining)
It infinitely more difficult, but most likely (for 99%) it will be slower.

Well, maybe it is not that slower. I managed to get a green goomba on the star path (with Tim) and it goes to the flames about 8-10 sec before you took the puzzle piece in your video.
Edit history:
Archanfel: 2013-04-23 01:12:50 pm
Archanfel: 2013-04-17 06:07:27 pm
Archanfel: 2013-04-17 08:46:31 am
Archanfel: 2013-04-17 08:43:52 am
Quote from keylie:
Well, maybe it is not that slower. I managed to get a green goomba on the star path (with Tim) and it goes to the flames about 8-10 sec before you took the puzzle piece in your video.

Glad to hear.
And yes it was in the last 1%. If i am sure that no chances, i never tell about it Wink
(For example "rabbit bridge" in warpless 3-6 (with 2 rabbits) have 0% to be faster.)
---
P.S. What do you think about creation "all stars" run as addition?
I know, "half of million frames" of waiting in 2-2 will be terrible... But all other stars are very interesting for speedrunning.
One day someone will do TAS for this... may be it will be you? Roll Eyes

---
Quote from Patashu:
The fact that one of the stars requires a huge wait is sad, and 'collects almost all stars' is not a good goal for a TAS either.
I not said ignore this star. I said only that it terrible, but it is still part of "All stars". You are right, "Almost all stars" is very bad goal indeed.
Edit history:
keylie: 2013-04-17 09:53:24 am
Trying to catch the second puzzle piece and survive, but the timing of the goomba canon is really bad Sad

If i do the whole thing a little later to catch the goomba on my way back, then I hit the goomba from the cannon during my long jump.
Edit history:
Archanfel: 2013-04-17 02:58:39 pm
Archanfel: 2013-04-17 02:54:15 pm
Archanfel: 2013-04-17 02:42:56 pm
Archanfel: 2013-04-17 02:42:24 pm
Archanfel: 2013-04-17 02:41:58 pm
Archanfel: 2013-04-17 02:41:35 pm
Archanfel: 2013-04-17 09:56:48 am
Archanfel: 2013-04-17 09:53:47 am
O! You doing bridge not exactly as i it expected. Probably your method is better.
But anyway wait a bit i try to drawing how earlier i imagined it. May be my method will have a better goomba-cannon timing.
Quote from keylie:
if i understand correctly, i don't see how can you take the puzzle piece. you cannot take it during the fall from the cannon, and if you take after jumping on green goomba you will hit the floor

Well, seems here I a bit miscalculated Undecided
Try a several different goomba trajectories (endpoints) in your variant. Most likely exist survival possibility ...at least i hope so.
if i understand correctly, i don't see how can you take the puzzle piece. you cannot take it during the fall from the cannon, and if you take after jumping on green goomba you will hit the floor
The fact that one of the stars requires a huge wait is sad, and 'collects almost all stars' is not a good goal for a TAS either. Maybe it would be best to create individual level speedruns for each star but 2-2 as a bonus.
We both like money! Friends?
You could do a "six star" run. Drop the 2-2 and then ofc the last one since that is only unlocked after the other 7 are taken. I know you can jump the chandelier without the 7 starts but I don't think the eighths star appear unitll the other seven is taken.
@KanBan85
"Six star" run is a bullshit, not a goal.
Quote from Patashu:
'collects almost all stars' is not a good goal for a TAS either.
Quote from Archanfel:
"Almost all stars" is very bad goal indeed.

But keylie is not yet said what his opinion about stars. May be he not want to doing 100% run... in this case our discussion is pointless.
Quote from Freid:
But keylie is not yet said what his opinion about stars. May be he not want to doing 100% run... in this case our discussion is pointless.

Well, let's just finish this TAS first.
Quote from keylie:
Well, let's just finish this TAS first.
You are right, no need hurry with decision. Finish this TAS first. And only then will be time to think about stars.
Just a bit food for thinking for future:

-In 6-5S insanity with green goomba should be fastest way to get star. I think so.
-Also in 6-6S there is a shorter way to get star (without using ladder.)
-And all other stars (exept terrible 2-2) can be very cool with tools.
Edit history:
keylie: 2013-04-18 09:25:52 am
keylie: 2013-04-18 08:19:35 am
keylie: 2013-04-18 08:18:20 am
keylie: 2013-04-18 08:16:35 am
keylie: 2013-04-18 07:18:12 am
keylie: 2013-04-18 06:54:05 am
Quote from Archanfel:
Try a several different goomba trajectories (endpoints) in your variant. Most likely exist survival possibility ...at least i hope so.

