Sad
page  <- 123456789101112131415161718 -> <- 1 ... 17, 18 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
torch slug since 2006
That seems to look kind of right. It seems like you hit Edit Splits, which you mention you did :p

Edit Splits is highly broken as of right now, it cannot save changes for example. You're better of importing a WSplit file, or wait until I stop being lazy and finish the page where you can create a new run (nate gave me the algorithm for hh:mm:ss.xxx to milliseconds so I have no excuse to not have made it.) Technically I should be able to make a site where you can Edit Splits aswell, the main problem is that I'm not sure how to seamlessly import/export the Split files, as nice as other timers do it. My current plan is just to host a PHP site that you create the splits in, but that means this timer is heading more and more towards "always online DRM" of some sort :p

I'll keep you posted anyway. I'm glad someone is trying to use my fork of Splits, but you might be better of using Llanfair as it is pretty feature complete, has global & customized hotkeys, gold splits, icons, and all hell.
Edit history:
MURPHAGATOR!: 2014-04-05 12:29:53 pm
Terraffirmative!
First post has been updated to make all the information here more accessible, I'll try to include everything thats already here but please let me know if you have a program you'd like to have included. I'm going to do a more detailed breakdown of feature differences for each program in the future.
You should also include LiveSplit since that's rapidly becoming the timer of choice for a lot of runners.
Terraffirmative!
Added LiveSplit. I'm going to spend some time over the next few days playing with various ones of these so I can compare features and such.
Edit history:
DJS: 2014-04-06 03:53:55 am
DJS: 2014-04-06 03:53:30 am
torch slug since 2006
if you could rename "Lambdan" to Splits that would be great.
it would be great if you also changed the description:
"Mac only right now, but open source. In it's early stages. Originally made by ewaller."
You might want to change ShitSplit's "maintainer."  I didn't make or maintain it.  The person to credit is setz.
Edit history:
dunnius: 2014-05-12 03:13:45 am
dunnius: 2014-05-12 02:13:54 am
Intruding N313 and F014
Intruding N313 and F014
I have been really busy lately, but I finally added support for the customizing the display formats for times (hh:mm:ss.cc, mm:ss.cc, ss.cc, or cc) as well as adding an option to show elapsed splits instead of actual time initially.  This was mentioned before in this thread by those who want to enter the in-game times manually instead of using real times or the timer.

I have also added code support for a timer hub, though it is commented out right now.  I came up with a protocol for it which has been posted in that thread.
Intruding N313 and F014
I added a popup for the event counters which makes it easier to see them at a glance.  The screen is toggled on/off by key or menu, but any key will hide the popup.
Hey in the int file how do i change the stuff like background i dont get the manual
Intruding N313 and F014
It is far easier to modify the values in the Time Split Tracker program by using the contextual menu (right click) on what you want to change.  For the background, you right click where there is no text.  I need to redo the manual sometime.
when i right click nothing happens
where do i click
Intruding N313 and F014
Ah, the mac version.  It unfortunately is a rather old port that does not have that feature.  It really needs a new mac port done from the most recent windows version.  The mac version also has an old version of the manual, which has been redone at some point to improve it.  (One alternative that you have is install WINE on your mac which allows you to run most Windows programs.) If you have IRC and can connect to SDA's IRC, irc.speeddemosarchive.com, you can join channel #timesplittracker where it is easier for me to help you with the setup.  If not, I can help you here.  Let me know what exactly you need help with.

Also, you can edit your posts instead of having to multipost.
Im asking is it possible to change the background and stuff on mac and if so how
Intruding N313 and F014
Hmm, it would appear that I never got around to adding customization to the mac port.  It had been well over a year since I looked at the code so I forgot about that.  I think it got lost in the shuffle when I did a rewrite of the main engine to make it easier for porting, and then improved the customization in the windows version, and then other additions.
I looked in this thread and I did a forum search and didn't find anything on this, so I apologize if this has been discussed.

Is there a timer app for iOS? I know we have MSplit on Android but since I only have an Android tablet, it would be much more convenient for me to have a timer app on my phone.

It's a pretty atypical use case, I'll admit, but I often practice games on my 3DS for pathing and learning some tricks, and I occasionally like to time myself. 3DS aside, I doubt I'm the only person who wouldn't mind a timer for use away from their computer who also has an iPhone/iPad.
Intruding N313 and F014
This update adds a customization for the screen's update interval.  The default value has always been 75 milliseconds, which is a modest rate that does not take much CPU usage (in real time only the tenths is really needed).  The main reason I added this is frame rate matching with the streaming software in case that helps it work better.

I wonder if this minor update is worth a news tip for SDA.  It has been while since the last update, and I have no other way of announcing updates.

NME: I don't know of any tablet versions of timers; indeed it is not something that is typically used, but would still be useful.  I would think that Time Split Tracker can easily be ported since it is designed with portability in mind.  But I can only work on the windows version, so I would need others to help with porting.
Edit history:
MURPHAGATOR!: 2015-02-06 10:03:34 am
Terraffirmative!
I went ahead and created a page for timers on the knowledge database so that it'd be more publicly accessible.

Feel free to continue using this thread, I'll try to make sure to keep up the links there if need be.
HELLO!
Nice work, thank you for that. It keeps coming up.
Dunnius, I've been using time split tracker for over a year now and it works great for what I need. I was wondering if it is possible to increase the text size though. I couldn't find any settings that could change it. Also I usually use an old mac version but I just downloaded the windows version and I can run it fine on my computer so if its possible to do in either version I love to know how. Also I'm mostly asking this because I might occasionally stream in the future and when I stretch out the program it looks pretty bad on stream. Thanks
Edit history:
dunnius: 2015-02-26 09:55:05 am
Intruding N313 and F014
The mac version is way out of date, and doesn't have much customization or added features.  The windows version is kept up to date, and this post has yet another update.  And you managed to post when I decide to be away for a couple of days  Smiley

To change the font, font size, and colors, you can either modify the ini file directly, or you can right click(contextual menu) on the text that you want to change and then select what you want to change.  You can also modify the split file the same way (move/add columns rows, add split images, etc).  There is one more menu if you right click on the background (not on any text) for settings that relate to the main screen (background color/image and other general settings).

Speaking of modifying fonts, I added a separate set of colors for the timer, so it can now be different from the colors for differences.  I did this because I wanted to change the timer color, but I forgot how to do it, so I decided to add the option in the timer's menu.

I also added a feature in the form's contextual menu to change the color format from RRGGBB to BBGGRR.  The reason I added this is that there is a bug in OBS for Linux that reverses the colors in its window and streams it that way despite Time Split Tracker showing the correct colors in its window (does this for non-WINE screens too).  So I added this feature so that the text will appear normal on stream without having to modify each one.  However, it still reverses the colors of any images for the splits/background, but it is not easy to make a workaround for that.
Thanks for the help dunnius. I was able to figure everything out and it looks much better now. Btw is there any plan to update the mac version or is that version basically dead? I guess it doesn't matter since I can use the windows version now but I'm curious.
Intruding N313 and F014
I don't plan on working on the Mac version, but I was hoping that others would be interested in porting, although WINE is an easier solution.  I have a new computer with Linux, so mac programming is out.  However, if I could get help making a version that would compile with gcc (I don't know how to go about making dynamic screens/controls with that), then it would be far more portable and would be able to be compiled on all systems.