I used another strategy, with the ring. It will work, it is just a matter of time, as the goombas have to be perfectly placed.
+ Ok, done. Video here:

I used the ring to set the distance between the two normal goombas, but I needed a very precise distance so I had to start over a few times. For each try, I had to get the long jump to the puzzle piece, which is much harder than it looks because I had a very low vertical velocity. To get this jump, I had to do a very precise double corner boost then hit the goomba just before it goes to the flames.
Then, I needed to overtake the green goomba by going under it, to take position at the right place and 0x to get a collision with the green goomba, giving a higher jump than normal.
The escape over the plant by jumping over the two goombas with full speed was pure luck Smiley !

++ I'm really glad with this route. Even if it isn't faster than the normal route, I may keep it as 'time/entertainment trade-off'.
I just want to say that I started watching your TAS progress, and it's amazing. Great job, and I can't wait to see it when it's finished Cheesy
Edit history:
KanBan85: 2013-04-19 01:15:07 am
We both like money! Friends?
GJ on the level keylie.

And.. why has not P-why posted this: Huh?
New WR! I think some of your world 4 levels could be done faster, but I was blown away on how many complicated strats you used in world 6 for a single segment!

Your move palfo32 Smiley
Edit history:
keylie: 2013-04-19 08:10:32 am
Quote from KanBan85:

Maybe because he's waiting to get the WR before posting ?
Quote from palfo32:
I just did a 26:15 I didn't record (cause it was supposed to be a test run).
did a 25:57. still full of mistakes as you can tell by the time (last level fucked up again, too) but at least it's the first sub 26! I'll upload later.
Edit history:
palfo32: 2013-04-21 07:19:06 am

Here you go
Edit history:
Archanfel: 2013-04-21 09:18:26 am
Archanfel: 2013-04-21 09:18:17 am
Archanfel: 2013-04-21 09:18:15 am
Quote from palfo32:
did a 25:57
Congrats! Very nice and solid run, though i think you can do it a bit more better.
I hope it was not the last your WR Wink
---
@keylie
Btw, what do you think about moving slightly to the right at the grid in beginning of 3-2. Probably this way you can to pass under second goomba and not killing it. May be it is worth for TAS?
you're right on that. It has indeed so many mistakes that I don't even consider a submission and definitely won't stop running yet.
Edit history:
Archanfel: 2013-04-21 01:05:29 pm
Archanfel: 2013-04-21 01:04:46 pm
Quote from keylie:
In the new route for this stage, you have to rewind to the green platform after putting the key below the left platform. However, if you pull the right lever (which free the ladder) too early, before the green platform gets to its leftmost place, the trick doesn't work. Indeed, when you rewind at the end, the platform is not there anymore, so you cannot obtain the green state.

But waiting for the platform to move before pulling the lever is taking time, so I tried here not to wait to the platform. So when I rewind later, I need to be in the green state to be able to fast-forward and so to push the key. There is another possibility to obtain the green state, which I used here. It consists on teleporting to a moment when you have the green state.
So after I went up the star path, I prepare my future teleportation. After dealing with the key, I rewind until I get to the teleportation, which gave me the green state. Then I started to fast-forward, but the green state wasn't long enough so when I went to the left part of the stage, the key wasn't down.
Did you tried to get corner-glitch to return to green platform to obtain green state again? (At 0:44, when you are falling while using forward-rewind by teleportation-green-state)
---
And also at 0:39 - is not it be faster to pull lever before you get key?? (Though, it not will help with your main problem).

Edit history:
keylie: 2013-04-23 03:08:39 am
Video here:

Quote from Archanfel:
Did you tried to get corner-glitch to return to green platform to obtain green state again? (At 0:44, when you are falling while using forward-rewind by teleportation-green-state)

That's a good idea. The problem is that I must not break the green state between the fall and the platform, because otherwise I will be teleported on the left part of the stage. I may be possible if I make my previous jump from the green platform later, so that I keep the green state longer. I also need to find a way to get this corner boost without doing any input.

Quote from Archanfel:
And also at 0:39 - is not it be faster to pull lever before you get key?? (Though, it not will help with your main problem).

Probably, I didn't bother optimising this part, just to have an idea of how long this part takes.
Hi everyone!
Sorry I was away for a long time Tongue I wanted to congratulate Palfo32 for his 1st sub 26 ever! I'm going to get one too (I hope) !

Quote from KanBan85:
Your move palfo32 Smiley

I did not post it cause I knew it was not a "real WR". It was just the fastest run available on video (I just liked to call it a WR cause I knew I'd be beaten in no time by Palfo32)

I performed a 26:16 today which I'm kinda proud of because thanks to Palfo32 I now use the rabbit skip in "Movement by degrees" (4-4 I think... anyway) !
I'll let you know if I uploaded it because I think I use ALL the new strats and timesaviors; I just make a lot of mistakes... But that would be an idea of the "perfect" route.

Tell me what you think (should I post it or not?).

Till then, keep up the good work everyone Cheesy It's nice to see other people on Braid ! The competition is nice ^^
MEEEEEN ! I just stream Braid this afternoon and I performed a 25:34 :'D with a lot of fails in the beginning and almost got trolled at the end ! I'll give you the link asap !